• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
That win rate tho...

7eAhOS1.jpg
Haha forced 50 XD

Man, remember when forced 50 was all anyone talked about? feelsbadman

Tovarisc

From 2550-ish to <2400 in few games, this SR system is still one fucking troll.

Edit: Pro 3-3 meta fucking ruining ranked. Every fucking PUG player tries to be next MLGBrahPro and force 3-3. Then it utterly fails, every time.

From 2550-ish to <2400 in few games, this SR system is still one fucking troll.

Edit: Pro 3-3 meta fucking ruining ranked. Every fucking PUG player tries to be next MLGBrahPro and force 3-3. Then it utterly fails, every time.

Honestly I think it's more people not switching to try and handle other characters.

I noticed my Zarya on Ilios R1 was barely cutting, so I go Winston R2 and we clean up, 2-0. Then the other team comes back 2-3 because no one wants to hit the Pharah and our McCree / Genji can't aim lol.

Tovarisc

Honestly I think it's more people not switching to try and handle other characters.

I noticed my Zarya on Ilios R1 was barely cutting, so I go Winston R2 and we clean up, 2-0. Then the other team comes back 2-3 because no one wants to hit the Pharah and our McCree / Genji can't aim lol.

I'm talking about people who intentionally pick 3rd tank after team has already chosen 2 and maybe even some time with those 2. Suddenly shits stops dying because 3rd tank isn't contributing shit to anything and game or CP is lost in seconds. I can only imagine people like that are chugging prometa coolaid by liters and trying to force it into their ranked matches.

DevilDog

Top 500 ranking is all relative to your MMR compared to others in the top 500. Gaining ranks when you lose a game just means someone else (ahead of you) in the top 500 lost more MMR during that same time. It's not the most intuitive system imaginable, but it makes sense when you think about it.

0faba4a71042d185f0a0c5ac79fc5a281dbf1c876464be75c32d21b6d681a854_1.jpg

I can't stop laughing everytime I see your avatar :'D

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Junkrat! He gets no love as is. He needs more love.

really? he feels more and more common these days, especially in season 2 and after they rolled back the projectile hitboxes. I have a crazy sense of satisfaction playing with him on king of the hill map types.

"GUYS WE NEED TO FLANK THEM STOP HANGING OUT IN THE DOORWAY"

Our self-elected team captain Ana, on Eichenwalde point A.

I was Winston, had the point half capped and was drawing their Mei, Pharah, and Symmettra away from the doorway.

I was ahead of that plan by 30-40 seconds yet they didn't move from the doorway at all.

K.

Nimby

Banned
You know after the Sombra bullshit, I kinda lost interest in Overwatch. :/ I probably won't even play her much, but it really burnt down my excitement for the game.

ISOM

You know after the Sombra bullshit, I kinda lost interest in Overwatch. :/ I probably won't even play her much, but it really burnt down my excitement for the game.

Was it overexcited fans or did Overwatch botch this Sombra thing? Because I agree it feels like a huge letdown. Still playing tho!

Tovarisc

What if the end of the countdown was more than just a new character? New map, new mode, skins, etc.

I can forgive them if they give us a shit ton of stuff at the end.

They won't. You know it.

Well I guess they do if you count Halloween Event and Halloween Brawl that should drop "soon"?

Edit:
Was it overexcited fans or did Overwatch botch this Sombra thing? Because I agree it feels like a huge letdown. Still playing tho!

Blizzard is dragging out ARG as much as they can without any good reason. It has over stated its welcome by weeks now and I would argue most are burned out on it.

imo the Sombra thing is much worse because the content drip has been pretty slow, tbh. The game came out in May, and we've had one new character and one new map.

Granted they're both of incredibly high quality, but it's still slow compared to other titles.

Skii

Man I'm genuinely scared to play competitive at the moment. It's ridiculous how much build up I have to do to get into it. I need to play like 4-5 QP games with me doing really well with my top 5 heroes before going in. I think I need to just start jumping in because this isn't healthy lol.

They could for Blizzcon. If they were to do a huge content drop, it would be then.

I don't think they'll wait for Blizzcon with the new content. The timer on the Sombra site runs out about 3 weeks before that. Also I think if they reveal a character at Blizzcon, it'd have to be Liao, because he appears in the graphic novel that they are releasing in November as well.

I don't think they'll wait for Blizzcon with the new content. The timer on the Sombra site runs out about 3 weeks before that. Also I think if they reveal a character at Blizzcon, it'd have to be Liao, because he is appears in the graphic novel that they are releasing in November as well.
I'm not saying they'd wait till then to release Sombra, but they could show off a bunch of other new shit, like Liao or Doomfist.....or both!

I know I'm being really optimistic, but it would be a missed opportunity to not show some major content update off at Blizzcon. When is it anyways? December?

Tovarisc

I'm not saying they'd wait till then to release Sombra, but they could show off a bunch of other new shit, like Liao or Doomfist.....or both!

I know I'm being really optimistic, but it would be a missed opportunity to not show some major content update off at Blizzcon. When is it anyways? December?

"...Friday, November 4 and Saturday, November 5, 2016."

They don't all ways announce new (major) content for their IP's in BlizzCon. They do it when it makes sense to them. WoW usually get talk about next content patch, but rest of their IP's are about hoping your damnest they announce anything.

komaruR

Man I'm genuinely scared to play competitive at the moment. It's ridiculous how much build up I have to do to get into it. I need to play like 4-5 QP games with me doing really well with my top 5 heroes before going in. I think I need to just start jumping in because this isn't healthy lol.

14bQMw.gif
:p

patchday

imo the Sombra thing is much worse because the content drip has been pretty slow, tbh. The game came out in May, and we've had one new character and one new map.

Granted they're both of incredibly high quality, but it's still slow compared to other titles.

Well the content we get is free (well you know unless you buy loot boxes). Plus we got more stuff then what you listing

"...Friday, November 4 and Saturday, November 5, 2016."

They don't all ways announce new (major) content for their IP's in BlizzCon. They do it when it makes sense to them. WoW usually get talk about next content patch, but rest of their IP's are about hoping your damnest they announce anything.

It would make sense with Overwatch because of the graphic novel (as said), but then again, by that time they probably will have released a Halloween update, so who knows.

I hope they've just been waiting to have a content blowout in the last couple of months this year.

Well the content we get is free (well you know unless you buy loot boxes). Plus we got more stuff then what you listing

Competitive and a few skins and stuff, but I wouldn't consider that to be on the same level as characters or maps. Also, the whole "the content we get is free" argument doesn't really fly, since most other games also update their games for free.

Prelude.

I'm trying the PTR and the ping is pretty good? It's 60ms. I thought it'd be way worse since (afaik) it's on US servers.

Also, I'm lv183 instead of 198 here, not sure why.

KarmaCow

Yea I've been solo queuing comp and it's kinda tipped over to the point where the rush of playing a focused game is not worth the dice roll of teammates and the stress that comes from that. Not that QP is really a good alternative because it's a crapshoot of people just experimenting. Not that I begrudge people for doing that, where else can people reasonably try to improve with other heroes.

I'm going to guess he got disconnected. For some reason, the game doesn't distinguish between a server error/disconnect and an intentional exit, and the game sometimes doesn't allow you to rejoin for no apparent reason.
Well it can't. Sure, it could know that you exited a game manually, but if they added this change in, all that would happen is people would start just manually disconnecting their internet and the game wouldn't be able to tell whether or not it was an honest disconnection or intentional. You'd go back to the early days of gaming where people used to disconnect to avoid losses. It doesn't fix anything. If anything it would make leaving more rampant.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Unless you're solo q. I play a mean Zen, but if no one is grouped nearby or paying attention to discords even tho I'm calling them, the best you can do is be mercy and make sure your teammates don't die and give the individuals a boost when they need it. You can also usually escape easier when you're targeted and your team doesn't care about saving you.

Lucio can also be pretty good in that regard, but heals much slower and isn't as good st being able to track down teammates who don't group up.

That's the beauty of zen. He can take out the high priority targets himself

Also in my experience people do tend to follow the purple orb around. For solo q though more often than not it's best to discord the event never that's being focused down at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom