• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread turned into Destiny LFG and Dark Souls talk all of a sudden :p
but seriously Vault and Buttchin, it'd be fun to Destiny with y'all :)

My last match for today, and it's a 5 man group that changes hero every death. The game is making sure I leave after it.

Edit: One went Pro Genji for the second round; complained every death.

If all of us wanted to queue together, we'd only be able to crucible or raid, as everything else only allows up to 3 people per fireteam. I also don't have you on my FL, I think?

No, I am not on your Florida.

It shows up as red text in the lower left. It works for both parties. They would know.

I think he means if you invite someone and then queue for competitive. In that case, you get no warning.

Skii

By ELO hell, he's trying to say that people who think they are supposed to be much higher than they should be are actually where they should be atm. He was getting a TON of points for winning, because he wasn't where he was supposed to be. If people here were truly in this "ELO hell" that they keep mentioning, then they would be getting 50+ points every time they won.

That's the point that Ster was trying to prove. That the game does put you where you should be, and 9/10 times, doesn't screw you and put you in a rank lower than you're meant to be.

Yeah there are loads of people who just deserve to be in bronze/silver because although they get gold medals, it's not match defining achievements like players in platinum and above.

Where's this?
Also 3-0 :D

The twitch was posted a few pages ago.

xaosslug

It shows up as red text in the lower left. It works for both parties. They would know.

i think the person that sent the invite doesn't get a notification. Peeps keep inviting me, and then I go to join and it's they're in a comp match, go away! all da times. T__T

Nimby

Banned
Stall strats aren't worth it in the long run imo because all it takes is for the opposing team to roll over you with combined alts. That's usually what happens. Your giving them time to build it up.

Stalling is never smart.
Just wipe em.

How not? You're denying the attacking team time to make consecutive runs, or outright denying them to capture attack a second time. If the deaths are somewhat staggered (and that is not always under your control), it becomes very frustrating because as you wipe the team with an ult, someone else has spawned in and has the tools to delay until someone else spawns in, until Mei gets a good Blizzard off and wipes the remainder of the offense.

As a last ditch effort, why wouldn't you stall?

Jellie

KifoQK5.png

Apparently had a good session with Zarya.
Those stats seem off a bit though...

komaruR

I think his point was that if the people complaining were as great as they claim and it's always the teams fault, that they'd be able to carry everyone to victory all the way to where they belong, like he did about 20 games in a row. Although, I do think the win streak bonus he accumulated during the bronze and silver games kind of let him cruise through the real hell by ranking up 150 points per win, plus team luck. Cruising through platinum in 3 games is pretty unreasonable since the majority will not have this situation if they placed there or gold.

I still find it pretty impressive, but I'd like to see him place at gold and work from there. Though, I doubt he will since he considered it a waste of time. Personally, I would have been content with just general tips rather than showboating. :s

makes me think i should go down to bronze and accumulate some win streak and cruise thru plat too :p
i did watch a few bronze match before and those seem to be players with lower awareness and mechanical skills. if you decent with either genji, lucio, tracer, winston (these more mobility heros) it should be able to get in for a few kills then get out.

Soulflarz

Banned
This thread turned into Destiny LFG and Dark Souls talk all of a sudden :p
but seriously Vault and Buttchin, it'd be fun to Destiny with y'all :)

shh

I think the fact that I was using an ultra greatsword made that fight harder than it need to be.
Am I allowed in on this?

I used a longsword all of ds3. Best weapon for me by a mile, made it too easy though. Didn't die in irithyll or such

ZangBa

makes me think i should go down to bronze and accumulate some win streak and cruise thru plat too :p
i did watch a few bronze match before and those seem to be players with lower awareness and mechanical skills. if you decent with either genji, lucio, tracer, winston (these more mobility heros) it should be able to get in for a few kills then get out.

The skill level displayed there was pretty unreal, I thought some of these people may be doing it on purpose.

Thinking about it, a real experiment like this would need to be done at least hundred, maybe 50 times to get a more accurate resolution to all of this. Who is going to waste their time doing that, though?

Anteo

I just quit a competitive match as soon as the text "match completed" appeared and got banned for half an hour.. cool...

Anyone else get random FPS drops during team fights? I'll be at 50-60 FPS and then suddenly it'll skip around at 10-15 for about two seconds then go back up to full, throws off my game a lot.

According to systemrequirementslab who are usually good about things I meet the minimum and recommended requirements for the game.

It never did this in beta, the only thing that has changed between then and now though is I have windows 10 instead of windows 7. Is this a known issue?

When you get a 26 killstreakand an overtime win in competitive and then you lose the footage. /feelsreallybadman

I accidentally deleted the video of me getting a quad kill with a pulse bomb. Wasn't even a Graviton combo or anything. Everyone just bunched up in a house and died together.

Ah. There we go. Finally a game with someone toxic. I started hopping in team chat about 4 games ago and so far everyone has been super nice. Finally got a game where teammate was calling us all autistic.

ZangBa

I wish there was a competitive practice mode. I'd like to pick characters I don't normally play for practice but quick play is just such an ass way to go about it. My team of 3 Mei's, Hanzo, and D'va isn't a realistic situation for meaningful practice. I don't think Blizzard will ever do it because it will split the userbase, but still.

I don't understand this competitive play. We just stopped a team from getting the first point, and then they stopped us from getting first point. And we lost. Can someone explain that to me?

komaruR

I don't understand this competitive play. We just stopped a team from getting the first point, and then they stopped us from getting first point. And we lost. Can someone explain that to me?

did they push further than you? or did they reach the location your team got to with lower amount of time?

What mode? Are you sure it wasn't just a draw? It has the same color scheme as a loss when it shows up and makes the same losing sound effect, so did you mix it up with that? Kind of dumb that they don't have neutral sounds for draw instead of making it sound like you lost.

ISOM

I wish there was a competitive practice mode. I'd like to pick characters I don't normally play for practice but quick play is just such an ass way to go about it. My team of 3 Mei's, Hanzo, and D'va isn't a realistic situation for meaningful practice. I don't think Blizzard will ever do it because it will split the userbase, but still.

Yeah, I said it the other day you can't get real practice in QP due to the no hero limit. At best you can use it for mechanical things like aiming training with hero like Mccree.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It was strong sarcasm. Look up.

Again, it takes an entire second for it to activate. Plenty enough time to get out of its range.

And again. She's F-tier.

Keep in mind how F-tier is calculated. Mei is still a pretty map dependent hero. Depending on which maps gets played she might drop in and out of usage. Which is where she needs to be I think, just with her general toolkit. Plus any meta with deathbally/snowball potential strats are going to be bad for defense characters. Which was hopefully gone this patch but then the NiP strat emerged incredibly strongly.

Which is why the tanks and ana/lucio aren't in A-S Tier, because they still aren't used in KotH, certain maps, and most teams just aren't comfortable with it yet.

I'm actually surprised to see NiP playing very little (or none?) KotH in the lenovo cup.

matmanx1

I actually had a nice, relaxing little QP session just now. It's been a crazy last couple of days and I didn't play at all yesterday but felt like I had just enough mental energy for messing around in QP for a bit. I ended up having a great game with D.Va on Illios and then another one on Gibraltar.

On Gibraltar the attacking team had a PRO HANZO (seemed like he was on fire the whole match) so anytime he poked his head out I made it my mission to go and harass him. We played peekaboo for the entire hangar session and my team was able to stall the attackers long enough that they couldn't complete the push to get us the win.

It's been a while since I played D.Va and I messed up a few self- destructs but in terms of damage, eliminations and damage blocked it was a good couple of matches.

Amazingly enough, QP can actually be fun sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom