• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greddleok

Guy that starts as Lucio, switches to Zen halfway through (despite being our only healer), then pulls out Ana last minute starts spamming 'thanks' when we lose 🙆

Maybe he was trying to get help. If someone's struggling as the only healer, it's a good idea to switch to another support to help.

Maybe he freed up Lucio thinking other people might swap because they can't play Zen, or that everyone knows Zen isn't effective as a solo healer, so it was a hint for someone else to help.

Just try not to be "that guy" who complains about no support players, but refuses to switch to support. Pretty much why Mercy and Lucio are in my top 4 played time because no one else wants to do the job in CP.

My ultimate (sound barrier) is ready!
Group up with me!

Group up with me!

Group up with me!

9 times out of ten in qp they don't group with you ;_;

Fuck you Pharah!

G60k40.gif

I don't know why I was chasing Pharah as Junkrat. But that's my feel good story for the day... vindicated!

Here you go...
Rcftjcf.png

Bonus!
vU2oJev.png

Yeah, this looks cleaner, but I still think the images maybe need to be clearer?

A little bigger maybe, simpler, and 2D as opposed to 3D/sticking out of the portrait.

Zenyatta and Junk Rat for example just look really ugly.

This looks nicer:

renaud-galand-icld01.jpg

Something more minimal, 2D, and clearer would be so much better to look at. It really bothers me lol. Mostly because it's hard to quickly tell with some characters.

Or actually, why not use the portraits from the hero gallery or character select screen? It's weird that they have a 3rd portrait for the scoreboard, most of which are ugly and hard to immediately read.

NimbusD

Group up with me!

Group up with me!

Group up with me!

9 times out of ten in qp they don't group with you ;_;

Went 1-2-1 today in comp. Every team, even the winning one had moments like this: Killed two people as McCree, but hurt, next to Zen. Not on voice channel so use the heal me emote. He heals someone else who's at full health. Start spamming it... no orb... jumping around in front of him, die because I stepped on a random leftover junkrat trap. After that I had to leave the group every time I needed healing which sucked.

End up with gold elims still and the group starts saying something like, "he only got kills from his ult" I guess as an insult? I dunno, but being annoyed that the healer isnt' healing made them real hostile towards me.

I did have a hilarious moment where I high nooned from a hallway at the second section of dorado, just trying to get the support in the back without them realizing where I was, but Hanzo ulted at the same time and the whole team scrambled into the hallway I was in to get out of the way and I wiped them out. That was fun.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, this looks cleaner, but I still think the images maybe need to be clearer?

A little bigger maybe, simpler, and 2D as opposed to 3D/sticking out of the portrait.

Zenyatta and Junk Rat for example just look really ugly.

This looks nicer:

renaud-galand-icld01.jpg

Something more minimal, 2D, and clearer would be so much better to look at. It really bothers me lol. Mostly because it's hard to quickly tell with some characters.

Yeah, each character already has a 2D portrait like that. Not a huge deal to me though, I would guess they went with the current 3D ones because it reflects the ingame costume.

Congrats!
Love killing Pharahs as a Junkrat while they're flying.

Thanks! and yep. That's why I assigned the concussion mine to L3. It's so easy to follow up grenades with mines that way. They don't seem to expect it after I've emptied my primary and I get an easy quick kill.

I dont know who Sombra is, but I think it'd be really cool if it was a Lucha wrestler who could throw a small trampoline jump pad for your team.

Im surprised there's no jump pad ability.

Yeah, each character already has a 2D portrait like that. Not a huge deal to me though, I would guess they went with the current 3D ones because it reflects the ingame costume.

Yeah I noticed this, but that seems like a lot of work for what amounts to hard to read UI design. I pop up the scoreboard to see what the composition is, and sometimes it takes a second.

If they had universal, clean popping and simplistic art design, it'd be more pleasant. Not a huge deal, I'm sure Ill get used to it as I get used to the game, but I think it's weirdly complicated and just looks muddled and dark for some characters.

Mozendo

Thanks! and yep. That's why I assigned the concussion mine to L3. It's so easy to follow up grenades with mines that way. They don't seem to expect it after I've emptied my primary and I get an easy quick kill.

Oh and since you're playing Junkrat I suggest placing a bear trap and a concussion mine like right next to each other probably the bear trap outside the door and the conussion mine right on the wall and when someone gets trapped explode the mine. For non-tanks it's a guaranteed kill

Oh and since you're playing Junkrat I suggest placing a bear trap and a concussion mine like right next to each other probably the bear trap outside the door and the conussion mine right on the wall and when someone gets trapped explode the mine. For non-tanks it's a guaranteed kill

I love doing this lol, it even has a giant notification for when someone is trapped.

Playing Destiny and...wow, everything feels off.

30fps and 3 classes with little variation will do that to you.

PatjuhR

I'm really starting to get really frustrated with all the Hanzo's in QP on console.

They hit way to easy. If it wasn't for all the Hanzo's to just shoot arrows all the time in all directions they would have an avg higher than 50%.

Just compare him with Widowmaker. She has to actually aim to hit. Hanzo's biggest problem is the waiting time before he can shoot his next around. Which is the same length as Widowsmaker (I think).

I haven't seen one Hanzo that took his time to aim like a Widowmaker does. It's just release/shoot/release/shoot/release/shoot. And there is a reason for that. They don't have to. General direction is enough.

I hate how insanely high aim assist is on console. Kind of makes me feel bad and not actually competitive or skilled. I dont know if removing it totally would work for this game, but I wish they reduced it.

Hm, so you guys customize key binding individually? Ive been wanting to do this, but am a little scared that I wont be able to comprehend the changes. I changed jump to L1 but out of habit, if I changed things up per character, it may screw with my memory.

Hanzo's ultimate is particularly hard for me. I have it tied to triangle for everyone, but its hard when I remove my thumb from the analog stick. Is there a good guide for key binding on console I can follow? Who are the big characters to change?

Also, I wish we could get some advanced controls. For example, pressing L1 + R1 together for an ultimate, or any combination.

As well, I hate that I have to pull out my ice wall, then press another button to activate it. Id rather hold down R1, and then release to build the wall.

exYle

30fps and 3 classes with little variation will do that to you.

It's more than that. Hell, I can live with 30 FPS, and the classes are different enough for me to play differently. But the gunplay, the movement speed, the movement options - all feel sluggish.

I'll always have Destiny in my life. I've put almost a month's worth of game time (and I mean month - I have more than 650 hours registered) into it and I doubt I'll ever have a game that quite has its hooks in me again. But I always hated its PvP. Now I have Overwatch, I may never touch regular Crucible or Trials again. I'll probably have to go back for the Iron Banner, but past that, I'll stick with you folks. Similarly, even if Overwatch ever gets a PvE mode, I doubt I'll enjoy it as much as Destiny.

I gave up on that dream. I only have room for one insanely addictive game in my life
And if the way this semester has gone so far is any indication, maybe not even that.

What're you studying, my friend?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dont know who Sombra is, but I think it'd be really cool if it was a Lucha wrestler who could throw a small trampoline jump pad for your team.

Im surprised there's no jump pad ability.

New junkrat buff.

Which has pretty amazing troll potential now that i think about it.

PatjuhR

I can already see ulting Roadhogs and Reapers flying through the air.

Btw got stuck yesterday in a Junkrat trap while ulting as Zenyatta. Wtf is that bullshit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Had a few matches where i booped an ulting reaper into the void multiple times and it felt so good.

Die, die-aaaaAauuuuuuuughhhhhhhh.

I could only imagine how pissed he was.

Had a few matches where i booped an ulting reaper into the void multiple times and it felt so good.

Die, die-aaaaAauuuuuuuughhhhhhhh.

I could only imagine how pissed he was.

an enemy lucio booped 3 people off Illios in just 2 boops for a potg today

I wasn't even mad, just impressed

Queue'd with a friend around rank 2600. I see the elo hell is real now. Every match had Mei's on both teams, constantly was solo tanking or solo healing, and people preferring to run face first into problems instead of countering to beat them.

I got 2 points for a Victory. Fucking hell.

I don't know what they're doing with SR but it isn't working as intended.

played two matches earlier after getting placed, the first one we lost by only a few meters in the 4th round (we tied the first set so we had to keep going) the second match I played we beat them within like a minute and they didn't even get the payload to the first checkpoint

I ended up with less SR than before the two games

I wasn't on a losing streak so the win should have been equally weighed at LEAST,. It doesn't make any sense how I can lose a close game in round 4 overtime and completely trounce an enemy team and not end up with more points than what I started with.

finalflame

Queue'd with a friend around rank 2600. I see the elo hell is real now. Every match had Mei's on both teams, constantly was solo tanking or solo healing, and people preferring to run face first into problems instead of countering to beat them.
Mei is relatively "in" the meta and lots of pros/famous streamers are playing her on Twitch. I still think she's a situational pick but generally she's ok now, I don't feel any desperation when I see one on my team.

As for 1 tank/1 healer comps, calling it out politely in comms is generally enough to get people to adjust. But it might help that I'm always playing tank.

This based on PC, both falling from 2843 -> 2350 to climbing back from 2350->2611 this weekend, mostly solo queue.

Rize_21

Speaking of Mei, her ice wall still hasn't been fixed... I made one to use as a bridge(right side of hanamura/ defense side) and ended up clipping in the wall... come on Blizzard, fix this, it's been reported many times :/.

The only reason to be mad about having a Mei on your team is wondering if they're gonna be one of the shitty ones that block you.

I was going against a Mei that placed an ice wall in between me and an enemy McCree prepping Deadeye and then didn't remove it lol

stupid Meis are always going to exist but I think they might be slightly fixed if Blizzard said in the hero details how to remove and rotate the walls.

I don't mind good Mei's. But most just seem to fuck me over with Ice Walls, or waste their Ult's despite having mine (Zarya's) ready

I finally get Reinhardt. I reassigned his controls so that his boost and fireball are set to L3 and R3. His shield set to R1 and jump to L2. I've had two consecutive POTGs as him and three consecutive 3 Gold awards.

This is impressive to me because I used to be an awful Reinhardt.

Now I'm constently jumping and forward moving with his shield up. Only attacking mid range and far range with my fireball to raise my ult. And saving my charge for close quarter encounters (preferably if theres a wall directly behind them)

My new button configuration keeps my fingers everywhere.

It's amazing how good reinhardt is if you take the initiative and not be scared to move up.

darklin0

Banned
I don't know what they're doing with SR but it isn't working as intended.

played two matches earlier after getting placed, the first one we lost by only a few meters in the 4th round (we tied the first set so we had to keep going) the second match I played we beat them within like a minute and they didn't even get the payload to the first checkpoint

I ended up with less SR than before the two games

I wasn't on a losing streak so the win should have been equally weighed at LEAST,. It doesn't make any sense how I can lose a close game in round 4 overtime and completely trounce an enemy team and not end up with more points than what I started with.

Depends entirely on Elims that is why it is bullshit.

In other news, won again and I got 5 points. :/

Mozendo

Someone gave me shit for being a "Kamikaze" for trying to get on point on King's Row because when I caught up all the other players were all dead.
But what annoys me is that I was a Junkrat on a team that had a lucio, Rein, Widowmaker, Zenyatta, and an Ana yet the Ana was giving me shit.
Like how delusional can some people to think that's the reason we never even got the point.
Edit: Was attack

Depends entirely on Elims that is why it is bullshit.

In other news, won again and I got 5 points. :/

Does it? I don't think we know for sure but one of my friends is pretty confident supports get screwed so it might be that.

My winning game I played as Lucio both rounds so that would make sense...

Just played the worst match of comp ever. It was literally just the rest of my team grouping up on me until I started crying and left the match.

People in comp get angry if I don't join teamchat but then when I do they always just use voice chat to get pissed at their team :( like whats the point of voice chat if you're just gonna be a dick.

Man, the internet fucking sucks sometimes... ;(

That's unfortunate :(

I've noticed a big surge in anger in Comp lately myself and it's been making want to NOT play Comp. Nonstop blaming and insults, it's pretty bad.

Yeah it's really rough I think people are a lot more sensitive to losing ranks this season. The community was a lot better during season 1.

Mutombo

I finally get Reinhardt. I reassigned his controls so that his boost and fireball are set to L3 and R3. His shield set to R1 and jump to L2. I've had two consecutive POTGs as him and three consecutive 3 Gold awards.

This is impressive to me because I used to be an awful Reinhardt.

Now I'm constently jumping and forward moving with his shield up. Only attacking mid range and far range with my fireball to raise my ult. And saving my charge for close quarter encounters (preferably if theres a wall directly behind them)

My new button configuration keeps my fingers everywhere.

It's amazing how good reinhardt is if you take the initiative and not be scared to move up.

I was playing with a Reinhardt the other day, and all he did was charge in, swing his hammer, charge in some more. I think I have seen his shield up a total of 4 seconds.

I'm not sure if he was bad or good though. I know it can be scary to get a swinging reinhardt in your face. But I know he didn't block much damage that could've helped the other team.

darklin0

Banned
Does it? I don't think we know for sure but one of my friends is pretty confident supports get screwed so it might be that.

My winning game I played as Lucio both rounds so that would make sense...

I noticed it on my Rein games. The games where I get 35 elims, at a 50% win ratio I gain. If I don't do as much, at a 50% win ratio I tend to lose SR. This is while averaging above 20k shield and above 3 minute obj time.

Do you have a source for this?

I am making a spread sheet with all my stats every game. I have about 30 games and I can already see a pattern. When I reach about 100 I will start seeing a better picture. As of right now, I don't have enough data to say I am 100% sure at this point.

Mozendo

Just played the worst match of comp ever. It was literally just the rest of my team grouping up on me until I started crying and left the match.

People in comp get angry if I don't join teamchat but then when I do they always just use voice chat to get pissed at their team :( like whats the point of voice chat if you're just gonna be a dick.

Man, the internet fucking sucks sometimes... ;(

Hey buddy,
You're a great person.
I love you.
Cheer up.

PatjuhR

So what's the best tactic for the Genji deflection trophy?

Find a Mercy-powered Bastion that's stupid enough to keep firing at Deflect? Maybe redirect his bullets to his teammates so he doesn't really care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom