• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozendo

Thanks buddy. You're a sweetheart <3

I should really get a group together to avoid this kind of thing in future

What are the requirements for grouping up in competive? I also wnat to try it but at the same time I'm also scared because of the hostility it might bring.

Also if you're on PC and want someone to protect you from big bad bullies add me.
In fact anyone can add me.
I've been trying to find friends on OW to play with but the people I make end up being friends with in-game just delete me from their friends list afterwards. ;_;
Mozendo#1875 if anyone care

darklin0

Banned
What are the requirements for grouping up in competive? I also wnat to try it but at the same time I'm also scared because of the hostility it might bring.

Also if you're on PC and want someone to protect you from big bad bullies add me.
I've been trying to find friends on OW to play with but the people I make end up being friends with in-game just delete me from their friends list afterwards. ;_;

image.php

I see what camp you lie in. We are mortal enemies now.

back after taking two weeks off

so is lucio still s-rank

Well this is the latest meta report.
Not sure if anyone posted it in the last thread

S TIER “THE OVERPOWERED HEROES”
Another week has passed without any Hero reaching the S Tier – but it was we had a near miss. Lucio’s 94.29% usage just missed the 95% usage rate cutoff, so I’ll address his trend a little bit here. Despite Ana being the linchpin that ties the 3x3 strat together, Lucio still fills the role as second support run in the lineup. Even the modified 3x2x1 strat that runs a Hanzo swaps out the Zenyatta – leaving Lucio and Ana to duo-heal the team. This is due not only because his Speed Boost is still extremely strong, but because his Heal Boost synergizes so well with Ana’s Biotic Grenade. Lucio’s usage has nearly reached the S Tier once again because he’s equally useful in non-3x3 lineups – which is no different than previous Metas.

https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2016-...list-and-meta-report-new-metas-come-in-threes

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
I love Zenyatta. People say he's a shit primary healer but I disagree.

Mercy and Ana are by far my favorite supports to play, but yeah I do agree that Zenyatta's healing abilities are seriously underrated. Not having to waste time physically travelling across the map to heal like Mercy does means that his short burst heals are basically on par with hers, and he can generally make up the rest of the distance with well-timed Ults. When I'm doing well with Zen I easily top 1000 healing/minute, which is plenty.

I think the problem is just that most players I encounter don't think of him as a solo healer, and focus on landing damage to the detriment of their orb placement. So even though he's excellent, unless I'm playing with folks I know I'm still going to be super skeptical of any Zen solo healer on my team.

Hey I sent you a request sorry it took so long I got kinda sidetracked

Auctopus

Mercy and Ana are by far my favorite supports to play, but yeah I do agree that Zenyatta's healing abilities are seriously underrated.

I think they're just misunderstood, to be honest. The best way to understand a hero's abilities against you is to play as them yourself. If everybody spent some time as Zenyatta, he'd be a lot more effective.

Too many players think that the Harmony Orb makes them invincible. I've placed it on some players who are retreating with about 40% health yet once the orb is on them, they will charge the enemy and die.

Same goes for the Discord orb, sometimes it feels like it makes tagged enemies invisible to my teammates because most of the time I'm taking out the enemies that I place the Discord orb on. Whereas if a Soldier or D.Va got on top of them, they would melt.

Azoor

Wait I thought Zen was a terrible hero? I guess I gotta practice a bit more.

Zen is a great hero if you use him as a secondary healer to complement other heroes like Mercy or Lucio. His discord and harmony orbs are very useful to any team.

scoobs

Zenyatta is top tier. High damage support with one of the 3 best ultimates in the game, not to mention discord orb, he's so crazy good.

PatjuhR

Zenyatta is top tier. High damage support with one of the 3 best ultimates in the game.

Untill you get stuck in a freaking trap.

So mad, even tho it didn't really matter that much. But I wanna move around like a crazy when I'm ulting.

Ramirez

Someone gave me shit for being a "Kamikaze" for trying to get on point on King's Row because when I caught up all the other players were all dead.
But what annoys me is that I was a Junkrat on a team that had a lucio, Rein, Widowmaker, Zenyatta, and an Ana yet the Ana was giving me shit.
Like how delusional can some people to think that's the reason we never even got the point.
Edit: Was attack

Attack Junkrat is probably why they were giving you shit??

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Too many players think that the Harmony Orb makes them invincible. I've placed it on some players who are retreating with about 40% health yet once the orb is on them, they will charge the enemy and die.

Yeah this is definitely true as well. The amount of times I've placed an orb on a low-health ally only to see them immediately walk out of my line of sight and die is really disheartening.

Someone gave me shit for being a "Kamikaze" for trying to get on point on King's Row because when I caught up all the other players were all dead.
But what annoys me is that I was a Junkrat on a team that had a lucio, Rein, Widowmaker, Zenyatta, and an Ana yet the Ana was giving me shit.
Like how delusional can some people to think that's the reason we never even got the point.
Edit: Was attack

Ana is fantastic on attack, especially with a Rein. That's the recipe you want for breaking trenches.

3 healers is only ever worth if you have batteries for them. Because of so much spike damage available in the game, you won't be able to heal a Widow or the J-rat to any effect, because bringing them right back down takes no time if they have no intrinsic armor.

One of your healers should've switched. Or you should've switched to a tank, like Zarya. Most likely, both should have happened because an Attack Widow is gonna Attack Widow no matter what you do.

komaruR

I noticed it on my Rein games. The games where I get 35 elims, at a 50% win ratio I gain. If I don't do as much, at a 50% win ratio I tend to lose SR. This is while averaging above 20k shield and above 3 minute obj time.

I am making a spread sheet with all my stats every game. I have about 30 games and I can already see a pattern. When I reach about 100 I will start seeing a better picture. As of right now, I don't have enough data to say I am 100% sure at this point.
Did you record your team avg sr and the enemy team sr avg too?

DevilDog

I've been having so much fun throwing ana grenades into black holes+trancendence. It is humiliating when a zen wastes his ult and then dies in the end as well.

Went 1-2-1 today in comp. Every team, even the winning one had moments like this: Killed two people as McCree, but hurt, next to Zen. Not on voice channel so use the heal me emote. He heals someone else who's at full health. Start spamming it... no orb... jumping around in front of him, die because I stepped on a random leftover junkrat trap. After that I had to leave the group every time I needed healing which sucked.

End up with gold elims still and the group starts saying something like, "he only got kills from his ult" I guess as an insult? I dunno, but being annoyed that the healer isnt' healing made them real hostile towards me.

I did have a hilarious moment where I high nooned from a hallway at the second section of dorado, just trying to get the support in the back without them realizing where I was, but Hanzo ulted at the same time and the whole team scrambled into the hallway I was in to get out of the way and I wiped them out. That was fun.

I don't trust random healers anymore. If I get hurt I will go for the nearest health pack immediately. Sometimes the Mercy/Zenyatta will get me before I get there and I thank them, but I don't ever hit the I need healing button because for me it's just easier to run and get a health pack before returning to the fight instead of stressing over whether the healer will actually heal me or just be a dick.

an enemy lucio booped 3 people off Illios in just 2 boops for a potg today

I wasn't even mad, just impressed

I don't know exactly when Lucio's alt-fire officially became "boop" but I love that it's now basically the only way to describe it. You don't boop with Pharah. You don't boop with Junkrat. You boop with Lucio.

LiK

So what's the best tactic for the Genji deflection trophy?

Find a Mercy-powered Bastion that's stupid enough to keep firing at Deflect? Maybe redirect his bullets to his teammates so he doesn't really care?

just need to deflect when people are just attacking like crazy and you hit 2 or more guys back with it. basically need to be lucky. i haven't gotten that yet either.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't trust random healers anymore. If I get hurt I will go for the nearest health pack immediately. Sometimes the Mercy/Zenyatta will get me before I get there and I thank them, but I don't ever hit the I need healing button because for me it's just easier to run and get a health pack before returning to the fight instead of stress.

You do know that this is actually really annoying to us actual healers right. Like we run over to heal and you people just won't stop walking so we need to chase you. No wonder we don't get to heal lol.

Tovarisc

I don't trust random healers anymore. If I get hurt I will go for the nearest health pack immediately. Sometimes the Mercy/Zenyatta will get me before I get there and I thank them, but I don't ever hit the I need healing button because for me it's just easier to run and get a health pack before returning to the fight instead of stressing over whether the healer will actually heal me or just be a dick.

Depending what role you are playing it often has nothing to do with being dick to you and all about just not seeing you, especially if you don't call out for medic. If and when I play Mercy and team fight is happening or frontline is just being pushed and they are pushing back I'm very busy with people there, it's very easy to miss teams flankers or odd assault in sidelines. Even then I feel like shit every time someone drops that I maybe could have saved if I had been little faster with my GA stuff.

Still pick up those health packs every time you can, even if healer is near or even sees you. Getting that HP boost from pack makes topping you that much faster allowing healer to refocus to other targets, or even ignore you for few seconds longer while they make sure tank doesn't drop.

Edit: Also what Antiwhippy said. Running away from us or not knowing where we are (usually where team tanks are) is often on you at the end. GA can maybe reach you, but then you pull me far away from others.

LiK

People who call for healing and don't notice that the support just died should probably

1) turn on the kill feed
2) pay attention to the damn kill feed

When I was forced to play Zen by two Master randoms and I was in team chat, they were bitching that I wasn't healing them when I just died and was coming back from spawn. How the hell do Masters not even pay attention to that? These solo q bitches need to learn to play like a team.

Antiwhippy

The worst ones are the ones i actually have been healing as ana but are still running around finding health packs even when I've clearly been healing you while you're searching.

Also people who spam need healing when they are out of los and will not budge. Help us help you a little will ya?

Tovarisc

People who call for healing and don't notice that the support just died should probably

1) turn on the kill feed

When I was forced to play Zen by two Master randoms and I was in team chat, they were bitching that I wasn't healing them when I just died and was coming back from spawn. How the hell do Masters not even pay attention to that? These solo q bitches need to learn to play like a team.

Or they were just giving you shit for dying and not being able to survive what ever happened. I bet some people have done that to me on purpose after they have failed to help me fight off e.g. Reaper. They fight him with me, they see me drop and then start spamming "NEED HEALING" when I'm teams only healer.

LiK

Or they were just giving you shit for dying and not being able to survive what ever happened. I bet some people have done that to me on purpose after they have failed to help me fight off e.g. Reaper. They fight him with me, they see me drop and then start spamming "NEED HEALING" when I'm teams only healer.

Nah, they were bitching that I wasn't healing them and wondering where I was. They were thinhking I was still behind them or something. They were on mic so I'm not guessing what they were saying.

Azoor

1) turn on the kill feed

The worst ones are those who call for heals when they really don't need healing. Like a Reinhardt who lost like 70 HP.

4 most satisfying things in this game:

1. Deflecting high noon back in his face and saving your whole team in the process
2. Saving your whole team with Transcendence
3. Killing Bastion with deflect
4. Getting a quad with Genjis ult

Too bad I can't experience number 4. Fucking hell, at this rate, I would think I would've gotten this stupid trophy already. Why can't I ever get someone to pick Zarya when I pick Genji? UGH

Antiwhippy

Had a really funny one where the potg was reaper running through the mercy and me on zen as everyone else is busy just fighting at the front. I got him a bit as zen but you know what, reaper still beats most people 1 v 1 at his range. I've earlier asked the team to look out a little for the healers.

After they saw the potg, one of them said "oh i see what you meant".

What's with people not using my teleporters?

If that stupid fucking Mei had used it on Volskaya she would have contested the point in overtime buying time for the rest of us to charge in and wipe out the team. But, no, she decides to walk all the way from spawn.

I've noticed a few times now that people just completely ignore the teleporter. Such an odd thing to do.

KiraFA37

4 most satisfying things in this game:

1. Deflecting high noon back in his face and saving your whole team in the process
2. Saving your whole team with Transcendence
3. Killing Bastion with deflect
4. Getting a quad with Genjis ult

Too bad I can't experience number 4. Fucking hell, at this rate, I would think I would've gotten this stupid trophy already. Why can't I ever get someone to pick Zarya when I pick Genji? UGH

5. Kicking a Mei/Genji/Tracer in the face as Zenyatta.

Antiwhippy

What's with people not using my teleporters?

If that stupid fucking Mei had used it on Volskaya she would have contested the point in overtime buying time for the rest of us to charge in and wipe out the team. But, no, she decides to walk all the way from spawn.

I've noticed a few times now that people just completely ignore the teleporter. Such an odd thing to do.

People are wary of troll syms.

1) turn on the kill feed

Kill feed being off by default was a dumb-as-shit decision.

When I play Zenyatta, I'm often calling out to players to back up so I can heal them. I do this a lot in Comp - "Hey D.va - step back so I can Harmony you." I've found that doing this reminds players that they need to stay in my LOS to keep heals up, and helps instill the idea that healing is a team effort. I definitely get less "fucking Zenyatta can't heal good enough play Mercy you noob" when I'm active on mic.

So apparently Overbuff says I'm the 106th best Ana in competitive. Top 1% in elims, damage done, and enemies slept. feelsgoodman

Although I only average 5000 healing and 6 nano boost assists. Both of those feel extremely low. I feel I should be getting around 8 boost assists and around 7000-8000 healing. The fact that I can still improve a ton on those things makes me wonder if I could get top 50 Ana if I improved those.

Competitive stats on overbuff are safe to use right? It's just QP that can't be trusted because of not counting losses, right?

Antiwhippy

So apparently Overbuff says I'm the 106th best Ana in competitive. Top 1% in elims, damage done, and enemies slept. feelsgoodman

Although I only average 5000 healing and 6 nano boost assists. Both of those feel extremely low. I feel I should be getting around 8 boost assists and around 7000-8000 healing. The fact that I can still improve a ton on those things makes me wonder if I could get top 50 Ana if I improved those.

Competitive stats on overbuff are safe to use right? It's just QP that can't be trusted because of not counting losses, right?

Damn, i do about that much and I'm only 50% on pc

Shows how good most Ana players are on console XD

She's definitely the hardest character to play on console right now. She's harder than Widow because she has a lot more to worry about than Widow. Widow is just "sit back and shoot shit" while Ana is "shoot enemies, shoot teammates, sleep this guy, throw a grenade here, throw a nano there" and I think this makes her much harder than Widow imo.
even though Widow is probably the only character I'm afraid of playing XD

All this makes it all the more satisfying. But I still think my healing is garbage. I'm one of those Anas XD

A good Ana is almost as useful as a good Zarya imo.

Tovarisc

5k healing done average is very low imo. I average 11k as Mercy per match and decent Ana can out heal me in match so much it isn't even funny. If team has Ana who knows her shit I'm always silver in healing. Even Lucio in healing stance and grouped up team out heals Mercy in total healing done, but that is besides the point.

I would say just focus on getting better at ulitising her healing and healing boosting abilities. Popping nano boost is very situational, some matches give you more good places to use it than others. Something that also comes over time as you start to notice those good moments more naturally.

Edit: I'm on PC

You do know that this is actually really annoying to us actual healers right. Like we run over to heal and you people just won't stop walking so we need to chase you. No wonder we don't get to heal lol.

I guess I can see that. I didn't think about the fact that I'm denying ult charge to healers if I run away and self-heal. But I figure most healers have long-range healing, and somebody extracting themselves also gives Mercy an extra jump target for escape (in theory).

It's also that my biggest problem is that I die a lot. Like before Over buff's site went screwy, my death stats per character was awful - I tend to sacrifice myself a lot more than I should trying to hold points instead of pulling back and regrouping/healing. So I'm forcing myself to get better at staying alive by searching out health packs.

Also if I'm in a group and our group has a healer, I'm obviously going to tell them I need healing if it comes up and be more strategic. It's just too awkward to go for the I need healing button with randoms especially if things are kicking off. I've sat down and ate peanut butter on accident one too many times. :(

Depending what role you are playing it often has nothing to do with being dick to you and all about just not seeing you, especially if you don't call out for medic. If and when I play Mercy and team fight is happening or frontline is just being pushed and they are pushing back I'm very busy with people there, it's very easy to miss teams flankers or odd assault in sidelines. Even then I feel like shit every time someone drops that I maybe could have saved if I had been little faster with my GA stuff.

Still pick up those health packs every time you can, even if healer is near or even sees you. Getting that HP boost from pack makes topping you that much faster allowing healer to refocus to other targets, or even ignore you for few seconds longer while they make sure tank doesn't drop.

Edit: Also what Antiwhippy said. Running away from us or not knowing where we are (usually where team tanks are) is often on you at the end. GA can maybe reach you, but then you pull me far away from others.

When I'm playing Tracer or Reaper or even Winston I feel like it's on me to heal myself or return to the healer, I don't expect them to follow me around. It's when I'm standing on the point as Reinhardt with low HP and the Zenyatta isn't moving his orb from a fully healed McCree next to me that I'm like "well, if you don't feel like healing me, I guess I need to go find a health pack, peace guys."

Antiwhippy

Tbf I've had ana games where I've healed around 1.2k, but that's because that equals to about 2 nanoboosts and 1 Nanoboost was all that is needed to capture a point.

I only run ana on certain phases.

I almost never play Ana on defense; I usually play her on Attack and Zenyatta on defense (mostly because Ana's ult is so attack-oriented and Zenyatta's is so defense-oriented).

I think I just focus on enemies a tad bit too much. I try to stay behind my team and be aware of what they're doing, but I've gotten so good at aiming her gun and sleep dart that sometimes I lose myself and go all granny Rambo. I need to tone that down and just stay back and, you know, be a sniper. I also think I use my grenade to heal myself too much. Need to stop doing that as often.

^^ nah, you should try it, Ana is fantastic on defense. imo, she's almost just as good on defense than on offense.

With nano boost on defense, you just have to have your team be a super aggressive defense to support the nano.

KiraFA37

I just had a game where I got 5 gold medals, I started on Lucio and then switched to attack Torbjorn when I thought the game was going to be hopelossly lost on Gibraltar. Well apparently putting a turret on the payload is something the enemy team couldn't handle that well.

I think I just focus on enemies a tad bit too much. I try to stay behind my team and be aware of what they're doing, but I've gotten so good at aiming her gun and sleep dart that sometimes I lose myself and go all granny Rambo. I need to tone that down and just stay back and, you know, be a sniper. I also think I use my grenade to heal myself too much. Need to stop doing that as often.

^^ nah, you should try it, Ana is fantastic on defense. imo, she's almost just as good on defense than on offense.

Maybe I will!

I need to practice throwing her grenade. The number of times I've tried to throw it down range and end up breaking it over the head of the Reinhardt in front of me is too damn high!

Tovarisc

When I'm playing Tracer or Reaper or even Winston I feel like it's on me to heal myself or return to the healer, I don't expect them to follow me around. It's when I'm standing on the point as Reinhardt with low HP and the Zenyatta isn't moving his orb from a fully healed McCree next to me that I'm like "well, if you don't feel like healing me, I guess I need to go find a health pack, peace guys."

Good thinking for playing flankers or Winston. Those heroes are super pain and dangerous to follow as healer, not even mentioning that they pull healer away from core group. Situation you describe by using Rein as e.g. is totally on healer and him not doing his job well, place for improvement for them.

Antiwhippy

I also run her a lot on games where we only have to capture it once to win and her ult is so good for those, even if I've healed about enough for one Nanoboost.

Maybe i can heal more if i play her on defense.

Also most of the mercies I've gotten recently can't even outheal a zenyetta. I was seriously wtfing getting gold heals as zen when i have a mercy in my team.

Maybe I will!

I need to practice throwing her grenade. The number of times I've tried to throw it down range and end up breaking it over the head of the Reinhardt in front of me is too damn high!
Yeah, I'm still kind of working on learning the trajectory of the grenade. I've gotten the hang of it for the most part, but every once in awhile, I'll throw it a foot too short and it does nothing.

^^ haha, I've had that happen too. I have to double check it to make sure and I just go "wtf is Mercy doing the whole time ;_;"

Tovarisc

Also most of the mercies I've gotten recently can't even outheal a zenyetta. I was seriously wtfing getting gold heals as zen when i have a mercy in my team.

Popping Zen's ult in right situation gives him insane healing done numbers. If you don't get good usage for it and do most healing with just orb then Mercy should out heal you. In general it's somewhat easy to out heal Mercy in total healing done over period of full match. Zen getting good ults, Lucio sitting in team with only healing stance on ever or Ana just spam healing shit out of tanks over and over again.

Antiwhippy

I mean I average about 800 healing done with each transcendence but over the time of building an ult mercy should be doing way more burst healing than zen.

LiK

when i was playing Comp, we faced a premade where a Zen and Mercy were both healing a Rein and that Rein was almost unkillable. Basically destroyed us in a Payload map.

Tovarisc

I mean I average about 800 healing done with each transcendence but over the time of building an ult mercy should be doing way more burst healing than zen.

There is even more variables like how good people are actually staying alive => can Mercy actually heal what needs healing or are they more likely just take bullet to head and RIP. I hate it when people in low HP insist on keeping pushing it and 9 times out of 10 just die because I can't get to them in time or out heal damage they are taking because they won't take cover.

But yeah, in general Mercy should out heal Zen in match if Zen gets "only mediocre" ults without any mind blowing moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom