• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who call for healing and don't notice that the support just died should probably

1) turn on the kill feed
2) pay attention to the damn kill feed

When I was forced to play Zen by two Master randoms and I was in team chat, they were bitching that I wasn't healing them when I just died and was coming back from spawn. How the hell do Masters not even pay attention to that? These solo q bitches need to learn to play like a team.

This definitely irks me. My response is that I usually spam "Group up here!"

It doesn't always work, but I'll get some that back up to line-of-sight. If they don't, that ain't my problem.

---

Regarding healers and health packs, I fully recognize that I'm slowing your ult by taking the health pack and not waiting for you to heal me. But an adequate healer in my experience is about 1 out of 5 games, generously.

4 times out 5, I need to cover my own ass. I always lean on the side of caution until I actively notice a good healer. And good healers are pretty damn noticeable in this game.

"Ohshit!" to "Oh, shit!!!" in the middle of a fight I should've died on gets noticed right away.

Noob here, how the fuck do you prevent roadhogs ult from spraying wildly everywhere?

Pull down the crosshair almost the entire time. It kicks up predominantly.

Noob here, how the fuck do you prevent roadhogs ult from spraying wildly everywhere?

That's how Roadhog Ult works. The idea is you want to pin people against a wall with it because it does a lot of damage up close, but has really bad fall off range. So use it to either push people up against a wall and kill them, or push people off the map.

It works amazing well with Zarya's Ult because the enemy targets can't move, so you can actually out damage a Zenyatta Ult if you get close enough. You can also take a Rein shield down from full pretty quickly with it, and if you push into him or DVa, sometime you can launch them across the entire map.

Thanks, does crouching improve accuracy?

But it does silence your footsteps so the enemy team can't hear you coming.

I played with a dude (PSN) this morning who was on an eliptical machine as he played. Lots of huffing and puffing but dude held down a solid Mei and was calling things out left right & center. I was impressed.

Zarya questions:

1) Do barriers applied pre-match add to the total?
2) What's the pull range of her Ult? Occasionally someone is just outside the range when I was sure they'd be sucked in.

Also does anybody know if Overbuff's "Time Played" stats are off? I played Zarya almost exclusively for the last month but it still has my playtime with her as an hour.

LiK

i'm gonna have to readjust my sensitivity with McCree like I did with Soldier. after i readjusted Soldier, I can destroy guys so much better now. McCree is gonna take some tweaking.

I played with a dude (PSN) this morning who was on an eliptical machine as he played. Lots of huffing and puffing but dude held down a solid Mei and was calling things out left right & center. I was impressed.

Zarya questions:

1) Do barriers applied pre-match add to the total?
2) What's the pull range of her Ult? Occasionally someone is just outside the range when I was sure they'd be sucked in.

Also does anybody know if Overbuff's "Time Played" stats are off? I played Zarya almost exclusively for the last month but it still has my playtime with her as an hour.

Nothing applied pre-match counts towards anything.

The pull range of her Ult is just barely outside the graphical range. It's either an all or nothing thing though. Players wont feel a tug or anything until they get full on sucked in.

Several characters can flat out escape the ult.

Reaper
Tracer
Genji
Mei

Kill feed being off by default was a dumb-as-shit decision.

When I play Zenyatta, I'm often calling out to players to back up so I can heal them. I do this a lot in Comp - "Hey D.va - step back so I can Harmony you." I've found that doing this reminds players that they need to stay in my LOS to keep heals up, and helps instill the idea that healing is a team effort. I definitely get less "fucking Zenyatta can't heal good enough play Mercy you noob" when I'm active on mic.
What? I'm pretty sure the kill feed is on by default?

Nothing applied pre-match counts towards anything.

The pull range of her Ult is just barely outside the graphical range. It's either an all or nothing thing though. Players wont feel a tug or anything until they get full on sucked in.

Several characters can flat out escape the ult.

Reaper
Tracer
Genji
Mei

If Mei walls straight down while inside the ult, she'll push everyone up, but I believe you're still trapped by the gravity, right?

What? I'm pretty sure the kill feed is on by default?

I had to manually enable it (PC).

If Mei walls straight down while inside the ult, she'll push everyone up, but I believe you're still trapped by the gravity, right?

I had to manually enable it (PC).

It depends. If the gravity well hit the bottom of the floor, then I think Mei's wall pushed people out far enough to just walk to walk out of it.

If it hit any sort of elevated surface then I think you're screwed.

adamy

Banned
what sensitivity settings do y'all use on PS4?

having serious issues finding a setting that feels right

currently playing with the default settings doubled (60/30)

LiK

what sensitivity settings do y'all use on PS4?

having serious issues finding a setting that feels right

currently playing with the default settings doubled (60/30)

45/45 for most heroes with a select few that has minor tweaks.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Look, I'm one of the guys saying that she's real strong but I also don't subscribe to the belief that she needs to be nerfed. She just needs more counterplay which would be a nerf, but not one direct to her abilities.

finalflame

I see the Zarya nerf witch hunt continues. Considering nothing has changed about her since launch, it just comes to show you that people will call for nerfs to anything that kills them, since all the attention is on her now that Genji got fixed.

Whenever I see a good Zarya on the enemy team I just get off Zarya myself and play Roadhog. Works pretty well.

finalflame

Are people seriously calling for Zarya needs now? Man this game really needs a new character huh?
People have been for a short while now, basically since Genji got fixed. Countering a good Zarya takes some mild situational awareness and paying attention, so I guess that's too much for some.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like really, zarya is one of the more dynamic and skill based characters in the game. Nerfing her directly would hurt the game a lot imo.

Tovarisc

In general, the game needs another tank buster to supplement Reaper.

Why? Reaper soloing tanks is already quite rare because tanks usually are with their healers and DPS anyways so taking down tanks is team effort. You have Reaper, Zen (discord), Cree, Widow, Mei etc. that provide good burst and tool for managing and killing tanks. People are big on feeding Zarya, but more often than not fail to focus her down even when she is maybe easiest tank to bust when her bubble is on CD.

Why? Reaper soloing tanks is already quite rare because tanks usually are with their healers and DPS anyways so taking down tanks is team effort. You have Reaper, Zen (discord), Cree, Widow, Mei etc. that provide good burst and tool for managing and killing tanks. People are big on feeding Zarya, but more often than not fail to focus her down even when she is maybe easiest tank to bust when her bubble is on CD.

It's not just about Zarya; it's about 3x3 in general.

I loved seeing 3x3 start to gain acceptance as a legitimate strategy, but even though teams are prepared for it, it still keeps winning.

Nazo

I had a really fun idea for Genji skin the other day. Business Man Genji. It would just be pre-cyborg Genji in a suit with a long lose tie that travels behind him. He'd throw business cards instead of shurikens and his swords would be over sized box-cutters.

Also, Mei should have a voice line where she says "Now is the winter of your discontent".

Tovarisc

It's not just about Zarya; it's about 3x3 in general.

I loved seeing 3x3 start to gain acceptance as a legitimate strategy, but even though teams are prepared for it, it still keeps winning.

But should we call for nerfs or buffs or even new heroes just by looking at what prometa is? 3-3 is very rare occurrence in ranked and especially PUG MM so it really isn't "ruining the game" at more casual level. IMO adding extra dedicated tank buster would throw off balance at all levels of play more than help it.

Why you wouldn't run 2 tank busters at any given time because even as such Reaper is also strong general DPS hero? That would severely hinder comps that ran less than 3 or even 4 tanks.

so she'll be fine if she gets touched

everyone who plays zarya that does well never thinks the character has a very strong kit, it's always 'nah bro im just gdlk'

She is strong kit for sure, but also easiest tank to bust. Because lets face it, she is very fragile when her bubble is on CD and has tiny HP pool for a tank. Also slow as hell so you can trap and focus her down.

Auctopus

Zarya requires genuine timing and a half-decent team so she can reach her full potential. Nerfing her would just show Blizzard is taking the game in a pretty boring direction.

Palmer_v1

I kind of want deathballs to go away, personally. Team fights are fun, but there's currently very little reason to flank in higher level play.

Anne

Pretty sure an interview I did with HarryHook and chipshajen should be going up this week. They were really fun to talk to.

Like, Zarya has been in the meta for a while now and people just started calling for nerfs. Yeah, yeah, everyone was focusing on Genji, yeah I don't buy that for a minute. She's been in the meta for a long time and no wanted her nerfed a month or two ago :/

Tovarisc

Like, Zarya has been in the meta for a while now and people just started calling for nerfs. Yeah, yeah, everyone was focusing on Genji, yeah I don't buy that for a minute. She's been in the meta for a long time and no wanted her nerfed a month or two ago :/

Diva's matrix buff made Zarya a lot more common sight at all levels of play => gets a lot more attention from community => a lot more talk about her and more easily gets asked for buffs / nerfs.

so she'll be fine if she gets touched

everyone who plays zarya that does well never thinks the character has a very strong kit, it's always 'nah bro im just gdlk'

Nah, she has a great kit, tbh. But what she needs is something more lateral. 100 charge is too easy to get and maintain in a fight. If you bump up her maximum charge to 125, have that do the same damage 100 charge does now, and distribute her damage accordingly it should work out great for her. Now you have a Zarya who is powerful more of the time, but still does less overall damage. Leading to less of an extreme feast or famine scenario wherein she either does nothing, or can 1v1 all of the cast except for Reaper and Roadhog. A good Zarya can still do great damage this way, but she won't be doing it all just from a single well timed pair of bubbles.

But should we call for nerfs or buffs or even new heroes just by looking at what prometa is? 3-3 is very rare occurrence in ranked and especially PUG MM so it really isn't "ruining the game" at more casual level. IMO adding extra dedicated tank buster would throw off balance at all levels of play more than help it.

Why you wouldn't run 2 tank busters at any given time because even as such Reaper is also strong general DPS hero? That would severely hinder comps that ran less than 3 or even 4 tanks.

On the flip side, why are you opposed to new heroes? How would having a second viable tankbuster be a bad thing when (I would presume) they would be at a disadvantage to ranged DPS?

I'm not advocating nerfs. I just want more options, and I fail to see why that's bad.

On the flip side, why are you opposed to new heroes? How would having a second viable tankbuster be a bad thing when (I would presume) they would be at a disadvantage to ranged DPS?

I'm not advocating nerfs. I just want more options, and I fail to see why that's bad.
Why are you saying there is only one tank buster?

We have Reaper, Roadhog, Bastion, and Zen. We already have 4 tank busters. If Bastion gets the tiny buff that he needs, this game will be fine for tank busters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom