• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotrip

First of all, higher sensitivity than the standard 30. A good Tracer will always be annoying, but she has low HP so try to keep pressure on her. I think the rest will come with experience, being able to predict where she will teleport/recall. Some characters are helpless against her though, if you don't have your team's support.

I'm using 50 (H) and 35 (V). I wonder if I should increase those numbers a little...

Yeah that last point is bloody impossible against an ok to good mei.

Source: Am an ok to good mei.

Talking about Eichenwalde? Yeah, I'm an ok Mei and managed a clutch comp save by switching to her stalling the enemy team at the door for 3-4 minutes nearly single-handedly.

Blues1990

I usually average out between 9,000-15,000 healing per match, but I was surprised with how much healing I have done just now.

wXahHdp.jpg

watching pro matches on Anubis it's almost as if holding the first point is just going through the motions. LOL

It basically is. The spawn advantage is on attack there and then that advantage 180s for the last point.

Symmetra is either not viable in high level or pros are not interested in making her viable.

Didn't see what you're talking about, but that sounds to pretty much just be his style. He's actually a funny guy.

He gave his tip pretty flat toned but then looked at the camera, gave a weird thumbs up, and then camera just lingered for a while until someone (production assistant?) clapped enthusiastically, and then they cut.

It was great.

rugioh

Banned
I'm really really struggling trying to get through QP to level 25 for comp unlock. Are there people on PC willing to group up and play some QP games later today/tonight? Noone makes coherent picks and its hard to learn anything before competitive with the way these games are going.

rugioh#1350

Blues1990

I'm really really struggling trying to get through QP to level 25 for comp unlock. Are there people on PC willing to group up and play some QP games later today/tonight? Noone makes coherent picks and its hard to learn anything before competitive with the way these games are going.

rugioh#1350

I just sent you a friend request. I'm Blues1990#1733.

rugioh#1350

Honestly it's a totally different ecosystem. I wouldn't use QP to practice the Comp meta, but rather to practice characters and aim, etc.

ohkay

Out of curiosity, what are your 3 favorite to play, best, and most played characters in comp?

Fav: Genji, Tracer, Rein
Best: Tracer, Pharah, Lucio
Most played: Zarya, Rein, Lucio

Out of curiosity, what are your 3 favorite to play, best, and most played characters in comp?

Fav: Roadhog, Ana, Genji

Best: Ana, Roadhog, Genji

Most played: Zarya, Ana, Roadhog.

RIP Gengu :p

Favorite: Tracer, Zenyatta, Ana

Best: Tracer, Zarya, McCree

Most played:

QP:
Tracer, Roadhog, Ana

S1:
Tracer, Roadhog, (it was pretty much all those two with a few random picks spread throughout, I totally forget and can't check right now, I would guess Zen or something)

S2:
Tracer, Zen, Zarya

Fav: Winston, Zarya, Pharah
Best: Reaper, Zenyatta, Zarya
Most: Lucio, Zenyatta, Zarya

AKM can use an ult and then just play for like 15 seconds, and then he has ult again. edit: when playing McCree

I wonder if this game will eventually move to allow teams to pick/ban characters the way they do in DOTA. It will need a larger pool of players, probably.

Fav: Tracer, Winston, D.Va
Best: Zenyatta, D.Va, Soldier 76
Most: D.Va, Zenyatta, S76/Reaper split

Looking over some stats, I realize I used to be pretty damn solid with Roadhog. I just stopped playing him completely. I need to bring him back in rotation.

Jellie

PS4
Fave: tracer, zarya and ana
Best: zarya, Lucio and tracer
Most played: Lucio, zarya and tracer
PC
Haven't done comp yet so it'll have to be qp.
Fave: ana, Zen and Winston
Best: zarya, Zen and Winston
Most played: ana, Zen and Winston.

matmanx1

Fav. Zenyatta, Pharah, Tracer
Best: Zenyatta, Lucio, Zarya
Most Played: Lucio, Zenyatta, Zarya

Currently working on Tracer, Winston and D.Va.

antitrop

Looking over some stats, I realize I used to be pretty damn solid with Roadhog. I just stopped playing him completely. I need to bring him back in rotation.
Roadhog was my main in S1. I've played with him in exactly one game in S2.

The hook had plenty of "WTF was that" moments in S1, but in S2 I just don't even bother any more. They fucked it up.

Favorites: Zenyatta, Mei, Roadhog
Best: Zenyatta, Lucio, Ana
Most Played (recently): Zenyatta, Ana, Lucio

If I was better at Mei and Roadhog, I'd play them in comp, but I stick to what I'm competent with to play competitive.

ScribbleD

Fav: Mei, D.va, Roadhog
Most played in comp (this season): Mei, Lucio, Tracer

Skii

Fav: Genji, Tracer, Reaper
Best: Reaper, Genji, Zenyatta
Most played (S2): Reaper, Zarya, Zenyatta.

I basically love DPS lol.

antitrop

Fav: Genji, Tracer, Reaper
Best: Reaper, Genji, Zenyatta
Most played (S2): Reaper, Zarya, Zenyatta.

I basically love DPS lol.

I really only play DPS in QP. I don't trust myself in Competitive, though my Soldier 76 stats from the few times I do whip him out aren't anything to be ashamed of. But then, if I was a better DPS player, I would be playing McCree instead of Soldier. :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Fav: Roadhog, Zarya, Ana

Best: Roadhog, Zarya, Reaper

Most Played: Zarya, Roadhog, Lucio

S1/QP I do really well with Dva but I haven't been playing her at all into all these Zarya's. I'm pretty solid on Winston too, weirdly enough Reinhardt is the tank I just feel really bad with.

My new favorite thing is when I ask people if they can play any other characters and they go "Lol NO" so I switch to another role and play it well enough for the win and tell them to learn how to play more of the game.

Or when I get asked what characters I can play and I list about a dozen of them lol.

I think the only people I have never touched, at all are Ganzo and Henji.

Now playing good enough to stand out outside of counters, I can play about 7-8 heroes that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom