• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would tell people Arcade is good for working on your scatter arrows but given how erratically Tracers, Genjis and Lucios move in it. Not really.

xaosslug

I didn't try it yet, but is Arcade even playable considering that Ana's in the game now?

lol, she's nothing to Mei real talk. Mei can single-handedly win matches in arcade, it's ridiculousness. And you don't even need to be that good w/ her. 250hp extra + reduced cooldown for iceblock make her nearly invincible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
More of an issue than a sleep dart every, what, 2-3 secs?

mei's ult with the buff to its size already charges way too fast. no one has enough burst damage to kill her with her ice block basically on no cd in arcade mode.

if there's a zarya on the team, it's over. this mode should just be locked to mei and zarya only.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
remember sombra
...Transmitiendo información a ómnicos activos... 65.7022%
KU6K3d8.jpg

xaosslug

instead of nerfing Zarya Blizz should just rework how her bubble shield does it's thing in that when bubbling herself or an ally it turns them into an actual ball that can be bounced, etc... >:-D It would add a new element to her play, imo!

Palmer_v1

Eichenwalde just reminded me of something I wish this game had: More interactive maps.

Aside from pits, I kinda wish there were more elements that were hazardous, or moved, or both. On Eichenwalde, for example, I wish the the door getting rammed had a big knockback effect or something.

Walk out of spawn on Anubis as Pharah and insta die to junk nades as soon as I walk out.

-__________________________________-

xD

Good victories all around, we only lost two. Shame about the Eichenwalde game, wasn't expecting to lose that one. Also, it's a pain in the ass finding Sym teleporter in Dorado, especially when I can't have my TV volume loud enough.

And I totally meant to do that enviromental kill with Pharah in Gibraltar >_>... what a lame POTG lol.

Out of curiosity, what are your 3 favorite to play, best, and most played characters in comp?

Fav: Genji, Tracer, Rein
Best: Tracer, Pharah, Lucio
Most played: Zarya, Rein, Lucio

Fav: D.Va, Junkrat, Tracer
Best: Soldier, D.Va, Lucio
Most played: Soldier, D.Va, Reaper

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The closest thing to an Arcade cheese counter I've found is Symmetra but it doesnt work on Zarya.

But when Mei ice blocks since sentries have like zero cd i just slap like 4 turrets on the ground by the time she gets out of the iceblock she's getting instantly melted. The 1 v 1s with Ana are hilarious because I just throw sentrys all over the place while switching to M1 while she's tyring to sleep me so I know that the beams will be hitting her even if I get slept and she'll have to deal with it quickly.

It's juke city. Who knew Symmetra and Ana had hte most juke-heavy 1vs1

Really? When was this the case? I remember Zarya being an absolute monster from the start.

Zarya was secret good at the beginning, since there were other, wildly more broken heroes. Plus, nobody had gotten gud with her; she's probably one of the hardest characters to use really well.

BigDug13

Really? When was this the case? I remember Zarya being an absolute monster from the start.

She wasn't as straight forward as a class like McCree, Soldier, Reaper, Bastion, Reinhardt. She has to use her entire toolkit at the right times to be effective as they all play off each other.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Winston definitely got called useless. I never saw Zarya get called useless.

There were articles about Zarya being 'sleeper OP' since launch

Out of curiosity, what are your 3 favorite to play, best, and most played characters in comp?

Fav: D.Va, Zenyatta, Reinhardt
Best: D.Va, Lucio, Zenyatta
Most Played: D.Va, Reinhardt, Lucio

Fav: Pharah, Ana, Widowmaker

Best: Pharah, Ana, Lucio

Most played:
QP: Pharah, Ana, Dva
Comp: Lucio, Ana, Zarya

mshlive

Is there many Xbox Players in here?

I play with two friends and we're looking for some others to play with because there is only so much I can take of no comms or bad picks!

I'd like to think we're all pretty decent, range from the 2500 to 3100 SR Rank, but the main thing is we're just looking for some cool people to play with that also don't like losing ;)

GT: Expozee

We can all play quite a wide variety of characters but generally one supp, one tank and one DPS is how we roll.

Oh and might be worth mentioning we're from the UK and generally play in the evenings.

Add me if you're interested.

First time playing Pharah in months and I got Death From Above.

I forgot how hard I can carry on her sometimes.

Pharah was my main for quite a while when the game came out, but as of late I mostly transitioned to Soldier and Zenyatta. But I picked Pharah mid-match today due to the situation and I started wrecking faces with her immediately.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
laggy servers.... ddos attack again?

lol now we all got kicked and the match restarted on another map.

xD

Good victories all around, we only lost two. Shame about the Eichenwalde game, wasn't expecting to lose that one. Also, it's a pain in the ass finding Sym teleporter in Dorado, especially when I can't have my TV volume loud enough.

And I totally meant to do that enviromental kill with Pharah in Gibraltar >_>... what a lame POTG lol.
Haha, yeah, that match was pretty fast, not much that could've happened lol. But yeah, good games in there!
I mean lucio is still close to a 100% pick.
Doesn't mean he's OP.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm starting to really love Roadhog.

Hooking people is so damn satisfying.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haha, yeah, that match was pretty fast, not much that could've happened lol. But yeah, good games in there!

Doesn't mean he's OP.

Like, what's your definition of OP honestly? You don't seem to think anything is.

Unless you think OW is perfectly balanced, if so ehhhhhhhhhh.

finalflame

Like, what's your definition of OP honestly? You don't seem to think anything is.

Seems you think everything is OP. OP is when a character has absolutely no answer to them whatsoever, and are so powerful that they are unreasonably hard to play against, at any/most skill levels. See Widow before her scope/ult charge/callout was nerfed.

Most of OW's characters have great utility when played well, and some, like Lucio, Zarya, and Reinhardt have extreme utility due to their kits. Doesn't mean they need to be nerfed; every single hero in the game will never be on an even playing field. Blizzard can make tweaks just to keep the meta changing over time, but the game will never be perfectly balanced unless every single hero is identical, especially because balanced is highly subjective and there is no absolute measure of balance. Pick rate certainly isn't one of them.

Lol no I don't think it's perfectly balanced. Look at half the defense heroes and Symm.

Also, what's wrong with not thinking anything is OP? Is that a bad thing. Sorry that I don't have the mentality that this thread title points to.

OP is something that is obviously broken and there's nothing in this game that's like that. And generally if everyone agrees something's OP, like McCree FTH for example, then yeah, it's probably OP. Like, the whole Zarya thing is half and half. Some people think she's OP, others don't.

I'm ok with the Ana nerf because I get a grenade buff for it and that's more important imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom