• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tanks are actually a problem for me right now. If I need to be a tank and we already have a Zarya I really don't know what to do. Roadhog isn't reliable these days, I never really practiced any of the others. I'm sure I could play a decent Rein if I tried, but I never try. I'd love to get good with Winston but I'm pretty ass with him aside from a few good QP games. Why did Blizzard have to kill the Hog? :(

And I'm not sure how you guys are getting stuck with roles you don't want. Are you waiting for everyone else to make their pick before you make yours? If you give people a choice most will just pick their favorite DPS. If you are picking DPS first and they still all go DPS then it's your choice if you want to switch, it's not like you have too.

Nimby

Banned
Tanks are actually a problem for me right now. If I need to be a tank and we already have a Zarya I really don't know what to do. Roadhog isn't reliable these days, I never really practiced any of the others. I'm sure I could play a decent Rein if I tried, but I never try. I'd love to get good with Winston but I'm pretty ass with him aside from a few good QP games. Why did Blizzard have to kill the Hog? :(

Roadhog is still good/usable. I assume you're talking about his hook nowadays?

Roadhog is actually still really good Vault. He's slowly becoming my main again. Yeah there's a few more glitches, but they don't happen very often ATM.

And I'm not sure how you guys are getting stuck with roles you don't want. Are you waiting for everyone else to make their pick before you make yours? If you give people a choice most will just pick their favorite DPS. If you are picking DPS first and they still all go DPS then it's your choice if you want to switch, it's not like you have too.

D.Va matches up with Zarya pretty well (especially when comboing ults), and is fun to play as a hybrid Tank/DPS. Her shield can save your team's butt, and she's perfect for bubble-charging Zarya. Plus she's adaptable to most team make-ups I see.

Greddleok

I'm learning to play all the tanks :) although I don't really consider Roadhog much of a tank, he's more like a beefy DPS (so I'm not touching him). I usually pick Zarya, D.Va then Rein. If it's a KOTH I'll pick Winston over Rein.
I'm also a shitty Rein, I'm just not sure what to do with him. I never know how to indicate to people that now is the time push. My shield is 80%, we're good, let's just go!
I also don't know how to deal with flankers yet. I've played against some good Reins who just never seem to die, and can take down flankers with ease, but I just can't seem to get it right.

I used to wait for everyone to pick, but now I just immediately grab Zarya. There are games however, where people are too stubborn to swap when they see we have no healers. So after one or two failed pushes, I ditch Zarya or D.Va and play Lucio or Mercy instead. It's probably because I'm still in the 26XX-27XX zone. Still get those who don't understand team comps. Those games always end up as a loss though.

If the enemy teams tanks are dominating then I just switch to reaper and show them who is boss.
I will forever be muttering "Fuck Reaper" under my breath.

Roadhog is actually still really good Vault. He's slowly becoming my main again. Yeah there's a few more glitches, but they don't happen very often ATM.

Could be that I've gotten worse, and I think some of my bullshit hooks yesterday were lag because I was having much more success later on in QP. But I'm just not as effective anymore, I seem to just get focused down instantly. I only used him on one KOTH match for competitive and was really mediocre so I guess I should try again on Payload/Assault but something definitely feels off whether it's me or the character. Learning Rein would probably be more beneficial anyway. Good to know that he's still good though, and the problem probably lies with me.

I wish they would add contextual emote lines on top of the current group up, need healing etc.

a "i'm being attacked" would be great for healers and being able to communicate stuff like reinhardt's shield about to break would be great.

I know it has obvious visual cues and I think he even says "can't hold much longer" or something like that but it's surprising how few people take note. it would also allow people playing rein to give nearby teammates a chance to get behind something before it shatters

I'd like a line that could indicate that flankers are near my position, nothing like seeing a reaper skulking around as support and knowing that everyone else is unaware

Greddleok

I'd like a line that could indicate that flankers are near my position, nothing like seeing a reaper skulking around as support and knowing that everyone else is unaware

If I see a reaper teleport, I just start shooting at that place. Occasionally someone thinks "HMM!! Why is Mercy shooting there? Must be something happening!"

matmanx1

I recently got the El Blanco skin for Reaper (first legendary for Reaps but had to buy it :/) and his voice line for it is hilarious. It makes Reaper 10x better and I was already a massive fan.

I use this skin with the "It's in the refrigerator" voice line and the "slow clap" emote. It is hilarious.

Why is genji allowed ult refund to 100% but mccree who has the worst ult in the game gets nothing

Pharah's ult is worse, easily.

hymzi Kreygasm

Hymzi is ridiculous on Roadhog.

antitrop

Same dude that wouldnt switch off Genji says his ult is ready. I earthshatter 4 of the enemy team. This is with our shitty fucking comp because xxReaperxx and GenjiBoi69 wont switch off when they aren't getting shit done.

Genji ults. Deosn't go after the ulted Mercy who has rez, doesn't go after the Lucio who has ult. Goes after the fucking Roadhog. Lucio ults, no one dies from my perfect earthshatter. Only seconds later, the enemy team has a Bastion on King's Row. Not once did the Reaper or Genji go around to kill the Bastion. We would have won if either of them either switched to Pharah and dealt with the Bastion or learned how to play their 'main'.

Sounds like how I play Genji.

Good thing I only play Genji in QP.

antitrop

HuK was a fan favorite in StarCraft II, but only because he was one of the few North American players good enough to make it to the highest level of play in Korea, not because of his personality. As a caster in Overwatch, his personality is now all he has.

Ugh. These casters are so bad.

"OH MY GOD LOOK AT HOW AWESOME THAT PLAY WAS!!!"

Kill feed shows the other team dominating.

"Well, somehow it didn't work out, but man think how awesome that could have been."

Cotrip

I'm having difficulties trying to deal with good Tracers lately. What's the best way to counter her? She can be so annoying on PS4 (since it's harder to follow her with a controller).

xaosslug

rule no. 1 of playing OW competitive: never give up! T__T

we got ROTFL-stomped while on Numbani defense (enemy team made it to end w/ 4 minutes to spare...) but on attack we stomped back: made it to the end w/ 3 minutes to spare + we had an attack Torb + only Zenny for heals (they had Lucio + Mercy, omg!)! Then on attack again we got it almost to the end, and on defense we stopped the enemy team from reaching our end-marker for a winnnnn! :'''D

it was an amazing victory. Nobody was on mic, and on that last defensive switch the enemy team ran Hog instead of Rein (who was arguably the biggest problem for our team, imo), Hanzo instead of Tracer, and Pharah instead of Mercy.

thank gawd they switched out their Rein, and their Zarya & Mei were terrible. LOL

it's matches like that make me wish I had a mic to give props to the rest of the team, especially our attack Torb! <3

Blues1990

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an4KjBR_Z_g

Have we seen this yet? Not very interesting to listen to 102 voice lines. But you would assume that more content would come with each of those events.

If you're lazy:
-Oktoberfest
-Halloween
-Christmas
-New Years

"It's a me, Lucio!"

"Football? Phhhh! That's too slow!"

Lucio is officially my new spirit animal. He knows street hockey is where it's at! Also, I love the Metroid reference with Pharah questioning about "morphing into a ball."

I'm having difficulties trying to deal with good Tracers lately. What's the best way to counter her? She can be so annoying on PS4 (since it's harder to follow her with a controller).

First of all, higher sensitivity than the standard 30. A good Tracer will always be annoying, but she has low HP so try to keep pressure on her. I think the rest will come with experience, being able to predict where she will teleport/recall. Some characters are helpless against her though, if you don't have your team's support.

I do love seeing that the meta is actually quite healthy at the moment.

Ana is probably the only hero who presents a "problem" right now, and they're actively working to address her, which is great.

EDIT: Nana play of the match on stream! It's possible!

NiP subbed out the 3rd healer in the 3/3 for a Mei.

Damn, man.

Coincidentally, over lunch, I had a killer round with Mei. Headshots on Tracers and Reapers with the icicle, contesting points with alternating ice blocks, that kind of thing.

But overall, I really suck with her. I need more playtime. I like her more than Genji, though. So there's that.

Blues1990

Nintendo skins confirmed.

Gimme DK Winston

You do bring up an interesting point for an NX port of Overwatch, though I'm unsure about Blizzard's history with Nintendo and if they are willing to make a port of the game for Nintendo consoles.

And, yea, I want a Samus Aran-themed skin for Pharah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom