• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't people ever acknowledge that D.va is the only character in the game that has to die twice before she really dies? Getting a second life is amazing. She isn't just 400/200, she's 400/200 + a second character at 150. Plus she can fly and go invincible at will.
Shes still p much dead straight away after unless shes was taken out of mech from a distance.

Plus at higher levels of play and coordination stalling mini dva death is a legit strat and can cause bad split spawns
https://clips.twitch.tv/ognglobal/KindFlamingoWTRuck

Demetrius

Neo Member
Can anyone tell me the counter to Pharamercy on console? It seems like these two are in every game I play. I'm a high master Mccree main with 55%+ accuracy most games and I still can't deal with Pharahmercy consistently.

The buffs to Pharah should've stayed on PC only, not consoles.

AbaFadi

Banned
Shes still p much dead straight away after unless shes was taken out of mech from a distance.

Plus at higher levels of play and coordination stalling mini dva death is a legit strat and can cause bad split spawns
https://clips.twitch.tv/ognglobal/KindFlamingoWTRuck

Yeah, if a fight is ending and D.Va is the last one standing, people in masters/gm will take her out of mech and leave her. She either has to commit suicide to get mech back, or get it back in the next fight. Either way, it wastes a lot of time on the clock.

Can anyone tell me the counter to Pharamercy on console? It seems like these two are in every game I play. I'm a high master Mccree main with 55%+ accuracy most games and I still can't deal with Pharahmercy consistently.

I would probably run a Zen, Soldier, and McCree at that point. Pharmercy is pretty dominant on console and an easy way to climb. Nobody can really counter it unless you have really good aim. I'm in top 500 on ps4 and I see it win so many games.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Gotta have more than 1 person working on them, preferably kill mercy first. Maybe get a zen to help woth discord.

Grief.exe

Yeah, if a fight is ending and D.Va is the last one standing, people in masters/gm will take her out of mech and leave her. She either has to commit suicide to get mech back, or get it back in the next fight. Either way, it wastes a lot of time on the clock.

Interesting. If she does damage to you to try to get her mech back, then she is feeding support ults while also giving the team a chance to further stagger her usefulness for the next fight.

I would probably run a Zen, Soldier, and McCree at that point. Pharmercy is pretty dominant on console and an easy way to climb. Nobody can really counter it unless you have really good aim. I'm in top 500 on ps4 and I see it win so many games.

Ana is a good counter too since she can wipe out a good portion of her health in one shot, regardless of location.

Though Ana might be terrible on console without mouse aim.

I main DVa and did it last night as well. POTG 2 out of 5 times.

He's not wrong. I hardly die immediately after going Mechless. Her pistol is more powerful than the Mech and it doesn't take me long to call another Mech. Sometimes I will stay out of of it a few more seconds if I'm dealing tons of damage.

I either die immediately as naked D.va or I'm able to retreat far enough to build charge. Unless needed right away to tank/flank I'll stay suit less and treat it as a get out of jail card when I'm in immediate danger. Meka D.va also has a pretty big hit box and will draw a lot of fire. However so far I don't think the nerf has changed her for me.

I know I'm in the vocal minority but the only time I ever thought D.va was completely OP is when you can stack her. Same with Zarya. IMO the game was never balanced with stacking and I'm still surprised Quick Play launched like that.

I know I'm in the vocal minority but the only time I ever thought D.va was completely OP is when you can stack her. Same with Zarya. IMO the game was never balanced with stacking and I'm still surprised Quick Play launched like that.

I completely agree with this

I think blizzard only launched the game in that state because they wanted to make sure players could always pick who they want, when they want.

TheFuzz

I completely agree with this

I think blizzard only launched the game in that state because they wanted to make sure players could always pick who they want, when they want.

Agreed. She's not as powerful but some in this thread made it sound like she was a sitting duck or useless. Far from my experience.

Was accused of being a troll because I wanted to go Reaper in comp lol.

Lol I haven't played comp in weeks and this is actually one of the reasons why. The main reason is because it's become so toxic and people need to freaking chill out. You'd think their SR was going to affect their paycheck or something. Taking the game waaaaay to seriously. A lot of people think comp should only consist of rein, Ana, Lucio, soldier, mcree, zarya/roadhog. It's absurd.

Demetrius

Neo Member
Gotta have more than 1 person working on them, preferably kill mercy first. Maybe get a zen to help woth discord.

Try killing a flying Mercy with garbage fall-off damage bullets while getting rocketed to the face. It is hard on console even with a zen orb.

I thought Blizzard was gonna balance the game separately from PC, guess not. High elo Pharamercy on console is pure aids.

LiK

Try Zen and Soldier combo. Take out Mercy first.

I wish there could be two comp leagues. One for the try-hards and one for chill people. I think I would like comp more to play with other people who take the game a little more seriously (and don't just stand in front of the door on Anubis point B over and over again in front of Torb's turret, Bastion and Junkrat) but I'm turned off by someone being overly critical before the match has even started and seeing how that person performs. And in the end it's just a game. I doubt the people I would be playing with are counting on this as a career.

Was accused of being a troll because I wanted to go Reaper in comp lol.

Lol I haven't played comp in weeks and this is actually one of the reasons why. The main reason is because it's become so toxic and people need to freaking chill out. You'd think their SR was going to affect their paycheck or something. Taking the game waaaaay to seriously. A lot of people think comp should only consist of rein, Ana, Lucio, soldier, mcree, zarya/roadhog. It's absurd.

I wish there could be two comp leagues. One for the try-hards and one for chill people. I think I would like comp more to play with other people who take the game a little more seriously (and don't just stand in front of the door on Anubis point B over and over again in front of Torb's turret, Bastion and Junkrat) but I'm turned off by someone being overly critical before the match has even started and seeing how that person performs. And in the end it's just a game. I doubt the people I would be playing with are counting on this as a career.

I just hit Level 25 yesterday. Kinda worried about trying comp now. I enjoy the game, I'm decent at it, but I'm not a super serious player of it.

Quick play

I get what you're saying, but then you've got people who enter comp trying to coach others when they just aren't that good, and that's when you get the salt and toxicity.

Comp is usually fine if the team acknowledges when they're not playing well or getting countered and plays off it. It's when people are stubborn or don't realize why they're losing that it becomes a mess.

I've had stomps with attack Torb and Bastion because those people played well. I'd rather a competent Sombra than an incompetent Rein who acts like because he's playing Rein that means he gets to judge the performance of others.

The number one thing that bugs me is passive aggressive stacks and supports. Like if you feel you need to play DPS then let me know, but good lord if you end up doing worse than me on DPS round two you can hold that L.

Games where I get outplayed I can't be mad at, games we lose because people aren't willing to play as a team or are just plain bad astound me.

Like last night our Hanzo saved his ult all game and during overtime threw it across the payload to the side instead of parallel to the payload to clear a path.

He hit absolutely nothing and I just laughed.

SoldnerKei

10 lootboxes so far, Symmetra, Junkrat, Mei and Winston have their festive skin, I need D.va's and Mercy's intro!

CTF is fun, yet weird, I have seen people playing it either super defensive or super aggressive, got steam rolled more than once in the latter.

Quick play

QP can be too casual sometimes.

Granted I'm "only" level 52 (started on PS4, switched to PC in November, parent/job so limited time to play) but I read and think a lot about strategy so it's a little frustrating to get matched on a team with a 4 pack not in group chat who make simple mistakes over and over again and don't switch heroes or tactics when it's not working for us.

To be fair I haven't played a lot of comp because I was waiting to level up so people might trust me a little more so maybe I'll do it and hardly see the vitriol others report and everything will be rosey.

However even now I still get put on teams where I'm the highest player and we have multiple level 10's and the other team is two 3-packs with multiple people in the multiple 100's it's a little disheartening. Sometimes we give them hell though!
I'm hardly a master player but sometimes calling out flanks and thinking a little instead of running straight on can turn tide to make up for lack of pure skill.

LiK

I don't wanna judge but I was playing with some nonGaffers in a group and 3 of them kept choosing heroes to defend so we only had 3 guys go for flag and it was a struggle. You only need 2 heroes max to defend unless the entire team dives in.

antitrop

I like how you can combine voice lines with the new patch. I was getting a kick out of Roadhog's "Say bacon one more time... you chicken" last night.

Skii

You getting close to diamond yet?

Nah, it was one of those no movement days. I think if I could play Reaper I'd climb but my team always goes for a throw comp if I go DPS so I'm stuck going Reinhardt/healer :(

I just hit Level 25 yesterday. Kinda worried about trying comp now. I enjoy the game, I'm decent at it, but I'm not a super serious player of it.

Well if you're on PC, you're a lot more open to silly things like that but I wouldn't let it bother you. Just go with the heroes you are good with at the moment and once you're actually familiar with the game, then start playing the meta heroes and filling roles in your team.

Well your win/loss ratio isn't very good. But I don't think Mercry is a very good carry hero anyway.

Maybe not carry, but push my team to win a little more. Mercy is my favorite character followed by Lucio. But with both of them I feel like I'm stuck dealing with RNG, hoping I'll get on a team that won't bomb. Hence the 50% win rate.

Jellie

Maybe not carry, but push my team to win a little more. Mercy is my favorite character followed by Lucio. But with both of them I feel like I'm stuck dealing with RNG, hoping I'll get on a team that won't bomb. Hence the 50% win rate.

That winrate is fine. Overbuff counts draws as losses too.

LiK

Win/Loss means jackshit in this game unless you play with the same people all the time. If you solo queue often, you'll get leavers and people who can't play and people who troll. It's unpredictable.

rulerk1

I don't wanna judge but I was playing with some nonGaffers in a group and 3 of them kept choosing heroes to defend so we only had 3 guys go for flag and it was a struggle. You only need 2 heroes max to defend unless the entire team dives in.

the first CTF match i had our D.va and Rein stood at the flag to defend despite me saying group up. I was seriously the only one who went for the thing (pharah). You can imagine how that went

antitrop

Looks like you battle Mercy a lot. Yeah, surprising amount of damage and all that, but I don't find it to be all that effective, do you? I don't pull out my pistol that often and almost 100% focus on healing, assists, and rez's.

Your deaths aren't too high, which is good that you're not just running in and dying like that, but your rez's and overall healing are a little low. I'm impressed that your healing and assists are as high as they are for how much battle Mercy you do, though, so that's pretty good. You're definitely at least always doing something, which makes you better than the lazy Mercies.

ujoiDCn.png

DevilDog

How does that translate to sponsored by gay money? Lol

Was probably me. Sorry! Missed the answer.

Oh, remember when Blizzard put out that comic showing tracer being gay? Bioware forums were upset about it, and a serious/joke post said ''I want a refund now Blizzard'' and someone responded with "Too late, your money is gay now"

Win/Loss means jackshit in this game unless you play with the same people all the time. If you solo queue often, you'll get leavers and people who can't play and people who troll. It's unpredictable.
I don't really agree. And I'm way down in win percentage this season from well above 50% to like 46%.

You are the only constant in all of your games. Sometimes you get screwed, sometimes you get lucky.

antitrop

I don't really agree. And I'm way down in win percentage this season from well above 50% to like 46%.

You are the only constant in all of your games. Sometimes you get screwed, sometimes you get lucky.

Yeah, my win rate in comp this season is 46%, as well. It's been a bad season for me, but I haven't really put in a lot of time. I've played considerably less Competitive as each season has gone on: 150 hours in S1, 100 hours in S2, and just barely 20 hours in S3.

I just have more fun playing QP now.

I should be.

CTF seriously favors communicative teams, and they're fairly quick games. Could be a good place to grind out weeklies.

I won my first CTF game in like 3 minutes as Torb.

Basically I ran around shooting and giving people armor while my turret was far back enough that you'd have to dive to get to It and you couldn't take flag with it there.

AngryMoth

Wish there was a "don't put this person on my team again" button. Same guy 2 games in a row playing widow on attack and defence, doing absolutely nothing. Asked politely for him to consider switching then just pulled my mic out in the end cos it was too frustrating. How can people be so oblivious that they are throwing the game.

Jellie

Kinda depends on the amount of games you play. It kinda evens itself out. The enemy team has more chance of having a troll since if you aren't one you got 5 chances while they have 6 chances.

Yeah, my win rate in comp this season is 46%, as well. It's been a bad season for me, but I haven't really put in a lot of time. I've played considerably less Competitive as each season has gone on: 150 hours in S1, 100 hours in S2, and just barely 20 hours in S3.

I still play a lot, this meta just doesn't suit me as well. I don't feel like I'm playing as well and the win % bears that out.

The only thing this season has taught me is that going on one huge winning streak (S3) is a way better way to get to master than being very consistently good with a high winning percentage (S2). But the ladder makes for a much more fun season overall.

LiK

Kinda depends on the amount of games you play. It kinda evens itself out. The enemy team has more chance of having a troll since if you aren't one you got 5 chances while they have 6 chances.

See? Unpredictable :p

Also, I gave up on Comp. Got Diamond and I'm pretty much done. Arcade and QP is just plain fun. I play for PotGs now. I'll be willing to play Comp if Gaffers need me. *coughVaultcough*

Well if you're on PC, you're a lot more open to silly things like that but I wouldn't let it bother you. Just go with the heroes you are good with at the moment and once you're actually familiar with the game, then start playing the meta heroes and filling roles in your team.

I'm on Xbox One. Do we have many Gaffers playing Overwatch on Xbox? If so, feel free to add me, same Xbox Gamertag as GAF Username: TangoAlphaLima.

Well, we can do QP or Arcade too. I'm just playing for loot boxes tbh. Send me an invite when you see me on when i'm not in a group.
Well I still like to play comp. but ask any of our PS4 brethren. I'm toxic this season.

I'm going down, and bringing anyone foolish enough to join down with me.

Jellie

See? Unpredictable :p

Also, I gave up on Comp. Got Diamond and I'm pretty much done. Arcade and QP is just plain fun. I play for PotGs now. I'll be willing to play Comp if Gaffers need me. *coughVaultcough*

It evens out over time. If you play enough games then you should get an accurate rank.
Season 1 I had 59% win rate over 82 games with Lucio, 90% solo queued and almost made top 500 which I think was a fair reflection over the season.
Season 2 61% win rate with Zarya over 56 games. 90% solo queued and just missed out on top 500 by 6 people. Again I felt it was accurate.

Moved to PC midway through season 2 so don't know if I would have climbed more or not but I sucked on PC.
Season 2 I had 101 games with Ana and 51% win ratio ending in platinum. I can't say that my losses were down to my teammates leaving or anything. Over 100 games I was average with her and that was reflected in an average win ratio.

Haven't played too much this season so I can't really say if I've got better or not but I've played 38 games with Ana with a 61% win ratio. Mostly solo with a few games of duo/trio queuing with Skii and Caeser. It may be that I got better with Ana or maybe I got lucky. Who knows but if I play more games I can't really complain that it wasn't accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom