• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause if a player is good and isn't distracted mechless D.Va maybe has two seconds to live.

Shes still p much dead straight away after unless shes was taken out of mech from a distance.

Plus at higher levels of play and coordination stalling mini dva death is a legit strat and can cause bad split spawns
https://clips.twitch.tv/ognglobal/KindFlamingoWTRuck
Fair enough, it has pros and cons!

I think a fair D.va buff is for her matrix to block Roadhog's hook. Then it will be like the Reinhardt matchup where mindgames are involved, and she can potentially protect friendlies from getting hooked as well.

Was accused of being a troll because I wanted to go Reaper in comp lol.
I picked Widowmaker and one of my teammates begged for a good 4 chat lines for me not to pick her. Then I got gold medal for elims. :-D

I actually really like Widowmaker as an anti-tank pick at the low levels of play I'm in.

Looks like you battle Mercy a lot. Yeah, surprising amount of damage and all that, but I don't find it to be all that effective, do you? I don't pull out my pistol that often and almost 100% focus on healing, assists, and rez's.

Your deaths aren't too high, which is good that you're not just running in and dying like that, but your rez's and overall healing are a little low. I'm impressed that your healing and assists are as high as they are for how much battle Mercy you do, though, so that's pretty good. You're definitely at least always doing something, which makes you better than the lazy Mercies.

ujoiDCn.png

The gun is surprisingly effective. It can help widdle down a Rein shield, out DPS a healing Roadhog, and I'm pretty handy with it against people trying to push on me. With that said I will almost never shoot if I can heal someone instead. Which is why my assists aren't bad. I'll stop shooting if that's fucking things up though, lol. My average healing is getting higher lately, but that's mostly because I've been in longer matches and sometimes get teams that aren't putting themselves in situations where they're bursted in an instant. But yeah, it's hard to get high heals if matches are frequently decided by the first/mid point.

I do need work on Rezes though. My teams are constantly dying staggered and I'm constantly wondering if I should rez a single person or hold it. Frequently leaving me to keep it in my pocket for when we're ulted.

antitrop

I do need work on Rezes though. My teams are constantly dying staggered and I'm constantly wondering if I should rez a single person or hold it. Frequently leaving me to keep it in my pocket for when we're ulted.
I go for small rez's if its Tanks or your co-support, not if it's DPS.

Doing a 2x rez just on DPS or whatever will just lead to them getting destroyed half a second after rezzing.

Jellie

The gun is surprisingly effective. It can help widdle down a Rein shield, out DPS a healing Roadhog, and I'm pretty handy with it against people trying to push on me. With that said I will almost never shoot if I can heal someone instead. Which is why my assists aren't bad. I'll stop shooting if that's fucking things up though, lol. My average healing is getting higher lately, but that's mostly because I've been in longer matches and sometimes get teams that aren't putting themselves in situations where they're bursted in an instant. But yeah, it's hard to get high heals if matches are frequently decided by the first/mid point.

This might help you?
Go to 3 mins 5 seconds if the link doesn't do it itself. He talks about respawning your team faster for a push vs using it in a team fight.

I played with Owzers in QP/Arcade multiple times this week already. Join us and relax. Screw Comp.
We were all QP in a six stack yesterday and it was fun. I got POTG every single time I played Tracer.

But I enjoy the highs in comp more. And I'm obviously being hyperbolic, I've been known to exclaim rather loudly at crucial times, but hopefully our group knows that I'm just loud and not actually a huge ass. And they keep inviting me to their groups, so it can't be all bad. And it's worth Owzers playing Mercy just so I can give him crap. I don't think our group cares so much about losing anymore because it's happened so often, we just like to have a good time, and for the most part that happens.

And the synergy is definitely improving, me and NDF had two pretty successful days queuing together.

I actually haven't played comp since the update, I've got the itch.

Skidd

Who else here is bummed that they can't play Overwatch because the darn thing just started crashing (along with your whole PC) the instant you reach the title screen after the Year of the Rooster update went live?

I sure am! v_v

LiK

We were all QP in a six stack yesterday and it was fun. I got POTG every single time I played Tracer.

But I enjoy the highs in comp more. And I'm obviously being hyperbolic, I've been known to exclaim rather loudly at crucial times, but hopefully our group knows that I'm just loud and not actually a huge ass. And they keep inviting me to their groups, so it can't be all bad. And it's worth Owzers playing Mercy just so I can give him crap. I don't think our group cares so much about losing anymore because it's happened so often, we just like to have a good time, and for the most part that happens.

And the synergy is definitely improving, me and NDF had two pretty successful days queuing together.

I actually haven't played comp since the update, I've got the itch.

I saw and I couldn't get a Join Group thing and I messaged Owzers to invite but he ignored me. I guess it lets me join game when it's a full group anyway. I'll be on tonight for more QP and Arcade.

antitrop

Looks like the same bug that affects Mercy's Guardian Angel in KOTH maps after the first round also affects Ana's and Widowmaker's scoped sensitivities. Weird bug.

I saw and I couldn't get a Join Group thing and I messaged Owzers to invite but he ignored me. I guess it lets me join game when it's a full group anyway. I'll be on tonight for more QP and Arcade.
Yea you can join game but not group when it's full. Lots of peeps playing since the update so it's basically first come first serve.

I just want Diamond, is all. Playing my heart out every game and being asked to play what I'm not good at is starting to bother me though.

Seeing 4-5 diamond rank icons in each of my games yet they're the same SR I am is like Blizzard slapping me in the face.

"Oh sure those guys made it but you never will. Heck they're not even Diamond anymore but sure we'll throw them at you like a river of bodies for you to trip over and make you wonder what they did different that you aren't doing."

Odds are it's I just don't play enough but I already devote hours a week to this game.

antitrop

what's the bug

After the first round of a KOTH game, Mercy's Guardian Angel will automatically cancel itself after activating it, so she can't fly anywhere. Ana and Widowmaker's scoped sensitivities will feel way lower than what they're supposed to be set at.

Can be fixed by resetting the options or just waiting until the next game, where it will go back to normal automatically.

After the first round of a KOTH game, Mercy's Guardian Angel will automatically cancel itself after activating it, so she can't fly anywhere. Ana and Widowmaker's scoped sensitivities will feel way lower than what they're supposed to be set at.

Can be fixed by resetting the options or just waiting until the next game, where it will go back to normal automatically.

that's as weird as one of those league bugs where using an ultimate through someone's ability gave you crazy amounts of gold.

antitrop

New Mercy highlight intro is top, I was lucky to get a few chances to show it off yesterday. Finally something to replace the Battle Angel highlight, because I don't like her other ones.

LiK

Not gonna lie, but people are much smarter about using D.va Ults. I almost always get caught int he blast cuz I have no where to hide lol

Xeteh

Okay Roadhog might be a bit strong. Playing him in 3v3 and my teammates died so it was me vs Zarya + Mercy. Now granted if they just ran me down I would have died, they played too cautious. I killed Zarya, she got res'd then when my ult came back up I managed to kill her again and then get Mercy. Mercy was standing in the back and every time I managed to hook her she'd get shielded, so getting her wasn't really an option.

Oh well, it worked out.

Fugu

I like Oversumo because it basically just tells me I'm the best and deserve to be in Grandmaster.

Looks like the same bug that affects Mercy's Guardian Angel in KOTH maps after the first round also affects Ana's and Widowmaker's scoped sensitivities. Weird bug.
It affects any toggleable option on the character control screen. I just played a game as Pharah where the allied health bars turned off after the first round.

what's the bug
The bug is that on KotH maps character-specific overrides will be read incorrectly or ignored altogether after the first round. One of the most immediately noticeable consequences of this bug (which I posted about a few pages up) is that it makes guardian angel completely useless because instead of flying into your target you'll just fly immediately into the ground as you're now supposed to hold shift instead of tapping it.

The way to fix it is to go into the character controls screen and cycle whatever option is broken. It will look correct, though, so you need to change it to the undesired setting and then back to the desired setting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Charging enemy ults isn't really a fair downside compared to 'i can instantly delete over 5/6 of the roster in this game on a 6 second cooldown'

esp with the ult charge rate nerf

The bug seems to be affecting character-specific options overall. Had the same with Lucio's toggle/hold crossfade.

Blues1990

For those who want to use the new Snowball or Mei sprays from the Lunar event, here they are as avatars. Get them while they're hot!

XlQLCWj.png

7F0i57J.png

komaruR

Can anyone tell me the counter to Pharamercy on console? It seems like these two are in every game I play. I'm a high master Mccree main with 55%+ accuracy most games and I still can't deal with Pharahmercy consistently.

The buffs to Pharah should've stayed on PC only, not consoles.

thats why ever since the pharah patch, I stop using mccree to counter her. (prepatch mccree outdmg soldier vs pharah since she flys lower within the good dmg range) its not like mccree got nerf but instead pharah got a height boost that makes that dmg drop off so much pitiful. the minimal dmg from rocket makes pharah easily 2-3(mostly 2 shot) shot you while you get barely any evasive ability as mccree. With the buff to soldier, solider is the best recommended 1v1 hero against pharah now. He can survive 3 shots with the heal and really run away if health is low to fight a 1v1 encounter.
This is from console perspective since good pc mccree can effectively headshot pharah out of the air quick.

As for pharmercy, you gotta have a zen to discord back up. The zen could do his own stuff but just make sure he help out by keeping the discord on pharah or mercy.
Pharmercy has a weakness and it mean it takes out 2 heros from 6 to contest in a koth/capture point. Which means, don't even bother going with 3 men against pharmercy team up. Just get Soldier to dedicate deny pharah whenever she's in sight with help of discord, while your team of 5 other push in to capture point (5v4 at the point). Preferably use tank meta, since squishy are prone to random rocket deaths.

Charging enemy ults isn't really a fair downside compared to 'i can instantly delete over 5/6 of the roster in this game on a 6 second cooldown'

esp with the ult charge rate nerf

There's alot of ways to combat him even if he does get the hook. By a teammate of course.

Zarya Bubble
Displacing with Lucio boop or Pharah concussion
Stun with Mcree
Hook
And Rein's shield stops it in the first place

But again, you have to be with your team. Of course he's going to absolutely wreck you 1v1.

NeoRaider

Tbh. i am very disappointed about what they did to D.Va and it makes me kinda sad. I can't say that i am her main, because i am not a fan of using that word in this game because i play many heroes but she is my most played hero and i am very good with her and "know" her very well. What they did is just not fair, because every and i really mean every tank is much stronger now.

Zarya can melt her so fast, and with her bubbles there is just no way you can win 1v1, you just don't have any chance.

Hog can almost completely destroy MEKA with one shot after he catches you with his hook.

When it comes to Rein and Winston situation is not that bad but only if you don't go too close.

She just doesn't feel fun to play to me. Because you can't flank anymore and go in the group of 3 or more heroes like you used to. And you need to go for health packs all the time if you have one healer in the team. She is just too weak for a tank and i can't believe they actually allowed this to go live.

antitrop

I don't know why the % of total team damage dealt card takes so much precedence over 4 Gold Medals, but okay. Nobody ever votes for a damage card, because who cares

I don't know why the % of total team damage dealt card takes so much precedence over 4 Gold Medals, but okay. Nobody ever votes for a damage card, because who cares
I've had 5 gold medals on occasion but a card for something else. I wanted them to know how much my back hurt.

She just doesn't feel fun to play to me. Because you can't flank anymore and go in the group of 3 or more heroes like you used to. And you need to go for health packs all the time if you have one healer in the team. She is just too weak for a tank and i can't believe they actually allowed this to go live.

D.Va is my 2nd most played and to me those complaints are examples of why she was perceived to be too strong before. Being disappointed you can't solo half of the opposing team sounds a bit funky, ne? And having to go for health packs is part of the game. Think of the opposite of this, how would someone fighting that feel? "She took on 3 of us and we couldn't kill her. She never had to even go back for health."

Tbh. i am very disappointed about what they did to D.Va and it makes me kinda sad. I can't say that i am her main, because i am not a fan of using that word in this game because i play many heroes but she is my most played hero and i am very good with her and "know" her very well. What they did is just not fair, because every and i really mean every tank is much stronger now.

Zarya can melt her so fast, and with her bubbles there is just no way you can win 1v1, you just don't have any chance.

Hog can almost completely destroy MEKA with one shot after he catches you with his hook.

When it comes to Rein and Winston situation is not that bad but only if you don't go too close.

I can't believe it either. Thematically it made sense to originally have dva mostly armor, as that is her as a character. In an armored mech, with a squishy inside. When the buff happened, people went ape shit over 100 more armor. That's what drove people to madness. So many folks thought it was so over powered they complained and used dva themselves. This over use of dva caused an ill conceived notion that she was to good. Many on the blizzard forums and even these forums kept claiming how "broken" she was even though it was a measly overall armor increase. I never once believed it. As a dva user myself I never ever felt she was overpowered in anyway. She was quite frankly perfectly balanced. I wish blizzard just put her back to 500 and left the armor health ratio intact. It's pretty ridiculous they over nerf and over buff so much when the ptr should be used to balance stuff. Anyway whatever. I'll keep using her and she'll inevitably change again later.

NeoRaider

D.Va is my 2nd most played and to me those complaints are examples of why she was perceived to be too strong before. Being disappointed you can't solo half of the opposing team sounds a bit funky, ne? And having to go for health packs is part of the game. Think of the opposite of this, how would someone fighting that feel? "She took on 3 of us and we couldn't kill her. She never had to even go back for health."

She was never too strong. I was also figting D.Va with other heroes and she wasn't much harder to kill compared to Rein or Zarya for example.

And i never said to kill half of the enemy team by myself. But you can barely get close to 2 tanks now. Especially if they are good, you get rekt, her MEKA gets destroyed so fast.

Dva being able to take on 3 characters herself is a gross exaggeration. Hell in this game you have to be an incredibly skilled player against so so opponents to even take on a 1 v 2 match up of pretty much any character. What was great about dva (and Winston) is that they are great hit and run characters. If you can dive into the back line and take out a healer that's the best you can hope for. Now with dva dying so much faster that's a much taller order.

ohkay

She was never too strong. I was also figting D.Va with other heroes and she wasn't much harder to kill compared to Rein or Zarya for example.
She was way too strong. She is one of the main reasons so much of the cast was shut out because she completely nullified so much with defense matrix, her high health/armor pool, and the best mobility of all the tanks

Blues1990

And i never said to kill half of the enemy team by myself. But you can barely get close to 2 tanks now. Especially if they are good, you get rekt, her MEKA gets destroyed so fast.

I have to agree on this. I was trying to keep our diving D.Va topped up (for a dive comp during competitive), and that player was having difficulties with ganking and harassing the enemy before the mech had blown up. And even during the moments when that player knew to bail, nope, her MEKA mech went kablooey.

The player had given up and switched to Winston, who had much greater success and got POTG afterwards.

She was way too strong. She is one of the main reasons so much of the cast was shut out because she completely nullified so much with defense matrix, her high health/armor pool, and the best mobility of all the tanks

Wherever I see people post stuff like this I always wonder just what would you rather see dva built to do? Because she's designed to tend to the very things you're complaining about.

Dva isn't about damage. She can do a decent amount if left unchecked but her damage has always been additive of the teams and not a big killer herself. She's great at catching runaways though.

Fugu

D.Va being potentially too weak now doesn't change the fact that before she was nerfed she was too strong.

She was ubiquitous. I get that there are inexplicably a lot of D.Va mains and they're disappointed that they can no longer pick her every game but her being able to be picked every game needs to be perceived as a problem, not an indication of correct balance.

She was nearly as problematic as Lucio and Ana in regards to utilization with the added bonus that she hard countered a lot of characters. D.Va being nerfed (in conjunction with the much smaller Ana nerf) is going to allow a lot of other characters to be played.

D.Va has been problematic for Blizzard since the game came out but we are closer now than we were before to where she should be.

Dva being able to take on 3 characters herself is a gross exaggeration. Hell in this game you have to be an incredibly skilled player against so so opponents to even take on a 1 v 2 match up of pretty much any character. What was great about dva (and Winston) is that they are great hit and run characters. If you can dive into the back line and take out a healer that's the best you can hope for. Now with dva dying so much faster that's a much taller order.
Try doing half of the shit that pre-nerf D.Va was capable of with Winston and you might get an idea of just how much more powerful she was than she should have been.

nah not really. since the DPS threats to D.Va were pretty much nill back then from her gigantic armor and Defense matrix, she could safely tank like 3 characters with almost no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom