• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHall

She just doesn't feel fun to play to me. Because you can't flank anymore and go in the group of 3 or more heroes like you used to. And you need to go for health packs all the time if you have one healer in the team. She is just too weak for a tank and i can't believe they actually allowed this to go live.

No character should be able to dive into three or more heroes and be able escape.

cHinzo

Got the event Reinhardt legendary from my second box. Got 2 more boxes from arcade and 1 from a level up and got 4 epics out of it. :D Gonna play more often until I get the D.Va skin which I really want. The monkey and Zen event skins look really cool too! ;-;

I actually had a moment the other day where I was literally just outside of its range and got a real close up view of the event legendary Hog hook in my face. Frightening.

I've had that happen quite often, and it's equal parts horrifying and hilarious.

Like some cheap 3D movie effect or something.

As for flex picking, I think it's almost a requirement in this game. Sure you can have your preferred roles but being good at multiple roles makes it so much easier.

I love being Rein / Lucio though, takes a lot of game sense to not die and know when to use your abilities. A lot of Lucio's play "passive" and that ain't right.

Same for Symmetra. Go get that ult charge, fam.

ohkay

I reckon the reason most aren't good at support or tanks, or think they aren't good at support or tanks, is because they have tunnel vision really.
This makes a lot of sense to me, because whenever I spectate someone on my team that is a "DPS main" reluctantly playing a healer/tank, I notice they're not really focused on their surroundings and just rushing headfirst into bad situations, or playing entirely too passively because they think that's how a tank/support should play (mainly Rein/Lucio)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
She just doesn't feel fun to play to me. Because you can't flank anymore and go in the group of 3 or more heroes like you used to. And you need to go for health packs all the time if you have one healer in the team. She is just too weak for a tank and i can't believe they actually allowed this to go live.

You make it sound like every tank should be able to do that.

Fugu

To make an example really quick, EnVyUs kind of has this going on. They have three DPS "mains" on their team. They have a Lucio player that can flex tank, one of their DPS players is converted into a flex/tank player now, and another DPS can flex Lucio too. HarryHook, Mickie, and InternetHulk all have flex attached to them. Meanwhile the other half is Taimou, Cocco, and Chips being extremely dedicated to being masters of their roles. Even then, Cocco and Chips are more than prepared to flex if you have ever seen them stream.

Cloud9 has the same shit going on too. Gods, Surefour, and Mendo can all play DPS and flex no problem.

I'm pretty sure this is going to be the future of the game.
For people clawing it out in solo queue specialization makes even less sense because you can't rely on people building around you to nearly the same degree.

People starting to realize that the amount of bullshit hooks wasn't nearly as high as they thought. The hook rarely 'breaks' and you're dead every time it doesn't.

Hog is nuts now. I was against a nerf before, he definitely needs one now.

antitrop

Hit level 400 on PC, PS4 account still just behind 300. Nooooooo life

3mXahxn.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was about to buy Wukong since I really wanted a new skin for my main man Winston but then I got it from the very next box

Patience and all that.

Antiwhippy

People starting to realize that the amount of bullshit hooks wasn't nearly as high as they thought. The hook rarely 'breaks' and you're dead every time it doesn't.

Hog is nuts now. I was against a nerf before, he definitely needs one now.

I actually had the hook break quite a number of times on me since the patch.

But yeah, I've been calling for nerfs that aren't about the BS hooks way before hook 2.0. I think hook 2.0 is fine honestly. That's how the hook should work. Now let's get nerfs to address how hog was broken even when he had hook 1.0.

jviggy43

See your advice doesn't work, though. This season I tried to be way more open about switching to other roles in order to accommodate people, because at the end of the day all that should matter is winning, but few people want to leave their comfort zone for the better of the team. Most people are too stubborn to even consider switching. I'm curious as to if some part of the matchmaking algorithm takes into account what roles you've played the most.
7GHpapb.png

Which is also why I said that if you try it their way and it isn't working switch to something youre good at it. If what youre running isn't working then there is little point continuing on with trying it even if the comp would hypothetically benefit from the role. Then you at least are playing a character you are much better with and can presumably help your team.

I'm not saying that forgoing healing or tanking is something to do, just that if your team either cannot or will not switch it up its better to just play what youre good at. Which is why diamond was awful; like you said, people are too stubborn to even consider switching. Also see the post about the guy bragging about being fucking diamond lol.

I honestly don't understand how some of you really believe Roadhog is that OP. You can hear him coming a mile away, he has so many counters, he's a huge target and you know exactly where he's going to try and position himself on a lot of maps to be effective.

Stop getting hooked.

jviggy43

I honestly don't understand how some of you really believe Roadhog is that OP. You can hear him coming a mile away, he has so many counters, he's a huge target and you know exactly where he's going to try and position himself on a lot of maps to be effective.

Stop getting hooked.

Yeah I really have never had a problem with hog but I also main several characters that counter him so that obviously helps. Use that rein shield to your advantage.

Stop getting hooked.
I think there's a bias depending on character preference. I mostly play Zarya so I see a Hog and think: Woo, easy energy, fast ult!

Stop getting hooked.

Yeah and now that peeking around corners is safe his threat level is soooo much lower.

Skii

Stop getting hooked.

He has so many counters... Name one please.

Antiwhippy

His problem is that he's basically widow with way more sightlines and angles to work with and is far too oppressive in terms of dictating positioning.

And he can kill his counters much easier now with his new hook. You can play around him but hook is far too oppressive to be able to move freely. And he barely gets punished for whiffing it.Genji is dead if he dashes wrongly Rein is dead if he charges wrongly. Tracer is dead if she can't manage rewind. Soldier can barely burst anyone if he can't land helix. Zarya is dead if she can't bubble properly. Winston is dead if he doesn't jump and drop shield properly.

Hog's cooldown is so low you can do yolo hooks way too much and he doesn't get punished for it.

I'm getting really tired of getting teams of leavers and salty rage freaks who stay in spawn to yell profanities at eachother in voice chat.

So many assholes who will just stay in spawn and go "enjoy your loss :)))))"

League of Lengends playerbase was bad enough now it's combined with FPS and Waifu freaks.

Had one guy who refused to play because someone wouldnt switch off Mercy and he wanted to be Mercy because "Mercy is my girlfriend" and he had the voice of a 10 year old, like jesus fuck I wish I could filter matchmaking by age.

AngryMoth

I wouldn't mind 2cp maps if there weren't so many draws. Kind of wish they gave you a win if you got more ticks than the other team although can see how that could be problematic

I wouldn't mind 2cp maps if there weren't so many draws. Kind of wish they gave you a win if you got more ticks than the other team although can see how that could be problematic
I mean, Payload counts a win so long as you get the cart any further than the enemy team, not just checkpoints. I don't see why 2CP shouldn't handle similarly given how it plays out as-is.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Who else here is bummed that they can't play Overwatch because the darn thing just started crashing (along with your whole PC) the instant you reach the title screen after the Year of the Rooster update went live?

I sure am! v_v
I've been in contact with support for two days now and they seem completely in denial or oblivious that this update has made the game unplayable/broken for some of its players on PC. They keep trying to identify potential problems with my PC and not their update.

Apathy

Stop getting hooked.

hes so overpowered and unchanged from the start of the game there were a bunch of metas without him

Moonkid

Given the population now I hope they consider adding in game mode queues. This way they can also add 2CP maps if they really want to (and we can all avoid them mwahhahaa).

Mine01

I just wanna smack mercy when they wait for 4 or 5 of our team to be dead to rez...

U KNOW WHY 4 OR 5 DIE? BECAUSE DIDNT REZ THE FIRST 1 OR 2 TO PREVENT THE STOMP

need help

JHall

Just lost a comp game because of a bug I guess. We pushed the payload to the end with 54 seconds left. We ended up stopping them short of the final destination so the score was 3-2. Yet the got another chance to attack... I'm so confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom