• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

Reaper doesn't counter Hog lol. He gets hooked and one shot. How do you even think this is true?

People have been picking reaper to deal with hog since the beta (until ana and the tank meta). Hes been able to kill reaper in one shot since the beta. Go look up every strategy to deal with hog prior to the tank meta and see who people consider him to be weak against.

I swear, feels like I'm taking crazy pills. Like people can't recall a time before the latest patch.

caesar

Banned
People have been picking reaper to deal with hog since the beta (until ana and the tank meta). Hes been able to kill reaper in one shot since the beta. Go look up every strategy to deal with hog prior to the tank meta and see who people consider him to be weak against.

I swear, feels like I'm taking crazy pills. Like people can't recall a time before the latest patch.

The game was totally different then. Why do you keep talking about before the patch? Its irrelevant.

Strategy tips are ill informed and way less was known about how to play the game then. Plus things like ult economy were different. Ask any high level player if Reaper counters Roadhog.

Everyone fights outside point B on Anubis and our Ana just walks in casually and solo caps it while everyone is fighting off point.

Got to love this game sometimes.

I can go 38-1 as Tracer and it still feels weird. Like maybe it's just my memory but season 2 I felt like I was so good with her. And now I feel like I have the worst accuracy ever.

But my stats usually looked good at the end, so maybe it was always better in my memory.

Still the best character, and I looked forward to getting back to playing her. Thanks for the games bros.

Owzers

I'm getting paranoid that Reinhardt/Reinhardt's new skin is bugged on PS4, I'm getting a lot of earthshatters where people seem to be in the general range not be effected. Everyone is in on it...

LiK

Hog's health is insane. I froze him with Mei ult and kept trying to kill him with icicles and he didn't die when he thawed out. Lol

Reaper is absolutely a road hog counter. If you don't think this you're not playing footsies well enough . Even though the hook and shoot can 1 shot reaper, it doesn't negate the fact Reaper blows through 600 HP very easily on a large slow target that every ounce of the shotguns hit. Roadhog misses the hook , dead roadhog.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sombra should be able to hack the bubble.

SOMETHING SHOULD FUCK UP THAT BUBBLE.
Sombra can disable Zarya's bubbles by hacking. They don't last long enough for her to shut them down in the moment. The bubble is Zarya's purpose. I don't want to see them compromised at all. 🙁

LiK

Good Zarya players are so hard to kill. We ended up against a really good Zarya player tonight. She did most of the killing than her entire team.

Reaper is absolutely a road hog counter. If you don't think this you're not playing footsies well enough . Even though the hook and shoot can 1 shot reaper, it doesn't negate the fact Reaper blows through 600 HP very easily on a large slow target that every ounce of the shotguns hit. Roadhog misses the hook , dead roadhog.

Reaper shoots hog. Hog misses hook. Reaper shoots, but hog stays at full HP--it turns out Ana is behind him. Reaper is hooked and dies.

Welcome to the new meta.

The game was totally different then. Why do you keep talking about before the patch? Its irrelevant.

Strategy tips are ill informed and way less was known about how to play the game then. Plus things like ult economy were different. Ask any high level player if Reaper counters Roadhog.

It's obvious that Roadhog isn't the one who is OP and needs the nerf in this current meta. No "high level" player has said Roadhog needs a nerf because he's too OP

BigDug13

Reaper shoots hog. Hog misses hook. Reaper shoots, but hog stays at full HP--it turns out Ana is behind him. Reaper is hooked and dies.

Welcome to the new meta.

It's a bit overpowered how she can hide and do that though. Mercy has a huge beam pointing to who you need to kill first while every other healer can heal on the sly.

cyborg009

Banned
Had my first "fuck the meta" games of the season.

0aj9y2W.jpg

jUEXAhF.jpg

Route 66 tied at 3-3. My team couldn't even get near the damn gas station. And the enemy team had 2:45 to win the game. We some how were able to stall them with our shitty comp. They even brought out a bastion for some damn reason.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's a bit overpowered how she can hide and do that though. Mercy has a huge beam pointing to who you need to kill first while every other healer can heal on the sly.

Ana can hide well, but isn't that the point? She's meant to be a stealth-ish character. Mercy's beam is hard to miss, but she has the mobility to escape enemies when she's being targeted. Ana is slow but has nothing but her rifle's decent damage and her tranq dark (with a long cool down) to protect her from danger.

Her husband would probably be dead by now anyway.

Ana can hide well, but isn't that the point? She's meant to be a stealth-ish character. Mercy's beam is hard to miss, but she has the mobility to escape enemies when she's being targeted. Ana is slow but has nothing but her rifle's decent damage and her tranq dark (with a long cool down) to protect her from danger.
She also has her biotic grenade, which gives her an effective 300hp.

infi

I'm loving this game so far, not having much luck with these lunar new year loot boxes though. The only legendary I've got from 11 of them was the Soldier Daredevil outfit.

Is it normal in FPS games for players to be so clueless about their surroundings? This is the only FPS I play and I notice a surprising amount of other players are completely oblivious to whats going on around them.

Is it normal in FPS games for players to be so clueless about their surroundings? This is the only FPS I play and I notice a surprising amount of other players are completely oblivious to whats going on around them.

Yeah, there's a lot of clueless people out there.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
She also has her biotic grenade, which gives her an effective 300hp.

Sure, but no automatic self-healing to bail you out of tough situations. You gotta share those nades too. But I'll be honest, I'm just a big Ana fan and don't want to see any more nerfs for awhile.

Xzan

Are people better with Widowmaker in console or did she get a secret buff. Got wrecked by one just now.

Definitely a secret buff: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/tac-pro-for-playstation-4/

It feels like I've been encountering a fair number of Soldiers and Widows in comp using mouse on PS4 lately. Even had a Master/GM smurf account brag about it by clicking his mouse into the mic. When he wasn't raging how shitty we were... (high Plat, low Diamond).

I'm usually playing some kind of tank so it doesn't bother me as much as it might someone playing a more squishy character.

Kenai

Route 66 is such a miserable map

Give us a summary please.

The envelopes she is holding in that one picture are usually given out by married people to people who are unmarried.

Since they all look the same it was inferred that she made them to hand out rather than received them from others.

I was reading the Kotaku article about this earlier and the comments were convinced that Blizzard slimmed her down on purpose, then claimed it was a bug when they got backlash. Even though her tank isn't even attached to her body.

I think it's very obviously an error. The part between her back and ass is literally horizontal, even the texture looks stretched to accommodate.

I don't think they'll be increasing her waist from the front, just fixing whatever the heck is going on at the base of her spine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom