• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

Aren't you calling for mei nerfs even when she's played way less than roadhog.

Yeah, i want the freeze to take longer to fully stop so i can actually have a fighting chance when I'm healing. I'm not bitching about how shes overpowered, just i would rather a complete freeze took more than 1.5 seconds

You are the one claiming hog is OP yet he was not always in the meta, you know why? go back and check when Hog usage started going up. I'll give you a hint, her name is Ana.

Before the ana buff he considered D tier. He was unchanged in damage this whole time, you don't think people just completely ignored him that whole time cause they couldn't grasp the amazingness that is Hog and now hes totally OP? come on.

Ana pushed out zen who with reaper kept hog out of the meta.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, i want the freeze to take longer to fully stop so i can actually have a fighting chance when I'm healing. I'm not bitching about how shes overpowered, just i would rather a complete freeze took more than 1.5 seconds

You are the one claiming hog is OP yet he was not always in the meta, you know why? go back and check when Hog usage started going up. I'll give you a hint, her name is Ana.

Before the ana buff he considered D tier. He was unchanged in damage this whole time, you don't think people just completely ignored him that whole time cause they couldn't grasp the amazingness that is Hog and now hes totally OP? come on.

Ana pushed out zen who with reaper kept hog out of the meta.

Nah, he was used pretty often before zen got a buff that basically turned every tank that can't deal with discord into F tier heroes.

If you remember when hog was coming up before 50% discord he paired really well with mercy. He's a big ult battery so he gets the heals and gives mercy constant res, and she helps hog shred people during whole hog. So his sustain was never really the issue here.

Things is, things have changed. I'd say less ana would bring hog down, but you're not taking into account the one big thing that has changed: ult charge nerf. Now in overwatch it is very pick based. It wasn't like that back before the ult charge nerf because everyone just died to ults every team fight, but now with more prolonged fights the ability to engage with picks is ever more important.

hypernima

Banned
How do you do the roadhog hook and headshot? For some reason the L2 shot doesnt come out after hook and R2 shot doesnt kill at all.

Xeteh

Stupid gfycat always cuts off the end of my highlights and I also don't know why it records and looks like garbage. Anyway, this sequence made me laugh. I couldn't hit shit with Widow and then I get 3 headshots out of 4 and couldn't see them.

https://youtu.be/gGB_ZQa2X0g

How do you do the roadhog hook and headshot? For some reason the L2 shot doesnt come out after hook and R2 shot doesnt kill at all.

Not sure which is primary fire on console but you just aim for head/chest and hold down primary fire then melee asap. It won't one shot everyone but low HP heroes it will kill.

maomaoIYP

About 7 boxes since the event started, only have Bastion's skin. Too many legendary skins this time around, I hope I don't have to buy most of them.

Apathy

Nah, he was used pretty often before zen got a buff that basically turned every tank that can't deal with discord into F tier heroes.

If you remember when hog was coming up before 50% discord he paired really well with mercy. He's a big ult battery so he gets the heals and gives mercy constant res, and she helps hog shred people during whole hog. So his sustain was never really the issue here.

Things is, things have changed. I'd say less ana would bring hog down, but you're not taking into account the one big thing that has changed: ult charge nerf. Now in overwatch it is very pick based. It wasn't like that back before the ult charge nerf because everyone just died to ults every team fight, but now with more prolonged fights the ability to engage with picks is ever more important.

The only time Hog has been B tier before Ana was here
http://www.planetoverwatch.org/16-o...-meta-report-ive-got-the-whole-hog-from-above
http://www.planetoverwatch.org/17-overwatch-tier-list-and-meta-report-the-esl-experiment

and then not again until ana was widely played starting here

https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2016-...-list-and-meta-report-who-s-meta-is-it-anyway

At every other point hes been C tier or lower. You think such an OP character wouldn't be getting used constantly? If hes so broken before Ana why was he constantly C or D ranked (and in one instance F ranked)? A character to be OP wouldn't be so hidden away that no one realized what he could do.

A pick would always be important now or before the ult change, because it is a numbers game. Removing any piece of that would be strong, and having one less ult to work with would of course give a side an advantage now or before. That does not make Hog OP, it makes him useful, it makes him do his job. Neither of those things make him OP cause hes been able to do it since the start of the game and hes never been considered abused because hes broken by anyone.

How many times do you get hooked and killed and go "man I deserved that, i was out of position" vs "fuck that hook op op, nerf nerf nerf". People don't like to admit fault, but a valid hook, specially now, can't be attributed to BS or OP when the hook got fixed to break and hes been able to one shot people from the start of the game.

I'm not talking about personality/character/achievements....I'm talking about looks/voice. I would think that would be obvious but sorry if it wasn't.

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe around the nose? I have a hard time just cause bighead has a lot more hair, but admittedly I am terrible with faces

Foxxsoxx

I don't understand why I get matched with so many tryhards in QP. I'm level 79 and constantly get matched with people in the 500s in rank. I wish I was matched with people with about as much playtime as me, some of these matches are just way too much.

I don't have near enough raw experience to be able to go against some of these people...

Did they patch Mei to make her new skin fat?

I was reading the Kotaku article about this earlier and the comments were convinced that Blizzard slimmed her down on purpose, then claimed it was a bug when they got backlash. Even though her tank isn't even attached to her body.

Antiwhippy

The only time Hog has been B tier before Ana was here
http://www.planetoverwatch.org/16-o...-meta-report-ive-got-the-whole-hog-from-above
http://www.planetoverwatch.org/17-overwatch-tier-list-and-meta-report-the-esl-experiment

and then not again until ana was widely played starting here

https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2016-...-list-and-meta-report-who-s-meta-is-it-anyway

At every other point hes been C tier or lower. You think such an OP character wouldn't be getting used constantly? If hes so broken before Ana why was he constantly C or D ranked (and in one instance F ranked)? A character to be OP wouldn't be so hidden away that no one realized what he could do.

A pick would always be important now or before the ult change, because it is a numbers game. Removing any piece of that would be strong, and having one less ult to work with would of course give a side an advantage now or before. That does not make Hog OP, it makes him useful, it makes him do his job. Neither of those things make him OP cause hes been able to do it since the start of the game and hes never been considered abused because hes broken by anyone.

How many times do you get hooked and killed and go "man I deserved that, i was out of position" vs "fuck that hook op op, nerf nerf nerf". People don't like to admit fault, but a valid hook, specially now, can't be attributed to BS or OP when the hook got fixed to break and hes been able to one shot people from the start of the game.

You're also missing a really crucial thing here.

http://www.planetoverwatch.org/19-overwatch-tier-list-and-meta-report-the-eve-of-ana
See how he is in relation to the other tanks here. Used pretty often, and it's more of an indication that tanks were used fairly interchangeably.

http://www.planetoverwatch.org/20-overwatch-tier-list-and-meta-report-the-7-day-meta
https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2016-08-04-overwatch-hero-tier-list-and-meta-report-zenyattawatch
... and then welcome to zenyetta watch.

So roadhog usage is more about zen not being broken than ana being broken.

Apathy

I don't understand why I get matched with so many tryhards in QP. I'm level 79 and constantly get matched with people in the 500s in rank. I wish I was matched with people with about as much playtime as me, some of these matches are just way too much.

I don't have near enough raw experience to be able to go against some of these people...

it still uses some amount of mmr as far I as can recall. levels int he game don't equate back to skill just time played. you could be an amazing level 25 and you can be a terrible level 200. don't let the levels throw you off

Foxxsoxx

it still uses some amount of ssr as far I as can recall. levels int he game don't equate back to skill just time played. you could be an amazing level 25 and you can be a terrible level 200. don't let the levels throw you off

Well obviously there, but someone with hundreds, if not thousands of hours of playtime is likely just as good if not better plus they have more map knowledge and experience.

It wouldn't be so bad but it's pretty much every single round I'mean going against these guys. And I see a lot of the same names even when I switch lobbies, it'a just odd that it seems like my playerpool is small.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
zarya really shouldnt have exclusive rights to purging debuffs/freezing

meis freeze on winston even when he ults is beyond stupid

Apathy

You're also missing a really crucial thing here.

http://www.planetoverwatch.org/19-overwatch-tier-list-and-meta-report-the-eve-of-ana
See how he is in relation to the other tanks here. Used pretty often, and it's more of an indication that tanks were used fairly interchangeably.

http://www.planetoverwatch.org/20-overwatch-tier-list-and-meta-report-the-7-day-meta
https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2016-08-04-overwatch-hero-tier-list-and-meta-report-zenyattawatch
... and then welcome to zenyetta watch.

So roadhog usage is more about zen not being broken than ana being broken.

Then before zen got the hp increase (because that's all he got, hes been able to 50% discord since the start), why was Roadhog not so oppressive that he needed to be a 100% pick? Before the HP buff,zen was not a high pick cause he was really easy to kill, so then it would be a perfect time for Hog to be the top dog, yet somehow that never emerged, even with how "op broken" he was according to you.

Antiwhippy

Then before zen got the hp increase (because that's all he got, hes been able to 50% discord since the start), why was Roadhog not so oppressive that he needed to be a 100% pick? Before the HP buff,zen was not a high pick cause he was really easy to kill, so then it would be a perfect time for Hog to be the top dog, yet somehow that never emerged, even with how "op broken" he was according to you.

Because there were other broken ass shit then.

Like really, overwatch was full of broken shit from then till now. Widow was some broken ass bullshit that battles got decided by which widow sniped the other widow first so she got nerfed, mccree FtH was some broken ass bullshit so he got nerfed and then buffed and then nerfed and then buffed, soldier was kinda pretty good but they somehow decided to mess with him for some reason so I dunno. Double lucio, double winston and double tracer was some broken ass bullshit so they gave us 1 hero limit. Zen not having an unplayable healthpool was some broken ass bullshit so he got nerfed. I think mercy might have gotten nerfed at some point because res was some broken ass bullshit but she might just have been crowded out by zen. They tried multiple times to nerf lucio but they still can't do it really.

You kind of get the point.

So things change, and the game is not anything like it was back then, and as blizzard tries to iron out broken ass bullshit some will come out even more apparent.

I don't know why roadhog mains are so bitchy about him being nerfed. It isn't some weird injustice that no character has suffered before. I mean I look at all the nerfs my mains have received and went "yeah, that makes sense". I even think they could nerf ana further and I loooooove playing ana.

Got Roadhog event legendary in my last arcade box, two level up boxes later I got the red Mei legendary. This event is going to be cheaper on my wallet and funny money than I imagined.

back to back legendary boxes, neither holiday skins.

fuck off
Chuck
Still without luck

i'm sorry, but are you really suggesting that roadhog would have survived the 420 fan the hammer McCree meta?

Apathy

Because there were other broken ass shit then.

Like really, overwatch was full of broken shit from then till now. Widow was some broken ass bullshit that battles got decided by which widow sniped the other widow first so she got nerfed, mccree FtH was some broken ass bullshit so he got nerfed and then buffed and then nerfed and then buffed, soldier was kinda pretty good but they somehow decided to mess with him for some reason so I dunno. Double lucio, double winston and double tracer was some broken ass bullshit so they gave us 1 hero limit. Zen not having an unplayable healthpool was some broken ass bullshit so he got nerfed. I think mercy might have gotten nerfed at some point because res was some broken ass bullshit but she might just have been crowded out by zen. They tried multiple times to nerf lucio but they still can't do it really.

You kind of get the point.

So things change, and the game is not anything like it was back then, and as blizzard tries to iron out broken ass bullshit some will come out even more apparent.

I don't know why roadhog mains are so bitchy about him being nerfed. It isn't some weird injustice that no character has suffered before. I mean I look at all the nerfs my mains have received and went "yeah, that makes sense". I even think they could nerf ana further and I loooooove playing ana.

So if there was a character that was covered in black and was the perfect person to deal with roadhogs before and has never been nerfed or buffed much like hog was he would be perfect to deal with a big body that has always been able to kill him with the old hook or the new one? wonder if blizzard will ever add that.

You clearly want to stick to your notion that hog is op and unbeatable, sure go for it.I'll be baiting out hooks from hogs with rein, or protecting my team with bubbles, or just sitting out of range and knocking his fat head and body feeding me ult when I play soldier.

i'm sorry, but are you really suggesting that roadhog would have survived the 420 fan the hammer McCree meta?

I'm suggesting that if he was so broken he would have survived it and would have been top pick to deal with mccree since hook has a longer reach than flashbang does.

caesar

Banned
So if there was a character that was covered in black and was the perfect person to deal with roadhogs before and has never been nerfed or buffed much like hog was he would be perfect to deal with a big body that has always been able to kill him with the old hook or the new one? wonder if blizzard will ever add that.

You clearly want to stick to your notion that hog is op and unbeatable, sure go for it.I'll be baiting out hooks from hogs with rein, or protecting my team with bubbles, or just sitting out of range and knocking his fat head and body feeding me ult when I play soldier.

I'm suggesting that if he was so broken he would have survived it and would have been top pick to deal with mccree since hook has a longer reach than flashbang does.

Reaper doesn't counter Hog lol. He gets hooked and one shot. How do you even think this is true?

Sorry Biscuit and TJ felt like we had a couple more wins in there if I played a bit better. Still broke even though.
Nah I was playing pretty off earlier too, probably still annoyed at that torb + getting pushed into tank which I don't really have a good one with D. Va nerfed. Seemed like we'd be a solid group otherwise :)

Uhh, hate to break it to you, but that was the time when teams often ran 2 McCree. Roadhog would have been absolutely smashed in that meta and rightfully so. Then there was the Zenyatta meta, and lol playing a nonshield tank in that time and finally, the Ana meta, where he actually was capable of being played without it being a total troll pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom