• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sombra is way too easy on Anubis. People don't seem to understand how wide that map is at the beginning and how easy it is to hide there and harass attackers...

ElyrionX

It's fucking ridiculous. Roadhog is such a huge counter to Dva now. One hook and you're almost guaranteed to lose your mech. WTF is this shit.

Kysen

Hog single-handedly carried a game yesterday. Non stop hooks into 1 shots. Its no question hes OP now. A warning for anyone playing in the EU at 3-3.2k this weekend I will be playing sombra only on my smurf and will not switch. I really want to get good at her but QP just isn't a good environment for learning. The matchmaking in QP is way too wide.

Anne

I still stand by the statement Roadhog did all this before, and y'all are just now experiencing what we have been with higher elo Roadhogs for months :p

Imagine him with the old hook but this consistency on killing targets, all while Ana healed him better and D.VA made sure DPS couldn't look at him. There's a reason I stopped playing until patch lol

Kysen

I still stand by the statement Roadhog did all this before, and y'all are just now experiencing what we have been with higher elo Roadhogs for months :p
Nah before you had a chance to escape a hook, many times on ana/lucio I would escape.

Anne

Nah before you had a chance to escape a hook, many times on ana/lucio I would escape.

Nah, straight up if RH failed to kill his target he fucked up. It was extremely rare for somebody to get that far out of line. Most players just don't bother learning those mechanical skills and complain that its inconsistent.

Kain

Instead of nerfing Hog they should buff a bit some of the DPS and Winston. I say Winston because he's awesome but he's relegated to harass snipers, he just doesn't work as a tank.

Hog is incredibly fun, hooking people is one of the most satisfying things in this game and it would be a pity to take away that. Just buff the damage some of the DPS do, specially Sombra. Oh but do nerf Tracer stupid ass annoying character I hate her so much thank you very much

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
sure, but it would occasionally dump people in the completely wrong place. it doesn't really do that anymore.

Which is why i said that I'm fine with the changes.

Still, you're talking about a skill that puts you in a pretty long stun duratiom, and also puts you massively out of position right into the enemy team. Unless you're a roadhog that flanks all the way behind the enemy line (and i know that those exists) the hookee is usually dead unless your team are a bunch of idiots who don't attack the hookee.

Solo q positioning is pretty woeful though so i can see why roadhogs think that ohko is a massive buff. With decent positioning and team coordination though the hookee is usually dead, ohko from hog or not.

Anne

sure, but it would occasionally dump people in the completely wrong place. it doesn't really do that anymore.

You could mitigate this so that was unlikely, and if it did go off center you could react in time to correct your shot. It was extremely rare to see a hook go so wrong that somebody got away. Again, most players never bothered learning how to do all of that.

Also yeah a lot of times the person who got hooked died from the team hitting them anyways.

Sande

Roadhog needs to have some of his power moved away from the hook (and nerfed while they're at it). He's ridiculously one dimensional, not to mention unfun to play against as most heroes.

I'll quote my suggestion from a few pages back:

Give his shotgun 6 shells and/or a slightly faster rate of fire.
8 second cooldown and/or reasonable (=smaller) hitbox on the hook.

Of course to get the balance right, the exact numbers need to be tweaked carefully. But the point is that I think that moving some of the power from the hook to his shotgun would put him in a better place. He'd be more fun to play and to play against (imo).

Pooya

Roadhog could go to 500hp, 600 is far too forgiving for a ohk hero with stupid self healing.

He needs to be played more like in a fishing style than what it is now, he has too much survivability, makes reaper's role for close range damage redundant. Hog can self heal through reaper's ult.. that's just silly.

AngryMoth

Kind of a awkward that I have 3000 coins but I'm too scared to spend them in case I get the same skin in my next box. D.Va's is my favourite skin but I don't play her anymore since the nerf and I like Roadhog's too who I do now play, plus it will still look good outside of the event

NeoRaider

Kind of a awkward that I have 3000 coins but I'm too scared to spend them in case I get the same skin in my next box. D.Va's is my favourite skin but I don't play her anymore since the nerf and I like Roadhog's too who I do now play, plus it will still look good outside of the event

Just wait 2 more weeks then buy.

Skii

So if there was a character that was covered in black and was the perfect person to deal with roadhogs before and has never been nerfed or buffed much like hog was he would be perfect to deal with a big body that has always been able to kill him with the old hook or the new one? wonder if blizzard will ever add that.

You clearly want to stick to your notion that hog is op and unbeatable, sure go for it.I'll be baiting out hooks from hogs with rein, or protecting my team with bubbles, or just sitting out of range and knocking his fat head and body feeding me ult when I play soldier.

I'm a Reaper main and he doesn't counter Roadhog. It was a 50/50 at best and with the new patch, bad Roadhog players will beat Reaper more often than not so it's actually in Roadhog's favour.

It's quite obvious that you don't understand how this game is changing after each patch because if you did, you'd understand why so many people have problems with Roadhog.

NeoRaider

Tracer has 150 HP and is insta dead with bad luck and Sombra can dive as much as she wants, since she does nothing.

Insta dead? You are playing Tracer wrong then.
I hope you realize that there are heroes that are supposed to do that. D.Va was one of them. D.Va is close combat hero, her guns doesn't do anything on long range.

Antiwhippy

Is it just me or is typing GR in allchat when you've pretty much shut them out all round a pretty shitty form of BM? Or are the people doing it not aware of it and just type it out of courtesy?

Also god why do I keep getting stuck with mercies that I'm outhealing?

D.va's main use right now is charging allied or enemy ults. She's a battery.

Also, I don't know how or why, but suddenly Pharah clicked for me. It's like I my brain finally understands the concept of "aim where they will be, not where they are." I have no idea why it took so long... but it feels great.

ISOM

Is it just me or is typing GR in allchat when you've pretty much shut them out all round a pretty shitty form of BM? Or are the people doing it not aware of it and just type it out of courtesy?

I said this a month back but no one responded to my post so most people seem to be ok with it. GR is just almost as bad as saying GG after a round to me. I don't know how that became a thing to do.

Antiwhippy

Yeah I pretty much don't type GGs after a win in allchat, only in teamchat. I know that I sure as hell don't want to see the other team bragging after a loss. :p

Yup. I think it's finally time to take an extended break from Overwatch, already got most of what I cared about fron the event andyesterday it was just terrible, an awful losing streak with some of the most toxic people in existance, plus this new patch introduced a ton bugs/glitches/connection issues that really bring down the experience. And to top it all off, the hero balance is certainly not the best right now.

I'll come back if things change, and if they don't I
'll probably still return lol

Prelude.

The only time when you can type GG or something like that in all chat without sounding like an asshole is when you lose.

Antiwhippy

Ya know, ever since the nerfs I've been playing ana more as dps ana, and man that is so much fun.

You also get insane gains in SR. The game seems to judge your ana play on kills and damage pretty hard.

It takes some discipline and patience but Im saving all coins till the end of the event for that very reason.. I know if i buy one im just going to get it 2 boxes later and get barely any coins for it. its better to just wait till the end of the event to buy what you didnt get from boxes. people will be tired of wearing them by then as well so you will be one of the few still wearing them =V

From my experience, if an enemy Pharah is causing too much havoc, then the team and I will make a combine effort to deter that player flying the "friendly skies". I play Zenyatta to help an Ana/McCree/Soldier: 76 to take that player out.

Same goes with Roadhog.
Dva flying in her face then doing some burst damage with discord orb on pharrah + soldier helps a lot

Blues1990

Someones gotta put pharah to bed if the soldier can't crack it. >_> <_<
From my experience, if an enemy Pharah is causing too much havoc, then the team and I will make a combine effort to deter that player flying the "friendly skies". I play Zenyatta to help an Ana/McCree/Soldier: 76 to take that player out.

Same goes with Roadhog.

Antiwhippy

Eh it's more like, I had a game today where we were getting spawn camped like crazy because of their pharah, and it's because our soldier is getting harassed too much to kill her (also that his aim ain't that great) so I took it upon myself to take care of her, 3 shots, bam bam bam, done. Managed to get her to switch off after constantly sniping her.

With her new range honestly, ana is one of the better heroes to clip her wings. Diving pharahs are harder to deal with though.

Also I've been whiffing as zen hard this whole season but I think I've finally found my groove. I think I'm going to play equal parts zen and ana this patch so I'll probably be able to get more practice time on zen.

Yo, good games to Wintervocal and Paltheos last night.

They queued up with me for a couple matches and boy can they play well.

Paltheos was a beast on Hog and Winter's really good with callouts.

Git me back to 2800 easy. Shame I had to leave, I think we could've broken through to 2900.

Also Ana is such a good counter to Pharah. When I play Ana I usually try to keep an eye out for her so I can put a couple quick shots out and keep her scared.

Blu(e)

Ended up finally finishing my placement matches and ended up at around 2700 yesterday. Was able to land back in Diamond after 28 or so games. I remember struggling like crazy in season 2 but this time it was much easier. Might even shoot higher.

Magnus

Oh, remember when Blizzard put out that comic showing tracer being gay? Bioware forums were upset about it, and a serious/joke post said ''I want a refund now Blizzard'' and someone responded with "Too late, your money is gay now"

Ahahahahaha, that's fucking amazing. Thank you!

Antiwhippy

I dunno, I still feel like soldier 76 is good but not overly so?

Maybe it's because I can just shoot > piss jar > shoot and he dead without being able to heal. >_> <_<

Or just bionade in general fucks him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom