• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

I dunno, I still feel like soldier 76 is good but not overly so?

Maybe it's because I can just shoot > piss jar > shoot and he dead without being able to heal. >_> <_<

Or just bionade in general fucks him up.

Really? Soldier can just run behind cover so grenade doesn't affect him anywhere near as much as the tanks. Plus Soldier has the guaranteed heal afterwards.

Soldier is probably too good at the moment compared to other DPS. But I think it's very slight and shouldn't be of any real concern until they deal with Ana and Roadhog. It doesn't seem like the "nerfs" were enough. Only problem is that it'll take them another 1-2 months before they even hit PTR with it.

LiK

Avoiding Hog hooks isn't tough 1v1 from all the games I've been playing. Seems like I only get caught when I'm in a group and the Hog happens to just shoot his hook randomly out and it happens to hit me. Same way a Rein randomly charges in and happens to pin me.

Blues1990

I like how you can combine voice lines with the new patch. I was getting a kick out of Roadhog's "Say bacon one more time... you chicken" last night.
"Mess with the best, & BOOP!"
"100% German CATCHPRAISE!"
"Why are you so angry? I make this look good...Real good!"

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm way too used to Ana's healing hitboxes when hitting friendlies. Whenever I try to snipe the enemy Pharah I realize how damn thin Pharah is.

I can land one or maybe two shots in short order, but I have a ton of trouble getting three in a row, especially since Pharah is usually aiming for me.

...plus my team decides to either stand on top of me and bodyblock my shots, or they leave me behind to get murdered.

Avoiding Hog hooks isn't tough 1v1 from all the games I've been playing. Seems like I only get caught when I'm in a group and the Hog happens to just shoot his hook randomly out and it happens to hit me. Same way a Rein randomly charges in and happens to pin me.

I'm actually getting better at juking hooks now that Hog is in damn near every match. Usually when I get hooked is when he surprises me after I just accidentally walked right up to his face.

I remarked on this while playing last night, but I definitely felt near invincible while playing as Roadhog, the only thing I really needed to watch out for was the other Roadhog. As long as I stayed back and had a few corners to duck behind if I missed a hook, I basically became a serial killer every six seconds. It feels good but the cooldown on his hook definitely needs to be upped by like two seconds.

I still missed a few shots after hook though, and every time it was on Genji. I dunno if I was still subconsciously adjusting to old hook placements or what but I kept whiffing any time I hooked the little weasel ninja.

LiK

The hook seems more consistent now and I like it. But good lord his healthpool is still goddamn insane. Love using Discord on Hogs.

caesar

Banned
I can go 38-1 as Tracer and it still feels weird. Like maybe it's just my memory but season 2 I felt like I was so good with her. And now I feel like I have the worst accuracy ever.

But my stats usually looked good at the end, so maybe it was always better in my memory.

Still the best character, and I looked forward to getting back to playing her. Thanks for the games bros.

I felt the same way but I realised its a few things. Less ult charge so you are sticking people with pulse a lot less often. More tanks and healing so ttk is slower. Feels bad but you should still play her anyway. My highest elims in season 2 was 87 or something, s3 its 62.

Tldr; your tracer didn't actually get worse.

I felt the same way but I realised its a few things. Less ult charge so you are sticking people with pulse a lot less often. More tanks and healing so ttk is slower. Feels bad but you should still play her anyway. My highest elims in season 2 was 87 or something, s3 its 62.

Tldr; your tracer didn't actually get worse.
Yea this meta has always felt weird. At least Dva is nothing more than 70% ult charge for Tracer now.

Glad I'm not the only one.

The RH witch hunt in here is hilarious.
I was defending him before, but it is kind of nuts at this point. Me and Biscuit got rolled on KOTH round 1 yesterday. I went Hog and we slaughtered them the next three rounds. I wasn't even playing that well, I had like 47% hook accuarcy. But I had 4 golds, one bronze, and only died two more times in the next three rounds. That's was actually the first time that I felt like I was playing a very overpowered character while playing Hog. I think he's better than ever.

Even our game on Dorado, our Hog was bad, and we lost. Or you carrying us on Numbani because you're a great Hog.

He feels like Reinhardt now. You better have one on your team because if you don't and they do then you're fucked, and the game might be decided simply on which team has the better Hog.

The RH witch hunt in here is hilarious.

I don't think it's necessarily a witch hunt so much as every time there's a balance change new heroes get their turn in the spotlight. The way the balance changes shook out this time put Roadhog directly in the crosshairs because, as other people have said, while at high levels Roadhogs are pretty much performing the same, the skill floor for his hook has dropped so at lower levels Roadhogs have become more dangerous (and way more common).

It's why D.Va was in the spotlight after last patch, because she suddenly became necessary at all skill levels since her skill floor dropped due to her insane armor and survivability.

AbaFadi

Banned
I still stand by the statement Roadhog did all this before, and y'all are just now experiencing what we have been with higher elo Roadhogs for months :p

Imagine him with the old hook but this consistency on killing targets, all while Ana healed him better and D.VA made sure DPS couldn't look at him. There's a reason I stopped playing until patch lol

Yeah Roadhog has always been broken. I don't know why all of a sudden people were just starting to notice. A lot of the hooks he got before weren't bs hooks, but clear los hooks. Higher elo Roadhogs were the worst to play against. Any Roadhog player who can hit above 50% of his hooks is going to be a nightmare to deal with.

HigXx

Just bought this as it the PS Deal of the Week and wow I wish I had bought it sooner! Really loving this

Playing as Mei just now, seem to be doing pretty well. Though theres a lot of classes to try, I dont know who id choose next

Complistic

I haven't really noticed any disconnecting hooks while playing Hog since the patch.

Your enemy hasn't adjust then yet. If you bait the hog to use his hook when you're near a corner, you can duck behind the corner and it'll disconnect. It's not hard to do. People just haven't figured it out yet. Before it would just rip you around the corner.

Entropia

No One Remembers
For the first time since competitive became a thing, I'm almost done my placement matches. I'm like 2-4-1 or something like that.

Last night was the first time I had got into one in awhile, and I bothered to hop on voice chat... people were getting salty right away.

Children, behave. Mother knows best. Do you need someone to tuck you in? Everyone dies.

Oh, it's that kind of game now? :3

It's a different kind of witch hunt, though.

Junkrat is a trash-tier hero that causes more problems than he solves.

As someone who played way too much Demoman in TF2, this makes me sad.

Junkrat can shred through shields and helps you keep an eye out for flankers too. Also in KotH he can be a huge help.

Bad Junkrats will just build charge for the enemy and fail to get picks with skillshots though.

Jellie

I'm a Zen believer now. Been having too much fun with him. His new skin is quite nice too. I will never change it.

I'm wondering who would be better in solo queue out of Lucio and Zen. Speed boost and discord orb are both strong but in solo queue getting your team to focus fire can be difficult sometimes. Using Zen alleviates that since everyone should be shooting your targets. But if everyone is already focusing a target, speeding onto them is so good.

Blues1990

My favorite is "Why are you so angry? THAT'S HOW YOU GET TINNITUS!"
Yeah, I've been having too much fun with combining different voice lines for hilarious effect. Some heroes have better combos for their voicelines (I can't for the life of me find a fun combination for Mercy, Reaper, & Mei), but it's all good.

I'm a Zen believer now. Been having too much fun with him. His new skin is quite nice too. I will never change it.

It's weird. Out of all the heroes, Zenyatta is the only one who I have kept with his default skin (despite loving his new legendary & Epic skins).

And I don't know why.

pizzacat

Banned
Next event should be the death of roadhog

He gets a nice funeral and all or nice enough for a trash man like him

He never comes back

Anyone who has him as top 3 used in any season or quick play gets deleted from the universe

Cappa

Banned
Yeah, I've been having too much fun with combining different voice lines for hilarious effect. Some heroes have better combos for their voicelines (I can't for the life of me find a fun combination for Mercy, Reaper, & Mei), but it's all good.

It's weird. Out of all the heroes, Zenyatta is the only one who I have kept with his default skin (despite loving his new legendary & Epic skins).

And I don't know why.

Really for Mei?

Zhège shìjiè zhídé w&#466;men fènzhàn! / Gõng x&#464; f&#257; cái! / Okay!

Owzers

I got the new zeny skin last night, not going to give up on mercy though.

I'm starting to have Mercy doubts but I just push them out of my head.

LiK

I got the new zeny skin last night, not going to give up on mercy though.

I'm starting to have Mercy doubts but I just push them out of my head.

you can still stick with Mercy. Leave Zen to me, my friend.

btw, always a pleasure to play with you.

Shantom

He never comes back

Anyone who has him as top 3 used in any season or quick play gets deleted from the universe

He hasn't been my main since season 1. Am I off the hook?

Rocketz

He never comes back

This post feeds me. Thanks for the buff Blizz.

I wish his healing output was better tbh. The reason why I'm not super fond of him is cus I feel like I'm more of a DPS and I prefer the mobile DPS for that :p

LiK

That's what people said about the nutcracker skin.

Zen is just a great design that makes for great subsequent skins.

I honestly find his Nutcracker skin too creepy. The ponytail was a nice touch tho.

I'm also a Journey to the West fanboy so....

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm wondering who would be better in solo queue out of Lucio and Zen. Speed boost and discord orb are both strong but in solo queue getting your team to focus fire can be difficult sometimes. Using Zen alleviates that since everyone should be shooting your targets. But if everyone is already focusing a target, speeding onto them is so good.
Probably depends on how useful your team is. If they all scatter everywhere, break LoS and overextend all day while not being able to kill much, then I'd probably just pick Zen because he can take matters into his own hands and kill things himself.

Lucio can't do much on his own unless you're some super pro wallrunner, and a bad team won't take good advantage of his auras.

The hook hate reminds me when I used to play the WC3 Dota mod way, way back in the day and you were a cool dude to pull off Pudge hooks and it was scary back then too.

I for one welcome our new Roadhog overlords :p

That face though. Stuff of nightmares.

Whatever do you mean?
MindlessTepidKob-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom