• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

holysan

You realize how bad some ppl in diamond are if they need to pick 3 tanks against Hanzo, Genji, Pharah and Reaper and they still lose. lul

Oxn

You realize how bad some ppl in diamond are if they need to pick 3 tanks against Hanzo, Genji, Pharah and Reaper and they still lose. lul

Well how will 3 tanks get to hanzo and pharah, and reaper rips through tanks.

I think its a pretty good counter actually.

Paltheos

Sounds like some bad coordination. That can stop any team. Probably the most ridiculous win I ever pulled out is 6 offense heroes on Eichenwalde Attack (I think one of our teammates may have been a Mei, but that's it)

caesar

Banned
On what scale? Those pointless Pro tourney meta charts that only apply to the pros who play them? I don't even care as long as I win with him.

Nah, just on the general level. Ive honestly never seen him carry a game, hes a liability. Maybe thats different on console but hes so bad on pc.

LiK

Nah, just on the general level. Ive honestly never seen him carry a game, hes a liability. Maybe thats different on console but hes so bad on pc.

well, once this event is over and I'm done grinding for skins on PS4, I'll join you on PC. I haven't really played the PC version at all since getting it during that sale. Should be fun.

holysan

Was 2 times with the same guy in a game where he started with "don't pick Hanzo or I'll troll". He trolled, others trolled too and we still won. I wish I could avoid ppl still.

Mr Git

I ducked a RH hookshot last night with Tracey. Felt really good. Really really need to upgrade my PC as playing on the PS4 is kinda shit.

I know I had a great round as Tracer on Numbani while playing with GAF folks last night, but I didn't get any stat updates for her on Overbuff or Oversumo. Sometimes the stat tracking really confuses me, or maybe I just had a fever dream and hallucinated myself performing well.

I'm starting to feel more comfortable as a flex player now. I'm practicing with McCree to help with my overall aiming, and because of that I feel like now I can play pretty much any position.

Sounds like some bad coordination. That can stop any team. Probably the most ridiculous win I ever pulled out is 6 offense heroes on Eichenwalde Attack (I think one of our teammates may have been a Mei, but that's it)

Last night we won on Oasis with a no-tank meta against a 2/2/2 set-up. I think it was Tracer/McCree/Reaper/Mei/Lucio/Zen? I though for sure we were gonna lose but we ended up creaming them. I think the enemy Ana was trolling the second match but whatever.

holysan

I ducked a RH hookshot last night with Tracey. Felt really good. Really really need to upgrade my PC as playing on the PS4 is kinda shit.

I hate running after Tracers. Always feel as if I am just an ult sponge for them. Miss hook after hook and suddenly she sits in my face and gets oneshotted. Wonder what the Tracer player feels in that moment.

LiK

I hate running after Tracers. Always feel as if I am just an ult sponge for them. Miss hook after hook and suddenly she sits in my face and gets oneshotted. Wonder what the Tracer player feels in that moment.

I never run after them. Let them come to you.

Mr Git

Usually sadness at realising my tremendous error. Even worse when a good Roadhog starts really going for you. It's easy to dodge the hook when you know it's coming. Shit when you are preoccupied and get one shotted from one you hadn't even noticed. My favourite Roadhogs are the ones who can hook but aren't quick enough to shoot me in the face and I blink/recall away.

They had to have changed the loot box system, right?

I was getting so many purples during the Christmas event, and I'm only getting blues with this event

Nimby

Banned
Immortals still quad-tanking with D.Va. The Symmetra play at the WP has been so bad, that teleporter placement is only good if they haven't passed the choke. And then he builds 70% of his ult back and then switches to Lucio.

Skii

Got hooked mid dash behind the Roadhog and he killed me. Would be silly for it to break at that point, right...

So I just got a download for Patch 2.04 on PS4. Is that normal? I don't see any new patches announced. I've been playing the Lunar New Year's event patch since it began.

Seriously hate starting a gaming session off thinking you just want to win 2 games to reach a milestone in comp, only to immediately lose 3 in a row and have to scratch and claw all night long in order to get back to the same position you were in to start the night.

Seriously hate starting a gaming session off thinking you just want to win 2 games to reach a milestone in comp, only to immediately lose 3 in a row and have to scratch and claw all night long in order to get back to the same position you were in to start the night.

That's been my month. Haven't been able to crack 2850 for the life of me.

Had a day where I went 7-0 to get to 2825 then I went 0-4 the next day lmao.

Queuing with some GAFers may help though, last night was super refreshing with how well we played in a three stack.

They wanted to fix the Mei graphical glitch so it might be that. Does she look thicker now?
Hmm...Mei still looks the same. But on Reddit someone reported that you can't do Widowmaker's hook jump anymore(?) but I'm still looking.

EDIT: D.Va still isn't fixed!

Kremzeek

They had to have changed the loot box system, right?

I was getting so many purples during the Christmas event, and I'm only getting blues with this event

that's my experience as well.

i got so much awesome stuff for Christmas & Halloween events, now it's literally white white blue white spray crap after 8 loot boxes......!

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
i have this on PC but thinking of also getting it on PS4 since it's currently discounted.

what is it like on Ps4? does it feel differently because of controllers and is the player count healthy? pc would be my main platform and ps4 just for quick bursts here and there so nothing serious.

You playing tonight? I wanna try it.

Defense on a payload map seems to be the best. I played a few solo QPs the other night just to hack and I got the ult one (6 hacks at one time) and died at 14 hacks.

Felt bad, but hacking the whole team at once seemed a lot harder to pull off, so I was glad for that.

LiK

i have this on PC but thinking of also getting it on PS4 since it's currently discounted.

what is it like on Ps4? does it feel differently because of controllers and is the player count healthy? pc would be my main platform and ps4 just for quick bursts here and there so nothing serious.

slower pace gameplay but it's plenty fast for gamepads and 60fps. no text chat of course. player count is fine.

Defense on a payload map seems to be the best. I played a few solo QPs the other night just to hack and I got the ult one (6 hacks at one time) and died at 14 hacks.

Felt bad, but hacking the whole team at once seemed a lot harder to pull off, so I was glad for that.

I got the EMP full team one already. So I guess I'll need to creep around for the 15 hacked one. I think i had a good chance in a Payload map once but I got greedy and shot at them and they killed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom