• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have this on PC but thinking of also getting it on PS4 since it's currently discounted.

what is it like on Ps4? does it feel differently because of controllers and is the player count healthy? pc would be my main platform and ps4 just for quick bursts here and there so nothing serious.

Started on PS4 at launch and had fun because two of my best buds play, but overall I'm pretty lousy with anyone but Reinhardt or Mercy. In November I got a new PC and switched over and now I actually feel like I'm competent. Two things that improved for me was aiming and turn speed.

On PS4 I have the sensitivities maxed and I still feel like the camera movement is 1/2 the speed on PC. My biggest weakness, besides aiming, is my situational awareness becomes tunnel vision because I can't constantly check around me. This is of course my own experience. I still go back and play on console to hang out with that friend but it's really only for him, I kind of hate playing on console now.

The one bonus over the PC version is that matchmaking seems to happen much faster on PS4 than on the PC.

Everytime i look at the killfeed its Grimrealities name there.

I wonder how luminosity go from a 1 or 2 man advantage to grim realities finishing off 2 or 3 of LG

GeeTeeCee

Dammit, I stopped playing Overwatch to download this clearly-not-actually-that-important patch (as it was quite happy to let me keep playing without it), and now it's stuck in the "preparing to download" phase for an eternity. Now that I stupidly initiated the patch, it won't let me play until it's done.

The only mercy is that at least it rescued from my current whistle-stop tour of the absolute dregs of the matchmaking system, where if you thought your last team was bad, well buckle up, 'cause you ain't seen nothin' yet!

Paltheos

Queuing with some GAFers may help though, last night was super refreshing with how well we played in a three stack.

Yeah, good times. I'm up for more for sure.

They had to have changed the loot box system, right?

I was getting so many purples during the Christmas event, and I'm only getting blues with this event

Just bad luck. I bought a bunch of boxes after the event started - I got golds in 4 boxes in a row, and I've consistently been getting purples.

Incidentally, I had bad luck during the Christmas event. I went like 20 boxes without a gold. FeltBadMan.

Sorry I missed it last night, are you guys playing again tonight?

I'll probably be on from 6-11 PM tonight, so yeah.

No worries, that happens when you have people staggered in comp games.

First game was just me and Wintervocal and then Paltheos was available for the second game.

None of us played Ana so you could easily get time to shine, but we all switched around as needed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Really? Soldier can just run behind cover so grenade doesn't affect him anywhere near as much as the tanks. Plus Soldier has the guaranteed heal afterwards.

Soldier is probably too good at the moment compared to other DPS. But I think it's very slight and shouldn't be of any real concern until they deal with Ana and Roadhog. It doesn't seem like the "nerfs" were enough. Only problem is that it'll take them another 1-2 months before they even hit PTR with it.

You make it sound so easy to avoid the piss jar.

I also really don't think he's too good compared to most of the dps in the game.

Last night I went 50-7 in a quickplay game as soldier. That game was nuts. Anne and I fought for gold the whole time, but in the end, busted-ass soldier won out lol. Soldier is very strong right now, esp with D.Va nerfs.

If anyone mains tank/support and wants to expand their pool into dps, 76 is by far the best transitionary character to do so atm.

Paltheos

This man can land his hooks, is all I'm gonna say. Whew.

Funny you say that haha. I actually had only 44% hook accuracy that game. I did hook 33 dudes tho (stats I remember only because I got a card). But my accuracy is usually much higher, and I missed allot of hooks that game because I was nervous - I haven't played Hog on Oasis at this elo before and now that I think about it the first comp game I've played with Hog since the new hook patch. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

Funny you say that haha. I actually had only 44% hook accuracy that game. I did hook 33 dudes tho (stats I remember only because I got a card). But my accuracy is usually much higher, and I missed allot of hooks that game because I was nervous - I haven't played Hog on Oasis at this elo before and now that I think about it the first comp game I've played with Hog since the new hook patch. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

Nah you did fine. Good game sense and I've seen worse accuracy lol.

The ones you landed were the important ones though.

Can't even make it past the gas station. Triple/Quad tank is here to stay.

The Whole Hog, as it were.

I really wish QP wasn't so infested with Hanzos and Widows

Same thing on console. Altho some Widows and Hanzos have become much better.

It seems like there are a ton of console players cresting the level 25 mark these days and making their way into comp.

I'm a lowly 2100 player so I periodically get grouped with placement players. Last night we got partied with an Anubis attack Widow. After instantly dying four or five times in a row they switched to Hanzo....after again instantly dying several times in a row by rushing in solo they settled on their final pick.

Bastion.

I really wish QP wasn't so infested with Hanzos and Widows

I used to hate that, but now that I have my new winston skin to try out I'm having a lot of fun thanks to them. PS4 though, they aren't exactly good at them lol

I know that people say that you shouldn't jump because it makes your movement predictable, but it seems extremely effective with winston. Since aiming is harder on console they can't land those criticals so easily anymore and I'm finishing fights with a lot more hp than usual.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
feels like 3/4 of the roster is countered by the other 1/4 which all happen to be top meta picks
I used to hate that, but now that I have my new winston skin to try out I'm having a lot of fun thanks to them. PS4 though, they aren't exactly good at them lol

I know that people say that you shouldn't jump because it makes your movement predictable, but it seems extremely effective with winston. Since aiming is harder on console they can't land those criticals so easily anymore and I'm finishing fights with a lot more hp than usual.

the problem isnt the enemy

theyr'e on MY team

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
maybe they should give 76 a counter since they buffed him because it sure as shit ain't reaper anymore

or do we just need the same 5 heroes countering everyone

ZangBa

I think tanks in general need a damage nerf. They should be tanks, not killers. I'd reduce damage in the game overall, but tanks especially, making offense characters matter more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom