• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought it, these characters are speaking to me

Mercy
Ana
Soldier
DVa
Big think with shield
Bastion

I typically pick whatever we lack, am I doing good Gaf?

Shieldman is Reinhardt.

Bastion might get people mad at you but if you can play him well they shouldn't mind.

All of the others are pretty good in the meta currently, D.Va got nerfed a bit but she can still do some work.

The others are all solid safe picks currently.

Jellie

Mercy
Ana
Soldier
DVa
Big think with shield
Bastion

Bolded ones are top picks. Dva just got a heavy nerf but was stupidly good so have to wait and see on them. Bastion is basically kills people new to the game since they don't know how to deal with him yet. Mercy is trash.

Kade

Mercy
Ana
Soldier
DVa
Big think with shield
Bastion

That's a good way to play but remember not to sacrifice your own enjoyment for other people, especially in Quick Play or Arcade. Competitive is a bit different but it feels different when you're actively trying to not lose.

Grief.exe

Mercy
Ana
Soldier
DVa
Big think with shield
Bastion

Between Ana, Soldier, and Rein (shield guy) you will be pivotal to your team in 99% of situations.

Ana is very difficult to learn as she can have huge tilts to the flow of the game depending on how her abilities are used. The only problem is when these abilities should be utilized and how can be confusing if you're new to the game.
Also, her escape abilities are difficult to land.

Wanderer5

Since I had gotten Zen's new legendary skin from the free loot box, the calling to try him more has been more apparent.:p Next time I get on, I should change the right click to be either heal or discord through, cause that will likely feel a bit better

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
remove heal debuff
seriously

give it to someone else i dont care
stop letting ana counter 9/10 of the heroes in the game

maouvin

Also bad!

image.php

Since I had gotten Zen's new legendary skin from the free loot box, the calling to try him more has been more apparent.:p Next time I get on, I should change the right click to be either heal or discord through, cause that will likely feel a bit better

Don't underestimate his charged shot though.

Grief.exe

What if I want to start playing Tracer in competitive? Any good guides or videos to getting started?

Obviously I will grind hours in quick play for what it's worth.

Still tryna figure out how you can hook a Zarya and she has a bubble around her.

You can't.

Must have expired, or had it's damaged broken by some other source.

No like.
I hooked a zarya and at the same moment her shield went up so i brang her forward with her shield still on around her.
this game does weird things often

like sombra can still take damage from her og location after translocating sometimes

i think their servers just put both things out if they happen at the same time rather than deciding what to prioritise

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

Mercy
Ana
Soldier
DVa
Big think with shield
Bastion

Mercy is okay but looked down upon because ana is a stronger healer. But feel free to use her because she is still very helpful. She is outclassed by ana at top levels, but for most people she's effective.

Ana is the strongest healer in the game but also has the biggest skill range. Position yourself properly, use your skills to devastating effectiveness, and have excellent aim? You can work wonders. But you're useless if you can't land your shots on the targets that need them.

Soldier is good. Very self sufficient and good at everything.

DVa is good but recently nerfed. Still useful in the right situations.

Reinhardt is great.

Bastion is good against people who don't know how to deal with him, but quickly gets taken out by anyone who does.

Grief.exe

No like.
I hooked a zarya and at the same moment her shield went up so i brang her forward with her shield still on around her.

Oh. Probably client server delay on both sides then.

She activated her shield before your hook was supposed to connect, but your input reached the server first so it approximated the two.

antitrop

I love having Discord on right click. I put alt-fire on one of the thumb mouse buttons, so I can still use it, but I don't use that anywhere even close to as often as Discord.

hypernima

Banned
Those 2 maps aren't exactly comparable. Route 66 is straight up payload while Eichen is a hybrid, like Numbani or King's Row or Hollywood.

Coincidentally, the best maps in the game? Hybrids.

Numbani is the hardest Hybrid by far though. If an attacking team doesnt know wtf their doing it's heavily tilt in defense's favor imo.

pizzacat

Banned
this game does weird things often

like sombra can still take damage from her og location after translocating sometimes

i think their servers just put both things out if they happen at the same time rather than deciding what to prioritise
And hooked from there

The hook reaches other realities at this point

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't play Reinhardt.

The DPS players in this game ruin it for me with how much they fuck it up, with how much they scatter, with how much they don't take advantage of earth shatters. I can't do it.

What's the best way to get out of the plat/gold rut? I keep bouncing between gold and low plat between the past two seasons.

I feel like my personal skill level has actually increased a lot, my hit scan aim especially, but I'm not really budging. In fact I'm at a season 2/3 low at the moment (2190).

I suspect a lot may just be like a need to get large groups together. I usually have me and one other person and it can really feel like a teammate lottery at times.

How easy is it to get a group together in the GAF discord group on any given evening?

What's the best way to get out of the plat/gold rut? I keep bouncing between gold and low plat between the past two seasons.

I feel like my personal skill level has actually increased a lot, my hit scan aim especially, but I'm not really budging. In fact I'm at a season 2/3 low at the moment (2190).

I suspect a lot may just be like a need to get large groups together. I usually have me and one other person and it can really feel like a teammate lottery at times.

How easy is it to get a group together in the GAF discord group on any given evening?

Play Pharah, people at that rank can't hit her~

Dreavus

I was just thinking the other day that I need to throw discord orb onto a mouse button. Maybe one of the side ones. It's too annoying to have to take a finger off of WASD to mash E, especially when people are dying rapidly and the orb keeps getting returned.

Wanderer5

I love having Discord on right click. I put alt-fire on one of the thumb mouse buttons, so I can still use it, but I don't use that anywhere even close to as often as Discord.

Yeah just did a couple rounds with discord on right click, and it does feel better already.

¡HarlequinPanic!;229379498 said:
Play Pharah, people can't hit her~

Fixed.

Want to tilt an entire team?

Play Pharah & Mei or Pharah & Genji.

If the DPS aims up, Mei or Genji dive them.

If they aim at the Mei / Genji, Pharah takes them out.

Also toss in a Winston to keep the supports off the DPS and the tanks will be too slow to do much of anything.

Sane_Man

I got Roadhog and Zen's legendary skins in one loot box as well as legendary money :-o I've never even got two legendaries in one box before. I can afford to buy Rein's and Mei's and Ana's if I don't drop them before the event ends. I already got Mei, D'va, Bastion, Junkrat, Winston and Sym's and I don't really like the rest.

Does the event end next Monday?

Man, I can't deal with Pharah for shit.

Even as Soldier I can't hit her.

The main issue with Pharah is she can easily stay out of most DPS' effective range, especially when you take into account stage geometry.

If she's within the DPS effective range it's a bit easier to kill her, but you basically have to wait for her to come to you.

I had a match on Ilios once where I never saw her, let alone had a clear shot at her.

Add a Mercy to that to soak up shots and keep her healed, and it's a nightmare.

Blues1990

I just notice the issue with Mei's new skins and oh man does the back with her rear end especially looks weird.XD
It's certainly unsettling, as I otherwise love her new Legendary from this event.

Hopefully, this updated change to her in-game skeleton will make it that Mei won't have these problems in the future. I still want a skin with her blue tank top. :>

Blues1990

It sounds like he will be pain in the ass again.
I thought they are only doing small buffs/nerfs now? Nothing major... lol
Well, with One Hero Limit being a thing for both QP & Comp, it's only fair to go & readjust the heroes that were rebalanced around the original limit.

Besides, having another hero that can effectively take out Pharah is alright in my book.

Fancolors

Sentry Mode - We're looking at focusing this mode into more of a tank-buster and barrier-buster mode, while also making it feel less suicidal to be transformed. To that end we're testing stuff like increased spread and removing headshots, but taking less damage while transformed.
An omnic can dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom