• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

It's certainly unsettling, as I otherwise love her new Legendary from this event.

Hopefully, this updated change to her in-game skeleton will make it that Mei won't have these problems in the future. I still want a skin with her blue tank top. :>

Heh yeah. It be nice when the fix comes in, cause her new skins are really lovely otherwise indeed (gotten the Chang'e from a loot box, woo).

Sane_Man

Spray_Genji_Cute.png

Have fun, Genji mains! The next meta is upon us!

Haha I'm so bad with Genji. I barely play him. I should really change my avatar.

Sane_Man

Honestly Bastion is such a pain in low MMR where I am. He might be a joke at higher MMR but this is legit nightmare fuel for me. He's so fucking boring as well. This could make me quit the game.

I typically pick whatever we lack, am I doing good Gaf?

You're doing good. Good work.

Man, I can't deal with Pharah for shit.

Even as Soldier I can't hit her.

Justice can be elusive, but it always rains from above.

Honestly, you want to catch her after a Jump Jet, because her hover is mad slow. Widowmaker and Bastion paste her instantly. Soldier 76, McCree, and Genji are also good picks. If you track her, you can also wait until she touches down again.

Bastion changes are coming to the PTR soon-ish.

Definitely liked how they decided to solidify it's purpose as a tank buster.

He already savages most tanks. Probably just remove headshots or allow him to transform a bit faster.

An omnic can dream
image.php

Have fun getting close to him or killing him while Rein is protecting him and having both Torbjorn's turret and Symmetra on left and right sides.

I... actually ran into last night on Watchpoint right before the last door. Damned hard to break.

I-hate-u

Oh no, don't be confused.

It's going to be the one TRUE TANK meta now.
Regrettable, but necessary.

Have fun getting close to him or killing him while Rein is protecting him and having both Torbjorn's turret and Symmetra on left and right sides.

Hey it's different than what we have playing the last couple of months.

----------

What I don't get is why isn't Bastion full health is armor? He is a battle omnic with no life, he's all armor.

Skii

If he takes less damage in sentry mode and can bait out his reflect then he's good. Not to mention if Zen or Ana is babysitting the Bastion.

Edit: Double post my fault.

Well if they're removing headshots and increasing spread, it should make it easier for Genji to counter even if its less damage.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Honestly Bastion is such a pain in low MMR where I am. He might be a joke at higher MMR but this is legit nightmare fuel for me. He's so fucking boring as well. This could make me quit the game.
At low MMR, Bastion is often working alone. In that case, if he's set up at a spot where you can hit him from a distance, he gets boned by anyone who can pop out of cover, shoot at him, then duck back in before taking too much damage. Zenyatta is particularly good at this because his charged alt fire can probably kill a discorded bastion on his own.

But if the team has people protecting the Bastion, and if it's set up at a spot that forces you to get close to him... I dunno what to do then.

Blues1990

I found that an offensive Reinhardt that rarely uses his barrier can be a pretty scary thing.

Despite how goofy & lovable Reinhardt sounds, an offensive Reinhardt is indeed a scary thing to deal with. I'm glad that nano boost doesn't give him that speed boost anymore, as I have nightmares with hearing "Are you ready? Here I come!" & seeing a glowing knight obliterating the opposition.

I can't play Reinhardt.

The DPS players in this game ruin it for me with how much they fuck it up, with how much they scatter, with how much they don't take advantage of earth shatters. I can't do it.

Ever since the Christmas patch the game gives me around 20 more ping than it use to. Not sure if it's the cause but I can no longer pin people as rheinhardt unless I hit them EXACTLY. Rhein is the only character I have to absolutely dodge playing for that reason. I'd rather be lucio even though I dislike healing/supporting in games and hate that character in particular.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Despite how goofy & lovable Reinhardt sounds, an offensive Reinhardt is indeed a scary thing to deal with. I'm glad that nano boost doesn't give him that speed boost anymore, as I have nightmares with hearing "Are you ready? Here I come!" & seeing a glowing knight obliterating the opposition.
Rein is very scary up close. That's why you always want to be a decent distance from him.

I think someone called him a permanently ulting Genji who has very little mobility, and I think that's a decent comparison.

I-hate-u

Well if they're removing headshots and increasing spread, it should make it easier for Genji to counter even if its less damage.

Even if so, having Genji pre-occupied with Bastion, which is going to be more difficult even if slightly, and not being able to focus on the healers instead could be problematic for him.

Also good Ana(s) in the back-line where she would be hanging with Bastion that can also somewhat deal with Gengu is going to make it even harder

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've had a really weird trend recently where i absolutely destroy teams with bastion and yet when i get bastions on my team i absolutely destroy the other team. Love me a good nano tank

Played against abastion yesterday who just stayed on the rotating platforms on volkskaya even though point b is about to be capped.

Azoor

Rein is very scary up close. That's why you always want to be a decent distance from him.

I think someone called him a permanently ulting Genji who has very little mobility, and I think that's a decent comparison.

Yeah, that would really fit Reinhardt if here to be very offensive to the other team. His hammer is pretty powerful.

Skii

Even if so, having Genji pre-occupied with Bastion, which is going to be more difficult even if slightly, and not being able to focus on the healers instead could be problematic for him.

Also good Ana(s) in the back-line where she would be hanging with Bastion that can also somewhat deal with Gengu is going to make it even harder

Well if Ana and Bastion are worrying about Genji, it should give the rest of the team time to focus Bastion as well. Any decent team knows to kill Bastion first and then the fight is over even if they res.

I've had a really weird trend recently where i absolutely destroy teams with bastion and yet when i get bastions on my team i absolutely destroy the other team. Love me a good nano tank

Played against abastion yesterday who just stayed on the rotating platforms on volkskaya even though point b is about to be capped.

the cr1tikal strat

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I didn't know Ana was a healer, just her standard weapon was fantastic.

I like Mercy a lot since she is Medic from TF2. I mainly played Medic, Eng, Scout, Sniper, Pyro.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
i'm struggling to see why you wouldn't

you never accidentally hit a teammate? :p

My experience with the game was a few hours last night, and when I used her. I was due to my team not protecting me from either a Mei or Widowmaker when I was Mercy. I thought it was just her utility spell. So it let me kill off the range or close range harassing me.

Kremzeek

i wonder what percentage of players have actually gone thru the TRAINING mode, to actually try all the characters abilities?.....

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm off the game for a while. The current balance is so completely off-putting and I'm dead sick of Roadhog, Ana and 76 and the amount of shit they can do and get away with.

Prelude.

The changes to sentry mode seem really good for the game overall.
I've always found extremely stupid the damage he could do to smaller targets far away, and at lower levels, from noobs to simply bottom tier players, he's just plain cancer, making the game incredibly worse than it should be.

NeoRaider

I'm off the game for a while. The current balance is so completely off-putting and I'm dead sick of Roadhog, Ana and 76 and the amount of shit they can do and get away with.

Play QP and have fun like i do. :)
You will not even care about crappy meta, ppl leaving, leveling up... etc.

Layell

Some interesting changes, I thought a few days ago that having his sentry mode having a buffed healing skill, while turret mode had something else would be an interesting buff for him too.

I would also love to see Mercy get those buffs, an E skill might be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom