• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxn

For reasons i do not know, i just lost a 6v5 and lost 41 points for it.

There is no rhyme or reason to this game.

Seriously..

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Were you on a losing streak?

SR gain/loss is tied quite a bit to your performance though, so it might have just judged that your SR loss should be that much due to losing 6v5?

Symphonic

Is there a website anywhere that keeps track of competitive Overwatch up to par with, say, ESPN? Having trouble finding a coherent website. Anyone want to start one?

Mutant

I think that CTF, although it needs to make a few adjustments for balancing hero power, is really fun. I want it to be another option in Arcade, with Blizzard continuing to study and adjust it until it's an official mode in QP and Comp. It's pretty neat that the restaurants now get some use in that mode.

Anne

I'm off the game for a while. The current balance is so completely off-putting and I'm dead sick of Roadhog, Ana and 76 and the amount of shit they can do and get away with.

All signs so far point to the game being in one of the best states since launch lol

rulerk1

While i dont think hes OP, roadhog is so annoying. All they had to increase cooldown on all of his abilities and give him 500 hp the last patch alongside the wonderful new hook changes. They seriously didnt think he had things a bit too easy this time?

Antiwhippy

Symm is still hella niche though.

Like, they made her super good against bad players and marginally ok for higher level play.

I have to say though I hate facing her as zen because I seriously need to land all my shots, but she's easy pickings as ana.

Ghazi

FETodIA.jpg

Game of the Year.

Antiwhippy

I'd have to disagree. Every game I play has a Roadhog or a Soldier. Soldier especially just wrecks shit.

Just wait for the new meta to coalesce. Like, people need to realise it's not that soldier wrecks shit. It's that every DPS wrecks shit. Mccree can erase multiple people better than soldier does. Damage is way too high in this game.

Just wait for the new meta to coalesce. Like, people need to realise it's not that soldier wrecks shit. It's that every DPS wrecks shit. Mccree can erase multiple people better than soldier does. Damage is way too high in this game.

Yep, people just like Soldier more because he's got multiple shots to shred people so you can spray & pray in the general area.

Also biotic grenade helps tanks while flashbang helps counter flankers.

Also high noon is less "effective" on average than tactical visor.

So guy goes afk before the match even starts, never picks a character, gets kick for being idle and I still lose ranking, the fuck is that nonsense.

Anne

Based on what?

The history of recent patch cycles and a lot of the problems many higher level players had are addressed? The fact strat diversity was on a rise despite the fact Ana was running rampant and thigns seem to only be improving?

Idk, most of your posts read like somebody who would rather be playing something else because they just can't handle Overwatch as a game. Roadhog is bit good, yeah, but when you look at what we've dealt with before he's pretty mundane. He's not literally defining nearly every single strat in the game, neither is Soldier or Phrah lol.

Idk. Even when I stopped playing for a bit I still liked the game and believed in it. All I've ever seen you do is complain about whatever is stomping you.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The history of recent patch cycles and a lot of the problems many higher level players had are addressed? The fact strat diversity was on a rise despite the fact Ana was running rampant and thigns seem to only be improving?

Idk, most of your posts read like somebody who would rather be playing something else because they just can't handle Overwatch as a game. Roadhog is bit good, yeah, but when you look at what we've dealt with before he's pretty mundane. He's not literally defining nearly every single strat in the game, neither is Soldier or Phrah lol.

Idk. Even when I stopped playing for a bit I still liked the game and believed in it. All I've ever seen you do is complain about whatever is stomping you.
Adding lol at the end of your sentences just makes you come off as really disingenuous and smarmy lol.

Blues1990

When I play Torbjorn, I make it a habit to toss the armour packs directly to the Support Heroes & Flankers on my team &/or leave a pack in the spawn room for those who need it. But for some reason, my teammates actively avoid them at all cost, & I have no clue why.

I had a match where the field was covered in armour packs, & when I politely said to my teammates that they can use them, they just tell me to bugger off and drop dead. :/

Then there are times when the armour pack lands right in front of them but then they walk away from it. Just "Dude I know you saw that." I'm curious if people went out of their way to avoid the armor packs because "Torb is cancer." or if there was something drowning out his voice cue. Like, it's not hard to miss the shiny box that can save you in a pinch. :/

So guy goes afk before the match even starts, never picks a character, gets kick for being idle and I still lose ranking, the fuck is that nonsense.

Happened to me yesterday too. It really is bullshit.

Worst part is the game tells you you can leave without penalty, then if you leave it penalizes your rank. It just doesn't give you a quitter's penalty.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I am being a bit smarmy because I think your attitude towards the game is shit.

Why? Because I'd rather look at the game from multiple levels of play rather than just the top level? there have been plenty of characters that have been strong that I haven't complained about because not every environment is the same. Because I think most of the balancing changes have been wild swings? Do you really think the game doesn't push out updates off the PTR far too quickly? Buffs that weren't even asked for or an issue like Symmetra's range.

Because I've played plenty of online shooters and especially team based shooters and the general swings of buffs/nerfs have been ridiculous. Just like Blizzard's other online games post-Brood War.

Antiwhippy

I'd wait and see if strats are actually more diverse though. Other than the last patch the strats always started out more diverse until a standard is found.

Like, I kinda still want the tank strat to be viable, just not dominant. Like, a team like NiP should still be able to run it. Ironically I think NiP might be better in this patch because they can run zarya more now.

Anne

I think the game swings too much, yeah, but I also think you target things that are just bopping you rather than getting better or even looking at what could happen if you get better. I'm personally just hella annoyed seeing that attitude everywhere across different games I play, so sorry about taking it out on you. I would just rather the game focus on being worth playing for people that actually invest into getting good rather than people who can't be bothered to work on getting better.

I'd have to disagree. Every game I play has a Roadhog or a Soldier. Soldier especially just wrecks shit.

Those two are fairly easy characters to play, so it's not surprising everyone gravitates towards those.

I think Zarya is pretty good against both of them, BTW. Bubbles cockblock RH out of hooks, which energy generated can be used to melt Soldier.

Antiwhippy

Thing is things do trickle down, and honestly at my pleb level and even all the way to my highest level of play I don't really find soldier 76 to be a problem. Like, no more so than any other good DPS. Like, have you played against a good widow, hanzo or mccree before? I'd rather take damage I can recover from instead of being 1 or 2 shotted.

The only thing this patch did was make mediocre roadhogs deadly, but his hook having more counterplay now actually does help. I've actually had quite a number of hooks broken on me just from me playing corner jukes. And there are still team counterplays to it, like sleep dart, bubble, wall, etc. etc.

Ana is still fucking broken though lmao.

Antiwhippy

I wish I got more route 66.

If anything my biggest bummer about the game is that it recently decided for itself that I hated payload maps and looooove 2CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom