• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappa

Banned
So why do all the korean girls cover up their faces?

I think its just a culturual thing for Asian women.... well more specifically Korean/Japanese women where they hide/cover their mouths when laughing and such. My girlfriend does it from time to time now that I think about it especially when out in public, shes of course asian(Chinese).

Xzan

*sigh* From a season high of 3119 at the end of December it's been a progressive free fall ever since. :(

qUIrtLF.jpg

At this rate, I'll be back in Gold by the end of the week... T.T

I-hate-u

Do other esports games have this many issues.
Feels like theres always something going on in every tournament.

Not in so much fighting games. It only took 2-3 stick malfunctions in a year from a certain company to be synonymous in the fgc with shitty products. It doesn't help that one of them literally happened in the last round of the last game of the biggest tournament in 2015.

So coming into Overwatch and seeing what happened in the likes of Dreamhack caught me by surprise.

I know I've complained a lot but holy shit Roadhog's hook has ridiculous range.

I don't know if it's 2.0 helping with landing hooks at a distance, but it feels longer now.

So I can't ice block Roadhog's hook anymore?

...Is this real life?

What do you mean? There are plenty of ways to block hook, or at least negate it from killing you or your teammates.

Lost 200 SR points yesterday but got the discord trophy. Not even mad.

Embrace... Something or other IDK.

Mendrox

Right, but whats your win rate at? Stats are fine but if youre not winning games maybe you should contribute to the dynamic of the team. The game doesnt live and die by team composition sure.... you can have a pretty bad team on paper and just win on shear talent.(Ive had plenty of games like that) but imagine you decide to run Symmetra on attack on Hanamura.

Your teammates decide to go Lucio, Roadhog, Dva, Tracer,Reinhardt.
The enemy team also has a Symmetra, a Rein, a Roadhog, Mei, a Mercy and a Pharah.

As much as youd like to think youre contributing, youre not because no one is taking care of that Pharah. I think there needs to be a balance between picking what youre best with, picking what your team needs, and switching to something else to counter whatever the enemy team has if its not working. The most frustrating aspect to me of Overwatch are teammates who either a)dont switch ever when its not working or b)switch to soon or switch so much that they never built up any ults.

Im also not saying you do or dont do any of those things.... this is just a general rant not directly directed to you... just replying to your comment based on what other people have said etc. :)

I would rather have a good Symmetra than a bad Soldier or McCree that doesn't hit shit especially when the enemy team goes Pharah/Mercy. Hanamura point B is the perfect trap place for Symmetra and enemy Pharahs, I always imagine their faces when they die to my turrents which were in location which they didn't expect, but I am also creative with my turrets and also get ultimate charge about 8/10 matches on C2P after 20 seconds of match start (there are great strategies for that which even work in high ranks).

It really depends, but I had enough with telling people what they should play to counter the enemey team, when they are not even able to play these characters (which is fine).

Edit: Ugh, my point only stands for defense now that I think about. Attack Symmetra is funny, but except for fun KOTH maps she shouldn't be picked.

Cappa

Banned
Bastion buffs whaa?

Recon Mode - Lowered spread and increased magazine size, to help with general viability in this mode.

Sentry Mode - We're looking at focusing this mode into more of a tank-buster and barrier-buster mode, while also making it feel less suicidal to be transformed. To that end we're testing stuff like increased spread and removing headshots, but taking less damage while transformed.

Self-Repair - We've been testing a few big changes to this that are feeling really good so far. Currently our internal build has Bastion able to use Self-Repair while moving and also having it no longer interrupted when taking damage. To balance that out it is now on a resource system (similar to the route D.Va's defense matrix went). These changes have turned this ability from a more niche rarely used ability, to a much more powerful and core survivability tool.

What do you mean? There are plenty of ways to block hook, or at least negate it from killing you or your teammate.
Even when a hooked landed on a Mei it wasn't a one shot unless she was already low, if I spammed ice block Id get it off and be hit by only a portion of RHs shotgun, usually around 110 dmg. Now I just get one shot....

Even when a hooked landed on a Mei it wasn't a one shot unless she was already low, if I spammed ice block Id get it off and be hit by only a portion of RHs shotgun, usually around 110 dmg. Now I just get one shot....

Yes, that was due to the Hook interaction with Mei's hitbox. Mei, Genji, Ana, and others would most usually be placed not directly in front of Roadhog, even on a well placed Hook. This meant you could survive the "spread" of the shotgun to Ice Block.

Now if you're within LOS and don't break it as the hook connects, and the Roadhog doesn't break LOS on his end, you'll most likely end up right in front and then die.

But there are ways to block it / prevent the death still, most of them requiring baiting a hook while you're moving into LOS, or another teammate.

Mostly when I play Lucio if I hear someone getting hooked I will boop the Roadhog to affect the landing position of my teammate.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Any news on a Roadhog nerf?
I think they should reduce the reach of his hook, so he has to "get in" and receive some shots when engaging:
  • Staying away
  • Hooking someone, 1 shot kill him
  • Heal
  • HAHAHA! voice line
  • Ultimate

Sullichin

Bastion is the bane of bronze though.

Yep, i've been there. Was in gold last season, placed in bronze after winning 7/10 of my matches, but have crawled back out.

Bastion is a popular pick for when your team loses horribly on offense. They think the Bastion will change the game but as soon as you kill him once it's game over.

RemiLP

*sigh* From a season high of 3119 at the end of December it's been a progressive free fall ever since. :(

At this rate, I'll be back in Gold by the end of the week... T.T

wait, am i reading this correct?

Your win rate has always been well above 50%, and still, your dropping SR like a rock?

How does that make sense?

antitrop

Infuriating when I lose more SR than I gain for winning.
The streak system is bullshit. Your Overwatch did a video on it a few days ago, but I've felt that way since day 1. Such an emphasis on streaks makes the whole ranking system more luck-based than it should be.

Paltheos

Play footsies with him.

Yeah, man. As Rein, for example, allot of Hogs will slam Shift the instant they see your shield is low and you drop it, but I make a point of lowering and then bringing it right up again to bait hooks. I'll sometimes hop or make some other deliberate-looking move along with it so they don't catch on that they were baited. This is at Plat though so higher ranked Hogs may be a bit more cognizant.

AbaFadi

Banned
How is it even possible to loose 50 SR after losing a game, but only net 20 SR for winning a match.

You should only lose 50 if you disconnect or you're on the longest losing streak. Either that or the SR difference was huge, but that shouldn't be the case most of the time.

Tidalwave

This isn't new. It depends on how well he aimed that first shot.

Yeah, man. As Rein, for example, allot of Hogs will slam Shift the instant they see your shield is low and you drop it, but I make a point of lowering and then bringing it right up again to bait hooks. I'll sometimes hop or make some other deliberate-looking move along with it so they don't catch on that they were baited. This is at Plat though so higher ranked Hogs may be a bit more cognizant.

Yup. I usually peek around corners to bait the hook and then go in. Roadhog is actually really shitty without the hook. His damage outside of very specific ranges is awful.

The streak system is bullshit. Your Overwatch did a video on it a few days ago, but I've felt that way since day 1. Such an emphasis on streaks makes the whole ranking system more luck-based than it should be.

Explains why I've been at 2800 for like a month now lol. Every time I hit 2825 or so I seem to lose and then have to win to get back to 2800. Heck even grouping with people more than 15 SR out of my range is risky due to losses taking off 5-10 more SR than normal when I solo Queue.

Like for example, there's a guy on my friends list who peaked at 2550 or so, and now he's closer to 2300. He always invites me to play comp with him but at 2750-2825 I can't risk losing those games because that would lose me way too much SR.

It's not worth the risk. Heck, even playing with the GAF stack the other day we went 50-50 and I came up positive like 20 SR but a couple guys lost like 30 SR from it.

Blues1990

Streak is def shitty. Why can't people just have a set amount of points they get when they win or lose.
Agreed, regardless of class. It pisses me off that the Support Heroes get less SR per win, as I had noticed this when switching from Mei/Zarya in a series of five games to Ana/Zenyatta in another set of five.

For those Bastion notes, can someone explain this, please:

To balance that out it is now on a resource system (similar to the route D.Va's defense matrix went)

I've only been playing since Xmas, this seems before my time

LiK

Agreed, regardless of class. It pisses me off that the Support Heroes get less SR per win, as I had noticed this when switching from Mei/Zarya in a series of five games to Ana/Zenyatta in another set of five.

Yea, a win is a win. I don't get their logic at all when it comes to SR points.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I want Bastion to be able to roll over from side to side like the Star Fox Landmaster when in turret mode.

It would probably be broken, but it would look cute.

FUCK. I forgot about this. Screwed me over so hard Season 1.

For those Bastion notes, can someone explain this, please:

To balance that out it is now on a resource system (similar to the route D.Va's defense matrix went)

I've only been playing since Xmas, this seems before my time

D.Va's defense matrix has a "meter" that recharges if you aren't using it, but lets you toggle it on/off to save the meter so you don't have to wait as long for it to fully recharge the "meter".

Before D.Va's defense matrix used to just be on for 3-4 seconds then had a cooldown.

They want to make Bastion's healing like that, but allow him to move while healing as well.

RemiLP

Like for example, there's a guy on my friends list who peaked at 2550 or so, and now he's closer to 2300. He always invites me to play comp with him but at 2750-2825 I can't risk losing those games because that would lose me way too much SR.

Isnt it the group rating that mathers, and not your individual compared to them?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Finally solo-queued my way into Platinum. So many times I was one game away and got a horrible team. Finally got a good one for that crucial match. 15 hours of Zenyatta this season FTW.

rulerk1

Wow Bastion is so annoying on Anubis point b if no one deals with him. Come to think of it I've never lost with a bastion on point b defense

Jellie

How much are you getting/losing for each?

I get about 30 when I play support and 25 when playing DPS/tanks.

On an unrelated note, practicing some Lucio BM.
AN3RXLw.gif

Need to get a highlight intro though.

Blues1990

Yea, a win is a win. I don't get their logic at all when it comes to SR points.

Me neither. I love playing the Support & Tank Heroes, but day by day it's becoming less fun in Competitive Mode. I want to be Zarya, Ana, Lucio, Mei, Zenyatta, &/or Reinhardt, but the DPS & snipers have such a hard on with those characters that it's becoming increasingly difficult to tolerate/cooperate with them.

I want Bastion to be able to roll over from side to side like the Star Fox Landmaster when in turret/tank mode.

It would probably be broken, but it would look cute.

I'm looking forward to try out the new Bastion changes in the upcoming PTR, as I want to play with the Defense Heroes that are not the chubby Chinese climtologist-type WITHOUT feeling helpless.

FUCK. I forgot about this. Screwed me over so hard Season 1.

D.Va's defense matrix has a "meter" that recharges if you aren't using it, but lets you toggle it on/off to save the meter so you don't have to wait as long for it to fully recharge the "meter".

Before D.Va's defense matrix used to just be on for 3-4 seconds then had a cooldown.

They want to make Bastion's healing like that, but allow him to move while healing as well.

ah, gotcha. cool, these sounds like positive improvements for Bastion.

was on a losing streak in QP last night. I went through 4 games all losses and was chasing a win so I could end on a high note. High note indeed, all night I was avoiding my mains (I let other players pick first, I'm flexible) but because of the losing streak I said F it and picked Soldier 76, my top guy. I ended up getting the Trophy for 4 kills 1 tactical visor which also got me play of the game. I also got a lucky kill with the missiles, I shot it into a crowd but enemy Tracer unknowingly teleported straight into it from off screen, I didn't even know she was there and she never saw it coming.

I found out the hard way that Tracer's ultimate can kill her as well. I stuck a Mei and failed on escaping, I rarely use Tracer and I forgot to run. It killed us both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom