• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck the dva nerf, all I ever hear now is some monkey dva player spamming "I need healing" over and over. I so want to slam that fucking button up her arse.

This is the dark side to people being meta slaves. You got a lot people who got boosted from slam picking dva and are now death spiraling back down when the patch shifts. I remember the carnage in dota 2 after 6.83 ended and all the sniper and troll warlord spammers kept ruining games for months after icefrog nuked their mmreal ticket from orbit.

Oh, guess I'm not positioning myself right.

You can also use the center of some points as a cover if you crouch (Anubis A and Volskaya B for example). Don't know if it works with characters like Roadhog though, since they are so big. This assuming the bomb is at ground level of course.

They updated Mei's new skin. (Taken from the OW forums)

dZNyDp7.jpg

Oddly not in the patch note.

I see like no difference, she still has a tabletop for a butt. You can set drinks on that thing.

Jesus, I never noticed how giant her butt was before.

I demand someone with better photoshop skills than I to put Mei's head on that famous Kim Kardashian cover with the glass of champagne on her butt. It just feels right.

Blues1990

I see like no difference, she still has a tabletop for a butt. You can set drinks on that thing.

Which is weird, as the tank is properly attached to her back when using her emotes. But here, it isn't, and there is still some weird collision detection going on.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay the original was oddly tight around the waist but I don't think the "new" is particularly fat compared to the other characters so as to be some big example of "body diversity" as people had apparently loved Mei for prior to this mini-scandal. She's a shawty, but that's the only real difference I see.

antitrop

Okay the original was oddly tight around the waist but I don't think the "new" is particularly fat compared to the other characters so as to be some big example of "body diversity" as people had apparently loved Mei for prior to this mini-scandal. She's a shawty, but that's the only real difference I see.

Her other skins don't look like that, though

No tabletop ass and the tank doesn't look like it's just floating in midair:

dbcyNOQ.png

Dice

Well the clothing on other skins is very thick protective gear, so with those I don't think one can speak to her physical form with any certainty. I do agree that the tank should appear "strapped in" somehow.

Zakalwe

Banned
So I just picked up D.VA (post nerf). I was never interested before but I got her skin so I figured I'd show it off for a while...

And she's easily in my main trio of picks now.

She's an absolute force if you play her aggressively, I've turned the tied of battle with her far more often than with my other two picks (Solider/Zen). Being sneaky with her boost is one of the most enjoyable things I've found in game. Sneaking up on snipers, flanking around the pack, sending your ult over a wall behind enemy lines...

She's definitely replacing Sombra as my third for now.

Was she really so much stronger before?

Ramirez

So I just picked up D.VA (post nerf). I was never interested before but I got her skin so I figured I'd show it off for a while...

She's an absolute force if you play her aggressively, I've turned the tied of battle with her far more often than with my other two picks (Solider/Zen). Being sneaky with her boost is one of the most enjoyable things I've found in game. Sneaking up on snipers, flanking around the pack, sending your ult over a wall behind enemy lines...

If you think she's an absolute force right now, I don't know if your brain could have handled her pre nerf.

Just got a play of the game with Reinhardt on a relatively harmless elimination. Apparently I saved a teammate without knowing it, thus POTG.

A guy on the other team was pissed he didn't get it for something or the other. Oh well.

Dice

So awesome when someone on your team is using an absolute garbage connection so it's a slideshow for everyone else.

Edit: Strike that. Seems to be whatever server the CTF Gardens level is on. Goes from 40ms round trip to completely unplayable whenever it comes up.

NeoRaider

It's really great how much better i am becoming with Ana. Had some great games today, both 3v3 (boxes) and QP mostly playing Ana. Had career best eliminations, dmg and healing with Mercy in the team.

It looks to me like that nerf did nothing really. And she is just so much fun, most fun support to play for me with Zen being 2nd.

And when i remember how bad i was when i started playing her... i could barely hit anyone. Maybe it's little strange but i prefer to play unscoped. I am playing unscoped with her like... 90% of the match.

She wasn't much stronger, she just had a ton of survivability and a lot less counters. She wasn't scurred of anything or anyone, I'm pretty sure D.Va mains forgot that the HP/Life bar existed during her regime. It was common to hear "I only died once/twice that whole match", or for a D.Va main to have gold damage every game (and still blame the DPS/healers for not doing their job).

Xzan

wait, am i reading this correct?

Your win rate has always been well above 50%, and still, your dropping SR like a rock?

How does that make sense?

Yep, as others have said, minimal gains from wins (typically 20 SR or less) while receiving larger penalties for losses (30-40 SR).

I also have a tendency to play on through losing streaks, if that's a factor.

antitrop

Pre-patch, she had 200 basic HP and 400 Armor HP, which is now reversed.

Armor blocks 5 damage from individual shots that deal 10 damage or more, or halves damage that does less than 10.

So the way that worked with D.Va in many matchups made her nearly invincible. Take Reaper, for example: his shotgun shoots 20 pellets per shot that deal 7 damage each at closest range. Armor just fucks that shit all up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yep, as others have said, minimal gains from wins (typically 20 SR or less) while receiving larger penalties for losses (30-40 SR).

I also have a tendency to play on through losing streaks, if that's a factor.

As someone who has the same tendency, don't do that.

I need to remind myself that chasing a win after 10 losses is not a good thing.

Signing off on a loss sucks though...

Out of all the mp games I've played excessively over the years(TLoU, Destiny, Uncharted 4), I've never been teabagged as much as I have in Overwatch.
Actually, combine every other mp games I've ever played and it still wouldn't equal to all the teabaggings in Overwatch.

xaosslug

you absolutely cannot play D.Va aggressively anymore. It's a damn mess. You have to stay w/ your group or you're dead.

it was dump that they gave her 100hp, because she was fine w/ 400ar and 100hp pre-buff. Now, she's a joke. And all because Ana turned her into a monster, and Blizz refuses to seriously look @ Ana because they don't want her out of the meta.

You cant stand on the payload either, shatter is dumb tbh.

Stairs too, those can be hit or miss. I think a formal mechanics documentation or some testing to show what knocks you down and what doesn't would be nice.

dont play while tilted

This. However I used to tilt super hard, now I work on not even getting tilted so I can keep playing and grind out those wins.

It's rough when the first minute of a match has multiple people complaining about previous matches, comps, etc. though.

antitrop

Out of all the mp games I've played excessively over the years(TLoU, Destiny, Uncharted 4), I've never been teabagged as much as I have in Overwatch.
Actually, combine every other mp games I've ever played and it still wouldn't equal to all the teabaggings in Overwatch.
Same.

I love teabagging, though, so I find it hilarious. I love when people teabag me and I sure as shit teabag them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom