• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not a troll pick though. Envyus was bringing back reaper to great effect even when people say that he's unplayable.

People get way too hung up about the "meta" to realise that it might not apply to what they're playing, and it also might not be as rigid as they think it is.

envyus is also just plain better than like 99% of all teams out there. watching some of the more even teams play reaper just shows off how awful he is when he gets pile drived by anas and their tank squads.

I'm curious how seasonal stuff is going to work in year 2. I've gotten pretty much everything I wanted from every event minus a few exceptions. If it's anything like WoW's holiday events, I can't imagine them adding too much if anything for next years events. Just reusing the old ones. I guess we'll see though.

I imagine we'll get a similar amount of cosmetics but for different characters. Maybe Widow will get a Lunar New Year legendary skin next year, and maybe Soldier will get a golfing skin for the next Summer Games. But I'm not sure about the events, might stay the same.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
envyus is also just plain better than like 99% of all teams out there. watching some of the more even teams play reaper just shows off how awful he is when he gets pile drived by anas and their tank squads.

But I doubt you're playing against people that play at that level consistently.

I dunno, I still see reapers doing work. I don't think most of us are at the level where we're minmaxing through our picks and can't get by through just playing characters we're the best at as long as we pay attention to team comp and how the match is flowing.

Ramirez

Me and a group of randoms just held the final KR checkpoint for 5 mins with Soldier, McCree, Ana, Zen, Mei, and Torb. What the fuck?

Wanderer5

Lol, at the control center part of the map for CTF, the other team had a Bastion for defense who had their back from the enterance to the balcony, so I was coming in as Pharah from there and was able to get them off guard, while then a friendly Tracer came in to get the flag.XD

So Bastion is about to get some big changes.

http://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-is-...source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

- More focus on tank and barrier busting
- Less spread on bullets when in Recon Mode
- Less damage taken when in Sentry Mode
- Removal of Headshot critical
- Can still heal while taking hit and while moving, now has a meter (think Dva's defense matrix)

Removing headshots from bastion is the testing grounds for readjusting hitscan in general I think. This is a good sign.

ricelord

Wanderer5

Woo got 9 wins for arcade mode for the week. Been enjoying a few rounds of 3v3 alongside CTF.

Obtained Reinhardt's new skin lol, so now that is 4 skins from this event, three being legendary. RNG is so inconsistent, but no D.Va yet. D:

Ramirez

I just cracked 3900, I'd be happy if I could hit GM by myself, I know top 500 would require a ridiculous string of luck.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
More focus on barrier bursting?
but he already does it so quickly?
Like Reinhardt's isn't instant but he shreds every other barrier in seconds. Winston's lasts for a nano second with Bastion shooting it

antitrop

98RfakT.png

It blows my mind how long it takes people to drop from the high ground and try to hold at server room.

So many wait until the payload is 10m from the checkpoint before they stop spawn camping.

This exactly. Or they'll ignore the scaffolding around the checkpoint. Or they'll ignore the fact that server room exists. It just seems like 75% of the games I play on Gibraltar end up with both teams whiffing defense until the second half of Hangar.

im trying to understand how i lost 50 points as underdog?

Just like you can win streak, "loss streaking" is also a thing iirc. Besides that I have no clue.

pizzacat

Banned
This exactly. Or they'll ignore the scaffolding around the checkpoint. Or they'll ignore the fact that server room exists. It just seems like 75% of the games I play on Gibraltar end up with both teams whiffing defense until the second half of Hangar.

Just like you can win streak, "loss streaking" is also a thing iirc. Besides that I have no clue.

it was my first game of the day

Ramirez

Sombra is such a fun and interesting character, wish she were more viable. The delay in performing an action out of stealth feels really bad.

The problem with Rein is that nothing can reliably block his ult except for another Rein and he will always get ridiculous value off of it.

If one team uses him, it feels like the other team has to as well.
I think it would be good if it was actually possible to react to it, so that Rein yells "HAMMER" just before slamming so that defensive abilities could actually be of some use rather than needing a perpetual shield.

Removing headshots from bastion is the testing grounds for readjusting hitscan in general I think. This is a good sign.
Hopefully!

Sombra is such a fun and interesting character, wish she were more viable. The delay in performing an action out of stealth feels really bad.
What I don't like about using her is the teleporter, because the timer on it puts a lot of pressure on making an immediate play. I'd prefer if it was permanent or had much more time available, but destroyable.

pizzacat

Banned
have had 3 widows/hanzos in the last 3 matches and lost all 3 of them went from 3020 something to 2857

wont stop till i win

paired with a gold and 2 unrankeds one of them plays bastion a lot hahaha

i bet this shit doesnt happen to any twitch streamers

Xzan

As someone who has the same tendency, don't do that.

I need to remind myself that chasing a win after 10 losses is not a good thing.

Signing off on a loss sucks though...

I hear you. Fortunately, I don't tilt, I just never want to give up.

Its something that transfers into my gameplay and is one of the things I'm consciously working onto avoid staggering since I'm often one of the last to die in a team fight (<3 Zarya).

I presume streaks penalties and bonuses are a factor of time rather than simply restarting Overwatch or rebooting your console/PC?

Xux

Jeeze, I am bad at Reinhardt. Good to know you can shield while you're getting Graviton Surged, lol; that totally wasn't an embarassing PotG.

cyborg009

Banned
Played with a dude named Symmetra who played 134 hours of her this season.

She was able to teleport 30 freaking people in match of kings row.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Mystery Heroes I feel is suspect of whatever algorithm or algorithms they use

Too many times now I've seen stacked Tanks while the disadvantaged Attacking side gets railroaded

2 Roadies, 3 D.Va's, 1 Zenyatta on Defend on Hanamura

Attack, 2 Hanzo's, 3 Mercy, 1 Junkrat

Then the game gave us our first tank 2.5 minutes in, Winston, they all had ultimates, we killed 1 Road, game gives them a Reinhardt

ARE YOU FUCCKING KIDDING ME!

Seriously, mystery heroes sometimes stacks the ever living shit out of the same Hero, they need to remove same Hero to be picked more than once until that Hero dies, their out of the choosing pool

I just ate the loss, went to Random Brawls and went on a 7 game winning streak

I shouldn't get upset, but its not fun just dieing over and over and not getting to do anything for 5 minutes

0 Boxes bought
Closing in on 20 Loot boxes

Only missing Ana, Bastion, Junkrat, D.Va, Winston, and Mei's Red version (Luna)

Really want D.Va and Winston, don't really need to spend credits, keep saving the 10.5K I have until I get desperate and not earn those 2 before event is up

pizzacat

Banned
"let me go bastion to delete the rein shield"

"ive literally never heard of that working"

doesnt work

we start steamrolling after i get 3 picks

he goes bastion again at last point in kings row

we lose

btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom