• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

What's this 300mb patch?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753275781

BUG FIXES:

General
Fixed a bug that allowed the flag to get stuck outside the standard gameplay boundaries in Capture the Rooster
Fixed a bug that allowed Competitive Matches to continue indefinitely
Fixed a bug that allowed Tracer and Mei to reach unintended locations outside the standard gameplay boundaries on several maps
Fixed a bug preventing Reinhardt's shield from displaying cracks at low health when the Wujing skin was equipped

Still didn't fix the KOTH toggle glitch. :(

darklin0

Banned
Same.

I love teabagging, though, so I find it hilarious. I love when people teabag me and I sure as shit teabag them.
786.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
>Be Reinhardt
>Spam Group Up With Me!
>Watch All of Your DPS Stay Shooting At The Front Fucking Gate of Anubis

oh and our lucio spent our entire attack phase arguing with someone until the last minute

Veelk

Banned
It's days like today that make me believe that a friendly fire feature would be a wonderful and cathartic addition to the game just so I can help the enemy slaughter my useless team mates.

antitrop

It's so weird how many people don't know how to play Defense on Gibraltar.
It blows my mind how long it takes people to drop from the high ground and try to hold at server room.

So many wait until the payload is 10m from the checkpoint before they stop spawn camping.

So I got bored at work and decided to make a tier list.

T0iqfpd.png

This is based on my own experiences and how I feel/see heroes doing at higher levels of play:

S tier: Can adapt and perform well against any comp/situation. Lucio's backwards wall ride vastly improves his maneuverability and survival options. Eveything else for the hero, including speedboost and sb are invaluable to this day. Roadhog at higher levels of play has too many tools to be a huge asset. As long as there is a shielding tank, he is nearly unstoppable when played well. The counters to his hook are shredded by right click, hooking and killing has become so consistent 200 hp heroes will never survive and tanks will likely die immediately as well (ironically the damage out of hook means that if your dps works with you, you actually may want to hook first in a hog fight). In addition to dealing sizeable damage and one shotting at 10-12 m. He is almost a necessity on any team.

A tier: can be played in nearly any comp without needing to switch to remain effective. Mei is iffy to me, but I do believe that her damage output/cc/shielding is far too good to ever consider her a detriment to the team. On the whole this tier shouldn't be too surprising other than Mei. The heavy reductions to D.Va have brought McCree back, and while he is not as good as 76 in many comps, he excels more against dives focusing on Winston/Tracer over Soldier. Ana remains the best healer in the game.

B tier: can be very effective most of the time but requires some synergy and possible switching if situations turn sour. Winston is at the top of this tier, as he has risen greatly with D.Va falling off the chart. Playing around Hog is not too bad for him, as long as he has support from other divers. Sombra in the third position is due to the massive buffs hack has received meaning more support to the team in actual fights. In addition, EMP still wins fights easily. An underrated hero, albeit one with one of the highest intellectual barriers. Reaper may rise more, but Hog actually makes life surprisingly difficult for him, esp with support and healing from Ana.

C Tier: heroes based on momentum. They can work if you are extremely proficient with them, but almost always have more preferable choices in most comps. Hanzo is above Widow as he has sonar arrow (whereas venom mine is near useless), can defend himself, and can provide more consistent damage and a more mobile team than Widow, who causes her team to play much more slowly and hope she can land shots. Mercy's res can turn things around, but so much hitscan makes her life much harder.

D Tier: extremely situational. D.Va was hit hard by the nerfs. Armor reduction means that soldier can tear through her with ease, she's less of a hard counter to winston, and she can't shield/stall nearly as well in the last few meters of a push. She also deals less damage overall and will generally not be able to get away in time while retaining mech. Junkrat remains purely situational in most matches. Torb, while still good, cannot fight off a tankier comp. In addition his turrets only serve to feed Zarya charge and are not as much use in a fight as they would be against squishier comps. Armor is nice, esp with Sym, but is generally not worth the trade off in dps and support slots.

F Tier: Bastion. When played at the same level as the other team, the team with Bastion will lose purely due to mobility and focused fire. Needs more tools. Hopefully the upcoming patch fixes this issue.

Again these are my views based on how I see the game/what I am seeing at the moment. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Pharah should be higher, people that want to lock in hitscan DPS should be required to pass a course on her.

Tracer is as high as she can be atm, I feel. There are just too many situations wherein she can just not survive long enough to perform adequately for that tier at the moment. She is still fantastic, but the threshold I view for A is that the hero is useable in just about any map in any situation. She just doesn't quite have that amount of versatility.

Pharah is interesting in that it is more a synergy thing. She needs Mercy to be able to work. If your team runs Mercy, Lucio is nearly mandatory, but he doesn't do as much healing nowadays. This causes overall team synergy to suffer. As it is, you have to dive super hard to get pharah to work, and there are honestly better divers who can get the same reward for less risk at the moment.

Roubjon

These Sombras with 15 minutes or less competitive time played keep showing up on my teams and it's getting annoying. I have no qualms with anybody picking any hero, but at least know how to play the character.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Game doesn't want me to have a loot box so bad that I finally get a 3rd game that will be a win instead of a draw and it crashes in the last 20 seconds.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, I'm gonna say it. I preferred the tank meta to whats going on now. It's not that I want tanks to rain supreme and agree that Ana is still the best and most annoying healer, but now everything dies too quick. D.Va's mech is made of paper mache, everybody playing Roadhog instakills nearly everyone (I know on higher levels this happened, but not everybody knew about RH's intricacies so often had a decent chance of surviving), and Soldier is still a fucking asshole that shouldn't have been buffed in the first place.

I might have a skewed perspective on things because I've been on a hard losing streak with some of the worst series of teammates I've ever had over the last few days. I've had worse teammates than what I have here on average, but I've never had them one after another like this. I'm just not having a fun time with the game right now, which is annoying because I love this event and want to get all the costumes. But I think in 6 hours of playing today, I had one single win except for Random Heroes, is almost 100% based on pure luck.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Remember the zen meta?

I agree that damage in general is kinda too high in this game but seriously the TtK is now is nothing like the zen meta.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
He's not a troll pick though. Envyus was bringing back reaper to great effect even when people say that he's unplayable.

People get way too hung up about the "meta" to realise that it might not apply to what they're playing, and it also might not be as rigid as they think it is.

I do think they need to do something about Reinhardt. He is too good, by design, but nerfing his shield HP or anything like that would make him unfun to play. It already goes down in seconds if it's focused. But I just feel like things would be so much more dynamic without him.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Started at 2793(IIRC) today & worked my way up to 2864, hoping to get into Diamond for my 4th time now. Get this Sym guy twice and in 15 minutes I'm back down to 2803.

gj blizzard

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm curious how seasonal stuff is going to work in year 2. I've gotten pretty much everything I wanted from every event minus a few exceptions. If it's anything like WoW's holiday events, I can't imagine them adding too much if anything for next years events. Just reusing the old ones. I guess we'll see though.

The problem with Rein is that nothing can reliably block his ult except for another Rein and he will always get ridiculous value off of it.

If one team uses him, it feels like the other team has to as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom