• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxxsoxx

Yea, I learned to constantly switch between speed and healing. It's actually incredibly powerful constantly switching back and forth over and over.

Feel the rhythm!

I'm usually on speed then switch to healing to pop quick heals when the boost is up. Works pretty well, unfortunately a lot keep healing up constantly.

pizzacat

Banned
just lost this attack on eichen against junkrat symm mei and some more shit haha

this game must think im not serious about this not stopping till i win

darklin0

Banned
I am pretty sure all of you complaining, about Hog's hook length, have never known his full range.

With the changes to how the Hook's line of sight works, Hogs can't sit around cover and ambush that easily. Which in turn made it feel like hogs area of hook seem a lot smaller. The change is forcing a lot more hogs to play in the open thus creating this effect of "his hook is somehow longer now."

pizzacat

Banned
2645 im pretty sure this game isnt even doing its math correctly its not like my winning streaks have me winning the 50 points i lost on anubis

ya thats a 60 point loss

lol

xaosslug

So Bastion is about to get some big changes.

http://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-is-...source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

- More focus on tank and barrier busting
- Less spread on bullets when in Recon Mode
- Less damage taken when in Sentry Mode
- Removal of Headshot critical
- Can still heal while taking hit and while moving, now has a meter (think Dva's defense matrix)

wow... Blizz just does not give a fuck about the lower ranks, do they? Bastion will now be the defacto "tool" to climb out of the bottom ranks. I mean gold/lower-plat can barely deal with him as he is now. These kinds of buffs are gonna turn him into a nightmare.

meanwhile, D.Va gets nerfed into the groud. RIP in peace.

xaosslug

Gold/lower plat can barely deal with him?

He's still considered nearly a troll pick in those ranks.

on console? Last season when I fell into gold and began my climb back up so many times Bastion would just completely cripple my team, because peeps don't work together.

pizzacat

Banned
I think that in itself should be enough proof to send the blizzard so they can finally fix how the sr works :)

Why have points when the only way youll get up or down is by streaks might as well just have that thing sfiv had where you had to win games in a row to get that weird rank up

another win :)

on console? Last season when I fell into gold and began my climb back up so many times Bastion would just completely cripple my team, because peeps don't work together.

It's because like 90% of the player population are complete morons. It's not hard to shut down Bastion if you have half a brain, sadly the majority the player base doesn't even possess that.

cyborg009

Banned
You kind of learn to judge it at some point, but now he's kind of a zoning tank in a way.
Yes I know that.. but the recent patch made his range increase

xI9naXk.jpg

The red being roadhog and green is me.
edit: I kind of messed up my red dot but he wasn't too close to the well.

It was even worst on Ilios(ruins ) where I was hooked when I was near the statue and he was under the bridge platforms. I can't find a good overhead view of the ruins map.

I got killed last game at a point where I thought I was safe from his hook, but nope

^

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I still kinda consider torb to be one.

He's a real flip of the coin. And the coin has nothing to do with the torb players, but more on how disorganised the enemy team is.

RemiLP

Yep, as others have said, minimal gains from wins (typically 20 SR or less) while receiving larger penalties for losses (30-40 SR).

I also have a tendency to play on through losing streaks, if that's a factor.

wow, that is so obviously a broken system! I never knew it was this bad. How can blizzard be happy with that?

Junkrats? I have a hard time in general finding people who don't type like gibbering lunatic degenerates in games and game communities.

But Rickenslacker you have to understand. We all need the topkek lulz harambe pepefrog memerinos kappakappakappa.
I feel disgusted with myself now and am going to take a very hot shower to scrub that filth off.

Jellie

With Lucio, is it best to stay in speed boost or to balance it more so you can get sound barriers since speed doesn't build ult but healing does? I think I speed too much and I don't get enough sound barriers because of it.

no it does not.

But it showed that he alaywas had a winrate above 50%, and usually well above that.

How can that result is such a massive SR drop?

I posted here before that when my W/L ratio was at 50% my SR dropped 300 points compared to where I placed. Someone said that it could be because I played with groups but I had a few games solo after that and it was the same situation.

I'm going to assume that it's tied to streaks, like for example 5 losses in a row, followed by 3 wins, loss, and another 3 wins. Still 50/50, but the losing streak was longer. My rank also had a really huge boost when I got a 9-win streak, I was gaining 50-70 points per win compared to the usual 20-30.

It's luck based more than anything. I'm checking a lot of profiles lately while playing QP/arcade and it's surprising to see so many people with drops around 700-800SR, usually from master/grandmaster to diamond. It doesn't help that there's still a lot of trolls playing comp ruining games for everyone. My winning streak ended when I got a Roadhog on my team trying to hook people while jumping off the map lol, but I also won others with people throwing in the enemy team. It's a shitfest basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom