• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
This probably speaks to my bitterness concerning the lack of event skins I've gotten, but I gotta ask.

Do people like sprays?

Because I'm level 50, and I never even bothered learning how to actually use them.
Sprays are fine. Some of them are funny or cute and I don't mind getting more.

Shitty player icons are the real filler of this game.

I just feel like ranked is a royal waste of time.

My season 2 stats:
iqncwEh.png

The current season:
mvpj7ip.png

As far as I'm concerned this 50/50 matchmaking is sucking all the fun out of competitive. It's not like it feels fair or balanced, because most matches around platinum rank feel like a unbalanced mess anyway. It actually feels like the game is purposefully matchmaking you with people on lose streaks or win streaks just to artificially keep everyone at that 50/50 w/l rate. It doesn't seem to encourage well balanced tiers of players, it only seems to put 20% of the players at the bottom and 20% at the top, with the middle 60% being stuck in place at a arbitrary rank since the 50/50 matchmaking just keeps you locked in place.

That's just my two cents on it. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I feel this is what ruins (solo q) competitive the most for me.

Mathematically you should naturally approach a 50% win/loss rate as you start to match with people at your rank unless you and your team are truly the best around. If you're at 50/50 then matchmaking is working properly. I don't understand how this so universally difficult for players to understand regardless of the game.

DevilDog

MrPanic

Mathematically you should naturally approach a 50% win/loss rate as you start to match with people at your rank unless you and your team are truly the best around. If you're at 50/50 then matchmaking is working properly. I don't understand how this so universally difficult for players to understand regardless of the game.

Like I said in a previous followup post, the whole point of my post is that I argue that it actually occurs naturally in this game, instead the matchmaking tries to force it on people regardless of rank causing mismatched players being stuck in the same rank. Look at that post if you're interested in this argument.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like I said in a previous followup post, the whole point of my post is that I argue that it actually occurs naturally in this game, instead the matchmaking tries to force it on people regardless of rank causing mismatched players being stuck in the same rank. Look at that post if you're interested in this argument.

Is it though? Or just perception?

Honestly you look at the top players of the game they all range from 50%< to 90% winrates, so if you're good enough you should be able to surpass it.

MrPanic

Is it though? Or just perception?

Honestly you look at the top players of the game they all range from 50%< to 90% winrates, so if you're good enough you should be able to surpass it.

I think I'm just gonna give up this argument since no one seems to be willing to actually read the previous posts I made about it.

Also, I'm gonna give up on comp for today, there's some extreme salt going on tonight. Lots of raging in the chat, lots of talk about people hacking, no idea what's going on today.

There really isn't anything more toxic than someone complaining about another someone playing certain characters.

Then whining about it the entire match.

I've been stuck at two wins in arcade for the past three days and in the last 10 matches I've had at least four golds. I just want that damn D.Va skin.

DevilDog

People have a hard time looking outside of themselves. Especially if they don't have a good understanding of the game.

They will always want their mains to be more powerful.

Veelk

Banned
I was about to make a post about how I'm not finding the game fun anymore and how I keep getting nothing but bad matches and think maybe I'm just gonna finally put the game down.

Then I get a fantastic neck and neck match in comp.

t3evzz4gbm7gql9u3x2t.gif

Isn't that the problem though? Let's assume you start at 0 SR, you can dominate individually like crazy, but the game will always try to force you to be 50/50, therefore most games, your team may have the best player (you) but players ranked 2-7 are all on the other team. That setup makes it incredibly difficult to win.

Sucks for people who want the game to be trash indeed.

Roadhog needs even more nerfs to his hook.

What's trash is that a legitimate skillful move has all but been removed from the game to appease whiners.

Roadhog hook is too easy to dodge for me to care. I die to his friggin' alt fire and Ults more, lol

I've never had an issue with it myself and I mostly play as Hanzo. Yeah, it sucked when you get hooked when you think it ought to be impossible, but once you got used to it and understood how it worked, it became way easier to dodge.

It's funny how only roadhog mains think he doesn't deserve any changes ever.

I don't main Roadhog, at all. I'm just - or, was - very good at hooking people, especially with jumping.

Skii

What's trash is that a legitimate skillful move has all but been removed from the game to appease whiners.

Legitimate skillful move? Lmfao.

I could do it easily and I'm absolutely terrible at Roadhog.

There is nothing fair about exploiting geometry and LOS to get instant kills for the other player who literally cant see you.

Nimby

Banned
How much healing do you think Sombra gets on average in a team built around her? Hard to gauge in QP because I feel like I'm the only one using her hacked healthpacks.

I wonder if she is better suited taking a support slot than a DPS slot?

LiK

How much healing do you think Sombra gets on average in a team built around her? Hard to gauge in QP because I feel like I'm the only one using her hacked healthpacks.

I wonder if she is better suited taking a support slot than a DPS slot?

I think the community considers her to be Support but Blizzard will never move her into that slot.

DevilDog

The only whiner here is you, everyone who demanded changes were right. Try and one shot people with your main fire, at least that demands skill.

And it's not over, that shit needs even more nerfs, anything that is as easy to land as the hook should not be able to one shot anything. Not when its on a fucking 6 second cooldown.

Legitimately skillfull. Rofl.

There is nothing fair about exploiting geometry and LOS to get instant kills for the other player who literally cant see you.

Yeah, it's not enough that it can insta kill and its easy to land, he wants to be out of sight too while doing it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Isn't that the problem though? Let's assume you start at 0 SR, you can dominate individually like crazy, but the game will always try to force you to be 50/50, therefore most games, your team may have the best player (you) but players ranked 2-7 are all on the other team. That setup makes it incredibly difficult to win.

This seems incredibly presumptuous on your performance and the performance of your team.

Anne

I think the community considers her to be Support but Blizzard will never move her into that slot.

Kaplan actually said her intended design is to be played more like a support than a straight damage dealer.

I wish they would redo the categories so healers and supports are different things.

Today in lootboxes I got Zen and Winston and Symmetra. Last night I got the white Mei. Day one I got DVa.

My luck this event has been &#128079;

I have 2700 coins so even if the worst happens in terms of lootbox luck I should still be able to buy Rein.

Kaplan actually said her intended design is to be played more like a support than a straight damage dealer.

I wish they would redo the categories so healers and supports are different things.
I saw one theory which suggested that characters are currently categorised via ult use.

All the offense characters have offensive ults - even Sombra's is designed to initiate a push.

This theory also explains why Symm is in support despite most of her kit suggesting she is a defense character.

maomaoIYP

Today in lootboxes I got Zen and Winston and Symmetra. Last night I got the white Mei. Day one I got DVa.

My luck this event has been &#128079;

I have 2700 coins so even if the worst happens in terms of lootbox luck I should still be able to buy Rein.

I've gotten 3 legendaries so far, only 1 of which was event related. :(
However I do have Ana, Mercy (both skin and highlight), Tracer, Bastion and Roadhog.

Yeah, it's a skillful move to time a run and jump off a platform to pull down a Pharah from the sky.

I bet you find it easy to get hook shots with Widow as well.

The only whiner here is you, everyone who demanded changes were right. Try and one shot people with your main fire, at least that demands skill.

And it's not over, that shit needs even more nerfs, anything that is as easy to land as the hook should not be able to one shot anything. Not when its on a fucking 6 second cooldown.

Legitimately skillfull. Rofl.

You sound ridiculously butt hurt, and that's coming from someone that came into this thread for the sole purposing of having a moan. Jesus Christ, what is your problem? Disagree if you must, don't be a prick about it.

LiK

yea, that would be a good idea. maybe in the future.

Yeah, it's a skillful move to time a run and jump off a platform to pull down a Pharah from the sky.

I bet you find it easy to get hook shots with Widow as well.

You sound ridiculously butt hurt, and that's coming from someone that came into this thread for the sole purposing of having a moan. Jesus Christ, what is your problem? Disagree if you must, don't be a prick about it.
The hitbox was like the size of a truck and it connected very easily so I don't think jump hooking was particularly hard tbh

DevilDog

I'm not the one who came in here calling everyone a whiner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom