• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

Did they fix Mei's LNY models yet? I haven't really played her since I got the Chang'e to notice.

I've been too busy staring into people's souls as Sanzoyatta.

LiK

Did they fix Mei's LNY models yet? I haven't really played her since I got the Chang'e to notice.

I've been too busy staring into people's souls as Sanzoyatta.

it's been fixed.

They updated Mei's new skin. (Taken from the OW forums)

dZNyDp7.jpg

Oddly not in the patch note.

rulerk1

you try to best avoid the hook but it somehow finds it way to you. I swear Roadhog is like an Executioner now. A sense of fear and dread come over me when I hear his steps but i cant see him. Hes a Bloodborne boss now

The hitbox was like the size of a truck and it connected very easily so I don't think jump hooking was particularly hard tbh

Taking into account how slow Roadhog is, the length of the chain and the timing required in a small window of time to throw it accurately while jumping upwards or off a platform, like say on Ecopoint: Antarctica, it can actually be fairly hard to pull it off, especially if you're dealing with evasive heroes like Pharah or Genji, or a Winston trying to escape.

I'm not the one who came in here calling everyone a whiner.

No, I came in to this thread complaining about a change.

You then said I was part of the group that wanted the game to be trash.

Then I referred to whiners. I didn't call you a whiner specifically, though going by your ridiculously aggressive posts, applying that label wouldn't be unjust.

You just compared landing a hook to getting a headshot as Widow...Hahahaha.

I compared catapulting yourself into the air to get a shot with jump and throwing the hook accurately.

Not sure whether you're implying that it was better before or that the original model was intentional but they changed it after complaints. Neither are true imo.
I think Anne's implying that there's still a modelling bug which is the weird flat plane where her robot sits on her costume

Edit: right there
You can see the texture is warped because some of the vertexes underneath her belt are lower than the next ring of vertexes which form the skirt.

They need to either lower the vertexes after the dip, or change the model a bit in order to smooth out the skirt shape.

I wonder how different the meta in general would be if the game supported 8v8 or some other number instead of 6v6.

Symmetra, Bastion and Widow would probably be used a lot more on any mode if that was the case. I could see Wall-Hacks, Teleporter/Shield Gen, and Bastion in general being really valuable.

Xux

This probably speaks to my bitterness concerning the lack of event skins I've gotten, but I gotta ask.

Do people like sprays?

Because I'm level 50, and I never even bothered learning how to actually use them.
If you play Winston and don't leave jars of peanut butter sprayed everywhere then you have a severe lack of understanding of the character.

Nimby

Banned
They could split the support category like this:

Utility

Lucio, Sombra, Symmetra*, Zenyatta

Symmetra is the only one of these who doesn't have a sustain ability outside of an ultimate.

Healer

Ana*, Mercy

Ana is mainly a healer, but also has tons of utility too.

pizzacat

Banned
Kaplan actually said her intended design is to be played more like a support than a straight damage dealer.

I wish they would redo the categories so healers and supports are different things.
I remember saying this around her launch and being laughed at

Maybe this was in discord? 🤔

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They could split the support category like this:

Utility

Lucio, Sombra, Symmetra*, Zenyatta

Symmetra is the only one of these who doesn't have a sustain ability outside of an ultimate.

Healer

Ana*, Mercy

Ana is mainly a healer, but also has tons of utility too.

Ana definitely has hella utility.

And Zen can heal his balls off.

Ana definitely has hella utility.

I don't like healing as Zen tbh, it feels way too slow to me. It takes literally half the time to heal people as Mercy and probably a quarter of the time as Ana, lol. I also don't like that unlike with those two, he has zero chance of sustaining a teammate through damage, which Ana can easily do and Mercy can at least attempt.

I wish I "got" him tho, as he seems like a fun character from a design perspective.

Nimby

Banned

Zen is kinda the exception, but he can't heal anywhere near Mercy/Ana levels outside of his ultimate. I think he would be more suited in the "utility" category. Of course he works fine with Lucio, and maybe Sombra as well.

ElyrionX

Like I said in a previous followup post, the whole point of my post is that I argue that it actually occurs naturally in this game, instead the matchmaking tries to force it on people regardless of rank causing mismatched players being stuck in the same rank. Look at that post if you're interested in this argument.

Every single thread on a competitive game with an Elo ranking system inevitably has these arguments on "forced" 50/50 win rates. And it always gets disproved repeatedly. Elo hell does exist but it is possible to break out if you're good enough and grind enough games.

The more probable case is, you're just not as good as you think you are.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Thing about zen is that it highly depends on your comp.

Have a zen/winston/tracer going in on deep dives? Zen can honestly do a lot more work than mercy and sometimes ana because his healing is more forgiving when it comes to LoS.

antitrop

I full-held a Competitive game on Hanamura solo-healing as Zen last season. I still have no idea how we did it, but we did it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I full-held a Competitive game on Hanamura solo-healing as Zen last season. I still have no idea how we did it, but we did it.

As long as you have a team of players smart enough to back off when they lose shield/are at half-hp, etc., you can solo heal as Zen, assuming the enemy isn't overwhelming you at the chokepoint. What you can't do is burst heal to save somebody who did something stupid, outside of your ult.

Playing Zen I often outheal Anas, simply because I'm sticking harmony on the divers before they go in.

Really enjoying Zen since I can spend most of the time pretending to be a DPS class while playing a hero nobody ever gives me shit for picking.

Every single thread on a competitive game with an Elo ranking system inevitably has these arguments on "forced" 50/50 win rates. And it always gets disproved repeatedly. Elo hell does exist but it is possible to break out if you're good enough and grind enough games.

The more probable case is, you're just not as good as you think you are.

^

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What does it mean when you've been diamond 3 times and everytime you were on your way up your team picks a comp that gets ran over and no matter how much healing you do you lose?

ELO hell?
Not as good as you think you are?
The system is working.jpg?

What does it mean when you've been diamond 3 times and everytime you were on your way up your team picks a comp that gets ran over and no matter how much healing you do you lose?

ELO hell?
thisgamesucks.png

LiK

ELO hell?

all of the above

ElyrionX

ELO hell?

It means that you've also won games against teams that had a guy who was "on his way up" but did not make it because his team picked a comp that will get ran over no matter how much healing he did.

The only whiner here is you, everyone who demanded changes were right. Try and one shot people with your main fire, at least that demands skill.

And it's not over, that shit needs even more nerfs, anything that is as easy to land as the hook should not be able to one shot anything. Not when its on a fucking 6 second cooldown.

Legitimately skillfull. Rofl.

Yeah, it's not enough that it can insta kill and its easy to land, he wants to be out of sight too while doing it.

Guys, just ignore him, he's clearly just trying to rile people up. Anything that goes against his belief he has to troll.

Let him be, he's going through some trying times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom