• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomaoIYP

What does it mean when you've been diamond 3 times and everytime you were on your way up your team picks a comp that gets ran over and no matter how much healing you do you lose?

ELO hell?
Not as good as you think you are?
The system is working.jpg?
It's just bad luck.
I almost hit 65 in season 1 when I had 9 back to back games in the same night where I had a quitter on my team. 9 losses in a row due to different people quitting. Improbable? Definitely. But it happened and it's just bad luck, not some divine intervention where I was assigned a team mate who was predisposed to quitting in 9 games in a row.

pizzacat

Banned
07FF270F731E4D278D164C4C7B4D554021CDB5C5

widow disapproved of my relationship with lucio :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Second placement match:

1) My Team does really well focusing down enemies and we trounce them to take objective.
2) As soon as we have control everyone splits off to get killed alone and we lose control and stay split up and staggering in instead of doing what worked the first time.

Repeat until we lose all rounds.

I wonder if I'll have the patience for 8 more of these just on the theory that it might lower my search times.

3rd match: All but one of my team were being placed and all but one of the other team were gold level. I think you can figure out how that went. Genius matchmaking algorithms.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Asked a DPS to switch to Soldier or McCree.

he went from pharah to junkrat
It's just bad luck.
I almost hit 65 in season 1 when I had 9 back to back games in the same night where I had a quitter on my team. 9 losses in a row due to different people quitting. Improbable? Definitely. But it happened and it's just bad luck, not some divine intervention where I was assigned a team mate who was predisposed to quitting in 9 games in a row.
It means that you've also won games against teams that had a guy who was "on his way up" but did not make it because his team picked a comp that will get ran over no matter how much healing he did.
At this point it's why I find myself just holding right-click with shield guy more often.

MrPanic

Every single thread on a competitive game with an Elo ranking system inevitably has these arguments on "forced" 50/50 win rates. And it always gets disproved repeatedly. Elo hell does exist but it is possible to break out if you're good enough and grind enough games.

The more probable case is, you're just not as good as you think you are.

Wow, never did I say I should be higher (or lower), nor did I say you can't break out of it. I actually specifically addressed it in the posts that clearly nobody reads.

Though what I find more disappointing than no one actually willing to read my posts, is that everyone just seems fine to just accept it's fine because it's a elo system so it should be 50/50, instead of having any interest in finding out what this particular elo system is doing different than other games with elo systems and how it's effecting the experience. I must be the only one apparently, but I almost played a infinite amount of other competitive games and almost none of those games throw me so consistently into unbalanced matches with people so much better or worse than their rank implies. Surely someone must be interested in finding out the game's deeper systems, or maybe this just isn't the kind of forum to have tech talks about this sort of thing.

Of course, more disappointing than anything are these damned lootboxes. I think I leveled about 60 times now (hit the lv500 as well, silver border incoming soon) and still haven't gotten anything I wanted. My luck with lootboxes hasn't been this bad in any event so far.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Conspiracy time.

They put more effort into the lny skins, this making prime want them more, and then drove down the chance to get them so people buy more lootboxes.

cyborg009

Banned
I wish when playing as sombra my hack health packs would show a timer when the hack is going to wear off. And for my teammates to see what packs I hacked.

Xux

I wish when playing as sombra my hack health packs would show a timer when the hack is going to wear off. And for my teammates to see what packs I hacked.
They should show packs through walls and show them harder when they're hacked by teammates.

No_Style

The more CTF I play, the more I like it. It compliments the normal game well.

Draws suck but I hardly see 0-0 draws. Lots of 1-1 or 2-2 with late equalizers.

Put $20 into lootboxes and got Bastion and Symmetra's LNY epic skins, as well as Mei's purple legendary skin. Then got D.Va's legendary skin from a level up loot box. So those, plus Mercy and Reinhardt's LNY skin as well as Roadhog and Mercy's intros are my haul so far, along with plenty of sprays/voice lines/player icons. Got two non-event legendaries as well (Arctic Zarya and Barbarossa Torb, eh). I have enough gold to get one legendary and one epic skin so I think if I don't get them by the end of the event I'll buy Winston's Wukong skin and Junkrat's LNY skin, and I'll be satisfied.

Definitely not going to buy any more lootboxes for this event, I'll just get whatever loot from the arcade/natural leveling up.

Fuck these loot boxes, I broke down and bought Symmetra's Qipao costume.

Should've waited until the final day.

I was lucky enough to get that the other day. And yesterday I was even luckier to get D.Va's. Now I don't have to drop 3000 coins on one skin.

Those were the two I wanted above everything else. So I'm happy now. I also got Rein's and Roadhog's.

Will probably buy Mercy and Tracer if it comes to it.

So generally asking, what hero do you guys want to get a buff?

Personally, I would kind of like a Junkrat buff. Feels like he needs something, like his ult needs to do a bit more damage or something.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What.

Why do you need more damage than "Pretty much kills everybody".

Give him an alt fire that turns the grenades sticky.

What.

Why do you need more damage than "Pretty much kills everybody".

Give him an alt fire that turns the grenades sticky.

Well that's the thing tho. Junkrat's ult is powerful, but unlike most ults it takes time and can just fail entirely. (I guess the closest thing in the game to it is Mccree's ult?) Not to mention it leaves you completely vulnerable.

With that in mind, I don't feel like it actually does enough damage.

Blu(e)

Well that's the thing tho. Junkrat's ult is powerful, but unlike most ults it takes time and can just fail entirely. (I guess the closest thing in the game to it is Mccree's ult?) Not to mention it leaves you completely vulnerable.

With that in mind, I don't feel like it actually does enough damage.

It does up to 600 damage. How much are you asking?

It does up to 600 damage. How much are you asking?

Maybe it's not the damage, maybe it's how large the explosion is. Unless you are close to the enemy team or you take your time, they probably have time to spread out.

Maybe the tire should move faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom