• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Overwatch character categories reworked into 3 groups:
Offense
Tanks
Support

Just forget Defense characters. Retool some of them as Offense and others as Support.

Skii

On the other hand, whenever I find a group that works well together, if we group together we queue against another team that has a lot more cohesion than we do, and we get slaughtered. I wish there were matchmaking demarcations for premades vs. randoms joining together.

I think the happy medium is to find one friend to play with so you can get the +20% group experience without getting bowled over.

I tend to save comp for when I can play with friends not because I need the carry but because I just want to decrease the chances that someone on my team will throw. I know the people I usually play with have good attitudes and won't throw when things aren't going our way.

def after Season 3 is over.

When does season 3 finish?

I'd like to see Overwatch character categories reworked into 3 groups:
Offense
Tanks
Support

Just forget Defense characters. Retool some of them as Offense and others as Support.

Make Hanzo's Sonic Arrow an arrow that creates a dome to heal your team mates. Would give Widowmaker's Ult a purpose at the very least.

Fancolors

What is doomfist?
3171016-terrycrews.jpg

A possible new character

LQX

Ugh, I'm seeing a more common phenomenon where some are purposely trolling with Mercy. They basically don't heal at all but instead fight with Mercy the whole match. You should be able to play how you want but when you pick such a fucking crucial healer then don't heal you should be fucking kicked from the game.

kirblar

Kaplan actually said her intended design is to be played more like a support than a straight damage dealer.

I wish they would redo the categories so healers and supports are different things.
This is a big problem HOTS has as well. It's bizarre that they don't see it internally.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
That sounds like people who pick Ana and then just try to play her like Widowmaker the entire match.

Seeing someone pick Ana always makes me wary. There's such a huge range to what can happen, and you have no idea what you're gonna get.

That sounds like people who pick Ana and then just try to play her like Widowmaker the entire match.

Seeing someone pick Ana always makes me wary. There's such a huge range to what can happen, and you have no idea what you're gonna get.

My main pet peeve as Ana is when I go for a long range Biotic Grenade and then someone jumps in the way of it so I end up not saving my teammate :/

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
My main pet peeve as Ana is when I go for a long range Biotic Grenade and then someone jumps in the way of it so I end up not saving my teammate :/
That happens to both my grenades and my shots when I play Ana. I keep trying to find a position that prevents this stuff from happening, but people always seem to find a way to block my healing.

Okay, our Reinhardt just charged forward and I have a good scoped shot lined up, aaaaand our own DVa decides to sit on my face. Great. Or a Hanzo or something.

ohkay

I don't have the patience to get better with genji. It just feels like console controller and lower sensitivity holds me back. Feels clunky trying to get in and out of battles alive.

Much respect to people who are good with him on console.
I was only effective on him after I turned up the sensitivity really high (but this was also back in season 1 where his ult was a guaranteed team wipe)

wow over 22,000 korean hackers were banned from Overwatch JUST TODAY.

yikes didn't realize hacking was so bad on PC (i play on PS4).

http://kotaku.com/why-overwatch-hacking-is-such-a-big-problem-in-korea-1791920223

It's not. It's bad in Korea on PC because of the PC Bang (cafe) situation there. Blizzard bans are not effective because users can just create new accounts with a VPN. The competitive (not pro) scene in Korea is completely fucked right now because of all the aimbots and cheaters.

I have only ran into one cheater in over 1000 games (at least that I know of) on the US server(s) and it was a Korean playing on US...

Mr Git

It's too easy to cheat on PC. the only "cheating" on console is using a m/kb setup.

You can use mouse/kb on console?!

Main thing I want sorted is troll Meis and their ice walling friendly players. When it happens on defence I now just immediately leave the game.

I read but def not as prevalent. Are there any videos of it in action?

not that i can find. don't assume that means that there aren't any hackers though. it might take a lot more effort to hack on consoles but i still remember those stupid ass MW2 lobbies where people would just call 50 Attack Choppers down at once to boost.

LiK

You can use mouse/kb on console?!

Main thing I want sorted is troll Meis and their ice walling friendly players. When it happens on defence I now just immediately leave the game.

They work but there's aiming lag from the way it works on consoles.

xerzewatt

I had one of the most interesting comp payload games yesterday. I played solo Q (S76) and both teams had a 5 stack.

We started with attack on Numbani but enemy junkrat really shredded us (he even got a 5 kill ult). We got the payload barely moving on overtime and I was sure we won't go far. The payload never stopped and we finished with 1:30 mins to spare. It turns out the junkrat isn't that amazing against moving targets :)

On defense I tilted a little bit by getting killed by Pharah of all characters. We couldn't stop the capture at all and they started moving the payload with more than 5 mins. I thought they would steamroll us right away. They did hit the first checkpoint with relative ease but after the second one they couldn't move an inch. I think the payload was stopped for close to 2 mins.

I ended with 39 elims and 9 deaths (I wasn't the only dps, it was 2-2-2 for the most time). Not great but a net positive I think. What is the ratio in general for good gold - plat s76 players?

tl;dr I thought we will lose twice, won anyway.

It's great being able to play primarily DPS heroes again like Genji and Mccree. I had a great night from a performance perspective but a string of bad games lead to a 5 game loss streak. The worst part is that 3 of those were due to disconnects (not consecutive). One of my games, the disconnected player came back while we were on attack after holding the opposing team to two points in 6v5 but we just didn't have enough time left to make anything of it. Another loss was an Eichenwalde game where we had 4 support mains and none of them could do anything else. It was a massacre. Eichenwalde used to be one of my favorite maps but I'm starting to dislike it quite a bit lately.

I should learn to stick to my 2 consecutive losses rule but sometimes I just can't help myself. Despite the SR loss I was still having a lot more fun than in the prior patch. Despite the current issues the latest patch is definitely a step in the right direction. I recovered from the loss streak somewhat by the end of the night but not much time to play during the week. I'll see if I can climb back up today.

Nimby

Banned
Meta Report:
1llwKfVhblR.jpg

1llxDaEiIT3.jpg

TIERS
S Tier (>=95% Usage Rate): Lucio (96%)
A Tier (>=80% Usage Rate): Ana (87%)
B Tier (>=50% Usage Rate): Zarya (79%), Reinhardt (68%), Tracer (54%)
C Tier (>=20% Usage Rate): Roadhog (40%), Genji (39%), Winston (29%), D.Va (29%), Soldier 76 (21%)
D Tier (>=5% Usage Rate): Pharah (18%), McCree (13%), Zenyatta (12%), Reaper (5%)
F Tier (<5% Usage Rate): Mei (3%), Symmetra (2%), Widowmaker (2%), Mercy (2%), Sombra (2%), Torbjorn (0%), Junkrat (0%), Hanzo (0%), Bastion (0 picks)

Winners: Tracer (+ ~25%), Genji (+ ~25%), Winston (+ ~20%), Pharah (+ ~10%)
Losers: D.Va (- ~50%), Reinhardt (- ~20%), Roadhog (- ~20%), Symmetra (- ~5%)

Note: The title of this meta report is "A Meta in Transition", still is unclear whether Triple Tank will become dominant again, or if 2/2/2 and dive comps become the main, or even both become almost equal in terms of viability/preference. Pro teams are still trying things out. Also PRO PLAY ONLY

Had a pretty epic comp match earlier. Switched to soldier after our cowboy and widow couldn't take care of a pharah.

Ended the match with around 30k dmg done and 80 something elims with about 7 deaths.

Poor enemy team.

snack

When will Overwatch start implement the ability to watch replays of others? Would love to see POVs of pros and their matches, similar to how Dota 2 has it set up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
When will Overwatch start implement the ability to watch replays of others? Would love to see POVs of pros and their matches, similar to how Dota 2 has it set up.

They said they're working on it but doesn't sound like it'll be anytime soon.

Ugh, I'm seeing a more common phenomenon where some are purposely trolling with Mercy. They basically don't heal at all but instead fight with Mercy the whole match. You should be able to play how you want but when you pick such a fucking crucial healer then don't heal you should be fucking kicked from the game.
I had a game where I had gold healing with Roadhog.

We had an Ana.
We had a Lucio.
I healed 600 health the entire match.

Skii

I don't understand why it's so hard tbh

They already save highlights for a brief window, so they must be logging that info somewhere.

Well having friends on bnet actually significantly affects your performance in Overwatch. So no real surprise they're technically incompetent.

I remember they said they have a working version on the developer side something about implementing it and features is whats going to take a while

Nimby

Banned
If i want to watch shitty highlights I'll go to the subreddit.

I want full Match replays.

From the supports perspective!

And speaking of support, Dean from Lunatic-Hai has retired from OW. And apparently some of the women he was "seeing" were minors, and if so good riddance.

antitrop

Seagull just said he thinks Reaper will be making a come back soon and that he's been seeing a decent amount of him in scrims.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, if you ever watched their replay systems you'd know that they aren't 100% perfect recreations, so maybe it takes more work than that for full replays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom