• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dude keeps complaining that I die too much and need to sit back more.

While not realising that pharah keeps fucking flanking to the back and I have to deal with her close range.

Rizzi

... If I leave a match I don't want to rejoin it when I look for a new game.
Especially not four times in a row. Fucking christ.

TheOddOne

Some pet peeves as a Zarya player: People who think Zarya's ult is useless unless used with other ults. Conversely, teams what blow all their ults the moment graviton hits.
My favorite thing to do with the ult on 2CP is just trapping the enemy team in their spawn while everybody is capping. Such a good ult.

... If I leave a match I don't want to rejoin it when I look for a new game.
Especially not four times in a row. Fucking christ.

I've seen people leave and rejoin the same QP match five to ten times in a row. Happens maybe once a month, but keep in mind that I don't play that often.

I can't decide if they're trolling their team, or just desperate to find a different game. But when it keeps their allies in 5v6 for a minute or more, maybe Blizz should reconsider their current matchmaking...

i was thinking to myself today ill play roadhog and ana but i couldnt remember Anas name for some reason so i thought instead im gonna play some roadhog and ryujehong lmao

Antiwhippy

Fairly happy with my ana games today.

ySLKyX1.png

Also had a net win of 3 games today (5-3 with one draw), and gained 114SR, which is nearly 40SR per win. Not sure if the math makes sense in this case though. :p

caesar

Banned
Antiwhippy, I have been testing your DPS Ana theory effect on SR and you're so right.

Normally I would get 20-25 SR per win without a streak, now, I am averaging gaining 30-40 and losing 15-25 SR points at most playing more aggressive, frequently nade-ing enemies, and getting a lot of darts in. Thanks for the tip, homey-G. I found my new main.

Its the correct way to play Ana anyway, I try to use the nade on enemies as much as possible.

55TzEN.gif

Feels good :)

Got to master thx to a 7 win streak. 5 games were on 2cp maps where I played as Rein, with which I have a terrible winrate. What were the odds lol

A lot of the wins were due to Cappa and his awesome Mei. Those walls were ameizing.

Cappa

Banned
55TzEN.gif

Got to master thx to a 7 win streak. 5 games were on 2cp maps where I played as Rein, with which I have a terrible winrate. What were the odds lol

A lot of the wins were due to Cappa and his awesome Mei. Those walls were ameizing.
Congrats! I wish I could have kept playing but I had to go. My walls only worked because of your rein charges! Don't tell Owzers lol

Now lets get me to master!

Nice! :D It would be nice to play a few games in master as a group and see how we do!

Heropon

Every time I play competitive some kind of bullshit happens. This time the Reinhardt disconnected when we were about to win and then we can't push the payload the five meters we needed in all the match. I suppose my destiny is to drop to bronze and hope I can finally carry teams.

Jellie

Fairly happy with my ana games today.

ySLKyX1.png

Also had a net win of 3 games today (5-3 with one draw), and gained 114SR, which is nearly 40SR per win. Not sure if the math makes sense in this case though. :p

Tried out your DPS ana theory.
JYm3URO.png

Got less SR than usual. Was low 20s high 10s I think.
No leavers and we were underdogs too.

Cappa

Banned
Nice! :D It would be nice to play a few games in master as a group and see how we do!

lets group up later today if you want even though technically im not in master... the quality of games are so much better though I dont think we had a bad game quality wise when we played most of our matches were 3100+ SR.

There was 1 or 2 weird games where we got really lucky to win,but there were no games that I thought wow this is really bad.

I really like playing high diamond / master. When I get stuck in sub-3000 SR matches the quality seems to drop so much.

RemiLP

Cheked my stats now, and i went 7- 4 yesterday. Total SR gains? 13. How is that possible?

I spent the whole season in gold, and just got in to plat now. Is there some hidden MMR that is trying to push me back to "where i belong"?

Antiwhippy

JYm3URO.png

Might be a SR thing too. I'm mid-high gold ATM and maybe the system just don't expect anas at this level to do that?

Definitely still have a lot to learn. My moment to moment judgement when it comes to positioning is questionable at best if I don't actively check myself.

Skii

55TzEN.gif

Congrats man!

JYm3URO.png

I really don't understand why you didnt gain more. You were carrying the game and hitting very good grenades and sleeps. Maybe it's because you did a Boostio and the game just went "you're losing 10 SR for that".

Jellie

Might be a SR thing too. I'm mid-high gold ATM and maybe the system just don't expect anas at this level to do that?

Definitely still have a lot to learn. My moment to moment judgement when it comes to positioning is questionable at best if I don't actively check myself.
Just checked my recording and it was 27 actually. My net gain today was 16 (3-2) so got confused. Still didn't get more than usual though.
Congrats man!

I really don't understand why you didnt gain more. You were carrying the game and hitting very good grenades and sleeps. Maybe it's because you did a Boostio and the game just went "you're losing 10 SR for that".

I boostioed twice actually so mines 20. Both times was aiming at you. Also randomly nanod you when nobody was around but I heard our Zarya gravitron lol.

Do I get less SR and lose more SR if I play with you since I'm against people who are lower rank? Need to get a streak going but its always win 1 more than I lose then a quick losing streak to reset the gain.

Didn't reallly carry. You got 61 elims. l only got a two bronze for objective time/kills and silver healing.

Congrats! I wish I could have kept playing but I had to go. My walls only worked because of your rein charges! Don't tell Owzers lol

Now lets get me to master!

It's ok, ty :)

In my last game (hanamura) I had a grandmaster that picked Hanzo and the dude who was rank 2XX started questioning him, asking if he was trolling lol. I immediately said that I had no problems with the Hanzo, and in truth he was actually quite good. As the game went by everything was cool, they were nice people.

Owzers is still the man for the job, he's the Rein main we all love. He just have to forget about Mercy... he was not meant for hiding D:

Sure :)

We did pretty well the last time we played together, with Cappa and Moonkid too if I'm remembering it right. Hopefully the good luck continues.

lets group up later today if you want even though technically im not in master... the quality of games are so much better though I dont think we had a bad game quality wise when we played most of our matches were 3100+ SR.

There was 1 or 2 weird games where we got really lucky to win,but there were no games that I thought wow this is really bad.

I really like playing high diamond / master. When I get stuck in sub-3000 SR matches the quality seems to drop so much.

My sleeping schedule is all over the place, so hopefully I will be on when you guys are. If you can continue the winstreak you only need like 5 games to reach master.

We didn't have any trolls picks today in our team, so I guess that's someting at least.

Congrats man!

Thx man!

Shame I can't get into pc gaming, wish I could play ow with you again :(

Antiwhippy

Just checked my recording and it was 27 actually. My net gain today was 16 (3-2) so got confused. Still didn't get more than usual though.

I boostioed twice actually so mines 20. Both times was aiming at you. Also randomly nanod you when nobody was around but I heard our Zarya gravitron lol.

Do I get less SR and lose more SR if I play with you since I'm against people who are lower rank? Need to get a streak going but its always win 1 more than I lose then a quick losing streak to reset the gain.

Didn't reallly carry. You got 61 elims. l only got a two bronze for objective time/kills and silver healing.

Yeah, you do get less SR by playing games much lower than your rank.

Also fairly relative to the rest of your team's performance too I think?

Jellie

Yeah, you do get less SR by playing games much lower than your rank.

Also fairly relative to the rest of your team's performance too I think?

Ah was 250SR below I think. Do you lose more too? Can't play with Skii anymore then :S
Unless we get streaks.
Yeah team did well. Didn't see how many kills until I looked back at it. Not sure how many times they died though but seems like a couple of them got 60+ elims. It was lijiang tower and went 4 rounds hence the high elims.

Skii

That nano in the graviton was needed because I would've probably died and we didnt have enough DPS to break through their sound barrier. I managed to get the kills right at the end of tactical visor.

But 27 points seems about right. I think I got 30. And our joint SR isn't that much lower. It was still a diamond game I think.

Thx man!

Shame I can't get into pc gaming, wish I could play ow with you again :(

Yeah man, our group ups were pretty good. You should definitely give OW a shot on PC. It took me a good few weeks to get used to the controls but it feels a lot better than it did on PS4.

Jellie

That nano in the graviton was needed because I would've probably died and we didnt have enough DPS to break through their sound barrier. I managed to get the kills right at the end of tactical visor.

But 27 points seems about right. I think I got 30. And our joint SR isn't that much lower. It was still a diamond game I think.

Yeah man, our group ups were pretty good. You should definitely give OW a shot on PC. It took me a good few weeks to get used to the controls but it feels a lot better than it did on PS4.
Not that graviton. I mean the one on second point. We were at 95-99. Wanted to beyblade but haven't in ages so forgot reaper can't run to them anymore so nothing happened.
The one when you was soldier was good use though.
Yeah you did good in diamond. Reckon you can get there before the 13th. Didn't seem out of place.

Never gonna let you live down your reaper ult when hanzo ulted when you first moved to PC btw. Was too funny.

Antiwhippy

The fact that 2-2-2 is becoming more popular again is making me realise I can't play DPS for shit

I kind of want to bust out my pharah and mei again but i dunno, I've had a fever for awhile now for playing ana even though she got nerfed.

Also i just don't trust other anas. Or trust that people won't run something dumb like Lucio mercy combos.

pizzacat

Banned
JYm3URO.png

Im starting to think you should have set points for wins and losses and not just random numbers the game farts out

If the underdog gap is high enough you get less points for winning etc etc

Like what's the difference between a player that's 2999 and 3000 really

Skii

Not that graviton. I mean the one on second point. We were at 95-99. Wanted to beyblade but haven't in ages so forgot reaper can't run to them anymore so nothing happened.
The one when you was soldier was good use though.
Yeah you did good in diamond. Reckon you can get there before the 13th. Didn't seem out of place.

Never gonna let you live down your reaper ult when hanzo ulted when you first moved to PC btw. Was too funny.

Oh that one. If you had given me the nano when they gravitoned us or our Lucio managed to drop sound barrier, I would've got enough ult charge to get death blossom. Would've been so clutch.

But yeah, I've been playing in diamond with caesar. I don't really see the difference tbh. Mercys are still terrible in diamond lol. It's just that when I duo, for some reason I don't get leavers/people throwing on my team which is basically my entire solo queue experience.

Jellie

Oh that one. If you had given me the nano when they gravitoned us or our Lucio managed to drop sound barrier, I would've got enough ult charge to get death blossom. Would've been so clutch.

But yeah, I've been playing in diamond with caesar. I don't really see the difference tbh. Mercys are still terrible in diamond lol. It's just that when I duo, for some reason I don't get leavers/people throwing on my team which is basically my entire solo queue experience.

I was dead at that point. Pharah ulted and got me.
Yeah did well. Only lost cos that Mercy solo rezzed and then we got gravitoned. If we get a streak without a mercy maybe we can both get next tier.

Congrats!

Thx!

My laptop can't run it :(

I installed TF2 just to see how it was to play a FPS with KB/M, if it would push me to invest on a PC plus a few other things (monitor, bigger desk, etc), but I hated it. It doesn't help that I bought my laptop a few weeks before this game was released, if only I had known at that time...

Maybe when the game dies on console I will finally jump to the PC. Can't wait to see how the game is at bronze rank with my kbm skills lol

Antiwhippy

Im starting to think you should have set points for wins and losses and not just random numbers the game farts out

If the underdog gap is high enough you get less points for winning etc etc

Like what's the difference between a player that's 2999 and 3000 really

Eh, there is a scaling factor to the underdog system. Like, 2999 to 3000 won't really be considered an underdog I think.

There can be a difference in skill even within 100-200SR really, but it depends what the difference is. Like say, if the difference is because someone from is duo queuing with their 1700SR mate.

Having been to the high mid plat and falling all the way down to 1800s and then climbing back up again, I can tell you the difference between silver and gold is a lot more severe than the difference between plat and gold in my experience.

A lot less rage-quitting for one thing in gold and plat.

Skii

I was dead at that point. Pharah ulted and got me.
Yeah did well. Only lost cos that Mercy solo rezzed and then we got gravitoned. If we get a streak without a mercy maybe we can both get next tier.

Yeah, our duo can definitely climb because we both are very competent on all the meta heroes between us. I think the only one we both aren't great at is Roadhog but even then, he's not too hard to carry with.

I installed TF2 just to see how it was to play a FPS with KB/M, if it would push me to invest on a PC plus a few other things (monitor, bigger desk, etc), but I hated it. It doesn't help that I bought my laptop a few weeks before this game was released, if only I had known at that time...

Maybe when the game dies on console I will finally jump to the PC. Can't wait to see how the game is at bronze rank with my kbm skills lol

Trust me, I felt the same way. When I first played OW on PC, I thought I had made a big mistake and would go back to PS4. It feels so unnatural to move with a keyboard but you'll get used to it and it offers you a lot more evasion because you can AD spam and crouch spam.

I did my placements even though I couldn't move my characters properly and I got placed in mid gold and moved up to platinum a few games later. So you definitely wont end up at bronze. I can see you placing low diamond. A lot of PS4 players moving to PC always end up not too far away from the PS4 rank and they eventually manage to climb to it.

Antiwhippy

Guess it depends what you grow up on I guess. I can't stand FPS with the controller.

Which is weird because I don't really have a deep history with PC shooters. It's pretty much just UT, TF2 and HL2.

Also seriously, aiming is a thing but the biggest difference maker I've seen between ranks is your game awareness. Especially between silver-gold-plat-maybe diamond. People in silver can mostly deathmatch fine but their game awareness is so bad.

AbaFadi

Banned

I started playing on pc about a month ago, and it's definitely a lot better control wise than ps4. It was my first fps as well, and I'm pretty sure my aim is a lot better. I still play the ps4 version a lot since I have a lot of friends who can't switch over yet though.

Grief.exe

Team Fortress 2. I don't know the version, it was the free one on steam.

There's only one version on PC since Valve keeps the game constantly updated through Steam, but some people refer to Titanfall 2 as TF2, which can get confusing.

I started playing on pc about a month ago, and it's definitely a lot better control wise than ps4. It was my first fps as well, and I'm pretty sure my aim is a lot better. I still play the ps4 version a lot since I have a lot of friends who can't switch over yet though.

This is how it starts.

One suggestion I always make to PC users is turn your DPI/Sens way down. You want to prefer precision over short distances, you can still do 360 spins, you just need to move your hand very quickly.

Owzers

55TzEN.gif

Masters...as Rein...I have been replaced. Congrats on going pro.

Jellie

Yeah, our duo can definitely climb because we both are very competent on all the meta heroes between us. I think the only one we both aren't great at is Roadhog but even then, he's not too hard to carry with.

Trust me, I felt the same way. When I first played OW on PC, I thought I had made a big mistake and would go back to PS4. It feels so unnatural to move with a keyboard but you'll get used to it and it offers you a lot more evasion because you can AD spam and crouch spam.

I did my placements even though I couldn't move my characters properly and I got placed in mid gold and moved up to platinum a few games later. So you definitely wont end up at bronze. I can see you placing low diamond. A lot of PS4 players moving to PC always end up not too far away from the PS4 rank and they eventually manage to climb to it.

Roadhog is pretty common so would expect somebody to play them anyway. Who do you play again? Soldier, Reaper, Genji and Zarya? Am I missing any?

JHall

People should learn how to play Rein. Mostly so I don't have to play him in my GM games. If I had a dollar how many times I've heard "I can't play Rein" I'd be a very rich man.

Anne

Was streaming some solo q comp stuff. Apparently I ran into AimbotCalvin's smurf and got to steal some SR from him.

Yeah movement is definitely the worst obstacle. I only played a couple of 2D flash games on PC, so playing in 3D feels really weird.

Being your first FPS it's pretty amazing how quickly you climbed the ranks.

I think sooner or later I will play it on PC, but yeah, lots of learning to do before even thinking in comp.

There's only one version on PC since Valve keeps the game constantly updated through Steam, but some people refer to Titanfall 2 as TF2, which can get confusing.

Oh ok.

Guess it depends what you grow up on I guess. I can't stand FPS with the controller.

Which is weird because I don't really have a deep history with PC shooters. It's pretty much just UT, TF2 and HL2.

Also seriously, aiming is a thing but the biggest difference maker I've seen between ranks is your game awareness. Especially between silver-gold-plat-maybe diamond. People in silver can mostly deathmatch fine but their game awareness is so bad.

Yeah, not doing stupid shit is a big help already. And thankfully this game has some characters that don't require super aim.

Masters...as Rein...I have been replaced. Congrats on going pro.

You wish. There were a few instances today where I had like 3 people in front of me and I managed to miss all of them with my charges. I should've got a trophy for that.

Heropon

My bad streak finally ended! Got into a competitive match with a three people premade and they asked me nicely to switch characters. The match ended well, meaning: no draw in Volskaya. Then the next match I get paired with them again and use Ana. At the end of the match we win and I get a friend invite from one of the opponents. Wondering if they wanted to insult me he invites me to a group instead and we play another match, which ends in a win again.

So I've ended with more SR than I had at the start of the day, new people in my friend list and less frames. I suppose I'm an Ana main now too.

Skii

Roadhog is pretty common so would expect somebody to play them anyway. Who do you play again? Soldier, Reaper, Genji and Zarya? Am I missing any?

Yeah, I played Zenyatta today with you, I can play Ana (not to your level obv) and Reinhardt too.

And then you can play Tracer, Soldier, Reinhardt, Zarya, Lucio and Ana.

Actually, one of us has to get good with McCree. He's so important with more Tracers and Genjis flying around.

Anne

I got to play against AimbotCalvin and Korea's duo one time and stole some elo from them lol

Nice. I'm going to start queuing comp more often. My friends are working m to get better but I can't just keep rolling QP with them so often that I don't get to play with comp of my elo :T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom