• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Never knew that stuff about McCree since I don't DPS usually. Would explain why my flash bangs sometimes don't work when I try him in qp or arcade though so thanks for that.

Yeah I've had a few games where I pick Ana and then nobody picks a support. When I say need a support to help heal me I get told to nade myself even when I tell them that its a waste of the ability. Think I need to work on managing the dart CD but the grenade CD I'm usually good with.
With Lucio if somebody needs healing before we engage I just sit on heals but don't amp. Takes a while unless another healer is helping but lets me speed boost in.

Honestly though it's not really a waste of an ability to use made on yourself, because you are one of the higher value targets out there so you need to make sure you do not die, it's more about making it with it.

Getting railed on by solduer and pharah? Position yourself so you can easily access healthpacks.

Nading a diver (tracer, genji) so you force them to recall/retreat or even make it easier to duel them? Worth. You see a lot of top players do that.

Anne

Nading a diver (tracer, genji) so you force them to recall/retreat or even make it easier to duel them? Worth.

Depends. Better players will let you nade while holding CDs, then just not fight you and go dump the damage CDs into somebody you could have saved. That or just go fight without worrying about being anti-healed.

I guess that illustrates the difference between better players. At lower level that is almost always worth, at higher level that is sometimes going to be a bait.

Once somebody is hella commited and you have to do it though, then ye. Watch Ryujehong, he'll hold his nade until he's well below 100 HP, and he'll /hard/ commit to fighting if somebody is down on resources vs him.

Paltheos

Jesus Christ play has been bad this weekend. I haven't had a game without a troll, on my side or the other side. And everyone's an asshole.

Jesus Christ play has been bad this weekend. I haven't had a game without a troll, on my side or the other side. And everyone's an asshole.
694.png

Is "I know the doubts that plague you" a line Zenyatta says specifically to Genji when he discords him? I've only heard him say it under those conditions.

Also even though I'm bad at McCree, it feels really good when you're actually killing people as him. It's so satisfying to headshot a D.Va as she gets knocked out of her mech, or flashbang a reflecting Genji because you throw it at his feet instead of into his reflect.

DevilDog

Is "I know the doubts that plague you" a line Zenyatta says specifically to Genji when he discords him? I've only heard him say it under those conditions.

Yeah, I'm guessing that when he was his master, Genji must've opened up to him completely.

I want to see how the explore this relationship, it sounds like the best thing that could come out of the OW story, although I have faith that Blizzard in true Blizzard fashion, will write it horribly.

antitrop

Overwatch viewer numbers seem to be a lot higher on Twitch lately. Bigger streams doubling their viewer counts and smaller streamers that used to get a few dozen viewers now bringing in hundreds up to a thousand.

I noticed Gale_Adelade had over 1k viewers last night, I was just watching him a few weeks ago with like 15 people in the chat. Lassiz is at 6k right now, normally I used to see him at 2-3k. Codey recently got popular, Calvin recently got super popular, KOREA is getting 2-3x the viewers he was more than a month ago, etc.

Jellie

Honestly though it's not really a waste of an ability to use made on yourself, because you are one of the higher value targets out there so you need to make sure you do not die, it's more about making it with it.

Getting railed on by solduer and pharah? Position yourself so you can easily access healthpacks.

Nading a diver (tracer, genji) so you force them to recall/retreat or even make it easier to duel them? Worth. You see a lot of top players do that.
I mean I'd rather get healed by a zen or lucio who don't use a CD ability to heal than use it on myself when I could anti-heal a group of enemies and get a few of my team in. It's more valuable to do that then heal yourself. I'll throw it at the ground if I can get multiple people with me or the fight just finished.
Depends. Better players will let you nade while holding CDs, then just not fight you and go dump the damage CDs into somebody you could have saved. That or just go fight without worrying about being anti-healed.

I guess that illustrates the difference between better players. At lower level that is almost always worth, at higher level that is sometimes going to be a bait.

Once somebody is hella commited and you have to do it though, then ye. Watch Ryujehong, he'll hold his nade until he's well below 100 HP, and he'll /hard/ commit to fighting if somebody is down on resources vs him.

So what do you do if you are in a 1 v 1?

Anne

So what do you do if you are in a 1 v 1?

It just depends. You have to feel it out. If you go below 100 you almost have to use nade against most heroes. You want to force them to use resources to fight you before you blow it. If not you just blow it and pray. A lot of it is MU specific to. Like vs Genji you wanna try to never use it until he uses shift. If you hold it too long, shift kills you. There's your mind game.

Ana is good in 1v1s but she can be played around and has to spend "resources" on it. It's why you wanna baby sit her, not just for safety but to keep her being useful. Once it really, truly comes down to "I have to commit to fighting you" just blow CDs and go for it.

If there really is nothing to hold sleep dart for you can go for it too. Not every low reward CD you use is bad. You just kinda get a feel for when it's safe to do that.

Prelude.

Pharah duels are so dumb, it's great.

When you get caught in one you basically remove two people from the match.
Pharah is the best counter to Pharah.
"Someone needs to take care of that Pharah, she's wrecking us"
*switch to Pharah*
Now it's 5v5 with no Pharahs involved.

AlexIIDX

I play this super casually, but why does d.va not take damage with her amazing ultimate. But I can die as tracer with her shit ultimate.

antitrop

I play this super casually, but why does d.va not take damage with her amazing ultimate. But I can die as tracer with her shit ultimate.

D.Va could die to her own ult when the game first came out, but it also took a full second longer to detonate.

Tracer's ult isn't shit, either.

Blues1990

I'm shocked that I was able to get a 25 killstreak (as Zenyatta) in comp yesterday, all due to a very dumb Winston player not knowing his place in the pecking order. That, and he doesn't believe Zenyatta is one of the best tank killers in the game.

Yes, I'm serious about that last bit. His teammates were begging for him to switch, but he was either ignoring them or was hellbent on sending me to the scrapheap.

Overwatch viewer numbers seem to be a lot higher on Twitch lately. Bigger streams doubling their viewer counts and smaller streamers that used to get a few dozen viewers now bringing in hundreds up to a thousand.

I noticed Gale_Adelade had over 1k viewers last night, I was just watching him a few weeks ago with like 15 people in the chat. Lassiz is at 6k right now, normally I used to see him at 2-3k. Codey recently got popular, Calvin recently got super popular, KOREA is getting 2-3x the viewers he was more than a month ago, etc.

Same. Nice the games still v.healthy and newer streamers are getting a following.

I only found out about Galeadelade and Codey from some YT montages and clips of matches from stream.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I kind of want to mess with higher sensitivity again since I mostly play tanks that would benefit from the quicker situational awareness and almost no hitscan characters but I'm pretty comfortable with what I have now.

Only real issue is when I have Genji jumping up and down on my head

Jellie

It just depends. You have to feel it out. If you go below 100 you almost have to use nade against most heroes. You want to force them to use resources to fight you before you blow it. If not you just blow it and pray. A lot of it is MU specific to. Like vs Genji you wanna try to never use it until he uses shift. If you hold it too long, shift kills you. There's your mind game.

Ana is good in 1v1s but she can be played around and has to spend "resources" on it. It's why you wanna baby sit her, not just for safety but to keep her being useful. Once it really, truly comes down to "I have to commit to fighting you" just blow CDs and go for it.

If there really is nothing to hold sleep dart for you can go for it too. Not every low reward CD you use is bad. You just kinda get a feel for when it's safe to do that.

Think I get it. If you use your CD first they can regroup and push as a team with you being less effective so you should try not to use it unless you will die if you don't use it or they use one of their abilities?

Antiwhippy

I'm shocked that I was able to get a 25 killstreak (as Zenyatta) in comp yesterday, all due to a very dumb Winston player not knowing his place in the pecking order. That, and he doesn't believe Zenyatta is one of the best tank killers in the game.

Yes, I'm serious about that last bit. His teammates were begging for him to switch, but he was either ignoring them or was hellbent on sending me to the scrapheap.

Yeah Winston vs zen is a lot of fun because they don't know when to give up. It's kind of a pain though once you face up Winstons that know how to bubble dance.

antitrop

I only found out about Galeadelade and Codey from some YT montages and clips of matches from stream.
Gale was #1 overall on NA last night (and has been #1 Global Ana on Overbuff for a while), which explains the viewers, just wonder if it will sustain. At least he'll get a sub button from that.

ISOM

Pharah duels are so dumb, it's great.

When you get caught in one you basically remove two people from the match.

For the most part I ignore Pharah duels and just focus on the rest of the team instead. "Yeah, Pharah you just keep on trying to duel with me while I kill the rest of your team."

I've never had a potg as ana, but I feel I deserved many that I didn't get awarded.

I just want to see my creepy new year skin with "shh" intro :(

NeoRaider

I've never had a potg as ana, but I feel I deserved many that I didn't get awarded.

I just want to see my creepy new year skin with "shh" intro :(

Get used to that.
I got only 2 i think and they were both kinda messy. Again it's mostly about the eliminations.

But almost every Ana POTG that i saw is meh.

cyborg009

Banned
Get used to that.
I got only 2 i think and they were both kinda messy. Again it's mostly about the eliminations.

But almost every Ana POTG that i saw is meh.

I saved roadhog from a Zarya and Hanzo ult put someone to sleep and nanoboosted a ult roadhog and didn't get a damn thing.

Antiwhippy

Again.

Another benefit of playing DPS ana.

I don't really give a shit about getting PotG though honestly other than the amusement of ana's LNY/hallowwen skin + Shhhhh.

NeoRaider

I saved roadhog from a Zarya and Hanzo ult put someone to sleep and nanoboosted a ult roadhog and didn't get a damn thing.

It's about dmg. So don't expect it.
Just few days ago i slept enemy Rein while he was triggering his Ulti and saved myself and 3! teammates. Then we killed him together.......

POTG goes to Widow in other team for killing 2 enemies.

Didn't even get the highlight...

antitrop

It's about dmg. So don't expect it.
Just few days ago i slept enemy Rein while he was triggering his Ulti and saved myself and 3! teammates. Then we killed him together.......

POTG goes to Widow in other team for killing 2 enemies.

Didn't even get the highlight...

POTG is based on the fire meter. Environmental and Sharpshooter (among other things, like Ult Shutdowns) kills give huge fire bonuses, so that's why 2 Widow headshots in a row or a double Lucio boop can take POTG from a 4k or some shit.

Blues1990

I actually managed to get the ana LNY skin and then get a PotG with it afterwards.

That +Shhhhh = nightmares.

The mask (the one Ana is wearing) is used for traditional stage theater, while there are others that were created for ceremonial rites. Quite honestly, I was surprised with how extensive the research Blizzard did with these Lunar New Year skins, & I think it's cool that the game continues to highlight the awesomeness of all the world's different cultures.

Antiwhippy

I gotta admit I was pretty salty that I didn't get a PotG once when I snap slept darted an ulting pharah justicing into a graviton surge.

Nimby

Banned
Roadhog player sends me hatemail. In QP. Because he kept going to the cart by himself, while I was dead (I was our solo support), and the rest of our team was doing fuck all. And the enemy Genji was reseting like crazy while he was "pushing the payload". He was also solo-tanking Roadhog, who was Torb at the start.

Lol.

Did I also mention it was QP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom