• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

I don't like the young Hanzo skins 😩

His hair looks weird on them. I love the casual outfit from the Christmas comic tho

I know what you mean about his hair (especially for his Young Hanzo skin), but as far as facial features are concerned, Hanzo still looks hot.

It wouldn't be too shocking that we will get a series of "Casual Friday" skins for the heroes, what with Hanzo's casual outfit being a positive response from the fan base.

Is anyone else having issues getting anything epic or legendary for year of the rooster? Got my 7th legendary drop during the event and it's the Haymaker Junkrat skin. I STILL haven't gotten anything epic or legendary related from this event. But I haven't gotten at least 20 epics, none of which are from the event.

Is anyone else having issues getting anything epic or legendary for year of the rooster? Got my 7th legendary drop during the event and it's the Haymaker Junkrat skin. I STILL haven't gotten anything epic or legendary related from this event. But I haven't gotten at least 20 epics, none of which are from the event.
Yeah, I feel like the tuned it compared to other events.

I've only got Roadhog, Mercy, Junkrat, and Mei(?), but that almost seems lucky compared to what some of my friends are seeing.

Yeah, I feel like the tuned it compared to other events.

I've only got Roadhog, Mercy, Junkrat, and Mei(?), but that almost seems lucky compared to what some of my friends are seeing.
I remember with previous events anytime I got an epic or legendary, 80% of the time it was event related. This shit sucks. I just want the DVA skin so how would I go about collecting all of them? Buy loot boxes? :/

Salarians

C3ouIR9VUAEKQf4

So what Event skins do you have gang? I started off really unlucky, and got some good ones lately.

So far I got...
Bastion's
One of Mei's
Rein's
Tracer's
And I got enough gold to buy one of the lesser ones. Debating between Ana's and Mercy's.

Really hope I can get Roadhog's tho.

microdot

What's the best way to find a team? Neogaf discord? I'm a filthy bronze trying to climb up but every match people do their own thing. No way I can carry a team as tracer/dva/zen.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I find that if you indicate that you're willing to switch off if something isn't working properly are usually fine with it. I've played with a few very good Sombras in comp.

Be the change you want to create.

Yukinari

I should just play comp constantly since the event and season are almost over. Kinda tired of getting dupes of epics over and over.

I know smurf accounts like to purposely lose in comp to stomp worse players but i wouldnt do that. I just want to win some matches and get good EXP.

No fate is too harsh for Tracer.

All the girls are cute too tho
I wish weightlifter Zarya was her default. :( Shame that her sprays and art and general iconography are of her dumb tat and pencil eraser head.

I should probably just roll Sombra in comp.

But people get so mean. :(
Had a comp game where our Sombra was really puttin' in the work. Constantly managed to get the enemy Rein opened up. And they were our third DPS too.

cyborg009

Banned
My PC crash when I was screenshotting something in overwatch...I rejoined the game and somehow I was banned for 5 mins and lost my elo.....

Anne

When do ESL games happen? Every time I see a stream up on Twitch it's just a rerun.

ESL hasn't ran an OW event in awhile. Rumor is that they are going to have less involvement as time goes on while Blizzard just moves everything onto their own league.

chur

ESL hasn't ran an OW event in awhile. Rumor is that they are going to have less involvement as time goes on while Blizzard just moves everything onto their own league.
That explains the constant reruns.

Kinda surprised that it gets 1K+ for just reruns.

Anne

Think I get it. If you use your CD first they can regroup and push as a team with you being less effective so you should try not to use it unless you will die if you don't use it or they use one of their abilities?

Ish. Again with the Genji example, if you just nade early you end up at 200 health and he is at 140. If he has swift strike up he can choose to bail on you, and that swift strike CD is less valuable than nade if his team goes in (high chance he just lands a kunai on the tank that got dove and he gets the reset). On top of that, at 200 vs 140 both of you die in two hits. He dies to two shots, you die to M2x2 + swift strike cancel. I know which is more likely to happen first :p If you use nade around 100~ HP you might land it as he swift strikes and have a huge advantage, but it's risky to go too low because the combo will kill you anyways. It's all just a skill thing you pick up as you go in, but you kinda get a "feel" as to how people wanna play out situations and react accordingly.

To point something out to this, Bastion isn't unusable at all. He's bad, but his gimmick is super strong. If somebody gets hit by surprise Bastion they prolly lost that fight, and then they have to swap (losing ult charge) to deal with it. Once they swap Bastion is at a disadvantage by all means, but recovering from losing that first fight is hard. I'd imagine most solo queue teams that run into that just don't adjust properly and get rolled :p

Whoever wins first fight has such a huge advantage in most cases. I'd wanna see stats on how often the team that wins the first (and second) fight just wins the entire round.

Antiwhippy

To point something out to this, Bastion isn't unusable at all. He's bad, but his gimmick is super strong. If somebody gets hit by surprise Bastion they prolly lost that fight, and then they have to swap (losing ult charge) to deal with it. Once they swap Bastion is at a disadvantage by all means, but recovering from losing that first fight is hard. I'd imagine most solo queue teams that run into that just don't adjust properly and get rolled :p

Whoever wins first fight has such a huge advantage in most cases. I'd wanna see stats on how often the team that wins the first (and second) fight just wins the entire round.

Wonder how he'll turn out when they basically turn him into soldier 76 with a tank buster mode and a better ult.

Though in a way, would a soldier 76 without helix rocket be actually good?

Permanently A

Wonder how he'll turn out when they basically turn him into soldier 76 with a tank buster mode and a better ult.

Though in a way, would a soldier 76 without helix rocket be actually good?

The big issue with bastion is his hitbox. its so fucking big and he moves so slow. that's the real difference between them.

bastion used to easily make up for his lack of burst because his dps was really high, dunno if no headshots in turret mode will significanly affect his ttk

Antiwhippy

The big issue with bastion is his hitbox. its so fucking big and he moves so slow. that's the real difference between them.

bastion used to easily make up for his lack of burst because his dps was really high, dunno if no headshots in turret mode will significanly affect his ttk

Yeah I'm not sure if nerfing his source of burst (tirret mode) is going to help him that much, and his source of burst is already his biggest liability

I think it all depends if they can make sentry form actually good, but it's hard to dps in this game without burst damage.

My PC crash when I was screenshotting something in overwatch...I rejoined the game and somehow I was banned for 5 mins and lost my elo.....

Haven't experienced that buuut Overwatch sometimes freezes when I screenshot. Completely. And other times it doesn't. Pressing the Widows key to force-minimise unfreezes it, but nothing else works; it's weird.

I haven't been able to figure out if it's my computer or the game.

I’m so close to 3k solo now, I started at 25XX and I’m now at 2925. I started the season something horrible like 2-1-7. I haven’t played that much this season, around 65 games. I’m getting some frustrating games now like 2700 vs 2950. Fuck you Blizzard, I’m going to make it.

I don't know what god I pissed off, but I can barely win a match these days. The past two weeks I've lost 75% of the time. Shit, even mystery heroes. I've played four matches in a row. Lost every single one of them.

I'd understand if I was doing a shitty job, but I'm getting golds and good stats in Overbuff. This game is just committed to making sure I lose somehow.

Just had two games of competitive.

First game. Numbani. One player left when we lost the point. Another player leaves when we lose the round.

Second game. Nepal. My team wins 3-0. No leavers.

After these 2 games I'm now 2 points worse off.

What is this shit?

I can't do this anymore, I'm too tilted. I went from 2948 to 2875 because of grievers. None of these Diamond players care if they lose. They don't lose rank and are at the bottom of the barrel. My last game we had this player that was playing Hanzo almost the whole time (he did switch to Widow sometimes). He was obviously trolling, you could tell by his username name. Anyways we're still managing to win with him being useless. Then someone on our team suggested maybe try someone else. So he just started to jump off the map nonstop and we obviously lost because it was a 5v6. I love the game, but I hate the players. All it takes is one fucking idiot to ruin the game for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom