• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

exYle

I see a pretty common sentiment here that Ana is a reliable counter to Pharah, but I've never found that to be the case in my experience. Is this a PC thing?

I've never had a potg as ana, but I feel I deserved many that I didn't get awarded.

I just want to see my creepy new year skin with "shh" intro :(

Every part of this post speaks to me, yep even the last sentence.

Still the only character I've yet to nab a PotG with, how many lifesavers do you need PotG generator?!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I see a pretty common sentiment here that Ana is a reliable counter to Pharah, but I've never found that to be the case in my experience. Is this a PC thing?

Yeah, if she's one of those hang back and rocket types it's pretty easy to snipe her away.

If you meet one that knows how to do deep boost dives though pray to god you can hit your sleepdart. Or just shoot her but it's not easy shooting a deep diving pharah for me anyway.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yeah, if she's one of those hang back and rocket types it's pretty easy to snipe her away.

If you meet one that knows how to do deep boost dives though pray to god you can hit your sleepdart.

I would also say it depends on the level too.

Some of the small levels, but no big flat openings. Even as soldier, since all Pharah needs to do is pop up and down.

antitrop

Well Mercy gets it alot with her 1 click rez.
I find the Rez alone usually isn't enough to get it, even a 4x, you usually have to pull out your pistol for an elim or two to lock it in.

There was a point about 4, 5 months ago where Mercy's POTG potential was tuned so high that she would get POTG just for like a 2 man Rez and nothing else, but Blizz fixed that because there was so much complaining about it.

I find the Rez alone usually isn't enough to get it, you usually have to pull out your pistol for an elim or two to lock it in.

Saying that the first mercy PotG I saw in a while today was just her using the res on two people and then running back around a corner.
Guess it was a slow game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Had a mercy potg recently that rezzed me when i signalled that i had ult, i blizzard everyone, and then she switched to her pistol and started shooting the frozen team.

Can't hate on that.

antitrop

Saying that the first mercy PotG I saw in a while today was just her using the res on two people and then running back around a corner.
Guess it was a slow game.

Ya, slow games like that will happen, but I usually find that if you don't get an elim or a bunch of assists immediately after the rez, the POTG will usually go to the person that killed everyone you rez'd.

Oh I don't disagree.

Speaking of which, My favourite Mercy PotG was one in mystery heroes, I didn't get it but it starts of with our Mercy immediately slamming revive, pulls out a gun to shoot at the numerous enemies in front (it was a right clusterfuck at the end of route 66, also in a Mei Blizzard). As this happens an enemy mercy is hooked by the Hog only to get immediately rezzed by a second mercy on their team, her first action? ANOTHER REZ which brings back the previous Mercy who instantly got conked among others.
Unfortunately while she's doing this our Mercy is still going mad with the pistol at point blank wiping her out, I start dragon blading with my scrubby mystery heroes Genji and our Mercy finishes off a recently revived Zarya that I slash with a melee of all things and also finishes the Mercy that had gotten revived a second time within this same PotG clip span of time.
Oh and that last kill Mercy got? 10 player kill streak.

Me and my friend were cackling with this one as it happened, so many heroes never die in such a short space of time combined with a battle Mercy, truly a gold standard.
That's hilarious.

Oh I don't disagree.

Speaking of which, My favourite Mercy PotG was one in mystery heroes, I didn't get it but it starts of with our Mercy immediately slamming revive, pulls out a gun to shoot at the numerous enemies in front (it was a right clusterfuck at the end of route 66, also in a Mei Blizzard). As this happens an enemy mercy is hooked by the Hog only to get immediately rezzed by a second mercy on their team, her first action? ANOTHER REZ which brings back the previous Mercy who instantly got conked among others.
Unfortunately while she's doing this our Mercy is still going mad with the pistol at point blank wiping her out, I start dragon blading with my scrubby mystery heroes Genji and our Mercy finishes off a recently revived Zarya that I slash with a melee of all things and also finishes the Mercy that had gotten revived a second time within this same PotG clip span of time.
Oh and that last kill Mercy got? 10 player kill streak.

Me and my friend were cackling with this one as it happened, so many heroes never die in such a short space of time combined with a battle Mercy, truly a gold standard.

Chance

I never, ever played multiplayer shooters before Overwatch. I'm on PS4 (low gold) - I'm not particularly good! - but I have a lot of fun, and for some reason ever since it came out, I've been making little highlight videos with Sharefactory on PS4. I'm not sure why - maybe just to remind myself that, on occasion, I can play a game like this.

So anyway - this is my latest one, and I think it's pretty okay! Aside from shutting down a Sombra on Mercy at the start, it's all Tracer work in the Rose skin.

https://vimeo.com/202664342

(This is only half made with Sharefactory - it's got a bug where the music track will go out of sync and kind of drift as you're trimming clips, so I had to finish it with a free program on PC.)

antitrop

I never, ever played multiplayer shooters before Overwatch. I'm on PS4 (low gold) - I'm not particularly good! - but I have a lot of fun, and for some reason ever since it came out, I've been making little highlight videos with Sharefactory on PS4. I'm not sure why - maybe just to remind myself that, on occasion, I can play a game like this.

So anyway - this is my latest one, and I think it's pretty okay! Aside from shutting down a Sombra on Mercy at the start, it's all Tracer work in the Rose skin.

https://vimeo.com/202664342

(This is only half made with Sharefactory - it's got a bug where the music track will go out of sync and kind of drift as you're trimming clips, so I had to finish it with a free program on PC.)

Damn, that was really good. Music sync'd up to the action really well in a few spots and the way you spliced POTG footage into regular gameplay footage (and timed it with the chorus of the song) was clever.

Also, all those poor Mercies.

antitrop

It's so unsatisfying playing with people who don't want to try. Is it any better on PC? Should I move there?

I've played hundreds of hours each on both PS4 and PC, and I think the PC playerbase generally takes the game more seriously, but it's not like the grass is completely greener.

Taking the game more seriously also means more tilt.

Chance

Damn, that was really good. Music sync'd up to the action really well in a few spots and the way you spliced POTG footage into regular gameplay footage (and timed it with the chorus of the song) was clever.

Also, all those poor Mercies.

Thank you!

Jellie

It's also easier to be toxic because you have a keyboard. Console players have voice chat but everyone is in a party chat
Decided to do my ps4 placements to see what I'd place and most games had people in chat and they weren't toxic and were friendly. On PC every game seems to have that one guy who is tilted and somebody the team piles on (usually blaming soldier for not dealing with pharah).

DevilDog

PC EU has the most hardcore people on the planet, after Korea.

If there is any place for good competition, its there, but expect a lot of tilt, especially if someone can't act as an in-game leader.

EDIT: Also the mute button is your friend.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Pick Reinhardt, say go right while I shield the arch.

Go shield the arch, one guy goes right, four go left. The four who went left got shredded by symmetra+friends.

This is at platinum SR, lol. I don't understand how you get to platinum and have no clue about how to play Anubis, no clue about how to use shield for cover, and no clue how to play as a team.

KanameYuuki

How I wish I could git gud with Widowmaker, she is the one char I cant do anything at all with, Symmetra comes close too, I feel like everyone is a proSymmetra but me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom