• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roussow

So I was loading into a comp game on PC. I noticed it was taking a while and noticed in the bottom left corner there was a little counter that was going down from 4000 - 0, I don't know if it was downloading or loading or whatever, but my game was cancelled in the middle of this, I was kicked and ended up losing a bunch of points for it. Any idea what this was?

Satch

Banned
tfw u get stomped on first round of koth and then everyone swaps roles and u stomp for the next three games
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png

Is anyone else having a problem with rubber banding ping today? It was fine till half an hour ago, but now all my games are fluctuating between 1000ms and 1500ms. Playing on EU.

My ping had been randomly spicking as well, EU too. It generally hovers at around 20ms+- but it shoots up to 100-300 for some reason. No idea why

Rizzi

I hate the community for this game. "Oh you were Bastion so you're the reason we lost. Play the objective retard" Yes. My gold medal for objective time with 1:58 was a result of me not pushing the objective. Sorry random McCree! Makes me so mad.

holysan

I hate the community for this game. "Oh you were Bastion so you're the reason we lost. Play the objective retard" Yes. My gold medal for objective time with 1:58 was a result of me not pushing the objective. Sorry random McCree! Makes me so mad.

A Bastion/Torb/Junk on attack is almost guaranteed to tilt a team. Even if you think that you do fine, you should consider to switch anyway.

Rogan

Banned
Me and my buddy are searching for players who want to group up.

I play a good roadhog and he plays a mindblowing Genji as main. We pretty much got the basics and can switch around multiple heroes if needed. Somehow we always get grouped up with hanzo etc.

Is GAF the place to find a group for competitive? I'm playing on PC.

Rizzi

A Bastion/Torb/Junk on attack is almost guaranteed to tilt a team. Even if you think that you do fine, you should consider to switch anyway.

I was the only one who was actually pushing. And I had the highest damage, and objective kills.

Rizzi

You're right. Doing everything that my team should be doing was an excuse while I sat on the payload and murdered people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ISOM

The amount of time I've had to play Rein this season because no one else on my team wants to play him is appalling. I already have 3 hours and climbing. Should change my name to ReluctantRein.

ISOM

Me and my buddy are searching for players who want to group up.

I play a good roadhog and he plays a mindblowing Genji as main. We pretty much got the basics and can switch around multiple heroes if needed. Somehow we always get grouped up with hanzo etc.

Is GAF the place to find a group for competitive? I'm playing on PC.

What's your rank?

Rizzi

The amount of time I've had to play Rein this season because no one else on my team wants to play him is appalling. I already have 3 hours and climbing. Should change my name to ReluctantRein.

Why would people not want to play Rein?

ISOM

How many reasons do you want? People have their preferred heros which are usually DPS or healer or not Rein, or they usually say they're not good with him. But I'm not either but to win I gotta play him.

Dispatch

I find him boring or frustrating to play If the team is doing well and DPS players are getting eliminations, then you just end up standing there being a shield. Conversely, if the team is struggling, you often get killed after trying to take out the person causing problems.

Maybe I'm just not doing it right, but it can be frustrating.

ISOM

But.. Hitting people with a giant hammer is fun..

Tbh playing Rein can be very fun. I play an aggressive Rein so I'm out there swinging. It is fun but that doesn't mean I'm good with him or that I don't have other hero's I want to play. I'm guessing that's the same for other people. I'm just one of those people who will actually change for better team comp.

zoukka

How many games out of 10 do you guys feel end up being a slaughter when the other team can't counter Phara?

It feels like 9/10 in scrub-platinum.

holysan

How many games out of 10 do you guys feel end up being a slaughter when the other team can't counter Phara?

It feels like 9/10 in scrub-platinum.

Even in diamond. Still amazing to see Pharah mains on reddit crying for a buff. More HP or armor, uhu yeah sure gg.

Lost this one match now but this guy was flaming our lucio saying its his fault we were losing but by the end he got called out by the enemy team for being a noob tracer in chat lmao.

Bitter Sweet justice

NeoRaider

delete torbjorn

it's like oh wow! you sure killed me haha with your 100% accuracy auto sniper turret from across the map

His gun can also be very accurate and deadly. I had great game with him today, defending Temple of Anubis and got many kills on 2nd point with his gun. Doing headshots with his gun is so satisfying.

Sande

A good Pharah is terrifying.
I am not a good Pharah.
And in my experience the only people who are still picking Pharah have been maining her since launch. And they usually have a friend as a pocket healer. And my whole team goes this_is_fine.jpg and does nothing to stop her.

Dropped 300 SR and gained 300 SR in the same week on the solo queue coaster. Still looking for a reliable duo partner on central or east coast time zone PC if anyone wants to group up? I'm around 2600 right now and was 2800s last season.

I had a high pick rate on Rein last season but this season has been worse than previous ones. Rein is my most played hero at over 15 hours this season and I really dislike playing him. I do it out of necessity. :(

I flex and fill whatever role the team needs and have started trying to pick other tanks when tanks haven't been picked yet to try to avoid Rein but they still don't pick Rein and I have to swap anyway. It's a curse.

Kysen

From my last few games, not running a rein feels like an instant loss. Whenever my team tries to run without him you can tell immediately that everyone is taking way more damage.
Every random projectile shot that before you could just ignore becomes one less hit for the enemy team to kill you. It's even worse on maps with chokes.

It sucks because he just isn't fun to play but I find myself having to swap to get anything done.

Jellie

Anyone got tips for Zenyatta? learning how to play more in demand heroes besides the ones I already know.

-Stick your orb on flankers/people engaged rather than people out of the battle that need healing since people engaged are in more danger. Good targets are Winston, Genji, Tracer.
-Learn to lead your shots since they are projecetile based.
-Stick near your tanks and second healer since you are rather vulnerable.
-Always have your discord orb and healing orb on somebody.
-Discord orb should go on the highest priority target. Its effective on tanks the most as big hit boxes and large health pools.
-Your ult works well against ults that do damage over time but do nothing to ones that do burst damage (Dva ult, Tracer ult, Mccree, Ult) but you can body block the burst damage since you are invincible during the ult. Can also use it to stall points if last resort.
-Buy Harmonry and Discord highlight intro. It's the best in the game.

rulerk1

had a match where i did about 9000 damage in like a minute (as soldier) on Enchenweild defense first point but no one actually died there. it was so dumb

hypernima

Banned
-Stick your orb on flankers/people engaged rather than people out of the battle that need healing since people engaged are in more danger. Good targets are Winston, Genji, Tracer.
-Learn to lead your shots since they are projecetile based.
-Stick near your tanks and second healer since you are rather vulnerable.
-Always have your discord orb and healing orb on somebody.
-Discord orb should go on the highest priority target. Its effective on tanks the most as big hit boxes and large health pools.
-Your ult works well against ults that do damage over time but do nothing to ones that do burst damage (Dva ult, Tracer ult, Mccree, Ult) but you can body block the burst damage since you are invincible during the ult. Can also use it to stall points if last resort.
-Buy Harmonry and Discord highlight intro. It's the best in the game.

Hey. You're cool, thanks.

ohkay

This was me season 2 but thankfully I enjoy playing Rein, though It does get frustrating when your team doesn't work well with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom