• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have no idea how poke ever has viewers. Guy has the shittiest attitude out of anyone I've seen in the community.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Watching the finnish tournament vods and most of the time I'm thinking "wtf is nip doing"

They seem to make it work though.

Bubble

Neo Member
Decided to use Zen again after a long absence and got two POTG in a row. Feels good man.

He's just more fun to play than Ana.

what control settings do you console players use? I can't hit pharrahs for shit!
What settings do you currently use? Do you practice aiming using the practice range or Ana/Lucio bots? That might be more helpful than changing sensitivity.

Try lowering your sens though.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So what Event skins do you have gang? I started off really unlucky, and got some good ones lately.

So far I got...
Bastion's
One of Mei's
Rein's
Tracer's
And I got enough gold to buy one of the lesser ones. Debating between Ana's and Mercy's.

Really hope I can get Roadhog's tho.

Been very lucky

Reinhardt right off the bat from the free taster box for event
Mei Luna
Mercy
Bastion
Roadhog
Zenyatta

Only missing D.Va, Winston, Junkrat, Tracer and Ana (unless I'm forgetting others)

Hoping to net D.Va and Winston, don't wanna burn 6,000 CR for them, we will see, still have roughly 2 (3 loot boxes/week) Arcades hopefully worth of more loot boxes to earn

Up to 10,850CR at the moment
Got a lot of the LNY stuff, thank fuck no dupes yet of any skins

MrPanic

I have no idea how poke ever has viewers. Guy has the shittiest attitude out of anyone I've seen in the community.

He used to be one of the funniest guys to watch imo, but ever since tank meta arrived he seems to have slipped into a deep depression with this game.

Antiwhippy

Poke was that guy in the canadian world cup team who seemed like a pretty average (by average I meant at the top level obviously) genji one trick?

Angel_DvA

99e57b323ff95a96143b438a537b59d0.png

Mouse and Keyboard on console ? just why ?

Mouse and Keyboard on console ? just why ?

So they can feel good dominating most of other players with ease. Played against a guy in QP ranked 56 in europe at the time and his Hanzo/Widow were just insane, got 3 mvp cards by being always on fire.

That doesn't mean all top ranked players use a mouse though, these two guys (xtxshadow, fankda) were ranked first in america and europe respectively and they don't use it.

Angel_DvA

How do they cheat on console?

PS4 and XBONE version are made to be played on a controller, however MANY players using XIM4 to play with Mouse ans Keyboard on the consoles. This gives them more mobility and precision than any controller user,

they're many things you can't do on a controller, that's blatant cheating.

VG247: Why are new Overwatch heroes so slow to arrive?

-With heroes arriving near quarterly, why is Overwatch slow to deliver when its competitors aren't?

From the article:
The arrival of Ana shook up the meta enormously as her kit brought an incredibly strong ultimate ability in Nano Boost, which bolstered damage, movement speed and reduced the damage her team received. Its impact was undeniable and instantly spawned a meme; in the right hands she was unquestionably first pick, first ban material.

It instantly spawned a meme, guys. Wow, I never imagined that people would make memes about something. Reading this article felt like suffering.

Unrelated, it's interesting how the loss of D.va from the upper tier levels of play seems to have made Zarya even stronger. Most people cited D.Va as a cause of the popularity of Zarya, but with D.Va becoming less popular Zarya's Graviton becomes almost impossible to counter. Ana-boost Zarya early to charge ult seems to win me every other game now.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Cappa

Banned
PS4 and XBONE version are made to be played on a controller, however MANY players using XIM4 to play with Mouse ans Keyboard on the consoles. This gives them more mobility and precision than any controller user,

they're many things you can't do on a controller, that's blatant cheating.

People cheat in multiplayer games, why are you shocked?

Xzan

Well, I made it! I'm finally in Gold.
It was hard fought and I almost gave up along the way. Just tonight, I accidently won a match with a solid 52-8 performance on Lijang. I was really starting to worry on Volskaya on Attack when we had two ticks locked away on Point B with 3:00 to go. If things continued the way they were going, we'd have levelled at 2-2 and had a chance at a draw, or even a win.

Luckily, my ISP had my back - At about 2:33 everyone started jogging on the spot. As soon as I saw that lost connection message I breathed a sigh of relief. I went through the motions of trying to get back into the game but after 3 minutes it was too late.
It really was quite lucky, the Lijang win put me in the 2550's and I was in serious danger getting back above 2600 tonight... Now I can rest easy...

T.T

(...so much for getting back up to Diamond...)

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Can just imagine a whole team huddled around the biotic field.
That's pretty much exactly what happened lol. I would put the biotic field right behind the Reinhardt and call it out on voice whenever I was about to place another. I always kept it off cooldown.

It was King's Row and we realized there were no healers on defense a bit too late. I was on Soldier and running back to spawn to switch when someone went "okay Soldier, I guess you're gonna have to put down a lot of biotic fields" at around 15 seconds left before the round start, so I was like "fuck it", turned around, and played it safe.

I see a pretty common sentiment here that Ana is a reliable counter to Pharah, but I've never found that to be the case in my experience. Is this a PC thing?
I'd say she's half a counter, since while a good Ana can threeshot her in short order, it's hard to find an Ana good enough to do so in lower levels. In pro games, I imagine it happens a lot more often.

The other reason why she's considered a counter is because she's usually the most readily available hitscan character in a team. Ana's usually around due to her popularity, while Soldier, McRee, Widow, etc. might not show up in almost every team. So you usually have an Ana around if Pharah shows up, which means no one else needs to switch.

Though if I'm Ana, I'm not good enough to kill Pharah myself so anyone helping to pitch in damage is good. Even a Winston jumping up to zap her is very welcome.

hypernima

Banned
Must've seen your gaf account lmao

Surprised people like that play Overwatch tho. They do realise that half the cast is pocs, right?

He insta-locked soldier.

Well, I made it! I'm finally in Gold.

It was hard fought and I almost gave up along the way. Just tonight, I accidently won a match with a solid 52-8 performance on Lijang. I was really starting to worry on Volskaya on Attack when we had two ticks locked away on Point B with 3:00 to go. If things continued the way they were going, we'd have levelled at 2-2 and had a chance at a draw, or even a win.

Luckily, my ISP had my back - At about 2:33 everyone started jogging on the spot. As soon as I saw that lost connection message I breathed a sigh of relief. I went through the motions of trying to get back into the game but after 3 minutes it was too late.

It really was quite lucky, the Lijang win put me in the 2550's and I was in serious danger getting back above 2600 tonight... Now I can rest easy...

I'll queue for comp if you want. Could use solid duo buddies.

Antiwhippy

Alt right would either go mercy because they fit their ideal of a blonde with big boobs or DVa because they're weebs.

I kinda love facing flanking roadhogs as an ana.

They see me, thinking, "oh, EZ kill", then I sleepdart them at the same time as they throw out the hook, and then he pulls me in just as he goes to sleep.

I like to imagine how much they're cursing me out at that moment as I either leave them alone or grenade them so my team can melt him down.

Zen tells us to "Just go in to point B" on Hanamura.

"Uh, none of us have ults and we have no picks and they have a Junkrat. Maybe we should try the stairs instead of mid?"

"Just fucking do it already and stop being a pussy."

We all die.

Entire team goes "Thanks Zen, good advice!"

Lol.

I was thinking: could Ana be fixed just by swapping Nanoboost and Biotic Grenade? Tone down Nanoboost but make it a buff you can apply to any one person, but buff Biotic Grenade and make it her ultimate. Shutting down all healing on the enemy team is better than some ultimates currently out there....

Managed to work my way back up to master pretty easily yesterday. I was worried I was gonna be really rusty since I've been off Rein/Winston for the last month, but they are still as good as ever.

Was def surprised by how many genjis I saw, and how much work they could do as well. I think I was wrong and he actually belongs in the top tiers of the game this patch

maomaoIYP

Man, that seems too low for me. I think all my heroes are 50/50 except for Hanzo and Genji. They're even higher.

Yeah it is low compared to most people I guess. It's also pretty much why I do better with mid range heroes. I can barely play Tracer and I cannot play Genji at all.

Oxn

I just love it when people decide to switch heroes and there is like 2 seconds left in the match. Like are you even aware of whats going on?

I just love it when people decide to switch heroes and there is like 2 seconds left in the match. Like are you even aware of whats going on?
Sometimes I will switch to a character with a teleport or speed boost if there is little time left and I need to get on the point to extend overtime.

Sometimes the opposing team is pushing the payload and we need a hero swap at the final stretch.

AbaFadi

Banned

You should be switching if there's 2 seconds left in the match, as long as it's to heroes like Tracer, Mei, D.Va, or anyone that can stall. If you're most likely going to lose, force them to win in overtime so they might not get an extra round depending on the map or time advantage over your team.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Zen tells us to "Just go in to point B" on Hanamura.

"Uh, none of us have ults and we have no picks and they have a Junkrat. Maybe we should try the stairs instead of mid?"

"Just fucking do it already and stop being a pussy."

We all die.

Entire team goes "Thanks Zen, good advice!"

Lol.
That feeling when you're the only healer and you have to heal for a team that just stands there and bathes in the enemy Junkrat's spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom