• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Battle Mercy is a glorious thing to see.
Sometimes Mercy's gun is needed if the rest of your team doesn't seem to be able to shoot straight, or if your team refuses to spam shots to help wear down the enemy Reinhardt shield.

rulerk1

I think I'll just stick playing lucio or zen for healing. I get too much abuse as Ana and die a number of bs ways :(. Plus after watching gale play console Ana seems so slow. Even maxing settings it's still slow

Paltheos

He used to be one of the funniest guys to watch imo, but ever since tank meta arrived he seems to have slipped into a deep depression with this game.

Yeah? I've watched him a couple times. Dude... just seems like an asshole. Like there was never anything decent there. It was all mean-spirited. I could say the same for some of the other mid-big OW streamers. Poke just seems like the worst of the bunch.

Seagull's the best, and I'll go out of my way to watch his VODs, and I sometimes tune into Tim or MoonMoon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The vast majority of popular OW streamers are ragers.

Korean streamers always seem to have a lot less of that despite all the aimbot issues.

Calvins also pretty damn chill. Though a few days back he lost alot of SR on his alt account and seemed pretty down when i joined.

Lassiz aswell

Fancolors

DaHanG and Skyline are pretty chill.

Wonder if it has anything to do with them being support mains.

dd5996c7bc36801d5dc054d1af1ecf1d.png

KanameYuuki

I've been playing mystery heroes non stop ever since Arcade was introduced and it is where i have the most fun but I don't think I've been getting that much better, there is improvement for sure but I was wondering if I should start going into ranked to git gud.

Btw time played and wins from Arcade do not add up on career profile right? I guess Blizzard should check that and add it.

I've been playing mystery heroes non stop ever since Arcade was introduced and it is where i have the most fun but I don't think I've been getting that much better, there is improvement for sure but I was wondering if I should start going into ranked to git gud.

Btw time played and wins from Arcade do not add up on career profile right? I guess Blizzard should check that and add it.

Mystery heroes can be a blast but landslide defeats can be frustratingly common.

Zacagawea

Yeah? I've watched him a couple times. Dude... just seems like an asshole. Like there was never anything decent there. It was all mean-spirited. I could say the same for some of the other mid-big OW streamers. Poke just seems like the worst of the bunch.

Seagull's the best, and I'll go out of my way to watch his VODs, and I sometimes tune into Tim or MoonMoon.

Off stream Poke is the most toxic player I have ever played with. His girlfriend or whatever was with him and even still he raged constantly.

Chance

Sometimes Mercy's gun is needed if the rest of your team doesn't seem to be able to shoot straight, or if your team refuses to spam shots to help wear down the enemy Reinhardt shield.

It's an eye-opener when Rein's at full Hp, no DPS are around to buff so you pull your pistol... and end up gold on elims sixty seconds later. It's like fuck, guys, do I need to switch to Tracer?

Roxkis_ii

I think it's time for me to take a break from Overwatch. It's hard for me to play competitive and not want to baby my SR, which causes me to play less competitive (Seems like the more you play, the higher your chances to start a losing streak). Its getting to the point where I'm even getting ornery in quickplay games. I know people don't really try in qp, but man, getting stomped repeatedly will do things to your mind state.

This game is causing me too much frustration and I'm having a hard time having a good time anymore. I wonder what happened to the magic I felt when iI first started playing. Maybe ignorance is bliss, because the more you learn about the game, the worst it becomes to play.

LiK

I think it's time for me to take a break from Overwatch. It's hard for me to play competitive and not want to baby my SR, which causes me to play less competitive (Seems like the more you play, the higher your chances to start a losing streak). Its getting to the point where I'm even getting ornery in quickplay games. I know people don't really try in qp, but man, getting stomped repeatedly will do things to your mind state.

This game is causing me too much frustration and I'm having a hard time having a good time anymore. I wonder what happened to the magic I felt when iI first started playing. Maybe ignorance is bliss, because the more you learn about the game, the worst it becomes to play.

Play QP and Arcade instead. Fuck Comp.

I complained in this thread a little while ago about people committing suicide in Mystery Heroes. Last night we were attacking Eichenwalde and were given three Syms from the off. I nodded my head in approval when two went over the edge.

Got D.Va quite often. Not played her since the last patch. Boy, you lot weren't kidding, she really is shit. Just so weak in every conceivable way. I had a Sombra running rings around me at one stage, literally doing laps, and no matter how many bullets I put in her the health pack regenerated before she was down. Again and again. She's laughably bad now. I had good a time maining her in season 1. Such a shame.

Anne

I still wish QP had more of a reason to play well. Or that was a different comp queue if I wanted to play with friends and not murder my solo queue rating. I wish there was a real solo queue :T

I wish there was a scoreboard

Anne

Got D.Va quite often. Not played her since the last patch. Boy, you lot weren't kidding, she really is shit. Just so weak in every conceivable way. I had a Sombra running rings around me at one stage, literally doing laps, and no matter how many bullets I put in her the health pack regenerated before she was down. Again and again. She's laughably bad now. I had good a time maining her in season 1. Such a shame.

She's actually not that bad. The big difference is if you try to play her in the style of pre-nerf D.Va, she is horrendously garbage. So like, initially when everybody got their hands ont he nerfed version the reaction was "what the hell do I do with this?" If you play her more carefully and do shorter or more prepared dives she's not that bad.

RIP trying to use her like before though. Thank god that is over.

ill probably just wait for true solo q to come out. my experience with dynamic queue in here and lol have pretty much proven to me that it's sort of a shite system lol.

Anne

Idk what it would take for Blizzard to introduce a solo queue. They seem even more set in the mindset of "we want you to play this as a team game" than Riot. Meanwhile the higher end of the comp ladder is a mess.

if they want you to play as a team, it's pretty counter-intuitive to have half of your team in it's own stupid ass group chat while the rest have no real coordination. Do what Dota does and have separate MMRs for parties and solo.

Anne

Yeah, I'd like the separate MMR thing even more. A lot of players near the top of ladder all recognize these problems and either queue to game the system or queue to try and dodge those gaming the system :T

Blizz has been relatively okay at giving us what we want so far. They aren't timel by any means, but they have done it. I wonder if we'll ever get that.

Edit: Tbh my real big gripes are that playing solo and running into boosted animals is not fun, and QP is honestly a huge pile of horseshit while I can't group queue with my friends cause I have 1k rating over them. It's a huge issue.

For the event I'm currently sitting at:

Skins: Ana, Bastion, Symmetra, Mercy, D.Va, Mei, Reinhardt
Emotes: None :(
Highlight Intros: Mercy, Roadhog

Got a lot of the victory poses/sprays/voice lines, but haven't hit much of the rare stuff. I have about 4500 gold, so if I don't get anything else over the next week I'll probably buy the Winston, Junkrat, and Tracer skins.

I wonder if Blizzard will announce a new character/map once the event is over. The Bastion changes will probably go onto PTR when the event ends too, I'd guess.

AbaFadi

Banned
What else do I call somebody with 4k SR with plat mechanics? Winston main?

Yeah, that's why I quit solo quene. Too many people in masters who have literally no game sense whatsoever. A lot of the mistakes that I see is what I would expect out of a diamond or plat game.

Skii

The solo queue experience is absolutely terrible at all levels. The amount of people that just constantly throw/leave/braindead is astounding. The only reason they are diamond players is because they are mechnically good. Blizzard aren't do a good job of punishing people that don't take competitive seriously.

Anne

The solo queue experience is absolutely terrible at all levels. The amount of people that just constantly throw/leave/braindead is astounding. The only reason they are diamond players is because they are mechnically good. Blizzard aren't do a good job of punishing people that don't take competitive seriously.

Actually all solo games near 4k SR have been a blessing to me. By far the best experiences I have in this game. People who play solo up to that level have to know mechanics and multiple heroes/roles, as well as how to not tilt and respect each other best they can. It's really easy to tell who's been boosted by their buddy in a staggered group queue because they have the worst aim and tilt the hardest :p

Nimby

Banned
Is there a bug with Sombra's translocator where it just spits you out in the same spot and the enemies laugh at you?

usually the worst players for me are the boosted chimpanzees that are queueing with one of their plat/diamond friends that inevitably lose the game.

That feeling when you're the only healer and you have to heal for a team that just stands there and bathes in the enemy Junkrat's spam.

Normally I would agree with you, but we also had an Ana who was doing a lot of work. The Zen was just clueless and thought walking up to the point without A) Ults and B) Picks would just work for some reason.

Turns out he just wanted to play Rein so we gave it to him round two and he was constantly dying away from healers by using his charges at poor times.

usually the worst players for me are the boosted chimpanzees that are queueing with one of their plat/diamond friends that inevitably lose the game.

Two Diamond (now plat rank) DPS and a Gold Support? We'll be fine guys.

The worst is when the 3-4 stack refuses to communicate unless it's to blame the rest of the team.

Also I need to not be scared to pick McCree. I forgot how satisfying it is to remind Pharah to play smart by killing her the second she shows up.

Same for Supports. Soldier is good and probably better overall but for burst damage at range my Boy McCree gets it done.

Sande

Hook is still wonky as hell. I managed to hook a Mercy who was running behind a wall, maybe a third of her was still visible. A few minutes later a hook disconnected from Bastion because the bottom ~20% was obscured by stairs.

Hook's hitbox desperately needs a consistent fix rather than these barely functional band-aid solutions.

cyborg009

Banned
Last night i lost to a torb and bastion with a Reinhardt protecting them on KOTH. I go genji to take down bastion but I can't push because of torbs turret forcing me to reflect. My teammates get mad at me for not taking them down....

Haven't experienced that buuut Overwatch sometimes freezes when I screenshot. Completely. And other times it doesn't. Pressing the Widows key to force-minimise unfreezes it, but nothing else works; it's weird.

I haven't been able to figure out if it's my computer or the game.

It happens randomly too it's so strange.

Skii

Actually all solo games near 4k SR have been a blessing to me. By far the best experiences I have in this game. People who play solo up to that level have to know mechanics and multiple heroes/roles, as well as how to not tilt and respect each other best they can. It's really easy to tell who's been boosted by their buddy in a staggered group queue because they have the worst aim and tilt the hardest :p

I'm just using streamers as my basis for GM+top 500. They seem to do better when they're grouped up with others but maybe that's because a lot of people want to troll/throw on stream.

But whenever I solo, I will always run into duo or triple stacks that are just unbelievably toxic and will all immediately throw when we are struggling as a team. I think that's why I prefer grouping up as you tend to run into less groups when you're grouped up yourself. Plus the added insurance of knowing your friends aren't going to throw and will actually try to pick a comp that works.

The only way I've managed to climb this season is by grouping up but maybe that's because I've been carried. I dunno.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah, maybe it's bad luck but every time I click his stream I regret it. This is right when I clicked last night

https://clips.twitch.tv/pokelawls/VastBatNoNoSpot

Like...he missed all of his shots, his ult, his team got earthshattered and grav'd and he tilts and blames them all anyway. I clicked a few hours later and saw him instantly click through everyone's career history to pre-tilt himself when someone on his team picked Reaper at the start. He was verbally harassing people and when they lost the first round of KotH he already was saying gg in chat and shit and ripping into someone for being a troll sniping his games because he's streaming. I watch a good amount of the top streamers and I never see any of them stoop to that point, Tim can get salty but it's usually within reason, usually a one trick that doesn't work and never swaps despite that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom