• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalflame

Yeah, maybe it's bad luck but every time I click his stream I regret it. This is right when I clicked last night

https://clips.twitch.tv/pokelawls/VastBatNoNoSpot

Like...he missed all of his shots, his ult, his team got earthshattered and grav'd and he tilts and blames them all anyway. I clicked a few hours later and saw him instantly click through everyone's career history to pre-tilt himself when someone on his team picked Reaper at the start. He was verbally harassing people and when they lost the first round of KotH he already was saying gg in chat and shit and ripping into someone for being a troll sniping his games because he's streaming. I watch a good amount of the top streamers and I never see any of them stoop to that point, Tim can get salty but it's usually within reason, usually a one trick that doesn't work and never swaps despite that.

Eh. I watch Poke pretty often. He's by no means the best player or the most level-headed all the time, but he's usually pretty chill and was clearly on a really harsh tilt last night. I had honestly never seen him be so upset before and play so shit, he's usually actually pretty good and relatively level-headed and fair.

Paltheos

In case anybody is wonderign what kind of stat line you need to hard carry a Diamond game :T

That's pretty impressive. I'm in Plat, and my elimination record is 69, set by Zarya on a very long Lijiang Tower match.

Should they decrease a bit the distance Roadhog's Hook or do you all find it just fine?

I just want Hook 1.0 back. 2.0 is dumb - You don't have to work for the kills, the target just lands right in front of you - It's not as satisfying as a Roadhog player and it's frustrating af when you get hooked (1.0 felt fair). Registering line of sight by Roadhog and not the hook is just dumb too.

Bring back 1.0 with the bug fix for certain characters not being reeled sufficiently far in for kills (Ana, Zarya) and we're golden.

Anne

It's a bit more complicated than "if you group queue you're carried lol"

2-3 queue at higher ranks isn't bad either. I will say streamers are a bit different because yeah people wanna show their ass on stream.

Idk, like I said it's really obvious when somebody has some major shortcomings that are covered up by always being in a group queue. It's been a problem in basically every larger competitive game without a real solo queue or separate MMR, and it's the type of thing that is way easier to argue as real because people pay to be carried all the time.

I think the distance is fine. I would suggest a 2 second increase on the CD of his hook though.

Yeah. It's not game breaking but it is out of line and the CD is really the main culprit.

I think Soldier needs his CDs nerfed too. His damage isn't really an issue, but he's also exceptionally good at abusing his CDs safely.

rulerk1

How do I win 1 v 1 vs soldier as Lucio. Everytime I get in his face I die to his spam. I've won against Reaper's (dumb I know) but soldiers are hard to kill.

Ps tilting ppl as aggressive Lucio is funny

Increasing cooldown for both hook and self heal is good. Add scatter arrow to that too

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Should they decrease a bit the distance Roadhog's Hook or do you all find it just fine?

It's not the distance, but size of the hit box. It needs to be smaller. I don't particularly find the CD being the issue, since he is purely a Close Range character. His weapon is ineffective to spam, little range, nor is he particularly meaty. The hook is the only way to close the gap. I feel the hook as too lenient with it's box in comparison to it's range and speed.

How do I win 1 v 1 vs soldier as Lucio. Everytime I get in his face I die to his spam. I've won against Reaper's (dumb I know) but soldiers are hard to kill.

right click him back and speed boost away. you're almost never gonna win that 1v1 because he straight up outsustains you.

Is there a bug with Sombra's translocator where it just spits you out in the same spot and the enemies laugh at you?
Yep. Sombra mains have been complaining about it for, oh, more than a month now?

They've also found a workaround, though. It's caused by throwing the transloc straight down at your feet. As long as you throw it out, away from you, it shouldn't ever happen.

Jellie

You don't unless they are awful and they have used their abilities already. Can out heal your damage and should be able to hit you. If you were gonna do it then speed boost to dodge his shots, get close to him boop him into a corner and hit all headshots and melee.

KiraFA37

Pushed the payload all they way over the bridge alone as Ana before they noticed. Enemy team was too occupied killing my team, best part was that I had like 3 enemies in my sight lines constantly.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

Increasing cooldown for both hook and self heal is good. Add scatter arrow to that too
I'm pretty sure Lucio can't 1v1 Soldier unless the Lucio is way, way better than the Soldier. Soldier has both better healing and better DPS than Lucio in the time it takes for one of them to die, so Lucio can't win unless he outclasses the Soldier in both aim and movement.

When I play Soldier and I see a Lucio charging at me mid-fight, I sometimes just ignore him and try to go after higher value targets if I'm not in danger of getting booped off the map. Lucios who charge in like that are mostly just being a distraction, and trying to hit him wastes precious time that could be spent pumping out damage on more threatening targets.

I could be wrong in that decision, though.

KiraFA37

go to your career profile and it'll show up there.

Note that on the overall screen it shows your highest for the match and not for one hero, you still have to check each hero. Example my highest elims in a single match this season is 70 but my highest for a single hero is 69 which was soldier 76.

AbaFadi

Banned
Yeah. It's not game breaking but it is out of line and the CD is really the main culprit.

I think Soldier needs his CDs nerfed too. His damage isn't really an issue, but he's also exceptionally good at abusing his CDs safely.

Which ability would you say should get nerfed for Soldier?

When you can carry:
ZzaB6Pm.png

When you can't carry:

The Mccree game isn't overly impressive at first glance but it's because I only swapped to him in order to deal with a Pharah on defense so this was in one round of Payload. Total eliminations was around 60 with over 30k damage. I carried pretty hard but we lost in time bank.

Interesting to note how high my death toll is in the losing games. This is mostly because the other team just starts focusing me super hard when the rest of the team is weak. I'm far from perfect but in general I rarely overextend or die meaningless deaths and most heroes I have are in the top 20% of deaths on average (higher is better).

I've had a pretty terrible time in general this season but I'm still hanging in there. A lot more losing streaks and draws and a lot less win streaks. My draws are around 10% of total games when it was like 2% last season.

RemiLP

15-10 over the last 3 days, and i LOST 1 SK! I dont really care about SK (like to belive that atleast), just want to get better now, but that shit has to be broken. Im doing my fair share of winning these games, and the game does everything it can to bring me back to gold.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
15-10 over the last 3 days, and i LOST 1 SK! I dont really care about SK (like to belive that atleast), just want to get better now, but that shit has to be broken. Im doing my fair share of winning these games, and the game does everything it can to bring me back to gold.

Ooof, that is pretty brutal SR distribution.

The game seems to think that I should be higher. On average getting 30-40SR per net win.

Honestly do want to know how the game calculates SR distribution.

Three weeks ago, played with a guy named Detoxicate.

Was one of the most toxic players lmao.

Got him on my team again last night, despite having blocked, reported, and muted him.

I unmute him to give it a second chance, hear him complain about team comp and then mute him again.

Woo.

I wanna see a revamped POTG system. I'm really sick of seeing D.Va ult kills. I am almost never impressed by them

I've seen more Genji dragonblades than the law should allow in the last few days, including my own the one time I actually chose him this week.
PotG is really going for the sword right now.

pizzacat

Banned
Ive won 2 games in a row by hooking a tank and dropping them in a killbox and then popping ult to stop overtime attackers and no proof why is there no good replay function to upload in the year of our lord 2017

Xzan

I'll queue for comp if you want. Could use solid duo buddies.

Thanks. I'm on PS4 in Aus, usually between 6pm-12am AWST.

EDIT: Overbuff doesn't differentiate by season but my Zarya stats are from this season at least. A solid 87 elims on the way up to my season high last year:
D8l9P25.jpg

LowParry

Man getting that Diamond is rough because beyond 2500, you get a mix of people who want to play, and others who are just half assing it. Bleh. So far so good with my characters I suppose.

Now my SR is down 500 points. I don't even know what to do at this point. I haven't had a fun match in ages and I'm always getting blown out.

RemiLP

Ooof, that is pretty brutal SR distribution.

The game seems to think that I should be higher. On average getting 30-40SR per net win.

Honestly do want to know how the game calculates SR distribution.

Seems like its a very strong hidden MMR that effects it. Iv been gold up untill now, and i usually gained roughly the same for a win and a loss.

And now i got in to plat, and i gain around 15 for wins, and lose around 25 for losses. I will for sure fall back to gold if the system keeps this up, even if i win more than i lose.

Man getting that Diamond is rough because beyond 2500, you get a mix of people who want to play, and others who are just half assing it. Bleh. So far so good with my characters I suppose.

Yeah I'm in this weird vortex of "Oh sweet a competent team" and "Oh no a dual queue who can't play Torb/Symm well enough to make it work on offense but they're gonna do it anyways."

BHK3

Banned
Man, that seems too low for me. I think all my heroes are 50/50 except for Hanzo and Genji. They're even higher.

I play on 75-75 on console

what the shit, I play with like 10/15...maybe I need to turn my auto aim back up. It's at 15 right now, I stopped playing because when the game came out you couldn't change the strength of the AA so at 100% Tracers and Genjis would drag my aim around making it impossible to shoot.

antitrop

I played console with a very low sensitivity (~15/15) and PC with a very high sensitivity (1800dpi, 10 in-game), which is backwards, but it's what's most comfortable for me.

Antiwhippy

Seems like its a very strong hidden MMR that effects it. Iv been gold up untill now, and i usually gained roughly the same for a win and a loss.

And now i got in to plat, and i gain around 15 for wins, and lose around 25 for losses. I will for sure fall back to gold if the system keeps this up, even if i win more than i lose.

Which is weird though, because your hidden MMR should theoretically also fall up and down according to your performances.

I wonder how they calculate SR and MMR and how they correlate to each other.

Blues1990

I've been messing with Sombra in Competitive, and the most satisfying plays is denying other players of their abilities or health pack, then watching them get plucked off either by me or my teammates.

Hacking an enemy Genji to become almost helpless without their deflect and the dash is a byoutiful sight to see.

Oxn

Truly unbelivable

This guy contributed nothing in 4 rounds of 3v3, died 1st all 4 times and called people bad

what Da FFFFFFF.

Mawile

Banned
And so the hunt continues for me trying to obtain the D.Va skin. I won't make the mistake of playing Capture the Flag anymore, however.

Which is weird though, because your hidden MMR should theoretically also fall up and down according to your performances.

I wonder how they calculate SR and MMR and how they correlate to each other.

My gut tells me they keep track of your average SR across the season and weight the win/loss points according to that. Which means you can gain 200 or so on a streak and break into a new tier but if you "only" go 50/50 it brings you back down a bit to meet your MMR.

cyborg009

Banned
two games in a row I'm playing with people who are still doing placements WTF blizzard. And one of those guys were those meme reddit people only playing bastion throughout the entire game. And to make it worst it was on volyskia. We lost 4 to 5 such a waste of my damn time....

3 times now.

Antiwhippy

My gut tells me they keep track of your average SR across the season and weight the win/loss points according to that. Which means you can gain 200 or so on a streak and break into a new tier but if you "only" go 50/50 it brings you back down a bit to meet your MMR.

That's what I meant though, how does the SR and MMR fluctuate with each other, because it's not like the MMR is steady, but shouldn't it follow pretty closely with SR? Unless you play a lot of QP I guess which could mess things up because your SR won't change but your mmr will.

Maybe MMR doesn't get affected by streaks as well unlike SR?

Now my SR is down 500 points. I don't even know what to do at this point. I haven't had a fun match in ages and I'm always getting blown out.

That sucks, but keep at it. Might be good to step back re-evaluate your own game too. My highest peak and lowest drop is like 1000SR apart, but I'm climbing back to near my highest.

ohkay

That's what I meant though, how does the SR and MMR fluctuate with each other, because it's not like the MMR is steady, but shouldn't it follow pretty closely with SR? Unless you play a lot of QP I guess which could mess things up because your SR won't change but your mmr will.

Maybe MMR doesn't get affected by streaks as well unlike SR?
I'm pretty sure QP MMR and competitive MMR is separate. I'm in plat, but get grouped regularly with diamonds/masters in QP

Anyone on console ever deal with and fix lag issues?
I recently moved into a new home, didn't change anything about my setup or my provider, my speeds actually went UP, and all of a sudden I'm getting crazy lag when I had no issues at all before.

I've tried to look up port settings and all that but I can't seem to get anything to work it sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom