• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

QP is just not fun when one team is try harding ie going full meta comp while the other team is a bunch of dps and one healer.

idk if it's the weekend or something but god

only been playing QP and it's like in whatever role I'm in, I'll be working my ass off and our team still lose

I'll have like career best healing with mercy and lots of rezzes or be on fire a lot with tracer and we still just lose

I'm not good enough to carry but it felt like whatever progress was being made in each match was due to me a lot of the time ;-;

cyborg009

Banned
I'm having some really frustrating games today. I keep getting matched with people who just got the game and only play mercy too.

the worst was 3 players that didn't use including the mercy who got hammer downed...

idk if it's the weekend or something but god

only been playing QP and it's like in whatever role I'm in, I'll be working my ass off and our team still lose

I'll have like career best healing with mercy and lots of rezzes or be on fire a lot with tracer and we still just lose

I'm not good enough to carry but it felt like whatever progress was being made in each match was due to me a lot of the time ;-;

From someone who has been playing a lot of Zenyatta recently, it is incredibly difficult to carry with supports.

So much depends on your teammates helping you stay alive and them taking advantage of the opportunities you are opening up, such as with Zen's discord orb.

From someone who has been playing a lot of Zenyatta recently, it is incredibly difficult to carry with supports.

So much depends on your teammates helping you stay alive and them taking advantage of the opportunities you are opening up, such as with Zen's discord orb.
Yeah, it did feel like no matter what I was doing people just weren't pushing. Playing Mercy with a bad team is like a gauntlet test to improve your positioning tho LOL.

No one to fly to most of the time, so you've just gotta use cover well and try and plan your exits.

Yeah, it did feel like no matter what I was doing people just weren't pushing. Playing Mercy with a bad team is like a gauntlet test to improve your positioning tho LOL.

No one to fly to most of the time, so you've just gotta use cover well and try and plan your exits.

Mercy is probably the worst of it, randoms just don't know how to help her with positioning and how to take advantage of her Res. Such a frustrating character :(

Somewhat relieved to see that I am not the only one who has fallen a lot in SR recently. In the past 2 weeks I have dropped from 3800-3900 to 3200-3300 after being there for about a month. All of this on console fyi

Kremzeek

yeah, so many times i feel like the supports should have some kind of extra defensive cooldown for any "oh shit" moments.

and the "oh shit" moments seem to happen constantly when queuing by yourself LOL.

yeah, so many times i feel like the supports should have some kind of extra defensive cooldown for any "oh shit" moments.

and the "oh shit" moments seem to happen constantly when queuing by yourself LOL.

Zen has his ult for the "oh shit" moments if that counts lol

Never truly realized how annoying Tracers were until I got killed by one 4 times in one game with my Zen when I was getting no help on the back line. A defensive cooldown would have been helpful there.

maomaoIYP

two games in a row I'm playing with people who are still doing placements WTF blizzard. And one of those guys were those meme reddit people only playing bastion throughout the entire game. And to make it worst it was on volyskia. We lost 4 to 5 such a waste of my damn time....

3 times now.

Players in placements for S3 are put into games against opponents of a similar skill tier. The fact that they don't have a tier symbol yet doesn't mean much. My very first placement game this season had masters and diamond players.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Every support except zen has that.

Ana has 2 of the strongest skills when it comes to that.

And zen's is "oh shit I gotta discord and remove your head with my balls"

Every support except zen has that.

Ana has 2 of the strongest skills when it comes to that.

And zen's is "oh shit I gotta discord and remove your head with my balls"
350px-Mercy-portrait.png

2948 to 2770.

Solo q is just fucking luck of the draw. I’m not playing any better or worse when I went from 25XX to 29XX. Plus I get stuck playing support and majority of the time, so I can’t really carry. It just comes down to if I have DPS that doesn’t suck. Our tanks are decent most of the time and so is the other support, but I just keep getting shit DPS players that are horrible (Hanzo mains). This just feels like Russian Roulette.

Gorillaz

anyone having problems trying to get online for ps4?

gonna assume this is blessing in disguise because I was going to have a rough night

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
The drop rate for purples and golds during this event feels extremely low, lower than any other event. After 30 levels I've gotten just one gold.

The rest have been this:

j2Bqj4.gif

AbaFadi

Banned
A lot of console players here play on really low sensitivity I just found out. You guys should try increasing it and getting used to it. Playing on anything below 50 I can't imagine is very helpful as you start climbing. You're gonna have really slow reactions to enemies behind you at a really low sensitivity.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
People get so angry at this video game. Why cant they just accept that you cant win them all. Chill out.

I don't think everyone's angry. Some are frustrated but others are just having conversation and laughs. This is always the issue with forums and text chat, you sometimes project your own emotions into others' posts because no one knows how anyone else is truly feeling.

A lot of console players here play on really low sensitivity I just found out. You guys should try increasing it and getting used to it. Playing on anything below 50 I can't imagine is very helpful as you start climbing. You're gonna have really slow reactions to enemies behind you at a really low sensitivity.

I feel like they should add a Resident Evil style quick turn button for those users, unless there already is one and I didn't know about it.

maomaoIYP

I'm mid diamond. I can't hit anything with any sort of accuracy with a sensitivity more than 25/15.

AbaFadi

Banned
I know a few people who play on somewhat low sens, like 40-30, but that's usually only for McCree. My friend on ps4 who was number 1 overall at some point plays on 100-100. I can't play that fast, so I go 75-75. On PC I play 1600 DPI and 2.25 in-game.

Moonkid

I started playing in the 20s, I'm peaked out at 50 for now. My thumb can't handle any more than that :p I haven't done any aiming exercises though which may alleviate that.

hypernima

Banned
I know a few people who play on somewhat low sens, like 40-30, but that's usually only for McCree. My friend on ps4 who was number 1 overall at some point plays on 100-100. I can't play that fast, so I go 75-75. On PC I play 1600 DPI and 2.25 in-game.

I play 40-40. Never really tried a high Sens. Might give it a go in QP.

Btw I have officially broke my season high! Took three months, but I broke it!
by one point.

Heal station.

Yup.

Lets him last way too long as a DPS.

Also, after knocking on 2900's door for the past month it finally happened.

5 losses and a draw. Back down to 2600.

Yay. Fuck this game, I love playing it but I just can't stand the people sometimes.

I think the most annoying thing to experience is being asked to play Ana when mine isn't that comp ready, and then the Genji and Zarya who are out of LoS away from the point are asking for heals and berating me for killing the things I can hit and healing the tanks I can see on the point.

Ugh.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, I'm gonna try and go full evil and learn to play Mei.

Any general tips for a new player (of Mei, not the game)?

Anne

Okay, I'm gonna try and go full evil and learn to play Mei.

Any general tips for a new player?

Get good at hitting M2 since you're taking a DPS slot. It actually is a good source of damage. Use wall to separate, not to stall. Whenever there's downtime where you know a fight can't happen (usually post fight) pop ice block to heal, you can get 15%~ of an ult for healing from low.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I want to watch top-level Overwatch competitive gameplay. Any suggested YouTube channels?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yup.

Lets him last way too long as a DPS.

Also, after knocking on 2900's door for the past month it finally happened.

5 losses and a draw. Back down to 2600.

Yay. Fuck this game, I love playing it but I just can't stand the people sometimes.

I think the most annoying thing to experience is being asked to play Ana when mine isn't that comp ready, and then the Genji and Zarya who are out of LoS away from the point are asking for heals and berating me for killing the things I can hit and healing the tanks I can see on the point.

Ugh.

I had a great example of that with a pharah asking for heals outside of the choke of volks b.

While I'm trying to keep everyone alive on the point where the rest of the team is at.

pizzacat

Banned
2447 to 2803

All on one Monday

So why play on the weekend is my question

I could keep going but I got enough points for the gold weapon I put my mind on since season start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom