• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

That just sounds like it's manipulating your SR.

It kind of is. It's actually there to kinda deal with groups and boosting. Like, if you are being carried a ton while your stats are complete garbage, it's going to be hard to earn SR. If you do get a ton of SR but your stats are still garbage, the game is going to drop your SR a lot faster to reflect your stats. If you have crazy stats, it works the opposite and tries to dump you with SR until you get higher up.

Veelk

Banned
Also, I still want a soldier nerf. I still don't see why they buffed him in the first place. He's not unmanagable, but he's more powerful than he should be. I think he's probably worse on console than he is on PC. I'm guessing mouse aiming helps McCree keep up with him in damage. But on consoles, I feel like there's little reason to choose McCree over soldier because his tracking fire is going to be more effective 9 times out of ten than McCree's precision firing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It kind of is. It's actually there to kinda deal with groups and boosting. Like, if you are being carried a ton while your stats are complete garbage, it's going to be hard to earn SR. If you do get a ton of SR but your stats are still garbage, the game is going to drop your SR a lot faster to reflect your stats. If you have crazy stats, it works the opposite and tries to dump you with SR until you get higher up.
I don't know just seems like at this point(as in currently as I'm playing) the game is punishing me hardcore regardless of my performance when before I was losing smaller bits of rank now I'm just losing chunks and my stats are in competition with my team's DPS throughout the entire game.

Anne

I don't know just seems like at this point(as in currently as I'm playing) the game is punishing me hardcore regardless of my performance when before I was losing smaller bits of rank now I'm just losing chunks and my stats are in competition with my team's DPS throughout the entire game.

Your stats compared to your DPS don't really matter. Your DPS might be shitty too. Your stats compared to the average of other like players on that same hero matter.

Again, we don't have any concrete numbers and proof of everything, but there's been enough experimenting around with different accounts to get the idea of kinda how this works. If you are losing large chunks of SR, then yeah the MM system is trying to drag you down to reflect where it thinks you should be based on your stats.

I have this happen to me in the opposite direction right now. I'm gaining 60~ SR a win and losing 20SR or so a loss. It's trying to drag me up. It can also drag people down.

Lmao surprise bastion.

"Who is dealing this damage?"

"oh"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Your stats compared to your DPS don't really matter. Your DPS might be shitty too. Your stats compared to the average of other like players on that same hero matter.

Again, we don't have any concrete numbers and proof of everything, but there's been enough experimenting around with different accounts to get the idea of kinda how this works. If you are losing large chunks of SR, then yeah the MM system is trying to drag you down to reflect where it thinks you should be based on your stats.

I have this happen to me in the opposite direction right now. I'm gaining 60~ SR a win and losing 20SR or so a loss. It's trying to drag me up. It can also drag people down.
Well goddamit, I'm gonna drag it all the way back up. zen carry inc.

ZhLuYPe.gif

RemiLP

Do you have any idea what kind of stats the game is looking at? I usually play Zen and have a 65% win rate with him, so im doing something right atleast. But when i play him, i almost need to win 2 games for every loss to keep my rank.

Anne

Do you have any idea what kind of stats the game is looking at? I usually play Zen and have a 65% win rate with him, so im doing something right atleast. But when i play him, i almost need to win 2 games for every loss to keep my rank.

Nope. I don't know that much, I play DPS and flex tank. from my experience kill participation seems to matter the most, but that's just from my perspective.

Anne

Tbf, again I'm pretty sure the SR systems work fine for higher tier supports. I'd imagine Bronze-Plat is a nightmare for getting higher support averages? Idk how the system differentiates between ranks.

Veelk

Banned
What do you guys think about a Widowmaker ult duration buff?

I suggested before that Widowmaker's ult should get a Sym style rework to be more offensive capabilities, like temporarily enlargening the head hitbox of enemies so Widowmaker can more easily get shots in. But honestly a wall hack is useful ult....theoretically...but it has a duration problem. It lasts 15.5 seconds. Just getting to the objective takes more than 20 I think on payload maps. And a critical point about ANY ult is that you have to know when to activate it...but how are you supposed to know when to do so here? The entire point of a wallhack is to reveal enemy position that you aren't aware of. So the only time to use it is when you don't know where the enemy team is...except that means you could be wasting it, because you only know if the enemy is close enough that revealing their position is useful after you use it.

But if it lasted like a minute or atleast 45 seconds, then you effectively have wallhack for 1-2 pushes no matter what. And that's a buff that could give a big advantage for the whole team without touching her sniping capability.

RemiLP

well, that was kind of disappointing :p

Dont really like the APEX format. Stretches out for too long, and too little action on the days they play.

Veelk

Banned
Its fine, its an ult that you can easily counter. How do you counter big head mode? lol you can probably wipe the entire teamout with an ult like that.

The same way? Get out of the line of fire, Genji reflects, D.Va DM's, Winston bubbles, etc. Big head mode is something I only see happening for Widowmaker, not the whole team.

I should note that I'm on console though. I know Widowmaker is not super useful on PC either, but she's utterly useless on console unless your using a mouse for her. I'm perfectly fine with this buff being console exclusive and not something that PC players have to deal with. An easier target is something console Widows can actually use though.

Skii

What do you guys think about a Widowmaker ult duration buff?

I suggested before that Widowmaker's ult should get a Sym style rework to be more offensive capabilities, like temporarily enlargening the head hitbox of enemies so Widowmaker can more easily get shots in. But honestly a wall hack is useful ult....theoretically...but it has a duration problem. It lasts 15.5 seconds. Just getting to the objective takes more than 20 I think on payload maps. And a critical point about ANY ult is that you have to know when to activate it...but how are you supposed to know when to do so here? The entire point of a wallhack is to reveal enemy position that you aren't aware of. So the only time to use it is when you don't know where the enemy team is...except that means you could be wasting it, because you only know if the enemy is close enough that revealing their position is useful after you use it.

But if it lasted like a minute or atleast 45 seconds, then you effectively have wallhack for 1-2 pushes no matter what. And that's a buff that could give a big advantage for the whole team without touching her sniping capability.

Wallhacks for a minute lmfao. Widow with wall hack is basically like a Torb using molten core. It's massive area denial because good widows with wallhacks will kill everything thats not a tank.

And I'd stop playing this game if Widow's ult would enlargen your head hitbox.

Anne

We had a pretty good Widow on our team while I was streaming the other night. Her ult came up and you could watch the entire enemy team just mill about near spawn for the entire duration.

She's nowhere near bad on PC. She's really good, just a bit niche.

ISOM

I feel like whenever Veeik talks about WIdow, there should be a disclaimer that he's talking about console Widow because no one thinks WIdow is weak on PC.

LiK

I'm encountering more and more good Widows on console and it sucks. Those one hit headshots are just as annoying as Hanzo's one shots.

Veelk

Banned
I feel like whenever Veeik talks about WIdow, there should be a disclaimer that he's talking about console Widow because no one thinks WIdow is weak on PC.

I eventually am going to migrate over to PC whenever I upgrade/the PS4 community dies. I eagerly await to see what it's like to live in a world where Widow isn't worthless.

That said, she doens't get much use on PC either, doesn't she? She gets picked to get a hopeful quick kill at the start of matches, but then gets switched off, from waht I understand.

LiK

I eventually am going to migrate over to PC whenever I upgrade/the PS4 community dies. I eagerly await to see what it's like to live in a world where Widow isn't worthless.

That said, she doens't get much use on PC either, doesn't she? She gets picked to get a hopeful quick kill at the start of matches, but then gets switched off, from waht I understand.

Widow is considered a troll pick in Comp for all platforms by the community in general from what I know.

Anne

On certain maps she can snowball entire rounds from a single pick. She's a map and strat specific hero, but it's not like players don't win entire fights/maps from 1-2 picks.

Widow is considered a troll pick in Comp for all platforms by the community in general from what I know.

High level PC comp is not a troll pick. If the Widowmaker is even remotely strong it is a huge pain in the ass.

ISOM

She does get a lot of use. From lower to higher ranks you see her a lot. Maybe you need to see a good Widow PC wipe your team before you realize how OP she can be.

Blues1990

The game really likes to give me Mei's legendaries from the event...

I bought Yeti Hunter, the best skin.

Look how cute she is, I'm not going to change! Give me Rein or D.Va instead ;_;

Yeah, I switch between Yeti Hunter & Earthen for the smol marshmallow, but I've been using Yeti Hunter a bit more as of late. It's easily her cutest skin & one of the better Legendary drops you can obtain.

It's weird. I got all the Epic skins from the Lunar event, but aside from Mei's Luna Legendary, the others are almost impossible to obtain, as I only got treasure chests. :(

LiK

High level PC comp is not a troll pick. If the Widowmaker is even remotely strong it is a huge pain in the ass.

I think high level anything isn't considered a troll pick in general. Even Sombra. But the community considers them to be so because of "meta".

Skii

I think high level anything isn't considered a troll pick in general. Even Sombra. But the community considers them to be so.

Widow is definitely a more viable pick at top level than any other defence hero other than Mei imo. And she's more viable than Sombra but that might be down to lack of experience on her.

ISOM

I think high level anything isn't considered a troll pick in general. Even Sombra. But the community considers them to be so.

Tracer, and Genji are considered troll picks too sometimes. That is purely something of the lower level/casual crowds that deal with bad players who pick those heroes and don't do anything with them.

Veelk

Banned
On certain maps she can snowball entire rounds from a single pick. She's a map and strat specific hero, but it's not like players don't win entire fights/maps from 1-2 picks.

I feel like saying Bastion is a powerful hero because he can team wipe in a few very specific situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom