• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once I teamed up in a group of 6 random players through solo queue. We all clicked 'stay as team' and then went on to have like a 5 game winstreak before I had to go. For someone that always solo queues this felt so amazing. ;;

Got back up to my Season high SR of 2735 last night, after 6 hours of back and forth play.

Hopeling to break 2800 today but I probably won't grind it out so much.

Calming down toxic players arguing over the mic was probably the highlight of my day. Not going to be like them anymore.

If you just keep going "Hey, hey, hey" over the mic it's hard for anyone to argue lol.

Meccs

We should really be able to select what hero we want to see in the main menu. Roadhog is kinda unsettling in that size... /s

For once I teamed up in a group of 6 random players through solo queue. We all clicked 'stay as team' and then went on to have like a 5 game winstreak before I had to go. For someone that always solo queues this felt so amazing. ;;
I had this too yesterday. But you always play against another pre-made, right? It took quite a while to find games as a group of 6.

So if there was a character who could summon decoys, like let's say two extra copies of themselves but that did no damage and had like 50hp, would that ruin high noon? Cus McCree only has 6 bullets

Talka

Overwatch has such an infuriating team management system. Fully half the games I lose are because someone on my team quits. Why are there are no replacement players or AI players? Why do I get fully penalized for a loss in these scenarios?

So frustrating when we go up 2-0 only to have someone quit and throw the game to the other team.

Magnus

Like 10 Comp. losses in a row. Plummetted from 2300 to like 1700. No one seems to give a shit or try or attempt a good team comp below 2000. It's so toxic and awful down here. Feel like I'm super stuck.

Meccs

I haven't compared it with in-game stats but Overbuff and the other web based stats tracking pages don't track hero win-losses correctly. I just played two games with Zarya and they never showed up in the stats yet the third game where I played 1/2 as Zarya and 1/2 as Zenyatta does show up but only for Zenyatta. Weird. Also since I played 3 matches it should show all 3 but only the last one is under "recent activity".

Edit never mind, the games from an hour ago showed up an hour later for some reason..

Snagret

Like 10 Comp. losses in a row. Plummetted from 2300 to like 1700. No one seems to give a shit or try or attempt a good team comp below 2000. It's so toxic and awful down here. Feel like I'm super stuck.
I got placed in 2300 at the start of the season and dropped like a lead balloon down to 1700. Trying to fight my way back up was pure torture. A loss or a win feels completely random, and it -always- feels like the opposing team is so much more coordinated. You just have to pray and get lucky.

Saturday I was at 2400, every game I played this weekend I got paired up with leavers or people who don't listen and charge in 1v6 and get picked off. I dropped down to 2200 and I'm putting the game down till the weekend is over.

It's amazing how huge of a difference it makes playing on the weekdays. I always, always regret playing on Sat/Sun.

Me and my buddy are searching for players who want to group up.

I play a good roadhog and he plays a mindblowing Genji as main. We pretty much got the basics and can switch around multiple heroes if needed. Somehow we always get grouped up with hanzo etc.

Is GAF the place to find a group for competitive? I'm playing on PC.

What's your battletag? I'm in your range and can't find many people to group up with.

Dear diary,

Today was a good day...

OtNxqvh.png

Noctis3

1) Put up your shield. 2) Put up your shield. 3) PUT UP YOUR SHIELD.

Also don't charge into the entire enemy team and leave your team without a shield.

In teamfights swing your hammer around like a maniac.
But he's useless if your DPS can't get a pick, he's a giant waste of space at that point.

I know they'd never do it but imagining a Rein with 600hp, the force barrier being only a personal shield (but increasing the walk speed) and lowering his charge cooldown would make the most metal character ever

Kevyt

Reaching diamond feels almost impossible in solo Q... I was at 2998 SR until I lost like 10 matches in a row and dropped to 2500... Currently at 2600, and I think I'll get stuck here.

I suppose I should just play DPS and get better with my accuracy to rank up.

I like playing Rein, but it really sucks when you shield up and your teammates can't aim or still take potshots while pivoting behind walls. You just feel awful.

In general, the worst two kinds of teammates are those that always rush in, and those that never go in.

Oxn

And in my experience the only people who are still picking Pharah have been maining her since launch. And they usually have a friend as a pocket healer. And my whole team goes this_is_fine.jpg and does nothing to stop her.

My main as Winston is usually the one who takes her out.

ohkay

how do you play reinhardt

i cant figure him out at all
The key thing about playing Reinhardt is positioning, and knowing where the direct threats are to your team. Your job is to make sure everyone behind you has the space they need to get their job done. Until a fight has completely broken the ranks, keep your shield up in the direction of the most relevant threat(s). Firestrike when you can, but do it safely (don't use it if there's a roadhog with hook off cd, enemy rein has earthshatter) until you have your ult. Swing your hammer when it'll do more than keeping your shield up, like when both teams are scattered and shield would provide minimal protection. Press forward, don't be afraid to advance on the enemy team otherwise you won't do any pushing. There's a lot to pay attention to when playing Rein, and this barely scrapes the surface, but just play him more and it'll come to you.

Also, don't randomly charge into a group full of enemies

Last night was the first time in a while I've been truly upset with this game. So many people leaving games because one thing doesn't go their way, especially on Nepal for some reason. Had one game where a Gold tier in a group of four Plats leaves because reasons and another when we were winning 2-1 on KOTH. The team was doing fine but I guess someone got pissy we didn't take it 3-0 so they bailed. Then another, then another. I tried to make the best of it by hanging out and being silly with the other team but their Rein just wailed on me so I got upset and left, which I never do.

I managed to get up to 2814 then, because of that last game I mentioned, I fell to 2789. Not the biggest drop but I thought you weren't supposed to get penalized if you leave after a certain time.

Oxn

In short this is my story of ranking.

Bought game right before christmas,
Hit 25,
Did rankings, and got placed at 1560
Did solo Qs, and dropped to the 900s with the quickness. Playing as 76.
Starting learning Winston and Zen, and now im lvl 54, doing a climb back at 1382.
Won 10 comps in a roll as winston.
Learned to stop playing tilted.

Foxxsoxx

Getting real frustrated playing solo with all the quitters and just awful players.

Blows my mind how often this happens which is almost every match.

rulerk1

I am so tired of seeing Mercy over Lucio in gold rank.People with 15-30 hours on her playing like amateurs is so disappointing. Whenever I pick another healer, the other healer switches off of them.

I saw some dude with a season high of 3500 in our gold matches. He played Bastion/Symm on Oasis. Not sure if he was throwing but i won the 2 against him but lost the one with him.

don't play ranked on a weekend. learn from the mistakes of those who came before you.

Nighttime on the weekend is good tbh. at least on PS4

Duress

I feel like it's rare for Zarya to build energy past 50. Maybe they should give more energy from shielding team mates.

Meccs

I feel like it's rare for Zarya to build energy past 50. Maybe they should give more energy from shielding team mates.
Use your shield(s) on enemy ults. Easy 100%. I run into Hanzo's ultimate if my shield is up for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom