• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any luck fixing lag issues on console? I just moved and didn't change anything about my setup but now I have unplayable lag...I've tried to open some ports but no luck...

Bastion takes 35% less damage while in Sentry or Tank configuration

This is the only thing I don't like about the Bastion changes. It's going to take forever to kill him as Genji for example...

The good thing is that he won't have a chance against a Pharah in sentry form now because he won't be able to hit her consistently with that spread plus the fact that he can't do critical damage aymore.

Zenyatta can no longer be targeted when Transcendence is active

So you can no longer be booped if you are ulting? Because that happened to me once and I felt bad ;_;

Resurrect
While performing a resurrection, Mercy now becomes temporarily invulnerable along with the allies being revived

Finally, tired of hearing my Mercy res and then see her on the kill-feed right after.

Eichenwalde
A second gate no longer closes after the payload passes through the castle doors. Instead, rubble from the damaged doorway partially blocks the entrance.
Developer Comments: Once the offensive team gets through the castle entrance, the map becomes very heavily stacked in the defense’s favor. This change will give the offense more entrance options, which should improve the map’s overall balance.

Took them long enough.

Mawile

Banned
There...got my lootboxes. Still haven't gotten the D.Va skin yet despite playing a ton. At 2,000 coins, though.

I'd kinda hate to have to use the coins since I want some emotes, but I might just have to at this point. I've spent about 20$+ so far on this event trying to get that skin, seems like I might have to spend another 20.

I'm playing on pc for the first time in a while and ppl are being islamophobic in chat

Whyyyyy

I've ran into so many Trump supporters in game myself. Bleck.

Please please please put quick play under the arcade banner so I don't need to grind for boxes in these utter shit game types. Not one of them is good. I'm even sick of mystery heroes because so many people suck at certain characters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So what do people think about the bastion changes?

He just seems like soldier without burst and that's kinda meh?

Nano tank get tankier though and nano tank is already one of the best combos in the game.

Oberon

Banned
Not really. He's about pressure and disruption, but you don't really flank with him. You just annoy the enemy team/cause them to turn around. You don't flank, you dive. If you go in with a good genji and work with them, things die quick. You can also work with your hitscan dps to hop on people who have taken 100+ dmg for easy kill confirms. Winston requires good communication and teamwork moreso than anything else. You also need to be able to hop on things and be able to either hop out, or take out the important targets before you go.

Edit: Knowing where your healers are/healthpack and map knowledge are very important as well when playing Winston. You have to make yourself survivable, since you are so easy to hit.

I see, so not so great when playing with random people online

ohkay

Please please please put quick play under the arcade banner so I don't need to grind for boxes in these utter shit game types. Not one of them is good. I'm even sick of mystery heroes because so many people suck at certain characters.
They won't because then everyone would just play quick play and not the modes meant for arcade. The loot boxes are the carrot to get people to play arcade

Mawile

Banned

I'm glad someone said it. I find all of these modes stressful and just straight up unfun. Quickplay would make it so much better.

exYle

No limits, hope for defense, stack Symmetras.

They won't because then everyone would just play quick play and not the modes meant for arcade. The loot boxes are the carrot to get people to play arcade
Then why even bother with them at all?

I've played 7 mystery heroes matches tonight and won only one of them. It's infuriating.

from the PTR patch notes:

Capture the Rooster has been, without a doubt, Overwatch’s most popular brawl.​

i am just dumbfounded by this. i thought the CTF mode was universally despised?....

It's disliked by people who misunderstand what it is. Capture the Rooster is to Overwatch what 2fort is to TF2. The flag is just a red herring. It provides some small structure for what is secretly a deathmatch mode. CTF is one of the few modes where you will rarely see Rheinhardt the sad rectangle man and get to experience goofy random 1 v 1's like a typical fps instead of the constant blobbing that takes place in the standard modes.

It's such a joy wandering around as Hanzo in ctf flicking arrows at people and looking super cute. Occasionally I'll accidentally step on the flag and cap. But I don't really care if I do or not. CTF is a much stronger place to get better at mechanics than quickplay IMO for this reason.

If you are just grinding for crates you're better off doing something with faster turnover like 3 v 3. But if you play a lot of ctf like I do and enjoy the experience the crates will come naturally. Especially, if you are a pro Hanzo like myself.

Fancolors

What the fuck?, why are you worrying about a Billion Dollar compant bottom line

We paid for the game, this isn't some Free to Play bullshit that we are taking advantage of

Let people earn boxes anyway they like
Its fucking cosmetic stuff, its not pay to win, right?

Unreal
At what point did I say I was worried about Blizzard? I'm not asking for them to crack down on people botting for boxes. If it works for them, hey, fine. I'm curious about how they would act in case it becomes a recurring thing.

I'm actually glad they can do it on custom games, because then it means 1v1 encounters with them won't be an one sided snore chore lol

No, you only lose points from leaving, disconnecting or losing.

If someone on your team leaves you're practically guaranteed a loss, so the answer to that might as well be yes.

Oh, so you do lose points if someone abandons and you lose. That's what I was wondering.

That seems unfair to be honest. I had a guy quit in the first part of a three round game, and after that another person quit as well. Winning 4 vs 6 seems nigh impossible.

LiK

Oh, so you do lose points if someone abandons and you lose. That's what I was wondering.

That seems unfair to be honest. I had a guy quit in the first part of a three round game, and after that another person quit as well. Winning 4 vs 6 seems nigh impossible.

That's the worst. One guy leaves or disconnects and it's over. You either get a domino effect of others leaving or just get stomped. Unless you happen to have a really great team, it's generally a loss. I wish the penalty for losing with man down would be less harsh.

Fancolors

They should just export 2_fort into overwatch. No rebalancing or anything, all you need is an excuse to shoot at other people anyway.

Antiwhippy

Problem with that though is that it can create a scenario where a losing team can force someone to leave so that they won't lose SR.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
When you get told by a 4 stack you suck when you have gold elims, gold objective kills, a 20 kill streak, 10k damage and gold healing as Zen.

On my life I hope they step on some legos.

edit: For posterity
ZS218Ls.jpg

XenoRaven

One win in CTF Blizzard. Just one win. Not a draw. Not a blowout where my team has no idea how to actually play video games. A win. One. Uno. Please. I'm begging you at this point.

Nimby

Banned
Bastion's buffs are kinda like a rework, I think they'll make him way more viable moreso to what they did to Symmetra.

Antiwhippy

I actually like CTF, it's just that it's hard to find a random group that actually coordinates at all when playing it. Which is kinda why I want it in a mode with higher stakes.

Anne

I see, so not so great when playing with random people online

Depends on how good you are at spacing and reading into what your team wants to do. He's pretty good in solo q since you only need basic coordination to play him, but you need really good call outs to play against him.

Mawile

Banned
CTF to me is the most fun mode in FPS games, but in Overwatch? I find it pretty darn terrible.

On one of the maps Ice Wall is really over powered if being used to capture the flag and block off the entrance. Symettra dominates this mode so insanely it becomes a consistent battle of camping and people respawning to the flag area. If someone fast grabs the flag, it's nearly impossible to catch up to them most of the time because of how small the maps are and the way certain characters in Overwatch are designed and they easily score a point.

A lot of the games are draws due to using preexisting map designs and not balancing which characters can be used or not. It becomes a painful process sometimes dealing with a Sym and a Torb in unison, and if they have a Mei as well you'll bet your high nooner she'll be freezing you around the turrets or using her ult to prevent you from gaining the flag as you die from said turrets.

From all of the time I've poured into this mode I simply don't think it's viable without a lot of changes.

ElyrionX

So far this event, I've got the skins for Mei, Dva, Junkrat and Symmetra. But the one I really want is Tracer. Oh well. Will just buy it on the last day if I don't get it before then.

Antiwhippy

The thing is, complaints about torb/sym reads to me like a problem that you rarely find co-ordinated teams in that mode now, because it's not like static defenses are a new thing in overwatch, and torb +sym is still a terrible combo because you basically have 2 terrible DPSs. The times where I can get a proper team push together instead of everyone farting off doing their own thing, sym and torb gets flattened so quickly it's not funny, as in it's not funny because they're still 2 fairly bad characters, with sym being just about ok nowadays.

Mawile

Banned
The thing is, complaints about torb/sym reads to me like a problem that you rarely find co-ordinated teams in that mode now, because it's not like static defenses are a new thing in overwatch, and torb +sym is still a terrible combo because you basically have 2 terrible DPSs. The times where I can get a proper team push together instead of everyone farting off doing their own thing, sym and torb gets flattened so quickly it's not funny, as in it's not funny because they're still 2 fairly bad characters, with sym being just about ok nowadays.

It's harder to deal with in this mode because you have two bases essentially and in these close quarters maps they just dominate and consistently boost up defenses.

The amount of coordination required to win against these outcomes I'd say is higher than just playing Quick Play. It's a lot easier to deal with those characters in normal Overwatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom