• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

gotta hit top 500 now.

Best believe I'm gonna go for it. My goal coming back after tank meta was to hit GM without much fuss. Next season might be when I make that type push. I might get it just playing naturally and getting better too, I already keep up with some of that level.

Skii

Your reaper was good in the game I played with you.
At least you didn't have to put up with this.

Not sure what I could even do in that situation. Solo healing (and they have sombra so limited health packs yay).
When I go to a health pack, soldier who was at full health dies when I get back, bastion is throwing the game by sitting in that room doing nothing. Probably could've healed McCree if I was further back and not used the dart when our hog had got bubbled but didn't really have time to react to the bubble I think.

You can't really do anything there. You had to use grenade on graviton because you were going to die to aimbot anyway. But it's obvious it was basically 5v6 the entire match with that Bastion lol.

Practicing Ana in QP right now. This hero can carry HARD.

She truly can. I feel some people really dont utilize her to her full potential. Ive been playing her since she dropped and shes easily my favorite to play as. Its so satisfying putting a roadhog or soldier to sleep during their ults, or taking people out when they try to escape with a little bit of health left

Anne

btw I did delete some peeople off my friendlist recently due to the frame drop debacle. IT worked too. Anyways, if people really wanted to play with me from here got deleted, I am sorry and we can fix this ;~;

rulerk1

Why do ppl tilt hard and give up when we can't get a point on 2cp. Dude crying saying he would sit in spawn and give playing bastion. Next match I was against him and my team shit on him. I shot down his reaper as a fucking Lucio. Fuck ppl like that man

LiK

btw I did delete some peeople off my friendlist recently due to the frame drop debacle. IT worked too. Anyways, if people really wanted to play with me from here got deleted, I am sorry and we can fix this ;~;

I was never there. It's fine. Come to PS4.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Maybe I'll go back to learning how to play Rein in case I end up in a game where someone else picks Soldier before I do.

It's just that sometimes Rein is completely useless if you're in a party that refuses to use his shield, or a healer who doesn't bother to heal you.

Chance

Dude I would be straight silver on PS4 lmao

I haven't played a shooter on console in like 2 years now? In any serious manner for like 4-5. I'd be a potato.

I hadn't played an online shooter in EVER before Overwatch, and I'm gold/plat. Your knowledge and gamesense alone would do quite well, I suspect.

No unlocks, though. That's why I'll probably never get the PC version. I have everything I want for all my mains, and I will NOT give up Rose Tracer, tyvm.

Skii

Maybe I'll go back to learning how to play Rein in case I end up in a game where someone else picks Soldier before I do.

It's just that sometimes Rein is completely useless if you're in a party that refuses to use his shield, or a healer who doesn't bother to heal you.

It's actually quite amazing how the best hero in the game is also the most team dependant hero in the game.

I've had a few games today where my team is not shooting at the opposing Rein's shield meaning I lose the shield battle and my team keeps losing. And then of course I have to explain this to them when they say "Why did you drop your shield Rein???" even though it broke. But of course when I do try shield management, someone gets immediately picked by their Roadhog. And then I get blamed for that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He is still good even if no one is behind you. He is an obstacle people have to move past. Until you reach about 3600 and people realize that a Rein standing on his own can get rushed easily. Caught a surprising number of reins like that. And I got punished in the same way myself a few times last night.

On that note: I need to get used to playing at 3800+ Elo. Anything up to 3700 and my rein play is fine, but the level of punishment at that rank actually shoots up exponentially. my shield management actually needed to level up to do anything last night, though I did figure it out at the end. Also, pro tip I worked out after Anne told me about shield hopping towards the enemy: Lucio speed boost and shield hop past the enemy Rein for a free earth shatter. You have to tell your team about this before hand so they can spread out and don't get shattered as well, but it should work well.

KiraFA37

It's actually quite amazing how the best hero in the game is also the most team dependant hero in the game.

I've had a few games today where my team is not shooting at the opposing Rein's shield meaning I lose the shield battle and my team keeps losing. And then of course I have to explain this to them when they say "Why did you drop your shield Rein???" even though it broke. But of course when I do try shield management, someone gets immediately picked by their Roadhog. And then I get blamed for that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My team, well Roadhog, not shooting the Rein shield is why I lost my previous comp game. Its like people are scared to shoot the shield sometimes. I'm constantly shooting it as soldier or Zarya but I always need that bit more to finish it off, I mean a no shield Reinhardt is a dead Reinhardt.

hypernima

Banned
Yah, I know, but a well played Ana is quite effective is all I'm saying, especially in a world filled with Pharahs.

True. I find myself too often playing DPS Ana in games because none of the DPS in many of my games use Rein shields to their advantage. And it's hard playing her when everyone runs off or wants heals when not in my LOS.

I always want to play support more but when the DPS is ass I never get the chance to enjoy playing her :(

AbaFadi

Banned
He is still good even if no one is behind you. He is an obstacle people have to move past. Until you reach about 3600 and people realize that a Rein standing on his own can get rushed easily. Caught a surprising number of reins like that. And I got punished in the same way myself a few times last night.

On that note: I need to get used to playing at 3800+ Elo. Anything up to 3700 and my rein play is fine, but the level of punishment at that rank actually shoots up exponentially. my shield management actually needed to level up to do anything last night, though I did figure it out at the end. Also, pro tip I worked out after Anne told me about shield hopping towards the enemy: Lucio speed boost and shield hop past the enemy Rein for a free earth shatter. You have to tell your team about this before hand so they can spread out and don't get shattered as well, but it should work well.

That works a lot better if you bait out their earthshatter first. Everyone's gonna group up after you shatter and then they'll just get hit with a counter earthshatter. Even if you tell people not to group up, 9/10 times they will anyways.

Blues1990

With regards to custom games, is there anyway to limit the usable heroes per team? For example, I want Team A to only be able to select Soldier: 76, Reaper, Ana, Reinhardt, Torbjorn, and Mercy, while Team B can only select Bastion.

LiK

With regards to custom games, is there anyway to limit the usable heroes per team? For example, I want Team A to only be able to select Soldier: 76, Reaper, Ana, Reinhardt, Torbjorn, and Mercy, while Team B can only select Bastion.

Well, if it's custom, I assume you can limit what heroes can be played.

AbaFadi

Banned
Best believe I'm gonna go for it. My goal coming back after tank meta was to hit GM without much fuss. Next season might be when I make that type push. I might get it just playing naturally and getting better too, I already keep up with some of that level.
I was watching your stream this morning and you could definitely make it to top 500. Your aim is really good and you know the game really well. I need to jump back into competitive myself, don't really play it much anymore.

Huh, I realized something about Symmetra.

If D.va's mech goes down, you can lock onto D.va with Symm before she actually pops out of her mech.

Blues1990

Well, if it's custom, I assume you can limit what heroes can be played.

I know there is an option to limit certain heroes, but I want it so the opposing team (the attackers) can only select Bastion, while the opposing team (the defenders) can only select the heroes I have listed.

Anne

I was watching your stream this morning and you could definitely make it to top 500. Your aim is really good and you know the game really well. I need to jump back into competitive myself, don't really play it much anymore.

Thanks, but Idk. I can pinpoint when I first picked up PC shooters (15 months ago with CSGO). I know I'm pretty good, but there are dudes with a decade of aim over me and less cracks in their composure. I don't think I'm anything special, I'm just proof anybody with a decent mindset can do well.

LiK

I know there is an option to limit certain heroes, but I want it so the opposing team (the attackers) can only select Bastion, while the opposing team (the defenders) can only select the heroes I have listed.

I just checked. Seems you can choose what heroes can be picked based on teams too.

Jellie

The Bastion that hides behind a wall for the entire team fight, only to come out after the rest of the team is dead and just in time to kill himself to a deflecting Genji.

That can happen at any tier when somebody is throwing the game on purpose. They almost got to GM fell so decided to troll with bastion.

Anne

That can happen at any tier when somebody is throwing the game on purpose. They almost got to GM fell so decided to troll with bastion.

I had this happen to me today too. Had a guy on my team that hit GM, then lost like 400 SR and tilted so he dropped himself by another couple hundred by only trolling with Torb.

We managed to force a draw because the other team had a leaver and we just built our defense around the Torb.

I'll never understand tilt like that. Like, dude, just drink some milk and take a nap or something.

Mawnster

My experience with the server browser.

So far, so good! It's like being back to TF2. I got into this server that had 30 min matches, where the speed was 300% and the projectile speed was 200% or something. It was crazy fun and people were incredibly friendly. I played for 2 hours or so.

Then someone complained cause I was stomping with Symmetra. Said she was "still broken" and then accused me of spawncamping. Which, I wasn't. We were in Volskaya and I placed turrets on both sides of the entrance to the second point. Thing is, most people were playing around the first point. This guy just kept coming to the second point, trying to kill me. How am I spawncamping? That would imply that I'd be camping on their spawn, but he was coming to mine... I was so confused. Either this guy didn't know the meaning of this word or I was missing something. He was willingly coming to kill me, my turrets and my shield generator because he was mad at me. But blaming it on bs arguments... Jeez.

Overall, though, I'm really liking this update.

Skii

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

The closer I get to diamond, the worse the games are getting.

I'm telling you now there's absolutely no significant difference between gold players and diamond players other than mechanical skill. There's still plenty of diamond players with no game sense that are being carried by their ability to aim. And there's plenty of diamond players who enjoy throwing (???) lol.

Oxn

I can admit i get tilted pretty easily.

When you join a game, and you see the first 3 people who pick a hero is a mccree, hanzo, and widow, you just say F it, and pick tracer to practice on.

AbaFadi

Banned
Thanks, but Idk. I can pinpoint when I first picked up PC shooters (15 months ago with CSGO). I know I'm pretty good, but there are dudes with a decade of aim over me and less cracks in their composure. I don't think I'm anything special, I'm just proof anybody with a decent mindset can do well.

You can do it for sure. A friend of mine who used to play on ps4 and switched over to pc almost hit top 500 (he was like 4315 or something). This is someone who switched over like three weeks ago, with no prior pc experience lol. He only plays dps or Roadhog for the most part. Moral of the story, if someone who is getting used to the controls can almost do it, then you can too.

Anne

You know what's awesome? When I'm 3900 pushing into top 500 games and I get a player on my team on their career high of 3100.

I don't understand why people the devs deem too far outside of my skill bracket to queue with end up on my team anyways. I don't wanna be rude but diamond is like the worst mix of boosted and genuinely just people trying to get better. I never know what I'll get.

Grief.exe

You know what's awesome? When I'm 3900 pushing into top 500 games and I get a player on my team on their career high of 3100.

I don't understand why people the devs deem too far outside of my skill bracket to queue with end up on my team anyways. I don't wanna be rude but diamond is like the worst mix of boosted and genuinely just people trying to get better. I never know what I'll get.

My guess is the pool of people queueing is too small this time of day. Hopefully the algorithm balanced the other side accordingly, but it may just be impossible.

Jellie

I had this happen to me today too. Had a guy on my team that hit GM, then lost like 400 SR and tilted so he dropped himself by another couple hundred by only trolling with Torb.

We managed to force a draw because the other team had a leaver and we just built our defense around the Torb.

I'll never understand tilt like that. Like, dude, just drink some milk and take a nap or something.
What did he do to troll? Torb isn't too bad I think unless he deliberatly played bad like by not setting up a turret and running at the enemy.
The closer I get to diamond, the worse the games are getting.

I'm telling you now there's absolutely no significant difference between gold players and diamond players other than mechanical skill. There's still plenty of diamond players with no game sense that are being carried by their ability to aim. And there's plenty of diamond players who enjoy throwing (???) lol.

This was in the game I lost that if I had won I'd would have made it into masters...
He claimed he thought pharah was going to ult and to contest but you can see him charging off before pharah even said anything.

Also added bonus of this.
Didn't really make a difference anyway since they used four ults against us. Hopefully the PTR patch fixes that with the sensitivity changes.

Anne

What did he do to troll?

Picking attack Torb on Hanamura while writing the War and Peace of tilt-speak in team chat. I've never seen somebody that far gone as to write me a novella of their life in chat while still in character select.

Skii

This was in the game I lost that if I had won I'd would have made it into masters...
He claimed he thought pharah was going to ult and to contest but you can see him charging off before pharah even said anything.

Also added bonus of this. Didn't really make a difference anyway since they used four ults against us.

At least you can still play with me lmao.

I don't know if it was with you but I did my first boostio in comp today lol. We were all in a graviton and I try to boost Reinhardt who's absolutely massive and right in front of me but the game gave it to Lucio who wasn't even in my LOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom