• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro

Widow is super annoying but only if nobody bothers to dislodge her from taking free shots.

I dunno, she's on a real tightrope in regards to being super useless or being a nightmare to play against, but I think she's kinda mostly fine for now? Definitely getting more widows nowadays.

You can get some funny plays with her though.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ognglobal/WildSandpiperFrankerZ

She just encourages even more tank play and hiding behind Rein's shield.

Widow is super annoying but only if nobody bothers to dislodge her from taking free shots.

I dunno, she's on a real tightrope in regards to being super useless or being a nightmare to play against, but I think she's kinda mostly fine for now? Definitely getting more widows nowadays.

As a guy who plays mostly supports, it's super frustrating when a widow shuts down your entire team.

It's rare, but it happens.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
NYEeviB.jpg

why does this happen

KillGore

Widow needs a second ult. Hers is almost useless IMO as most of the enemies stay close to the point when defending. It works a little bit better with a payload but still

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Widow needs a second ult. Hers is almost useless IMO as most of the enemies stay close to the point when defending. It works a little bit better with a payload but still
Shorten it and let her shoot through buildings while it's active. Hope yall got shields/armor!

Nimby

Banned
New Widow ult should revert her back to launch Widow.

Or at least make it similar to Bastion/Genji ult where she becomes a badass for 6-8 seconds.

New Widow ult should revert her back to launch Widow.

Or at least make it similar to Bastion/Genji ult where she becomes a badass for 6-8 seconds.

They should make it so not only can she see through walls, she can shoot through them as well.

Still more balanced than Roadhog's hook
I only kid don't kill me

Nimby

Banned
Give her wallhacks and lower her grappling hook cd to like 3 seconds so she can go ham for her ult.

From a viewers perspective at least, that would be pretty fun.

Skii

I watched Kephrii absolutely destroy Seagull and Harbleu's team in a recent stream so no thanks to buffing Widow.

KanameYuuki

Just finished my 10 placements and ended with 2540 SR just 100 less than last season, I guess I'm not that bad or I had luck once again.

Nimby

Banned
They should give Widow a passive where if an enemy is in her LoS for half a second you die instantly and it forces you to switch to Mercy.

Shredderi

I find it almost impossible to have fun with this game anymore. For the last four matches I specifically psyched myself before matches to just have silly fun, not care about winning. After every match I was fuming. It has been the default experience for me for the last few months with the game. The game was soooo fun at the beginning when I was being mostly pitted against players of my own level. The matches were pretty much win one, lose one, win one. Nowadays it's 7 stomps in a row then a few wins then a few normal semi good matches ending in either loss or win and then stomp streaks again. It's those streaks that does this. Why is do I only get absolute shitstomp streaks, never win streaks. The whole thing statistically manages to balance itself out (artificial 50%) but not in a manner that makes for a fun and relaxed gaming experience as a whole. I'm still playing everyday propably because it's something akin to an addiction or just routine but my stress hormone levels always rise up in an unpleasant way. It's also the only game my friends play together. I just wish the 50% forced ratio manifested itself in the same way it did at the beginning for me (win and lose every other match).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
People wanting to give Widow a Farsight ult, what is happening?!
I did also say shorten the timespan. She can only fire so many times a second. You don't have to give her enough time to wipe a team or anything, and the person would still need to track targets and aim well, and shields (incl rein) and armor can still be as good as always. I don't see why it's so unreasonable so long as the timespan is in the sweet spot. It's not like she generates ult very quickly.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I did also say shorten the timespan. She can only fire so many times a second. You don't have to give her enough time to wipe a team or anything, and the person would still need to track targets and aim well, and shields (incl rein) and armor can still be as good as always. I don't see why it's so unreasonable so long as the timespan is in the sweet spot. It's not like she generates ult very quickly.

Because this is what happens when widow gets her ult and cover is not an issue (in this case, it's bad players ignoring cover)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_TkyNy5zBE#t=10m10s

A friend of mine dragged us into no limits in the pursuit of lootboxes, finally encountered the NEW Symmetra stack (well 4 of them plus Mercy and Torb for extra armour and heals).
Bloody hell it was not good, for some reason it wasn't until the last minute when we remembered Pharah was a character that existed but it was too late.

Really though I'm salty I still didn't get Winston's minesweeper trophy, how many freakin' turrets must I slay in one life?!
Also while I know balancing Winston is a delicate process and giving him more power may end up pulling a Soldier 76 I must add that Mercy heal beam being able to outpace any Winston tickle tesla damage is just plain poopy.

A friend of mine dragged us into no limits in the pursuit of lootboxes, finally encountered the NEW Symmetra stack (well 4 of them plus Mercy and Torb for extra armour and heals).
Bloody hell it was not good, for some reason it wasn't until the last minute when we remembered Pharah was a character that existed but it was too late.

Really though I'm salty I still didn't get Winston's minesweeper trophy, how many freakin' turrets must I slay in one life?!
Also while I know balancing Winston is a delicate process and giving him more power may end up pulling a Soldier 76 I must add that Mercy heal beam being able to outpace any Winston tickle tesla damage is just plain poopy.
Don't get trophies in Arcade unfortunately :/

Also tbh even if you had switched to Pharah, not sure how much of a difference it would've made. By the time Symm stacks have 3+ shield gens up, plus torb armour... good luck :p

Don't get trophies in Arcade unfortunately :/

Also tbh even if you had switched to Pharah, not sure how much of a difference it would've made. By the time Symm stacks have 3+ shield gens up, plus torb armour... good luck :p

No trophies in arcade? well that explains a lot, I must've racked up at least 20 turrets.

The worst part is a never even got to see any of the shield generators that were lurking around , that's how badly we were sucking, stuck in the middle portion of the map.
Though I was happy to go on a Zen spree on the rematch when we defended, didn't even let them take point A.
All in all a lovely reminder about how much I appreciate quick play putting the single hero limit on.

finalflame

Ok. I think I play a pretty good Zarya. Lots of games I get commendations, 3-4 golds, and overall feel like I am clutching.

But sometimes I just get fucking SHUT DOWN. As in, I can't get anywhere even remotely close to the enemy team without getting fucked by SOMETHING. Usually it's Mei, Pharah, or Roadhog.

What the fuck am I supposed to do in these scenarios. These are the most frustrating fucking games and they tilt me to no end. The last game on Lijiang I legitimately could not get anywhere even remotely FAR from the enemy team without getting IMMEDIATELY shat on.

How the FUCK do you counter Roadhog/Pharah/Mei at this ELO (2700/PC)? Do I just get off Zarya and play something else? I have ROUTINELY and CONSTANTLY gotten SHAT on in games because of these fucking heroes and my ENTIRE TEAM not knowing how to fucking adjust, even when people are talking and trying.

What. The. FUCK.

ISOM

A good Widow(PC) requires like the hardest of focusing in the game. Like I have to change to Genji or D.Va and chase her everywhere which is annoying and not fun.

Ok. I think I play a pretty good Zarya. Lots of game I get commendations, 3-4 golds, and overall feel like I am clutching.

But sometimes I just get fucking SHUT DOWN. As in, I can't get anywhere even remotely close to the enemy team without getting fucked by SOMETHING. Usually it's Mei, Pharah, or Roadhog.

What the fuck am I supposed to do in these scenarios. These are the most frustrating fucking games and they tilt me to no end. The last game on Lijiang I legitimately could not get anywhere even remotely FAR from the enemy team without getting IMMEDIATELY shat on.

How the FUCK do you counter Roadhog/Pharah/Mei at this ELO (2700/PC)? Do I just get off Zarya and play something else? I have ROUTINELY and CONSTANTLY gotten SHAT on in games because of these fucking heroes and my ENTIRE TEAM not knowing how to fucking adjust, even when people are talking and trying.

What. The. FUCK.

Simplest answer is focus fire, especially on the Pharah. If someone on your team is playing a hero that can reasonably hit a Pharah in the air, they should probably be shooting at her.

The whole reason the dive comp got phased out of the last meta was the strength of Roadhog as he can punish anyone even slightly out of position. Dealing with him is easier if you are in a death ball lineup where your team is all huddled behind the Rein shield. In a lot of situations he should also be priority number 1 to take out, so communicate with your team to take him out as quickly as possible.

Counter Mei by running dive comps and not constantly trying to push through a choke, where Mei typically shines. A general rule is that after she uses her wall, your team charges her like madmen as she becomes significantly weaker at that moment.

This stuff can get really complicated if they are running multiple of these types of heroes that really dictate a team's playstyle, but generally the team will be weaker if they have to sustain two or more heroes in that vein.

Hopefully this helps out both you and any other players here that struggle against those heroes. For the record I am currently jumping between Diamond and Masters on console, so while I am by no means a god at the game or anything, I feel like I got a pretty good feel for team comps and countering.

DevilDog

A good Widow(PC) requires like the hardest of focusing in the game. Like I have to change to Genji or D.Va and chase her everywhere which is annoying and not fun.

And people want a hook cooldown. lel

I just switch to genji and literally spawn camp her the entire game. There is nothing else you can do. Fuck widow, I hope she never ever gets a buff.

Mutant

When Widow was really good it was because her bodyshots did something like 200 damage. So yeah, bodyshots were instagib to many heroes.

Also wew, that custom server browser. I am going to spend 99% of my time in those games. I'm so happy it still gives you exp.

However if I could make a couple requests still:

1. They should let you increase the player cap in custom games.

2. Bring those new day/night maps over to the other modes. I know it's purely cosmetic, but it would still make those old maps feel a little freshened up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom