• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

Damn, is there some kinda trick to using hanzo? I suck balls with him, but some guy on a team I was playing against (ps4) seemed to almost just one shot person after person after person. He got player of the game on all games I played against him and I think he killed almost the entire team once.

Just gotta be good with projectiles and snap shots.

I noticed I didn't have Roadhog or McCree's achievements because I never use them ever, so i used them and got both achievements for the two in the 2 consecutive matches I played them in.

Of all the luck.

Blues1990

Damn, is there some kinda trick to using hanzo? I suck balls with him, but some guy on a team I was playing against (ps4) seemed to almost just one shot person after person after person. He got player of the game on all games I played against him and I think he killed almost the entire team once.

Try watching this.

LiK

Good QP tonight in both solo and playing with Gaffers. Was practicing with Lucio and Tracer and did pretty well with them. Nice to play speedy characters seriously for once.

komaruR

Good QP tonight in both solo and playing with Gaffers. Was practicing with Lucio and Tracer and did pretty well with them. Nice to play speedy characters seriously for once.

sorry my fault on the hanamura lost, thought i could do something with hanzo. too rusty with him :(

wish theres pve like the junkenstien revenge so that i could train him again.

Anne

I actually spend a lot of my practice time in the practice range. It's the best place to practice a good chunk of mechanics for the sake of muscle memory.

If I could adjust CD timers in there it'd much better though.

ACR0019

Any tips on playing Reinhardt? My shield gets destroyed like butter every time I use him. I always attribute it to my team not DPSing the players draining the shield, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Mawile

Banned
Any tips on playing Reinhardt? My shield gets destroyed like butter every time I use him. I always attribute it to my team not DPSing the players draining the shield, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Sometimes that's just how it is, those few seconds are still beneficial. You can also position your shield in some places where the stage itself is blocking damage and your shield is only blocking what you need and thus keep your shield alive longer.

When your shield breaks, take cover sometimes, don't always charge right afterwards cause it only takes a few seconds to get some shield. Charge when you need to or it's beneficial.

As one last advice, make sure you're constantly recharging the shield during off time. It doesn't need to be up all the time if it's not at max.

Anne

If you crouch and shoot at the ground with graviton, it has no travel time and can't be eaten by DM. This was really common to dive tank frontlines successfully. In PTR there is no more min distance for DM to kick in so it can get eaten :T

komaruR

You can at least do Play AI modes. It's beneficial as well.

AI mode is no good. they either run randomly (if you try to do 1v6 and headshot only) or go at a specific route (AI vs mode).
in junkenstein atleast they spawn so much on left/right/middle that you can train your aim to snap on it. so even if they go in a specific path line, theres so much that you have to shoot, it technically training your muscle memory to learn to lead the shot as hanzo or get good aim with mccree with the constant repetitiveness. also the riptire help train your scatter arrow swiftness too.

Mawile

Banned
AI mode is no good. they either run randomly (if you try to do 1v6 and headshot only) or go at a specific route (AI vs mode).
in junkenstein atleast they spawn so much on left/right/middle that you can train your aim to snap on it. so even if they go in a specific path line, theres so much that you have to shoot, it technically training your muscle memory to learn to lead the shot as hanzo or get good aim with mccree with the constant repetitiveness.

Yeah, I just consider it like beneficial at a very basic level. I took it that you were having problems with that. Haha.

For me, I found that although that Halloween event was helped a tad with my Hanzo play, just playing AI and all the odd movements somehow worked for me. Of course, I don't play Hanzo all that much. Halloween was def helpful for headshots, however.

AbaFadi

Banned
If you crouch and shoot at the ground with graviton, it has no travel time and can't be eaten by DM. This was really common to dive tank frontlines successfully. In PTR there is no more min distance for DM to kick in so it can get eaten :T

Yeah they changed the distance it takes to activate. It's still really hard to eat graviton though unless the Zarya telegraphs it by moving forward in front of the other team.

The custom games browser is pretty damn good, it really feels like the days of jumping on Gamespy, loading a list and seeing many modded servers and they're all named by the players. They went all out on it.

God that reminds me, I had the most surreal experience today

An enemy widow called IHate_Sombra got POTG for killing CumGuzzler123 and JarOfJizz, who were partied up.

The POTG began with Widow missing like 6 or 7 shots and then finally headshotting both sequentially.

It was quite a ride
That's nothing last night on ilios a enemy winston got potg with him running away from some attackers then popping ult to push a single solider off the edge near the point the soldier wasn't even with the people attacking the Winston

Xux

Placement done. Got silver. Woo.

It sucks recognizing how bad I am but then also feeling like there's a massive skill/effort discrepancy between my team and the "other team" that does stuff like get eliminations and stays together and around objectives.

Zenyatta was my go to even though I felt like my aim has gotten worse with him. I do feel more comfortable as Reinhardt but then someone was quick to grab him the next round so I guess I have a ways to go.

Blues1990

The custom games browser is pretty damn good, it really feels like the days of jumping on Gamespy, loading a list and seeing many modded servers and they're all named by the players. They went all out on it.

I played a gametype called "Bumper Cars", and it had two teams of D.Va's with infinite booster rockets, SUPER slow walk speed, low health, and it was hilarious to just collide/run over the opposition when they're popped out of their MEKA. It helped that damage output was low, so it wasn't like you could kill them with D.Va's pistol/cannon.

Alright I know No Limits is supposed to be the fun mode with no rules but there is a certain number of Symettra ults a defense team can have before it just becomes impossible for the attackers to win on Volskaya

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's nothing last night on ilios a enemy winston got potg with him running away from some attackers then popping ult to push a single solider off the edge near the point the soldier wasn't even with the people attacking the Winston

I got a PotG last night that was just me as widow shooting a standing ana and zarya
because it was a consolation PotG. The rest of my team all disconnected. ;_;

I've noticed Lucio seems to get POTG easy if you boop people off a ledge. Hell, sometimes you get it even if you just boop one off.

Pundere

For the first time ever I actually bothered to do all my placement matches and ended up in platinum. Now the question is do I risk going for diamond or take my guaranteed 800 comp points.

Anne

For the first time ever I actually bothered to do all my placement matches and ended up in platinum. Now the question is do I risk going for diamond or take my guaranteed 800 comp points.

Your comp points are based on your career high for the season, so there's no risk in getting anything lower.

antitrop

Your CP bonus reward is paid out by Season High, so you have nothing to lose there.

edit: savage beatings

Yukinari

After weeks of playing and buying 50 boxes i got all the event items with 3k credits to spare.

Also i stopped giving a shit this season and just played whoever i wanted cause i realize how bad team chat gets.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
After weeks of playing and buying 50 boxes i got all the event items with 3k credits to spare.

Also i stopped giving a shit this season and just played whoever i wanted cause i realize how bad team chat gets.

Haven't spent anything, only missing Winston, Ana, Symmetera, Tracer and Junkrat skins
I never understood buying boxes
Like there will be a new event again soon enough...

I think its a waste of money

AlexBasch

After some weeks of using McCree, I'm finally getting some headshots, objective kills and FUCKING FINALLY managed to take people down with High Noon.

Almost fucking cried in there mang.

GoaThief

Your comp points are based on your career high for the season, so there's no risk in getting anything lower.
Has this been 100% confirmed for this season into next? I seem to be losing points at the moment and I'm sorely tempted just to leave it there and work on some new characters in QP.
After some weeks of using McCree, I'm finally getting some headshots, objective kills and FUCKING FINALLY managed to take people down with High Noon.

Almost fucking cried in there mang.
Got a friend who can play Sombra? Those two are an evil combination.

Shredderi

Fucking Genji, man. His ulti charge rate needs to be nerfed hard. I was just in a game where a Genji literally had his ulti every 30 seconds. I think he popped that thing 11 times during the game. Fucking baby character with all tools in the world to help him function. And since when can Genji swift strike through Junkrat's trap. I distinctively remember an update making it so that he cant dash through it. I feel like Genji mains know exactly what they're doing by deciding to main him. They're just doing it because if you take the time to learn him he will be the best character. I just fucking hate Genji and I can't even tell you how much I'm anticipating those server things with custom rules. Me and my friends will play exclusively on servers that rules out Genji completely. If all goes well I won't ever have to see or hear the stupid asshole character ever again after the server thing gets implemented. I'm more than fine with going forward without playing the game "properly with all characters in" if it means I can finally have some relaxation and peace of mind.

Shredderi

Learn to deal with him. Mccree, winston and mei are still pretty good at dealing with him.

All goes well I won't have to. It's strange to think about a world where I won't have to take Winston 80% of the time just to deal with a fuckin Genji. I could actually try other characters! This server thing will be the best thing to come to overwatch yet. Custom servers will enable me to play Overwatch the way it was meant to be played: without Genji. There's never any fun to be had when there is a Genji on the enemy team. Sure, you can win but it comes with blood and sweat and stress. Your whole team has to pick a comp just to counter a Genji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom