• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

When Widow was really good it was because her bodyshots did something like 200 damage. So yeah, bodyshots were instagib to many heroes.

Also wew, that custom server browser. I am going to spend 99% of my time in those games. I'm so happy it still gives you exp.

I can already tell that there are going to be a lot of Mccree and WIdowmaker only servers. And I will enjoy those.

I can already tell that there are going to be a lot of Mccree and WIdowmaker only servers. And I will enjoy those.

The spiderman gamemode that was mentioned in the developer update where Widow has the lowest possible cooldown on her grappling hook sounds like it could be a ton of fun.

randome

Do you guys like using healers? I used mercy and it was kinda exhilarating but also it was a bit boring cuz you can't really kill anyone.

When Widow was really good it was because her bodyshots did something like 200 damage. So yeah, bodyshots were instagib to many heroes.

They did 150. Meaning they one shot bodyshot Tracer and Zenyatta. Remember when Zen had 150 health for no reason (granted he had 50% discord at the time as well).

It just occurred to me that there will be role play servers in the browser won't there.

This is truly what the Overwatch Waifu Community needed to take its game to the next level.

That feel when you are a high energy Zarya and on the point on Hollywood and the enemy team is no where to be seen (because they are mostly all dead) and we still don't capture the point.

The thing that tilts me more then anything in this game is lack of follow through from teammates. Holy shit I am annoyed.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Every single fucking game has been Widow headshotting my whole team. Fuck this game I'm done.
I used to be like that Widow back in original Unreal Tournament. I remember beating teams myself and people saying I had an aimbot. *nostalgic sigh* Now my aim is shit but I can respect when someone has put in the work to do it.
I'll never respect Roadhog hooks tho.

DevilDog

I used to be like that Widow back in original Unreal Tournament. I remember beating teams myself and people saying I had an aimbot. *nostalgic sigh* Now my aim is shit but I can respect when someone has put in the work to do it.
I'll never respect Roadhog hooks tho.

Yeah that is why I never get angry at good widows. I know how much work that person has put into their aim and how talented they are.
You guys are fucking crazy, I can't believe how good you are sometimes.
fuck the hooks of course

Salarians

Junkrat with his daddy.
RUptsb8.jpg

God that reminds me, I had the most surreal experience today

An enemy widow called IHate_Sombra got POTG for killing CumGuzzler123 and JarOfJizz, who were partied up.

The POTG began with Widow missing like 6 or 7 shots and then finally headshotting both sequentially.

It was quite a ride

Ever since I hit diamond on PC, I feel like I'm playing QP.

No one communicates, racist slurs all over the place, terrible DPS, teammates telling each other they're terrible at their role. High gold and all of plat was heaven compared to this.

Probably the worst night I've had in a long while, maybe ever. Time to chop some dudes' heads off in Nioh.

Manoko

Any tips on overcoming the frustration of always being queued with awful Hanzo/Genji mains in competitive ?

I'm seriously about to uninstall the game because of these pieces of shit.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

finalflame

Simplest answer is focus fire, especially on the Pharah. If someone on your team is playing a hero that can reasonably hit a Pharah in the air, they should probably be shooting at her.

The whole reason the dive comp got phased out of the last meta was the strength of Roadhog as he can punish anyone even slightly out of position. Dealing with him is easier if you are in a death ball lineup where your team is all huddled behind the Rein shield. In a lot of situations he should also be priority number 1 to take out, so communicate with your team to take him out as quickly as possible.

Counter Mei by running dive comps and not constantly trying to push through a choke, where Mei typically shines. A general rule is that after she uses her wall, your team charges her like madmen as she becomes significantly weaker at that moment.

This stuff can get really complicated if they are running multiple of these types of heroes that really dictate a team's playstyle, but generally the team will be weaker if they have to sustain two or more heroes in that vein.

Hopefully this helps out both you and any other players here that struggle against those heroes. For the record I am currently jumping between Diamond and Masters on console, so while I am by no means a god at the game or anything, I feel like I got a pretty good feel for team comps and countering.

Thanks dude -- really solid advice. It's just so hard at times to get people to focus fire, but it makes total sense.

Also, I've been playing Rein for the last hour or so (filling if nobody else is picking him), and I can honestly say I am getting better at him and it really feels like a game changer, and have just hit my season high. Hopefully on my way to Diamond.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't even main mei anymore lol. Or at least she's not my only main. Maybe once I've gotten sick of playing support but I've really enjoyed playing support this season despite the numerous downs.

Though nowadays I'll go mei on defense and pharah on attack to mix things up and go rein if people are being dumb and don't want to rein.

She's still the best though.

Make no mistake.

GoaThief

Is winston vs roadhog the only impossible matchup in the game? I mean winston alone can't kill roadhog by himself in any situation aside from enviro hazards like pushin hog off a cliff with his ulti. I can't think of any other character who can't in theory out damage hog during his heal cooldown?

Also Winston needs a buff. So many characters have been buffed while Winston remains unchanged and thus by default makes playing as winston that much harder. The skill ceiling for proper Winston play has always been pretty high as it was. If NOTHING else, then at least make his tesla gun outdamage Mercy's healing by 1dps. It's bullshit that you can't kill a Mercy healed target. And buff that shields hp, or reduce the cooldown to 10 seconds. I don't know, do something. I already feel the effects of other buffs in the game as Winston. It's noticeably harder against myriad of opponents these days as a Winston.
I can think of a few examples but an obvious comparison is that D.va cannot really out DPS the hog now with her nerf, plus dies much easier with the squishy health. No idea how an uncharged Zarya would go either as I haven't tried but the bubbles would definitely negate the hook stun and any sloppy damage...

Mawnster

Just wanna drop some thoughts.

I have this friend who was absolutely brutal as sniper on TF2 but who can't seem to get the handle of Widowmaker. He's decent, but he's not as good as he'd like to be. He watches all of these pro Widows on YouTube and feels hopeless. The problem is that people always bitch at him if he picks Widow... And if you're wondering, no, he never does it on QP. Only in No Limits where everyone just fucks around. So he had no real way to practice.

Then we got the server browser update and I asked him to download the PTR version of the game. I brought him to a server that only allowed Widows with no CD on the Grappling Hook (YAAAY SPIDER-WIDOWS!), no Venom Mines and 30 min matches. It was the perfect mode for practicing! Even I had fun and improved my aim.

So now I wonder. If this mode allows people to actually practice and improve their sniping skills without being yelled at... Could this mean we'd actually start seeing good Widows? Or even something more miraculous... No instant hate towards attack Widows? Dun dun dunnnn.

Whatever it is, I love how this update is going to completely shape this game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I already don't really see that much instant hate for widow nowadays.

Not even hanzo really.

They really get it though if they're not getting picks.

Playing a match with 70% accuracy and gold elims on McCree and I still can't eke out a win.

Back down to 2500.

I think I'm on like a 10 game loss streak and I just don't know what to do.

Uninstalled. Gonna play some other games until the next season.

Anne

Real talk, on certain maps I actually get excited when I see somebody on my team slam pick Widow because I know if they are even remotely good we probably will auto win. Most of the people attempting it where I'm at are good, or at least smart enough to switch if things don't go well. Most.

Hanzo though, it's extremely rare to grab a good Hanzo player and he works in less situations :T

Also I finally got a new headset today. I've been on my A40s for 7 years and lately the the whole set up for them has been feeling their age. Hopefully I don't have any more headset issues ;~;

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Playing a match with 70% accuracy and gold elims on McCree and I still can't eke out a win.

Back down to 2500.

I think I'm on like a 10 game loss streak and I just don't know what to do.

Uninstalled. Gonna play some other games until the next season.
But if you're good enough you'll become your intended rank
/s
/s
/s
/s
/s

But if you're good enough you'll become your intended rank
/s
/s
/s
/s
/s

At least you got to Diamond lol. That's all I was hoping for, but I guess I messed with Jeff or something.

Yesterday was all 3-stacks of Plat / Diamond / Gold players that just dicked around :|

Mawile

Banned
Finding happiness and fulfillment wherever possible because we won't be able to feel anything once we've reached the black void of our inevitable deaths.

First off all...
http://www.soundboard.com/sb/sound/115665

Secondly...
I WOULD BE IF I COULD GET D.VA'S SKIN! I don't want Mei's skins, I don't play that character, GAME. I've poured so much hours in farming these terrible Arcade modes, 40$ in and still no D.Va....

KILL ME....

cyborg009

Banned
Just locked down a team on second point hamaura with symmetra and torb. Sucks for them. They tried everything to counter us. tracer, winston, pharamercy, zarya, rein....

Roadhog, Ana and Symmetra are absolutely disgusting at the moment.

I don't understand Symmetra's gun at the moment. It just melts so many people really quickly. It's insane.

randome

Damn, is there some kinda trick to using hanzo? I suck balls with him, but some guy on a team I was playing against (ps4) seemed to almost just one shot person after person after person. He got player of the game on all games I played against him and I think he killed almost the entire team once.

Royce McCutcheon

Interesting day today, I was at 2955 SR after dropping from 3400 over the course of a week, I then proceeded to go on a 16 game win streak in 1 day to get to masters. I went from 3408 to 3501 off one game.

MxzH8l7.jpg

finalflame

Hook 2.0 seriously makes this game unfun. I am so fucking tired of Roadhog's bullshit. Even the games I win, being the majority of the games I've played today, I still fucking despise his bullshit instakill 300+ damage shots now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom