• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like it's rare for Zarya to build energy past 50. Maybe they should give more energy from shielding team mates.

You're doing something wrong then, my average charge is 40 this season, which is only marginally lower then previous seasons weirdly enough. Make sure you don't charge preemptively, only bubble in response, keep your bubbles to save people and you'll get charge in no time. Also in case you're unaware, you don't get free charge x2 from rein firestrikes, dva ults etc anymore, so make sure you don't waste that extra bubble.

I've heard before not to queue competitive on the weekend, but I didn't think there was much truth behind it. Several hours later and I fully understand. So many troll picks and people clearly throwing games or just not trying.

I don't mind losing, but when people clearly troll I feel like I'm wasting my time.

What a weird season this has been. I don't know if it's because the meta was so weird/boring when the season started that people just stopped taking the game seriously or if I'm just getting really unlucky, or both. But people just don't care anymore. Almost no one has a mic and if they do it's rarely a good teammate.

Before if you solo queued into a team that was talking and seemed cool it was almost always a win. Now everyone is chatting and then some dude goes Widow, Torb, etc. and then everyone gets mad at eachother.

Today on Gibraltar we held the last checkpoint for four minutes, they didn't finish the map. We should've been super hyped up. But instead on attack every started going Widow and Hanzo and the only other guy who was talking just left the game. Wtf? It was so bizzare.

I've just decided to make this my 'get good with supports' season and I still, incredibly, get more CP's when it ends than last season. Last season was SOOO much better. But oh well. I technically hit my goal so I shouldn't care about rank, but on a game to game basis sometimes it's hard to remember that.

I just hope this season hasn't ruined comp forever and that people will take it more seriously when everything stabilizes.

I just hope this season hasn't ruined comp forever and that people will take it more seriously when everything stabilizes.
I've had such bad luck with comp this season and enjoyed the games so little that I'm pretty much full-time QP/Arcade Sombra at this point.

I want to play more comp, but eh. It's been really dull this season.

I've had such bad luck with comp this season and enjoyed the games so little that I'm pretty much full-time QP/Arcade Sombra at this point.

I want to play more comp, but eh. It's been really dull this season.
It's been a fucking train wreck. And I can't even say I only play it to avoid trolls because there are PLENTY in comp these days. I guess it's for the CP's and because I've gone on like 3 really good win streaks in between what is probably a 15% win rate otherwise. And at those times it's still really fun, especially with a gaf group.

pizzacat

Banned
that one time you charged in like a dumbass or the one time you didnt charge in you scared little pussy
Or jumping with shield and letting an earthshatter come in

So many things can happen and in the end no one appreciates a good rein but talk shit about the bad one

It's been a fucking train wreck. And I can't even say I only play it to avoid trolls because there are PLENTY in comp these days. I guess it's for the CP's and because I've gone on like 3 really good win streaks in between what is probably a 15% win rate otherwise. And at those times it's still really fun, especially with a gaf group.
Yeah, I think partly it's because I've been solo q'ing so much.

I tried to play comp yesterday and lost both games with Zarya despite crushing it, mostly. One game we had a troll attack Bastion, which made other people on the team rage and pick Sombra and attack Junk. It was bad.

I should find GAF groups.

Looking back at it, it is nothing short of a miracle that I won 9 out of 10 after placements to hit master. And later me Optimus, Biscuit, and Cappa had a huge streak to get Biscuit to master. EVERYTHING else has been terrible.

It's like I made a deal with the devil to hit master after getting to 3490 last season. And my punishment is that the rest of the season is miserable.

Jellie

Looking back at it, it is nothing short of a miracle that I won 9 out of 10 after placements to hit master. And later me Optimus, Biscuit, and Cappa had a huge streak to get Biscuit to master. EVERYTHING else has been terrible.

It's like I made a deal with the devil to hit master after getting to 3490 last season. And my punishment is that the rest of the season is miserable.

How far are you from your season high now?

Owzers

We won our next game as soon as Batman left...also helped we didn't have a Bastion perched up where he couldn't fire on anyone.

We won our next game as soon as Batman left...also helped we didn't have a Bastion perched up where he couldn't fire on anyone.
Don't take it personally if I don't accept invites for awhile. I hate joinng the group knowing that the group is now doomed.

Maybe this offseason we can play QP, and try to find better roles for everyone to play. So that we can be a competent team when we group up for season 4.

Owzers

Don't take it personally if I don't accept invites for awhile. I hate joinng the group knowing that the group is now doomed.

Maybe this offseason we can play QP, and try to find better roles for everyone to play. So that we can be a competent team when we group up for season 4.

I don't think we are more or less doomed if the group is 4 people as opposed to 3, joinnnnnn us.

If you don't join I will assume it's because I am a Mercy main.

Kysen

For the first time since S1 I reckon I my SR is the same as my hidden MMR. Up to this point it didn't matter if I won or lost it felt like I was being pushed up. Currently if I lose a match it wipes out any gains made (-30~ on loss). 3 wins in a row then 1-2 losses over and over.

I guess I have no choice but to get better to climb now. Along with this there have been a couple of games that I could have won if I could actually play the counter to the player who was wrecking us. Mei, Pharah have caused so many crushing defeats. I wish I could get to a decent level with them. QP is a nightmare trying to learn a new character when you are playing against GMs.

Owzers

How can you say that when our winning percentage as a group is about 10%? By all accounts you guys have reasonable success when I'm not there.

This is correct

I think my best runs were with a group of randoms in a group I joined with to make a 5 group, won 7-1. Next season it was me, Cappa, nd, and biscuit that had a good stretch and then this seasons placements we went 8-2. Apart from those two runs it's just a bunch of odd games. We do lack role diversity and our larger groups can use better teamwork as it's usually the randoms that take dps and we end up hoping for the best. In some cases I don't like relying on randoms, they are so random. I'd stick with groups and just try to string more stuff together in comp. PinkuNeko does best as support and dva and in larger groups if those roles get taken it might be a little iffy.

How can you say that when our winning percentage as a group is about 10%? By all accounts you guys have reasonable success when I'm not there.
I'm up for trying a bit of duo queue if that might help break the slump at all but yeah our group does not seem to be working out and it's hard to pinpoint why.

Jellie

I wrote up a concept for Doomfist's abilities over on Reddit. Maybe you guys would be interested in seeing it? Feedback would be cool as well

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5o6r9l/doomfist_concept/

Sounds like his combo would have too much DPS. Jump on somebody 100HP and then 100HP DPS= 200HP hero dead in a second. The auras sounds a lot like Lucio. You said all heroes so does this include the enemy team? Would be interesting mechanic if both teams took more damage or became slower. Risk/reward kinda thing.

How would the auras interact with other abilities (ie a cap)? Inspirational aura plus discord is 60% damage increase on that target. 50% speed boost ontop of Lucio would be too much speed probably. The reduced speed by 30% would be pretty bad to have since speed is so good to have. If doomfist takes 50% of the damage and your team was slower then it might be bad since enemy team finds it easy to shoot you but deal the same amount of damage (since its transferred to doomfist and not eliminated) so find it easier to build ult charge?

Ult sounds good to counter certain ults and stop pushes. Would probably be a high skill cap hero.
EDIT: just saw how you described they stack after. Was going through the abilities one by one and the stacking part was afterwards. Might be better to have a cap on it. Zen with 50% discord was silly. 60% would be nuts. Cap at 50% might be good since it makes it back to prenerf but at the offset of harder to hit.

Talka

Third time tonight I was up 2-0 on a control map only for a teammate to drop and throw the match. Why should I even bother playing?

I'm up for trying a bit of duo queue if that might help break the slump at all but yeah our group does not seem to be working out and it's hard to pinpoint why.

Pretty easy to pinpoint, actually.

It's missing me to be the worst on the team to take the pressure off.

exYle

Sounds like his combo would have too much DPS. Jump on somebody 100HP and then 100HP DPS= 200HP hero dead in a second. The auras sounds a lot like Lucio. You said all heroes so does this include the enemy team? Would be interesting mechanic if both teams took more damage or became slower. Risk/reward kinda thing.

How would the auras interact with other abilities (ie a cap)? Inspirational aura plus discord is 60% damage increase on that target. 50% speed boost ontop of Lucio would be too much speed probably. The reduced speed by 30% would be pretty bad to have since speed is so good to have. If doomfist takes 50% of the damage and your team was slower then it might be bad since enemy team finds it easy to shoot you but deal the same amount of damage (since its transferred to doomfist and not eliminated) so find it easier to build ult charge?

Ult sounds good to counter certain ults and stop pushes. Would probably be a high skill cap hero.
EDIT: just saw how you described they stack after. Was going through the abilities one by one and the stacking part was afterwards. Might be better to have a cap on it. Zen with 50% discord was silly. 60% would be nuts. Cap at 50% might be good since it makes it back to prenerf but at the offset of harder to hit.

Yeah, the jump + punch combo would be really powerful but I also like to think of it as a cross of Roadhog's hook and Reinhardt's charge (both one-hit moves from tanks), with pros and cons of both. It's like the opposite of hook in that, instead of pulling an enemy toward you, you're headed right at them. But it could potentially get you in a bad situation if your team isn't there to follow-up with the engage. Also, with the 0.5 second cast time, I believe it would be hard to be accurate with it.

I can agree that perhaps having the auras stack with other abilities may be too powerful. I was just very concerned with making his abilities balanced enough - I figured damage resistance without a trade-off would be OP (though, I guess you could say making Doomfist the damage soak is the trade-off). The auras are only supposed to affect allies but making it affect everyone... that could be really cool.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Today a guy switched from Zarya to Junkrat leaving our only tank on Defense to be Roadhog... on Hanamura.

Yeah I can't understand why our group doesn't work together. Just did a few matches while soloq and it was all victories, recovered the lost points of our last matches plus 50. My last game was probably the most one-sided I ever had, 51-0 as S76 on Ilios.

When I played with batman before I didn't felt like I was doing that well as S76 or Tracer. Same thing with Pharah in some previous games with the group, which were probably some of the worst ever. And those are by far my best characters. Maybe I can't handle the pressure lol

But I think sooner or later we will start winning, hopefully before we all fall to gold.

Yeah I can't understand why our group doesn't work together. Just did a few matches while soloq and it was all victories, recovered the lost points of our last matches plus 50. My last game was probably the most one-sided I ever had, 51-0 as S76 on Ilios.

When I played with batman before I didn't felt like I was doing that well as S76 or Tracer. Same thing with Pharah in some previous games with the group, which were probably some of the worst ever. And those are by far my best characters. Maybe I can't handle the pressure lol

But I think sooner or later we will start winning, hopefully before we all fall to gold.
Yep just played and won 3 solo queue games. Even though we got Hanmaura twice and I had to take the Reinhardt role in both games.

On Illios I went Lucio and our Zarya was furious that I was on speed so often. He kept spamming ' Ineed healing' and meleeing me in between rounds. Don't know what the hell his problem was because we won and I had 22 offensive assists, 15 defensive assists, and gold healing even though we had an Ana. His duo was on my team on Hamamura the next game and his buddy autolocked Lucio so that I couldn't.

Good thing I wasn't on mic because I might've gotten mad at him and we would've lost.

Skii

Today a guy switched from Zarya to Junkrat leaving our only tank on Defense to be Roadhog... on Hanamura.

And Roadhog isn't even a proper tank. If that happened to me, I'd probably switch to Dva. Probably best in a solo tank situation (on second point).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
And Roadhog isn't even a proper tank. If that happened to me, I'd probably switch to Dva. Probably best in a solo tank situation (on second point).
I was Ana we had a Mercy too, but they were res'ing semi-sporadically, I had a couple temporary game saving nano boosts, but FML a triple tank comp against a bunch of squishies.

I am losing every solo q game I play right now. It's kinda funny.

All my teammates have mental health problems, particularly with managing their anger.

Yep just played and won 3 solo queue games. Even though we got Hanmaura twice and I had to take the Reinhardt role in both games.

On Illios I went Lucio and our Zarya was furious that I was on speed so often. He kept spamming ' Ineed healing' and meleeing me in between rounds. Don't know what the hell his problem was because we won and I had 22 offensive assists, 15 defensive assists, and gold healing even though we had an Ana. His duo was on my team on Hamamura the next game and his buddy autolocked Lucio so that I couldn't.

Good thing I wasn't on mic because I might've gotten mad at him and we would've lost.

I don't think people are used to speed Lucio, at least I'm not. I really liked it when I was playing Zen on Nepal, but for example as a S76 I felt a bit of trouble aiming when the enemies were close to me.

And it also depends a lot on the other healer, if he doesn't do a good job your team is probably screwed.

Do they not let you do placements with people who have already placed? AKA am I doomed to soloing this?

Only with people below diamond.

I don't think people are used to speed Lucio, at least I'm not. I really liked it when I was playing Zen on Nepal, but for example as a S76 I felt a bit of trouble aiming when the enemies were close to me.

And it also depends a lot on the other healer, if he doesn't do a good job your team is probably screwed.
Yea I get that. Especially in solo queue lots of times I'll speed boost into a fight and it turns out no one came with so I end up all alone surrounded by enemies. It's a play style I have to get better with but it really does make a huge difference, that much is obvious just from my limited playtime.

I know that it makes it harder to aim or control yourself. But it is also much harder for the enemy to hit you. Also stuff like chasing down stragglers, or quickly getting behind an enemy Reinhardt is important.

The fact that I just started using speed, and my 6 offensive assists per game has me in the 99th percentile should tell us everything. Having that boost when the other team doesn't is a huge deal, like having a Reinhardt when the enemy doesn't. I just have to get better with it and stop trying to 1v1 Soldier's. Lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
People dont play rein because one mistake leads to your whole team dying, no one wants that pressure lol
People don't play Rein because grouping up is a foreign concept. You see contrary to popular belief Overwatch is not a team based objective game, it's a k/d arena shooter.

Yea I get that. Especially in solo queue lots of times I'll speed boost into a fight and it turns out no one came with so I end up all alone surrounded by enemies. It's a play style I have to get better with but it really does make a huge difference, that much is obvious just from my limited playtime.

I know that it makes it harder to aim or control yourself. But it is also much harder for the enemy to hit you. Also stuff like chasing down stragglers, or quickly getting behind an enemy Reinhardt is important.

The fact that I just started using speed, and my 6 offensive assists per game has me in the 99th percentile should tell us everything. Having that boost when the other team doesn't is a huge deal, like having a Reinhardt when the enemy doesn't. I just have to get better with it and stop trying to 1v1 Soldier's. Lol

You are going to get a lot of shit from randoms though lol

We have to wait until Owzers becomes a pro Mercy so we can have that speed-healing combo. Zen would also work if the rest of the team had some kind of self-healing/shields, and the healing orb could stay on Rein/D.Va. Ana would be the ideal but she's much harder to play on console.

And yeah, 1vs1 as Lucio vs dps that aren't that good is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom