• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Banned
I'm confused about the math. Why 120 * (1 - 0.85)?

Surely it would be (1 * 0.65)/2

(Base Damage * 35% damage reduction)/50% nano boost damage reduction
I didn't calculate it I tested it ingame with the result being 13 damage.

And your calculation is missing something: The incoming damage is reduced by 35% not the health of the bastion increased. So of every incoming 1 damage you have to deduct 0.35. So his effective health is

300 / (1 - 0.35) = 462.
And as I said the damage reduction in this game is additive (again that's the result of testing it in the game). So the calculation for nanoboost and ironclad would be

300 / (1 - (0.35 + 0.5)) = 300 / (1 - 0.35 - 0.5) = 300 / (1 - 0.85) = 2000
To get to the damage:

Every incoming damage is calculated by

(1 * (1 - sum of all damage reduction)) - (armor reduction based on the result of the preceding paranthesis. Calculated by: (MINIMUM(half of the incoming damage, 5))
based on my testing.

So the damage Bastion receives from 1 body shot is:

(120 * (1 - (0.35 + 0.5))) - (MIN(half of the incoming damage, 5))
= (120 * 0.15) - (MIN(half of the incoming damage, 5))
= 18 - (MIN(9,5))
= 18 - 5
= 13
I hope I could clear up any confusion if not feel free to ask about any of this.

From op

AlexBasch

I play a lot of McCree. For me, High Noon is mainly a tool to force movement on the part of the enemy team, adandon a defensive position, etc. If I get kills, fantastic, but if you forced the enemy team into an unoptimal position and your team capitalizes on that, you did your job imo.
Yeah, seeing them going "oh fuck better bail out!" and leave a capture point or a payload it's just great.

antitrop

What are good roadhog tactics? He's a lot of fun to play with. Imo his ultimate sucks.
Whole Hog does kind of suck. It's mostly good for insta-busting Rein shields, spamming into Gravitons, or when you get lucky enough to trap someone against a corner.

Also it can occasionally clutch points in Overtime by pushing the enemy off the objective. Its game-changing potential is pretty minimal compared to most of the Ults in the game, though.

What are good roadhog tactics? He's a lot of fun to play with. Imo his ultimate sucks.

Roadhog's ultimate is good for clearing out areas, environmental kills or if you can trap them in a corner. Like many ults an element of surprise will help keep you alive so the entire team doesn't just focus you dead if you're standing right in front of them out in the open. I've helped win matches by clearing the payload out with it.

Kremzeek

I'm more or less officially on board team nerf helix and heal station. Soldier dealing high sustained damage over time? Sure. Soldier also being able to burst squishies every 8 seconds as well as be required to be burst down because of heal station? It's a bit too much.

I think focusing on his rifle damage is eh since it's required for him to be remotely competitive with other heroes, but the fact his CDs are so crazy good just means it's hard to make openings on him.

agreed. they need to increase his CD for his healing, helix, or both.

antitrop

Anyone else getting screen tearing on PS4?
I started getting it with the new event. It didn't used to do it before.
I haven't played the PS4 version in a few months, but it always had tearing, unless they patched in Vsync like two months ago and then just patched it out.

You guys think sombra is a counter for rein?
Had a good sombra player in comp today who rendered enemy rein useless hacking him so he has no shield.
He was in a duoq and the other guy said sombras a good counter for rein.
I mean the rein wasnt especially good or anything but it got me thinking.

Had a good sombra player in comp today who rendered enemy rein useless hacking him so he has no shield.

She's a counter to all the tanks, since shutting down their abilities makes them sitting ducks. She just needs the team to follow through on her hacks. And that's tough, since she takes up a DPS slot.

Oxn

I feel like with giving points for playing custom game, you can cheat your way to loot boxes.

Imagine teaming up with a friend for 1v1, and just shooting at each other, and leaving the keys pressed down to gain exp.

ohkay

I feel like with giving points for playing custom game, you can cheat your way to loot boxes.

Imagine teaming up with a friend for 1v1, and just shooting at each other, and leaving the keys pressed down to gain exp.
Doesn't really affect anything tho since they're just cosmetics

Jellie

Can shut down all tanks. Winston can somewhat soft counter her if she messes up her escape.

antitrop

Have they added a day/night cycle to it?
bA6bL86.png

I guess so, CTF on Lijiang on live is still night-time, right? I didn't play it much.

NeoRaider

I think yes.
With good team and if your teammates know what they are actually doing Sombra can be great Tank counter not just Rein counter.

Actually i think that Sombra should focus Tanks the most. I had great match with Sombra today, hacked like... 20 heroes and EMPd more than 15. Also career best DMG. Too bad i died few times and couldn't get the achievements. Hacking Rein and D.Va and watching them panick and killing them feels great.

Watching Sombra in 3rd person in the Spectator mode when you die reminds me of those chickens with a camera connected to their head.

Her movement looks so weird and unnatural.

I hit level 25 a week or so ago and started playing competitive. I got placed in gold at just over 2000. Now, I'm around 1850.

I win maybe 1 out of 5 or 6 matches. It's tough joining random teams and losing a bunch. :(

I did jump up 6 levels though so yay, loot boxes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Could be something like a third party wallhack or a soft aimlock but those look just like standard flicks.Flicking can look like aimbotting most times.

There's nothing really inherently fishy about it.

Mawnster

He got a second POTG in Hanamura where he was twitchy af and looked at walls. Then automatically locked on the heads of people when they'd peek and he'd had no way to know they were coming out because Visor was disabled in the server. I didn't record it though, I was too busy arguing with people.

He also didn't deny or confirm that what I was saying was true. He just kept making comments like "this server is fun!" "boy this is is great!" in what I perceived to be a mocking tone.

I don't know. It annoyed me.

Nimby

Banned
No one in the server agreed with me, so I come here to ask if it's really that crazy that I think this guy is aimbotting.

Boop.

It could be legit. Most aim hacks you see track through walls and hard snap onto the targets head. They could be hacking, but you'd never really be able to tell with this clip.

Jellie

This custom server thing is too good. Was on a dark souls reinhardt boss fight 6 v 1 everyone had super speed and 4 times health and rein did loads of damage and no cds

Anne

Everything that Widow does looKS pretty human except that first flick. It's all pretty doable, especially when people keep slow peeking her, but that's pretty impressive if they can do it consistently. Like should be very high rank if they can do that in real matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom