• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I did it fam. Also have a Play of the Game I need to cut up into a webm tomorrow.

Uv9x8D7.png

No fucking way.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Don't worry guys, they already changed it.

Now he pretty much has the effective HP of nanorein, which is not as ridiculous, but we're talking about nanorein with the ability to instagib most heroes at long range and far better mobility.

Again, nano tank even in live is still one of the most ridiculous combos you can do, it's just that nobody does it because you have to run a bastion.

Veelk

Banned
Does Symettra have a direct counter anymore?

She's harder on consoles because she has a big autoaim gun while you need to precisely shoot her down if she's jumping around you. But assuming you can get direct hits in and she hasn't gotten her gun powered up, you should win out dps her.

AngryMoth

Was thinking about other abilities they could add to balance lucio's speed boost better and came up with a cool character idea I think.

An alchemy based support character who can spray down a limited amount of splatoon style liquid with speed boost/reduce affect, place down potions that act as limited quantity health packs and can cook and throw some kind of explosive cocktail

finalflame

Was thinking about other abilities they could add to balance lucio's speed boost better and came up with a cool character idea I think.

An alchemy based support character who can spray down a limited amount of splatoon style liquid with speed boost/reduce affect, place down potions that act as limited quantity health packs and can cook and throw some kind of explosive cocktail

This sounds so cool, and in general I wish we had more alchemy-based stuff in games like that. Maybe it's because I just visited the alchemy exhibit at a museum last weekend, but man, alchemy is just so cool.

Mawile

Banned
Plenty.

Any DPS pretty much. Maybe not genji. But genji really should beat her.

Let's say she's up close to you and you're Soldier, are you pretty much dead? I noticed I can't out run her due to her tremendous beam range, and missles ends up causing me to take some damage.

It's really hard to shoot her with her small hitbox and she's jumping around all over the place with her auto aim.

Antiwhippy

Let's say she's up close to you and you're Soldier, are you pretty much dead? I noticed I can't out run her due to her tremendous beam range, and missles ends up causing me to take some damage.

It's really hard to shoot her with her small hitbox and she's jumping around all over the place with her auto aim.

You shouldn't really be up close to her in the first place though.

I'll say that as pharah she pretty much can't do anything to me.

I think this event has been especially generous to me as I've wanted a pachimari icon of some kind for a while, but up until this event I have not gotten a single default or event-related pachimari. This time I've managed to snag three. The pachi no longer eludes me.

Anne

Gotta get good tbh. Soldier deals damage way higher than Sym, especially with helix, so it's just a skill thing.

No need to be near her either. So space well and aim well and he should win almost every time.

Man something about Play of the Game really makes me want to get it. Bit salty about the last match. Game 2 I literally saved our series from being a 0-2. It was already overtime and the enemy already had 99% points. Walked in as Soldier 76 and smashed the entire enemy team with my ult, capped and defended like hell. Game 3 I did 4 quick kills like twice and led the overall turnaround victory. Play of the game: our Lucio pushing a lone enemy off the cliff. Wtf

Is there no replay functionality for Overwatch?

You shouldn't really be up close to her in the first place though.

I'll say that as pharah she pretty much can't do anything to me.

This isn't particularly an issue of "Should" and "Shouldn't be". Symmetra's strength at lower ranks honestly comes from her auto-aim. At higher ranks, you don't see Symmetra's melting DPS characters. She's too squishy and almost always loses because better players can actually shoot her instead of panicking. That's why I don't particularly like Symmetra's balance right now. At the competitive tiers, she's very well balanced. But in the Platinum and lower ranks she becomes much stronger.

Anne

This isn't particularly an issue of "Should" and "Shouldn't be". Symmetra's strength at lower ranks honestly comes from her auto-aim. At higher ranks, you don't see Symmetra's melting DPS characters. She's too squishy and almost always loses because better players can actually shoot her instead of panicking. That's why I don't particularly like Symmetra's balance right now. At the competitive tiers, she's very well balanced. But in the Platinum and lower ranks she becomes much stronger.

There are other problems with her at higher elo too. Like, she isn't running around killing people, but she's just plain not fun to deal with for certain maps and set ups. It's not a balance issue really, it's just generally complained about a lot and kinda hard to deal with for no real good reason. Beatable, but anti-fun.

Mystery Heroes Numbani Attack...."One shot, one kill"....ugh, Widow. The opposing team is camped by the first bus so I stayed in the "Health" area and started sniping. Probably got off 20 shots and got booted for inactivity. Did I just get punished for camping?

Man something about Play of the Game really makes me want to get it. Bit salty about the last match. Game 2 I literally saved our series from being a 0-2. It was already overtime and the enemy already had 99% points. Walked in as Soldier 76 and smashed the entire enemy team with my ult, capped and defended like hell. Game 3 I did 4 quick kills like twice and led the overall turnaround victory. Play of the game: our Lucio pushing a lone enemy off the cliff. Wtf

Is there no replay functionality for Overwatch?
No replays at the moment. Currently all you get are highlights of your recent matches saved for rewatching, but those get wiped when you exit the game.

NeoRaider

From the other thread.

Who doesnt like it? First time i heard people didnt like it. No its awesome skin dude.
C4WDZSDWIAA8U4Q.jpg

Also awesome skin fan made i found on reddit. Would be much cool instead of another tracer skin.

Yeah... at least we got another Tracer skin i guess...

Danj

Any idea what graphics settings etc. affect the speed of alt-tabbing in and out of the game? It used to be super quick but now it takes like a second or two. I checked and I'm definitely on borderless windowed, what else affects it?

Shredderi

Random question: anyone else kind of hate defending on attack/defense maps? Whenever I play solo I usually surf around until I land in a non-defense match. The stakes are just so much higher on defense and it kind of "stresses" me out. On defense I have to play boring and super serious and be on point because the defending team needs to only lose one battle for the whole thing to go to shit. It's on attack when I can try stuff and feel a bit relaxed but I'm always super high alert when defending, picking optimal characters even if I don't feel like it because I don't exactly enjoy losing.

Anne

Has Blizzard acknowledged at all that the community hates 2cp maps? They're all just so bad....

They are also pretty imbalanced at pro level too. Retooling them i sa pretty big undertaking though, I'm pretty sure there are plans somewhere happening to deal with them. Wouldn't be surprised to see a band aid fix at some point.

By imbalanced I mean first defense advantage gets over 60%+ at APEX regularly on the 2CP maps. They try to offset it via format but still.

Antiwhippy

TBF I think they also show first attack at 60% for payload maps also. It's kinda hard to tell how reliable that data can be used when it comes to map design.

Anne

TBF I think they also show first attack at 60% for payload maps also. It's kinda hard to tell how reliable that data can be used when it comes to map design.

True, but I wouldn't doubt if 2CP ends up being slightly imba in favor of first defense in the long run is all. First defense in general is a pretty big advantage, but at least on payload it's snowbally enough for first offense to get some dumb shit.

I kinda wanna know what the data is in general on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom