• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I will never understand roadhog battles, I shoot him to weaken him I hook then lay in another hit they should most likely have been dead however then I get hooked and killed and they always have like 20-50 health left, what in the fuck...

Skii

I will never understand roadhog battles, I shoot him to weaken him I hook then lay in another hit they should most likely have been dead however then I get hooked and killed and they always have like 20-50 health left, what in the fuck...

Yeah don't hook first in the Roadhog battle unless you know you've got backup as the match up favours the person who gets hooked first.

To comment on crosshairs for a bit, which was brought up a bit earlier -- I really wish this game had a better set of crosshair customization, or at the very least allowed for a consistent style of crosshair across the board. For whatever reason, I have a hard time getting a good feel of aim with cross-style crosshairs with gaps in the center, but when there's no gap and it's contiguous it's no problem. I also prefer them to be smaller than what's currently available, so my best alternative thus far has been the circle style crosshair. The issue there is that even that changes between characters, Soldier 76 for example only shows the center dot, the circle doesn't appear unless you have bloom on and even that's after shooting, with bloom off it's indistinguishable from the dot crosshair. How troublesome.

And honestly, when I think on everything concerning my time with them the past few months, I'm thinking my first mistake was me grouping up with a bunch of highschool/college age kids with too much time on their hands and delusions of going pro while I'm in my thirties working a full time job.
Sorry to hear about the crummy team. I feel you on your last bit, I'm juggling too many multiplayer games with not much time to really play them at this point in my life, but right now I'm just rockin' the solo queue life as far as comp is concerned with some QP/arcade with non-competitive friends when the time strikes. You gotta go with the game you gravitate towards and stick with it, time's precious.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No, you should hook first of you're smart and not solo fishing because in most cases your team would have focused down the hog anyway.

I really want Sombra to work and #EndSombraShaming but it's too damn hard. She's so... obtuse.
The problem is people don't build comps around her and her contributions aren't always obvious.

Also it's just easier to do more straightforward things that rely less on coordination.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's fair.

Zen ult is not completely useless now, but you can still make sure that other forms of healing are harder for people to get through..

Good buff for roadhog though.

KarmaCow

So why is competitive designed in a way that ruins the game if one person rage quits?

What's the alternative?

If the game ends in a draw or whatever, then people losing will just quit so the other team doesn't win. This actually happened in season 1 when games with leaver awarded less SR to the winning team.

You can't have another person join either because there is no guarantee they will join in time and moreover, it's not fair to the person joining what could be a game that is effectively already over.

DR2K

Banned
What's the alternative?

If the game ends in a draw or whatever, then people losing will just quit so the other team doesn't win. This actually happened in season 1 when games with leaver awarded less SR to the winning team.

You can't have another person join either because there is no guarantee they will join in time and moreover, it's not fair to the person joining what could be a game that is effectively already over.

It should at least be optional that you can join a competitive match mid game. Our team was actually coming back and winning when this person just up and left. Just happened twice in a row. So disappointing.

It should at least be optional that you can join a competitive match mid game. Our team was actually coming back and winning when this person just up and left. Just happened twice in a row. So disappointing.
What would the incentive be for that? I don't think you're going to line up people to join games that are already skewed against you, so what's the benefit for them? No SR penalty for a loss wouldn't work, that's just the opportunity for free SR. Removing any SR adjustment at all for the person joining makes it pretty pointless for the person entering to begin with. Moreover a different person joining could be unfair for the opposing team as well. The current system isn't very satisfying to suck up, but it's difficult to consider an appropriate alternative that can't be gamed in some way, and you can't make the punishment for occasional leaving too harsh because there are legitimate reasons it could happen outside of the leaver's control.

The way I see it is that someone leaving is little different than someone on your team being present, but still more or less dead weight in their contribution. A leaver is more direct in that impact, but the effect is pretty much the same, and at least you can just take the L and go back to queue after the leaving grace period.

adamy

Banned
anyone know of any decent advanced lucio guides?

i got like 50 hours of playtime with lucio and i'm starting to feel like i hit a wall where i haven't really been getting much better

what sort of medals should good lucio players be consistently getting on comp? i pretty much always get gold healing, gold objective, gold or silver objective kills, but everything else tends to be bronze

average healing is around 15k for a comp match

any feedback is appreciated

KillGore

Finally got to 2,900. Just...a little...bit....more

btw, console players, what sensitivity are you using for aim? I cranked it up to 90 on both horizontal and vertical.

randome

Damn, just started competitive mode and I'm...really bad. I think I've been playing this game too much, already. I'm a bit burnt out. :/ Anyone else ever felt like this?

LiK

I guess when some guy ignores multiple requests to group up over the last few months, they just don't wanna play together. I get the message.

Are the buffs/nerfs for all systems? And how do I see what they are?
The stuff that's more recently being discussed is only in the PTR (public test region) right now, which is an opt-in testing section for the PC version only. The latest changes are stickied on the Battle.net forums here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753097493 but those are only the changes added as of today, there are more tweaks in the PTR that have been added over the week that haven't made it to the live servers as of yet such as Bastion's tweaks, the server browser, and the just discovered hidden nerf to Ana's biotic grenades anti-heal. The changes will eventually be for all systems once they've finalized them and push them out of PTR.

Owzers

Back to back soloq eich games where my team couldn't get the first point...I need to get better as divey characters to avoid the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom