• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

rulerk1

Please nerf soldier on consoles blizzard

He's so fun ruining

i dont think ive ever had an issue with Soldier since most run, put down a healing a station as soon as they see you, or have bad aim. I find crouch spamming to help when dealing with soldier or moving back and forth.

Though I will say I have noticed a certain saltiness in the team when I play Soldier that causes them to over extended to kill me or rage quit after the game is over

Clov

Does anyone know what time the LNY event ends on Monday? I have enough gold to get the D.va skin I want, but I want to try and earn some more lootboxes before I spend it. Will we have time to earn more lootboxes through arcade wins before the event ends too?

What should my mouse sensitivity be set to on PC? Sometimes I feel like it's too sensitive for aiming, but if I lower it I might not be able to "snap" to headshot or spin around as well.

Zakalwe

Banned
Please nerf soldier on consoles blizzard

He's so fun ruining

I don't know. He's easy to pilot but most players are pretty predictable with him. When there's a soldier on fire it can be a bit painful, but that's true of all classes.

Roadhogs are ruining my day more often than anyone right now anyway...

Anne

Note both of us play on some pretty low sens. A bit higher up is a good spot. If you use 800 DPI @ like 6 that is a bit more common. if you have 1600 DPI like me then that's like a 3. You can start to do the math for other DPI settings.

AbaFadi

Banned
Note both of us play on some pretty low sens. A bit higher up is a good spot. If you use 800 DPI @ like 6 that is a bit more common. if you have 1600 DPI like me then that's like a 3. You can start to do the math for other DPI settings.

You helped me out with this a while back. I started 1600 DPI, 3 in-game, but as I got more used to the controls I settled at 2.25 in-game. Playing at a lower sens lets me track better with heroes like Zarya.

As a Mercy, it always feels like if the other healer is a Zenyatta, I'm the only one actually doing much healing...It's annoying :/

Somehow gettings Comp Wins..

finalflame

Yeah, I know, i'm just curious as to why there seems to be an uptick in people picking him now.

Because discord is amazing for helping uncoordinated pugs focus-fire down a single target. Also helps to eliminate ever-annoying Pharahs. Overall, discord is just amazing.

His harmony orb doesn't do much healing but it is nice to just tack it on to a tank or ulting flanker so they can do their thing.

Anne

Also Ana got nerfed and pro players picked Zen a bit more often so obviously you should just be a Zen main and drop Ana :v

Grief.exe

The only thing I don't like about Zen is there is no escape mechanism. Zen has damage potential, but here are situations were that won't always cut it.

Mercy can fly away, Ana has grenade/sleep, and Lucio has boop and tankiness.

I think he has a better Ultimate than Ana though, and maybe I should just buy that event skin and start playing him more frequently.

Discord is great at lower rankings. Makes up for your soldier that cant aim well. Also great for teammate Roadhog hooks and since you see Roadhog all the time

Because discord is amazing for helping uncoordinated pugs focus-fire down a single target. Also helps to eliminate ever-annoying Pharahs. Overall, discord is just amazing.

His harmony orb doesn't do much healing but it is nice to just tack it on to a tank or ulting flanker so they can do their thing.

Oh yeah, Discord is good, it's just maddening when you don't have that Soldier or Roadhog type character I feel a Lucio is useful to provide some AoE heals while Mercy focuses on a tank, or boosts a dps etc.

Also Ana got nerfed and pro players picked Zen a bit more often so obviously you should just be a Zen main and drop Ana :v

Maaan, I'm glad i got to Diamond with Ana before the nerf. Also after getting to Diamond I basically took a break for a week or two from her and now my accuracy has gone to shit from 75-90% unscoped to like 50%. I always enjoyed Mercy though, and I can play Lucio pretty well.

Anne

Zen has the best CC option the game: killing things in 3 hits :v

In other news the Roadhog salt on the main subreddit is insane. The past 2 days I've been house sitting and just ended up on there a couple times and wowowowowow what a place that is.

Maaan, I'm glad i got to Diamond with Ana before the nerf. Also after getting to Diamond I basically took a break for a week or two from her and now my accuracy has gone to shit from 75-90% unscoped to like 50%. I always enjoyed Mercy though, and I can play Lucio pretty well.

(I hope it's obvious I'm being sarcastic and Ana is still incredibly good :x)

finalflame

Anyone wanna duo or triple queue on PC? I'm ~2700. Main Zarya, can also play Ana, Rein, or flex any of the DPS. Would preferably like someone who plays a role complementary to tanks or Rein :)

Add me up fam: darkatnight#1407

I should be studying for an interview, but oh well.

In other news the Roadhog salt on the main subreddit is insane. The past 2 days I've been house sitting and just ended up on there a couple times and wowowowowow what a place that is.

(I hope it's obvious I'm being sarcastic and Ana is still incredibly good :x)

Yeah :p I'm just incredibly bad at her, at the moment. I really enjoy playing all the healers, but Mercy/Ana most, but it's cool because I always have time to shine when people inexplicably (to my mind) are like "Na, i don't want to be Support".

Owzers

Winston vs pharah, zen, roadhog, Rein, reaper. Yeah we lost. It was the entire discussion on how not to play Winston right before me. Then the kid yells into the mic when we lose.

antitrop

As a Mercy, it always feels like if the other healer is a Zenyatta, I'm the only one actually doing much healing...It's annoying :/

When I play Zen with a Mercy, I usually put my Harmony Orb on Mercy. She's my default target when no one else is about to round a corner or at Critical HP. She should be the one doing the healing, but she should also be alive as much as possible to be able to do it.

Also a lot of people just suck at healing with Zen in general, so it might just be that.

Ramirez

This game desperately needs an option to pick people you never want to group with again. The amount of throwing lately in comp is unreal.

Grief.exe

The theory is, since he has significantly higher damage output, the required healing should be lower theoretically.

Well there ya go.

This game desperately needs an option to pick people you never want to group with again. The amount of throwing lately in comp is unreal.

Is there not a block option on console?

AbaFadi

Banned

Comp on ps4 is a joke now lol. People in gm throwing left and right. I don't even play it anymore because it's not fun when nobody takes it seriously.

BigDug13

A Mercy that's on the ball with healing is usually the ONLY person I keep the harmony orb on unless someone is in dire needs.

Zen doesn't do much healing

He does 50% of Mercy's healing from a greater distance and for 3 seconds around corners while also debuffing and dealing a ton of damage. Yeah his healing is half of Mercy's, but he's still a pretty damned good healer considering how many other things he brings to the table. At least his ult synergizes with doing his job instead of being a counter for when you fail at your job.

When I play Zen with a Mercy, I usually put my Harmony Orb on Mercy. She's my default target when no one else is about to round a corner or at Critical HP. She should be the one doing the healing, but she should also be alive as much as possible to be able to do it.

Also a lot of people just suck at healing with Zen in general, so it might just be that.

Since he has to multitask on 3 things, sometimes people get tunnel vision for just debuffing and killing and forgetting to take care of keeping that 30hps a sec on someone who needs it. Another reason why I just like to stick it on Mercy so she can survive to heal. Keeps me focused on one task.

People need to know their role. Single target healing power goes Lucio<Zen<Mercy<Ana. If it's just me as Zen or me and a Lucio, I know that I need to be paying more attention to healing as primary task and just keeping a discord orb out there to help and attacking when I have time. If there's a Mercy or Ana, then I know I can mostly harmony orb them or in the case of Ana, someone difficult to hit like Genji or Pharah and focus on killing/debuffing.

There's also little tricks to get over the fact that sometimes people are in your way. Since you can't harmony the same target twice, a second press of the heal orb button will allow you to hit a second person further away. Sometimes if I see a long range person hurt and someone is in the way in front of him, I'll automatically just press the button twice and it will definitely go to the further hurt person.

NeoRaider

I still don't know what to think about Sombra... it's really weird.

I can have great match but then next one can be complete mess with me being usless most of the time. I just don't know... i had few great matches with her today. I actually can't believe that i killed 32 enemies in one short match with her. But i also have matches when i can't get more than 10 kills. Weird.

I am really inconsistent with her... for now. But becoming much better.

hesido

For a brief PSN network error, at the beginning of a competitive math, before the match actually started, Blizzard took off about 80 SR points from me with a 10 minute ban.

Thanks, Obama (Trump?)

Gorillaz

This jumped up to the top of my list a month ago in terms of updates.

I don't want to see some of these people ever again in comp

IDDQD officially announced for NRG. Can't wait to see the new NRG in action once the other members are finalized.

Pretty dope. Seagull deserves to be on one of the top teams with how good he is. Hopefully NRG can continue to build a great roster around him, cause IDDQD is a great addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom